Anything uPick (Endgame)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2052, jjh927 wrote:
In post 2028, Datisi wrote:oh yeah, i am also not sure if i buy jjh's argument for deimos being town. i'm not sure he appeared to actually truly believe what he was saying, considering he didn't even vote there. jjh, if you can elaborate on why you think deimos seemed so certain about the Weak Argument, that'd be cool, because i did not get that impression at all
Did I say Deimos was certain about it? The point is that the bizarre argument was found, believed in, and presented as though it wasn't tinfoil nonsense. Why would scum look for the argument there in the first place? That's the biggest thing, although all three of those things are hurdles for a scum player to replicate for basically no gain since I don't think people other than me tend to acknowledge this as a towntell
so "believe in it" and "be certain about it" are not the same there, right

i don't know why scum would look for an argument there? because they need to fake reads and maybe some scum find it easier to call out such "factual" inconsistencies over doing actual fake analysis?

granted i see deimos's later posts saying that he was on this longer than i thought so an actual responsible citizen of the town would go back and reread, i might do that at some point, maybe not, we'll see
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2123, Victorine wrote:blep
Victorine, I've seen you speak actual words so what's going on here, does your post restriction intensify over time or something
ratmans
ratmans
Goon
ratmans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:54 am

Post by ratmans »

Don't scum have fake claims.

I'd vote loftwing
Victorine
Victorine
Townie
Victorine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Victorine »

In post 2126, Deimos27 wrote:
Victorine, I've seen you speak actual words so what's going on here, does your post restriction intensify over time or something
I am blue, I am blue
Show
My darling is wonderful in their simplicity

-

Alt of somebody
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2125, Datisi wrote:granted i see deimos's later posts saying that he was on this longer than i thought so an actual responsible citizen of the town would go back and reread, i might do that at some point, maybe not, we'll see
Here you go
Spoiler:
In post 930, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 925, Datisi wrote:though, why were you townreading taly for up to this point?
Tone and claim.

Good vote on Gamma. I think you two are not TvT. That said, I'm actually gonna test something different:

VOTE: Good Luck Buddy
I cannot currently elaborate
In post 1104, Deimos27 wrote:Ok so it's like really hard for me to justify still voting PookyBringer after .

One question though
@Good Luck Buddy
Did you determine who it was who gave that argument for town!Ircher which you falsely remembered
me
making?
In post 1176, Deimos27 wrote:UNVOTE:
I still want an answer from Fire when they get online
In post 1764, Deimos27 wrote:When is Fire usually online my question about the false memory of me making an Ircher towncase continues to go unanswered and now it's been so long no one is gonna care about it anymore
In post 1765, Deimos27 wrote:I guess I'll explain my temporary GLB vote then to put that q in context for y'all
And that is when I publicised my argument
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2039, Datisi wrote:
In post 2035, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 2025, Datisi wrote:
In post 1982, Cheeky Wings wrote:I’m still not understanding Gamma’s case at all but reading that made me like Dats alot more.
what is the "that" here that you read?
2246 that game he referenced. I only briefly skimmed it the first time when you linked it but you sounded very different there.
i was confused on how you started to scumread me shortly after you saw it the first time, but now you're saying that reading that game made you townred me more
Yes because I was really tunnelled into my Gamma/you theory, plus I really hated the post where you claimed to almost be tr me, so I autoassumed you were likely scum trying to manipulate me but I’ve liked your posting since then and I began to doubt that theory because you were making reads I agreed with like on Gypyx for example and I had only briefly skimmed that game, so really didn’t put too much stock into what I’ve read but because I put way more effort into trying to sort Gamma because he was the lead wagon, I read it and based on Gamma’s reasoning for changing his mind on you, I saw that too on the reread. That’s just how my mind works ftr. I can have totally convinced myself one minute that a player is lockscum and either they do something or I have an epiphany that completely flips that and also vice-versa. That’s also a really obvious towntell for me. Idk how much attention you paid to the title fairy thread but Shiki wanted my title to actually be “reconsider it” for that exact same reason.
Succulent hydra of CheekyTeeky and Nancy Drew 39
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Loftwing »

I don't know why you'd be scunreading me based on my claims.
Also, you can just point to games where I was town and say that I was more active there, but what about scum games?

