Anything uPick (Endgame)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Here's the thing about the post restriction.
We've seen some posts from Victorine that don't appear post restricted at all.
We've seen some posts with apparent restrictions that immediately vanish and different ones appear thereafter.
Either there really exists some general post restriction that encompasses all the variety in posts we've seen from Victorine (press x to doubt) or RC is like actively changing Victorine's post restrictions (which would be an insane amount of work, so... press x to doubt)
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2394, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 2388, jjh927 wrote:I'd have pitched in on this discussion when I got here but for whatever reason I don't really have an angle for placing GrandpaMo at present so I've instead been looking at old games, given that Nancy implied Victorine was probably NicoRobin/Yume/Aelita/who knows how many alts and that's actually pretty plausible but I don't think it means a lot other than that I'm even more happy to elim there than before
I might be interested in throwing in some Victorine pressure. Gamma will always exist as deadline elim.
I feel like my vote being parked there is no longer actually helping to sort him.
What is it about those alts that makes Victorine an even better elim?
-I have almost no respect for Yume's play even when she isn't doing literally nothing, so even if she's town we don't lose much
-Town!Yume is never getting shot by scum ever, so she will endgame as either alignment if we do not elim or vig her.
-If I can remember it, I have sufficient experience with Yume to accurately place her but I am gonna need to see her attempt some actual content.
-I would consider Yume the kind of player who would be inclined to basically not post because she is frightened of specific people in the playerlist accurately placing her as scum.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2400, Deimos27 wrote:Here's the thing about the post restriction.
We've seen some posts with apparent restrictions that immediately vanish and different ones appear thereafter.
Either there really exists some general post restriction that encompasses all the variety in posts we've seen from Victorine (press x to doubt) or RC is like actively changing Victorine's post restrictions (which would be an insane amount of work, so... press x to doubt)
Ok but counter consideration:
Why would scum fake such a haphazard post restriction, knowing it's gonna look unrealistic.
Why wouldn't they choose one post restriction and use it consistently?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In any case I definitely want this slot to attempt content and the only way we're gonna tease it out is with pressure at this point
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Now I'm finally off to bed for the night
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2398, Gamma Emerald wrote:Idk what representative heuristic is but okay
And sure I’ll throw my log into the fire on this one
VOTE: Victorine
It's where I make an assumption about the general population (in this case you) after one incident occurring.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2401, jjh927 wrote:-I have almost no respect for Yume's play even when she isn't doing literally nothing, so even if she's town we don't lose much
-Town!Yume is never getting shot by scum ever, so she will endgame as either alignment if we do not elim or vig her.
I wonder how loft will read this.

Can you read this..? @loft

Because it sounds like you have conflicting views I believe.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2402, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 2400, Deimos27 wrote:Here's the thing about the post restriction.
Ok but counter consideration:
Why would scum fake such a haphazard post restriction, knowing it's gonna look unrealistic.
Why wouldn't they choose one post restriction and use it consistently?
In post 2401, jjh927 wrote:-I would consider Yume the kind of player who would be inclined to basically not post because she is frightened of specific people in the playerlist accurately placing her as scum.
Also, why would town fake such a haphazard post restriction, knowing it's gonna look unrealistic? This in part is a reflection of the player, not the alignment, and the player is Yume which is why it makes sense for her to do it. I don't believe Yume has an understanding of the post restriction looking unrealistic.

The motivation of why she has ATTEMPTED to fake a post restriction is more pressing, and that is because she wants to avoid posting actual content in order to avoid being correctly identified as scum.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 495, Victorine wrote:One day, dogs will rule the Earth. Dogs ruling the Earth is my dream.
In post 503, Victorine wrote:
In post 496, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 495, Victorine wrote:One day, dogs will rule the Earth. Dogs ruling the Earth is my dream.
Global warming due to an overproduction of tennis balls ^.^
~C
The rain in Spain falls mostly on the plain.
@Diiemos, she made comparible posts like these as scum in TBoNtB and in Overkill 1.

I’ve already quoted them. I think it’s greater > rand chance this is an excuse for not playing because she likes to be unreadable as scum.

If she had said, my alignment will be obvious at some point or the post restriction will end, I’d be feeling a whole lot better about this. All she really promised is her flavour will become obvious and since RC told us that flavour won’t be ai, how is that useful?

And she also naked voted Sakura without any explanation and I recall she also voted town!RR in Overkill 1 but there for a completely nonsensical reason.
Succulent hydra of CheekyTeeky and Nancy Drew 39
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2401, jjh927 wrote:-I have almost no respect for Yume's play even when she isn't doing literally nothing, so even if she's town we don't lose much
Okay don’t, she was actually alright in FFXIV as part of the hydra with House, she helped pull him from pushing several mislims
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2406, GrandpaMo wrote:

Full disclosure, I do also have a magical power when it comes to Yume- Yume is incapable of killing me in any upick, and whenever she attempts it, the situation will be made worse for her. I think there's 3 games? Maybe 4 if you count the one where I made her set her hydra on fire
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2410, jjh927 wrote:

Full disclosure, I do also have a magical power when it comes to Yume- Yume is incapable of killing me in any upick, and whenever she attempts it, the situation will be made worse for her. I think there's 3 games? Maybe 4 if you count the one where I made her set her hydra on fire
no no this is to loft's point because rthey poiinted to me for going against a player who has eben low activity and won't hurt town reagrdless of allignment

im just curious how loft will say to u
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hmmmm
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Loftwing »

What the fuck did I just read.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay nah I don’t think that sort of virtue signaling is scummy
I had to take a minute to think about it

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2413, Loftwing wrote:

What the fuck did I just read.
look recent post - how do u read this luft
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Loftwing »

I have no idea what either of you are saying.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2409, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Okay don’t, she was actually alright in FFXIV as part of the hydra with House, she helped pull him from pushing several mislims
She was obtown in that game. I don’t want her hammered yet or even close but if she’s going to take the attitude that I don’t have to be readable the entire game and shades anyone who dares question her about that, I don’t think that’s acceptable.

