Slaughter Hour: The Grand Debut! | Fin

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #6450 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ydrasse says Titus was pushing for Ulyana to get spared right? Ulyana was certain gooey+Peta were town so pushing for her survival would put them in a better position
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6451 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:47 am

Post by petapan »

i think the scumteam having played as insane game around trying to bus the hell out of one slot across like 3 different people doesn't make a ton of sense at all, and i think gammagooey coming into the game and immediately trying to hellbus skitter when no one in blue was talking about her would be...pretty goddamn crazy, and i don't think gammagooey is that type of player, although my mental image of him is severely outdated

i want to check my bases but that is where i am starting from
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6452 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:49 am

Post by petapan »

In post 6450, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ydrasse says Titus was pushing for Ulyana to get spared right? Ulyana was certain gooey+Peta were town so pushing for her survival would put them in a better position
i think to a significant degree, titus after slipping was in rolled over WIFOM antispew

this is partly true of what she was doing before that but i barely read her posts
free crypto
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6453 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Taly »

i dont play scum this way.

to suggest such is to say ive dramatically enhanced my range.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6454 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Taly »

In post 6453, Taly wrote:i dont play scum this way.

to suggest such is to say ive dramatically enhanced my range.
for non-self-meta, it is also to suggest that my gameplay recently has been to actively incriminate myself.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6455 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 6450, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ydrasse says Titus was pushing for Ulyana to get spared right? Ulyana was certain gooey+Peta were town so pushing for her survival would put them in a better position
no, she wasn't pushing this, let me clarify:

she spent the majority of the pt saying we should all die.
after deadline passed, and she auto-passed, she made a comment about how she considered saving ulyana because she was wary of me/cakez having scum. she also made other comments about agreeing with ulyana (because at this point, ulyana was the only person who could save her because cakez was saving me)
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6456 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 6435, Taly wrote: guessed as much

really dont want to tunnel you here as i want to read thoroughly

but your progression on me this game aligns perfectly with what ive seen come from scum in previous games when im a final or next-to-final mislim.

i really want you to justify yourself, and i dont mean scumcasing me.

youve brought up many points on why i am good for thread health but youve never directly given an opinion of me via my own posting. its based a lot on everything around me.

its a stiff progression and im frustrated if youre town here.
Tbh I felt worse about you than Ydrasse while rereading last night and this morning

The case on Ydrasse scum is that she mostly floated through the game, pushed a lot of town players, and tried to save HQ & had some reluctance to leave behind skitter/Firebringer. which has reasonable scum motivation but uh. feels like pretty bad play from potential Ydrasse scum?

Whereas you've been imo one of the most active and influential people in the game but it's felt like other people have been the ones dragging or nudging you onto scum wagons as opposed to the other way around (with the exception of Dunn). And reading back on the descriptions of the Pink PT described basically you+skitter+dwlee coming together which feels pretty bad in hindsight.
It's just so much posting and thoughts and words but I can't remember a time where you stood up and STRONGLY voiced a preference towards yeeting who you thought was scum. Part of that is because you didn't have to regardless of your alignment I think since GE and you acted together so much but I just don't see a specific spot where you ever put yourself in a position you'd potentially look bad moving away from.

p.s. i see we're all online given the 10 posts made before i hit the submit button
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6457 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Ydrasse »

okay im not allowed to do what i wanted to do so i'm going to try and summarize instead
- - - -
won
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6458 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Ydrasse »

idk how to break down this many pages >_< do you guys want anything specific or should i just try to do it in chunks
- - - -
won
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6459 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Ydrasse »

is anyone around???
- - - -
won
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6460 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Taly »

In post 6455, Ydrasse wrote:

after deadline passed, and she auto-passed, she made a comment about how she considered saving ulyana because she was wary of me/cakez having scum. she also made other comments about agreeing with ulyana (because at this point, ulyana was the only person who could save her because cakez was saving me)
this suggests
ydra
town and her doubling down on making sure we all understand her rings to me as a town relaying the events.