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

The purpose of Meta isn't to justify an execution on a player. The purpose of Meta isn't to get others to execute a player.
Meta is most useful to determine where you should be looking for scum.
Meta is not a Compass, which points at scum, Meta is a Map, which shows where scum might be.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2041, Victorine wrote:YOLO
What exactly is your post restriction?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2129, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 2125, Datisi wrote:granted i see deimos's later posts saying that he was on this longer than i thought so an actual responsible citizen of the town would go back and reread, i might do that at some point, maybe not, we'll see
Here you go
Spoiler:
In post 930, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 925, Datisi wrote:though, why were you townreading taly for up to this point?
Tone and claim.

Good vote on Gamma. I think you two are not TvT. That said, I'm actually gonna test something different:

VOTE: Good Luck Buddy
I cannot currently elaborate
In post 1104, Deimos27 wrote:Ok so it's like really hard for me to justify still voting PookyBringer after .

One question though
@Good Luck Buddy
Did you determine who it was who gave that argument for town!Ircher which you falsely remembered
me
making?
In post 1176, Deimos27 wrote:UNVOTE:
I still want an answer from Fire when they get online
In post 1764, Deimos27 wrote:When is Fire usually online my question about the false memory of me making an Ircher towncase continues to go unanswered and now it's been so long no one is gonna care about it anymore
In post 1765, Deimos27 wrote:I guess I'll explain my temporary GLB vote then to put that q in context for y'all
And that is when I publicised my argument
So the timeline here is that I already had my scumslip hypothesis at and had already lost a lot of confidence in it at
ratmans
ratmans
Goon
ratmans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:01 am

Post by ratmans »

In post 2046, Galron wrote:Anyone else who came in late, would like to hear your thoughts.

Looking at the activity overview, read Clemency's ISO, there's less there than from anyone who started on time.

What's up Clemency?
What if we alternately limmed one lurker slot and one high poster slot
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2131, Loftwing wrote:I don't know why you'd be scunreading me based on my claims.
Also, you can just point to games where I was town and say that I was more active there, but what about scum games?

The purpose of Meta isn't to justify an execution on a player. The purpose of Meta isn't to get others to execute a player.
Meta is not a Compass, which points at scum, Meta is a Map, which shows where scum might be.
If it doesn't make sense that your flavour claim could be given the miller role then it obviously stands to reason that one would assume you are lying.
The point about needing to look at scum games also, when it comes to meta, is valid
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 2135, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 2131, Loftwing wrote:I don't know why you'd be scunreading me based on my claims.

If it doesn't make sense that your flavour claim could be given the miller role then it obviously stands to reason that one would assume you are lying.
The point about needing to look at scum games also, when it comes to meta, is valid
To be honest, the initial role I got didn't make much sense, but I assume that the mod designed my role with balance in mind, which is why I was millerized.
Galron
Galron
Mafia Scum
Galron
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Galron »

In post 2054, Titus wrote:
In post 2053, Galron wrote:
In post 2047, Titus wrote:VOTE: Ircher

I stand with Gamma
What's the position?
Ircher scum, Gamma town
I get that.
Victorine
Victorine
Townie
Victorine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Victorine »

Schmooze.
Show

-

Alt of somebody
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2078, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m on
Beginning to feel a mixture of outrage and depression because it feels like the only people who are bothering to take my side are doing so with ulterior motives in mind. So like, it’s probably best to just get rid of me now but I also don’t want to leave yet.
I really don’t understand this. Who do you think is taking your side that has “ulterior motives”? And if you’re town, what specifically do you think those ulterior motives would even be? This just really doesn’t make a lot of sense to me because the last thing that would ever in a billion years occur to me as town being run up, is that scum would have some kind of investment in saving me.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2085, Gamma Emerald wrote:The main thing feeding that fear is Loftwing’s behavior, he is taking the 2 highly suspected slots and himself and trying to band us together. Meanwhile, I feel good about neither of the 2 not-me people in his supposed townblock. There’s also Titus saying she’s standing with me but not actually voting with me on Loftwing and instead voting Ircher.
Why do you think miller is incompatible with the flavour?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m kinda seeing what Loft is saying abt the flavor
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

Wow, Loft actually did something in a game. I’m beyond shocked :o
Victorine
Victorine
Townie
Victorine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Victorine »

Let me force you to read my stupid fanfic for a while...

