Anything uPick (Endgame)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2372, Deimos27 wrote:idiosyncratic
i hope this can be used a compliment.

i use to be worst.

i have gotten better though and many people now know like my scum meta annd town meta lol and see the way i fucking type is weird af LOL

but im so willing to help break down sum for u if u dont understand it -- like i always say in every game LOL, i don't like when im taking out of context regardless of allignment
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What does bad faith actually mean because I feel like my usage of it isn’t in line with what it actually means. Be the Inigo to my Vizzini pls
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That was kinda @ Taly but anyone can answer
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

That was a response to me Taly
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

Spoiler:
In post 2211, Victorine wrote:
In post 2181, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 2166, Victorine wrote:
In post 2162, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 2161, Victorine wrote:
In post 2156, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 2143, Victorine wrote:Let me force you to read my stupid fanfic for a while...

"Wake up, sleepy head." Jasiri shook her mate with her paw "The ceremony won't wait!"

"Can't it wait for a little longer?" Janja groaned in response, turning around with intent to continue sleeping

"I suppose it can be postponed for a little while longer." Jasiri smiles "But no longer than a half an hour. After all, it's not every day that someone becomes royalty. Or rather, two someones."

Janja smiles as well. At least until the true meaning of her words reaches his brain. Then he sits bolt upright, eyes going wide.

"Wait, are you saying what I think you're saying?!" he asks

"If you think I am saying you're gonna be the King of the Outlands, then yes." Jasiri giggles

"B..but...I..." Janja stutters "I nominated you as the Queen partially because I knew I would do a lousy job at ruling. You saw how me and my clan failed each time I tried to lead them. Now I will fail on a much bigger scale, and I don't want that."

He starts to wheeze, and Jasiri frowns once she realizes he is having a nervous breakdown.

"Janja...calm down." she says "The fact you're so worried about this in the first place is precisely why you'd make a good king."

"I have to agree with her." another familiar voice rings out

Janja and Jasiri look at the former King of the Pridelands. Simba is older now, and it shows. His movements are slower and his breath is more labored. His eyes, however, are filled with affection. Both Jasiri and Janja can see it.

"Simba." Jasiri curtsies respectfully "What brings you here?"

"I happened to overhear Janja's worries, so I decided to give him some advice, from a former King to a future one." Simba smiles gently "Do not let self-doubt hold you back. I did, and that turned out to be a mistake."

"And why were you in the Outlands?" Jasiri asks

"To tell the truth, I wanted to visit my son." Simba admits "Well, adoptive son. We spent so little time together before I had to give him away."

"Why didn't you visit him before?" Jasiri prompts

"I was sidetracked with my royal duties and raising my own children." Simba says "And then when Kion grew up, he had a lot of encounters with my adoptive son. And he told me all about those per my request. That way, I was able to keep tabs on him."

"And who is this adopted son of yours?" Jasiri tilted her head curiously

"Well, as you know, two of my children became royalty. Kiara is Queen of the Pridelands and Kion is the King of the Tree of Life." Simba says "So then, what if I said that my adopted child is about to become royalty as well?"

Jasiri looks at Janja, and their eyes widen simultaneosly. Then Jasiri giggles.

"Oh, yes." she chortles "A lion adopting a hyena! Now I've seen everything!"

"You will bring the hyenas back to the Pridelands." Simba continues "Just as your parents would have wanted."

Janja turns away at that declaration, looking sad.

"I never knew my parents." he whispers "I never even met them. You know them better than I ever will. Why do you get to know them better than me?!"

Then he bolts off before either Jasiri or Simba could stop him.

"Janja..." Jasiri whispers

She's about to follow, but a lion's paw blocks her path.

"He needs some time to himself." Simba says "I suggest you postpone the coronation ceremony until tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll talk to him."

Janja is lying on cold, hard stone. Tears are flowing down his face without reservation as he gnaws on a bone.

Then a zebra carcass is placed down in front of him, and a warm body lies down next to him.

"Let it all out, son." Simba says "It's been twenty years since I last called you that, you know..."

Janja doesn't look up, but he does start munching on the zebra carcass instead.

"You were quite the troublemaker back then." Simba says "And according to Kion, you still were well into your teenage years."

"And yet, you were quick to disbelieve I had changed." Janja says

"Yes, that was an unfortunate development." Simba admits with a sigh "To be honest, you brought back Scar and I...I thought he had corrupted you fully. That, and twenty years of causing trouble...I thought that the little pip I knew back then was gone forever. Fortunately, you were able to prove me wrong. And that is why I'll make one final decree as King. Kiara and Kovu already agreed as well, as did Kion. From now on, the hyenas are welcome in the Pridelands and at the Tree of Life alike as long as they don't cause too much mayhem. I do this for you and for your mate's joint clan."

"Thank you." Janja manages to say

"Now you should rest for today." Simba begins to leave "I convinced Jasiri to postpone the ceremony for your sake. Me and my family will attend. All of us will attend the coronation. It's a family affair, after all."

"So me and Kion have been brothers this whole time?" Janja smirks

"Adoptive brothers." Simba corrects "But yes. And you fought, as brothers should."