And that’s yet another reason I think Titus is town, because she was fooled by scum!Joan in TBoNtB and I trust her scepticism on that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2416, Loftwing wrote:I have no idea what either of you are saying.
From me, I was seeing GMO’s way of saying “I wonder what X will have to say when they see this” and I had to think back to when I myself had done that before, and the first thing that came to mind made it clear it wasn’t a scumtell

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

omg

look at jj post they are reading some what vic as not contributing to the game right and they see that as scum ok?

you got on me about pushing a low posting person vs someone who is scummy now and high content.

so what do u feel about jj's push on vic regarding the stance thatthey earlier regarding them not posting as lot and regardles of allignment they aren't helpful to town sum like that
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Ircher »

Just a note: I started on page 86 and then started reading top to bottom, but backwards in terms of pages to page 84. I then jumped to page 87 and read forward like normal.
In post 2134, ratmans wrote:What if we alternately limmed one lurker slot and one high poster slot
This post is awful for obvious reasons.
In post 2143, Victorine wrote:You saw how me and my clan failed each time I tried to lead them.
In post 2143, Victorine wrote:So have you figured out my alignment from this yet?
3rd party? Idk, I was distracted by the errors.
In post 2115, Deimos27 wrote:
@Loftwing
, since you're here, how motivated do you feel to play this game right now and why?
Why should motivation matter for alignment? That's like one of the easiest things to manipulate. Sure, it may apply more for some players, but I don't like how you seem to be trying to read Loftwing almost solely on this factor.
In post 2119, Cheeky Wings wrote:Which faction benefits the most from spamming the thread until most players have lost their WIM? Isn't pooky some kind of scumhunting God? Why would Pooky made this game unreadable for themselves? It's not rocket science that they're successfully playing tstbs.
~C
No, this is poor reasoning. Pooky always like to mess around. You can talk about the density of content, but you cannot claim Pooky is scum based on sheer volume.
In post 2092, Deimos27 wrote:We have such an immense amount of anti-resonance because posts I see as jokes worth ignoring (see: Ircher's first "readslist", now Loftwing's "townblock") you seem to take very seriously.
This is a good observation though not too telling in terms of alignment.
In post 2198, Cheeky Wings wrote:Yeah this can go. I caught my first obv scum.
~C
It is not at all obvious to me. Can you elaborate?
In post 2202, GrandpaMo wrote:but this is only a theory... a scum theory ofc.
On the other hand, this reaction does register as scummy.
In post 2215, Victorine wrote:Then why is she asking me on how to read me, kknowing I am biased, instead of forming her opinions? It looks to me like an excuse.
Quite frankly, it doesn't appear you have a post restriction at all.
In post 2217, Cheeky Wings wrote:Also, he’s the first one to claim delayed role pm, so that looks better than anyone claiming it later.
I am confident this is false; at the same time, I lack the time to actually go verify this is indeed false.
Links: User Page | Player Ratings | GTKAS | Test
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2418, Gamma Emerald wrote:
From me, I was seeing GMO’s way of saying “I wonder what X will have to say when they see this” and I had to think back to when I myself had done that before, and the first thing that came to mind made it clear it wasn’t a scumtell
I’m starting to think you could be town because I can’t see any clear agenda from anything you’ve done so far because you’ve been completely all over the place and I don’t actually recall you ever doing that as scum.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 2417, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 2409, Gamma Emerald wrote:
She was obtown in that game. I don’t want her hammered yet or even close but if she’s going to take the attitude that I don’t have to be readable the entire game and shades anyone who dares question her about that, I don’t think that’s acceptable.

And that’s yet another reason I think Titus is town, because she was fooled by scum!Joan in TBoNtB and I trust her scepticism on that.
I haven't played with her in aaaaaaaages but I think if she's going after people who scumread her then she's more likely to be scum

From what I remember her scumgame relies on people saying "No this is what she's like as town" when she coasts by doing fuck all as scum
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by Loftwing »

In post 2419, GrandpaMo wrote:
omg

look at jj post they are reading some what vic as not contributing to the game right and they see that as scum ok?

you got on me about pushing a low posting person vs someone who is scummy now and high content.

so what do u feel about jj's push on vic regarding the stance thatthey earlier regarding them not posting as lot and regardles of allignment they aren't helpful to town sum like that
The main difference is that it seemed like you wanted to indiscriminately kill lowposters rather than scummy players, while they are scumreading a lowposter.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2420, Ircher wrote:On the other hand, this reaction does register as scummy.
eh

i wouldnt call it a reaction but more like an explanation to why i was scumleaning galron

i disliked galron's posts and just explained it