"Wake up, sleepy head." Jasiri shook her mate with her paw "The ceremony won't wait!"

"Can't it wait for a little longer?" Janja groaned in response, turning around with intent to continue sleeping

"I suppose it can be postponed for a little while longer." Jasiri smiles "But no longer than a half an hour. After all, it's not every day that someone becomes royalty. Or rather, two someones."

Janja smiles as well. At least until the true meaning of her words reaches his brain. Then he sits bolt upright, eyes going wide.

"Wait, are you saying what I think you're saying?!" he asks

"If you think I am saying you're gonna be the King of the Outlands, then yes." Jasiri giggles

"B..but...I..." Janja stutters "I nominated you as the Queen partially because I knew I would do a lousy job at ruling. You saw how me and my clan failed each time I tried to lead them. Now I will fail on a much bigger scale, and I don't want that."

He starts to wheeze, and Jasiri frowns once she realizes he is having a nervous breakdown.

"Janja...calm down." she says "The fact you're so worried about this in the first place is precisely why you'd make a good king."

"I have to agree with her." another familiar voice rings out

Janja and Jasiri look at the former King of the Pridelands. Simba is older now, and it shows. His movements are slower and his breath is more labored. His eyes, however, are filled with affection. Both Jasiri and Janja can see it.

"Simba." Jasiri curtsies respectfully "What brings you here?"

"I happened to overhear Janja's worries, so I decided to give him some advice, from a former King to a future one." Simba smiles gently "Do not let self-doubt hold you back. I did, and that turned out to be a mistake."

"And why were you in the Outlands?" Jasiri asks

"To tell the truth, I wanted to visit my son." Simba admits "Well, adoptive son. We spent so little time together before I had to give him away."

"Why didn't you visit him before?" Jasiri prompts

"I was sidetracked with my royal duties and raising my own children." Simba says "And then when Kion grew up, he had a lot of encounters with my adoptive son. And he told me all about those per my request. That way, I was able to keep tabs on him."

"And who is this adopted son of yours?" Jasiri tilted her head curiously

"Well, as you know, two of my children became royalty. Kiara is Queen of the Pridelands and Kion is the King of the Tree of Life." Simba says "So then, what if I said that my adopted child is about to become royalty as well?"

Jasiri looks at Janja, and their eyes widen simultaneosly. Then Jasiri giggles.

"Oh, yes." she chortles "A lion adopting a hyena! Now I've seen everything!"

"You will bring the hyenas back to the Pridelands." Simba continues "Just as your parents would have wanted."

Janja turns away at that declaration, looking sad.

"I never knew my parents." he whispers "I never even met them. You know them better than I ever will. Why do you get to know them better than me?!"

Then he bolts off before either Jasiri or Simba could stop him.

"Janja..." Jasiri whispers

She's about to follow, but a lion's paw blocks her path.

"He needs some time to himself." Simba says "I suggest you postpone the coronation ceremony until tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll talk to him."

Janja is lying on cold, hard stone. Tears are flowing down his face without reservation as he gnaws on a bone.

Then a zebra carcass is placed down in front of him, and a warm body lies down next to him.

"Let it all out, son." Simba says "It's been twenty years since I last called you that, you know..."

Janja doesn't look up, but he does start munching on the zebra carcass instead.

"You were quite the troublemaker back then." Simba says "And according to Kion, you still were well into your teenage years."

"And yet, you were quick to disbelieve I had changed." Janja says

"Yes, that was an unfortunate development." Simba admits with a sigh "To be honest, you brought back Scar and I...I thought he had corrupted you fully. That, and twenty years of causing trouble...I thought that the little pip I knew back then was gone forever. Fortunately, you were able to prove me wrong. And that is why I'll make one final decree as King. Kiara and Kovu already agreed as well, as did Kion. From now on, the hyenas are welcome in the Pridelands and at the Tree of Life alike as long as they don't cause too much mayhem. I do this for you and for your mate's joint clan."

"Thank you." Janja manages to say

"Now you should rest for today." Simba begins to leave "I convinced Jasiri to postpone the ceremony for your sake. Me and my family will attend. All of us will attend the coronation. It's a family affair, after all."