"And I held my adoptive sister and mother hostage." Janja adds

"Yes, you did." Simba remarks off-handedly "It was Ushari's idea, to be fair."

"Maybe." Janja grins "Still, that's one weird family tree. But...I was told my real parents died. How did they die?"

"They were killed." is all Simba says "I need to get going now, and you need to rest."

When Janja and Jasiri wake up the next day, the sun is high up in the sky. They stand up slowly and drink a little from the pond, before they are interrupted by Madoa, who runs up to them.

"The royal family are coming...all of them." she says "And so is the Lion Guard."

"Which one, Kion's or Vitani's?" Jasiri asks

"Both of them." Madoa replies

"Well, then, this will be interesting..." Janja says

"Very interesting." another voice says

"Ah, Vitani is here." Madoa says

"Indeed." Vitani stops to look at Janja "You look like Shenzi...and Banzai as well. You must be their biological offspring."

"I can't be. They died in a fire long before I was born. Every hyena knows the story. And my parents were killed, so that can't be true." Janja denies

"That's not what happened." Vitani smiles sadly "Your parents were killed by my mother."

"That's not entirely true." Simba says "Your mother died giving birth to you and your father was killed by my officers."

Janja looks between Vitani and Simba, unsure which version to believe. Nala, Kiara, Kovu and Vitani's guard are there as well.

Then Jasiri clears her throat.

"I hate to interrupt, but the ceremony is about to start."

Janja has a sneaking suspicion she did so for his sake.

That is when Kion, his mate and his guard appear.

"I believe we've come to an acceptable alternative for your ceremony." Jasiri tells Simba

Wema and Tunu walk up, each one carrying what appears to be a makeshift crown made of twigs and leaves in their mouth

"Indeed." Simba agrees

"Then let the coronation ceremony begin!" Jasiri announces

Wema and Tunu approach Janja and Jasiri and put the crowns onto their heads as everyone is watching.

"Presenting the new Queen and King of the Outlands." Madoa announces "Good luck, you guys."

"Thanks, sis." Jasiri says "We'll need it...both of us will need it."

Janja tunes out most of what happens next. Instead he thinks about his parents and tries to figure out which story is true.

After the ceremony is finished, he is approached by Kion and Rani.

"Thinking about your parents?" Rani asks softly "Mine were killed too, so I understand how you feel."

"If what Simba says is true, then I killed my mother." Janja says morosely

"You didn't." Rani says comfortingly "It's just one of those things that happen."

Janja doesn't answer. Instead, he wanders off.

"He needs to be alone now." Rani advises "Except you, Jasiri. He needs you, I think."

"Got it." Jasiri says and takes off after him.

So have you figured out my alignment from this yet?
So, are you supposed to be Jasiri here or one of the other characters?
I was supposed to be Janja, but RC misread my intentions, so this is me pretending to be him while upholding my restriction at the same time.
Will your post restriction be lifted at some point because if it’s real, I might lean slight town based on this but it’s really not enough to town bin you for the entire game based off of this because we have no way of knowing if it’s true or fake at this point.

What is your specific flavour since you claim it’s non Janja?
No, it will not be lifted unless I die. As for my flavor, you'll find out sooner or later.
How are we expected to honestly sort you then?
Use mah meta?

Gamma, tell them who my main is

I know who you are. Haven’t you been reading any of my posts? That’s precisely why I’m sceptical because your opening posts reminded me of TBoNTB and Overkill 1.
Succulent hydra of CheekyTeeky and Nancy Drew 39
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 2376, Gamma Emerald wrote:What does bad faith actually mean because I feel like my usage of it isn’t in line with what it actually means. Be the Inigo to my Vizzini pls
Bad faith is often coming from a disingenuous origin. Or one that presumes a reality prior to actual confirmation.

It's like confbias but you don't actually believe in your argument.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ah okay

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Taly »

Oh well shit

I've officially crowned enough for one night.

Redact my statement about Deimos/GrandpaMo

I need to sleep..
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Taly »

Clowned* omg it's late
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Do you mean me and GMo because idr anything from you about Deimos

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2215, Victorine wrote:Then why is she asking me on how to read me, kknowing I am biased, instead of forming her opinions? It looks to me like an excuse.
In post 2216, Gamma Emerald wrote:Because she’s struggling because of the post restriction
What do you think of this post Gamma? How tf can anyone expect me to have any kind of opinion on a completely unreadable and apparently will remain unreadable until they flip according to her?

That she’s accusing me of making an “excuse” for fucking what exactly? :shifty:
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2374, Taly wrote:Your framing of the situation and how you respond to Gamma's posts don't seem seem align to me.

If I wanted to figure out someone's confusions by unwillingness to explain, my thought process wouldn't be "I'm trying to help you" it would be more "what am I figuring out here.."

Like the focus that you're posting is in good faith doesn't align or seem congruent with "you're either very depressed townie or AtE ing scum" because you imply very clearly that Gamma has a scum motive and yet you leave it for interpretation.