"So me and Kion have been brothers this whole time?" Janja smirks

"Adoptive brothers." Simba corrects "But yes. And you fought, as brothers should."

"And I held my adoptive sister and mother hostage." Janja adds

"Yes, you did." Simba remarks off-handedly "It was Ushari's idea, to be fair."

"Maybe." Janja grins "Still, that's one weird family tree. But...I was told my real parents died. How did they die?"

"They were killed." is all Simba says "I need to get going now, and you need to rest."

When Janja and Jasiri wake up the next day, the sun is high up in the sky. They stand up slowly and drink a little from the pond, before they are interrupted by Madoa, who runs up to them.

"The royal family are coming...all of them." she says "And so is the Lion Guard."

"Which one, Kion's or Vitani's?" Jasiri asks

"Both of them." Madoa replies

"Well, then, this will be interesting..." Janja says

"Very interesting." another voice says

"Ah, Vitani is here." Madoa says

"Indeed." Vitani stops to look at Janja "You look like Shenzi...and Banzai as well. You must be their biological offspring."

"I can't be. They died in a fire long before I was born. Every hyena knows the story. And my parents were killed, so that can't be true." Janja denies

"That's not what happened." Vitani smiles sadly "Your parents were killed by my mother."

"That's not entirely true." Simba says "Your mother died giving birth to you and your father was killed by my officers."

Janja looks between Vitani and Simba, unsure which version to believe. Nala, Kiara, Kovu and Vitani's guard are there as well.

Then Jasiri clears her throat.

"I hate to interrupt, but the ceremony is about to start."

Janja has a sneaking suspicion she did so for his sake.

That is when Kion, his mate and his guard appear.

"I believe we've come to an acceptable alternative for your ceremony." Jasiri tells Simba

Wema and Tunu walk up, each one carrying what appears to be a makeshift crown made of twigs and leaves in their mouth

"Indeed." Simba agrees

"Then let the coronation ceremony begin!" Jasiri announces

Wema and Tunu approach Janja and Jasiri and put the crowns onto their heads as everyone is watching.

"Presenting the new Queen and King of the Outlands." Madoa announces "Good luck, you guys."

"Thanks, sis." Jasiri says "We'll need it...both of us will need it."

Janja tunes out most of what happens next. Instead he thinks about his parents and tries to figure out which story is true.

After the ceremony is finished, he is approached by Kion and Rani.

"Thinking about your parents?" Rani asks softly "Mine were killed too, so I understand how you feel."

"If what Simba says is true, then I killed my mother." Janja says morosely

"You didn't." Rani says comfortingly "It's just one of those things that happen."

Janja doesn't answer. Instead, he wanders off.

"He needs to be alone now." Rani advises "Except you, Jasiri. He needs you, I think."

"Got it." Jasiri says and takes off after him.

So have you figured out my alignment from this yet?
Show

-

Alt of somebody
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2104, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 2099, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 2097, Cheeky Wings wrote:Deimos are you willing to CFD Firebear?
~C
No I said I'd rather not lim them today.
I tr them behaviourally apart from the potential scumslip and I consider Fire at least, when town, to be a great asset.
They are on igmeoy probation subject to daily re-evaluation.
Fire's never town though. But fine. I'll bury my dreams of an open wolf elim today.
~C
My read is based on Pooky. If Fire was playing solo, I’d probably agree with you but I really like Pooky.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2107, Gamma Emerald wrote:https://beastars.fandom.com/wiki/Collot
I don’t see how this ends up as a Miller
But this is a uPick?
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2108, Deimos27 wrote:TBH I've just been interpreting "WIM" as synonymous with "motivation" so just to make sure I'm not miscommunicating can someone elaborate briefly on what "want it more" exactly is supposed to be mean cause I've seen this acronym thrown around a lot in the last few games I've played
It pertains to motivation in a game. High wim=high motivation and low, the converse.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2145, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 2107, Gamma Emerald wrote:https://beastars.fandom.com/wiki/Collot
I don’t see how this ends up as a Miller
But this is a uPick?
Wait was this his flavour claim? I must have missed it.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 591, Loftwing wrote:Collot (Beastars)
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2128, Victorine wrote:
In post 2126, Deimos27 wrote:
I am blue, I am blue
As in sad?