Are you trying to read Gamma through other players? I don't follow you here.
GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 2362, Deimos27 wrote:Yeah no I'm reading Mo's posts as town tbh
I have to go through the chains of reasoning really slowly to even barely comprehend them but the main point is that they're blurted out at such a fast pace and consistent convoluted density that I couldn't imagine being able to fake it as scum.
Can someone walk me through why the hedging on gamma is scum-ai
am i rlly that uncomprehendable? lol

and no one is saying that lol
Did I say you were incomprehensible?

And why does everybody's input have to way in on how I perceive you?

I don't like the way you're talking to me.

1st -The only reason you don't follow me here is because I was talking to gamma from a stance of meta. They know I usually act like this and I know that they act like this so I had to approach them in a way where they would understand. This isn't anything new.

2nd - Gamma does have a scum motive. And gamma also have a town motive. They explained it. They literally admitted to my post saying that I was doing those both things however I am just town in both scenerios but in my mind -- I don't have that potrayed as both town mindsets but one town and one scum mindset.

That's why I am always potraying Gamma here as null. I pressured them to give me their explanation. I explained this already. And sorta I am tryna read them through other players -- cheeky was helping me with that but the main thing was me pressuring them until they give something. I don't know how to feel about the reaction or post discussion but all I can say right there that I still don't have a defeintie answer so instead of fighting with them to get a solid answer, I want to move onto another slot that I pinged out possible scum earlier, galron. My main idea was that I wasn't approaching Gamma as a scumpush rather defending gamma from cheeky's confusion -- helping cheeky to understand gamma's defense then proceed to understand Gamma's aggression. Then proceed to understand gamma's vote on me in which spakred this whole thing because they were "frustrated" I becamew frustrated with gamma because they have done half ass explanations to everything beforehand tlaking to me hence why I was confused on what the utter motive for voting me was. They had no motive. They admitted it was just a random hop of train in a post or whatever its called. I relate to a meta game with gamma which further explains my thought process on why they could be town but ultimaly they STILL had a scum motive. do u not understand this?

3rd - That post wasn't to you?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Idk how often Yume has done it before but she did this “y’all should be able to read me right” thing as scum in a recently “finished” game, AI UPick 2

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I'd have pitched in on this discussion when I got here but for whatever reason I don't really have an angle for placing GrandpaMo at present so I've instead been looking at old games, given that Nancy implied Victorine was probably NicoRobin/Yume/Aelita/who knows how many alts and that's actually pretty plausible but I don't think it means a lot other than that I'm even more happy to elim there than before
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

I feel like I am repeating everything I have said -- I already this like two times. You may just have not understood it, which would make sense.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2387, Gamma Emerald wrote:Idk how often Yume has done it before but she did this “y’all should be able to read me right” thing as scum in a recently “finished” game, AI UPick 2
Oh is it actually definitely Yume then
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2384, Gamma Emerald wrote:Do you mean me and GMo because idr anything from you about Deimos
Oh I see it now

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2390, jjh927 wrote:
In post 2387, Gamma Emerald wrote:Idk how often Yume has done it before but she did this “y’all should be able to read me right” thing as scum in a recently “finished” game, AI UPick 2
Oh is it actually definitely Yume then
Yes
She tagged one of her posts in a game where she was hydra with House as Victorine so it’s her

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2386, GrandpaMo wrote:1st -The only reason you don't follow me here is because I was talking to gamma from a stance of meta. They know I usually act like this and I know that they act like this so I had to approach them in a way where they would understand. This isn't anything new.
I don’t know that this is the norm for you, I’ve played w you only once

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2388, jjh927 wrote:I'd have pitched in on this discussion when I got here but for whatever reason I don't really have an angle for placing GrandpaMo at present so I've instead been looking at old games, given that Nancy implied Victorine was probably NicoRobin/Yume/Aelita/who knows how many alts and that's actually pretty plausible but I don't think it means a lot other than that I'm even more happy to elim there than before
I might be interested in throwing in some Victorine pressure. Gamma will always exist as deadline elim.
I feel like my vote being parked there is no longer actually helping to sort him.
What is it about those alts that makes Victorine an even better elim?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Okay then

She deserves to be voted up for acting like a blatantly faked pOsT rEStRiCtIoN is an excuse for not posting content if nothing else
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2393, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2386, GrandpaMo wrote:1st -The only reason you don't follow me here is because I was talking to gamma from a stance of meta. They know I usually act like this and I know that they act like this so I had to approach them in a way where they would understand. This isn't anything new.
I don’t know that this is the norm for you, I’ve played w you only once
I might be then biased -- representative heuristic?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

VOTE: Victorine
This will at the very least also force me to re-evaluate Gamma once before I can go back over there
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Idk what representative heuristic is but okay
And sure I’ll throw my log into the fire on this one
VOTE: Victorine

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

Interesting. Well I know that Vecna’s restriction was temporary and I believe even nom/tw’s was as well, so I have real trouble buying that RC gives a player a perminent post restriction until they flip in any game ever. I just don’t buy it and shading me for not having an opinion there is utter nonsense.