p-edit

Gammagooey wrote:
In post 6435, Taly wrote: guessed as much

really dont want to tunnel you here as i want to read thoroughly

but your progression on me this game aligns perfectly with what ive seen come from scum in previous games when im a final or next-to-final mislim.

i really want you to justify yourself, and i dont mean scumcasing me.

youve brought up many points on why i am good for thread health but youve never directly given an opinion of me via my own posting. its based a lot on everything around me.

its a stiff progression and im frustrated if youre town here.
Tbh I felt worse about you than Ydrasse while rereading last night and this morning

The case on Ydrasse scum is that she mostly floated through the game, pushed a lot of town players, and tried to save HQ & had some reluctance to leave behind skitter/Firebringer. which has reasonable scum motivation but uh. feels like pretty bad play from potential Ydrasse scum?

Whereas you've been imo one of the most active and influential people in the game but it's felt like other people have been the ones dragging or nudging you onto scum wagons as opposed to the other way around (with the exception of Dunn). And reading back on the descriptions of the Pink PT described basically you+skitter+dwlee coming together which feels pretty bad in hindsight.
It's just so much posting and thoughts and words but I can't remember a time where you stood up and STRONGLY voiced a preference towards yeeting who you thought was scum. Part of that is because you didn't have to regardless of your alignment I think since GE and you acted together so much
but I just don't see a specific spot where you ever put yourself in a position you'd potentially look bad moving away from.

p.s. i see we're all online given the 10 posts made before i hit the submit button
bolded statement is untrue.

i perpetuated the T/S
Cakez/Ulya
narrative.
i allowed you the power to potentially decide my fate.

And nobody but
Dwlee
has influenced my reads via scum. I largely pushed
Dunn
for my own reasons and while
peta's
analysis helped me read
Saber
, I never quite soldified a solid townread on
Saber

Remember when I suggested
Galron/Saber
S/S when nobody entertained that? Look at this dialogue EoD.
In post 1691, Taly wrote:
In post 1688, Galron wrote:Why ask me about Saber in particular?
Only person I can see a potential S-S with you.

But I townread you both though.

Pedit

What Uly said.
In post 1697, Saber wrote:I'm stagehands with Taly, Taly, and Taly actually. I wasn't sure why Morning Tweet allowed a reverse-hydra in the game, but Taly assured her it'd be fine and he'd 'carry'.
In post 1699, Taly wrote:Mhm. Top tier scum team. Taly clones + Saber
In post 1705, Saber wrote:He's worried about Galron and I being stagehands I think. Aggressive defenses like this are actually pretty unlikely to come from S-S on day 1 though, in my opinion.
In post 1709, Taly wrote:Mmmmmm. Not pacified on that end but I keep coming back to this as the most informative flip, or at least a chair decision I want to see.

If you're town
Gamma
, I'm sorry and hope something good happens instead of bad.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

L1.
Do I also facetiously joke scumclaim with my partner after sussing them? Regardless, I just WIFOM'd myself when I otherwise thought nothing of it.

But was my thought of
Saber/Galron
S/S really too bizarre?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #6461 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 6455, Ydrasse wrote:

Hrrrmph, that weird then
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6462 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:07 am

Post by Ydrasse »

why is that weird??

her partner's in heaven so she's trying to push the *one thing that allows her as scum to escape*
- - - -
won
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6463 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:07 am

Post by Ydrasse »

because if we no saved, then scum picks who to save, boom, titus save
- - - -
won
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6464 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:09 am

Post by petapan »

so now i'm going to give a little soliloquy on why i am not scum

i will be up front here: i like playing scum, i feel i'm better at it than town. i have a proclivity for bussing. i would love to get that signature big scum win and win don corleone again

it is not this game. this game is not even close to that

i never, ever, ever in a million years pull some of the shit i have this game with a teammate

sometimes i have gotten pissed off at teammates but it was always for lack of effort on their part. saber was obviously trying and me making that callout when i did would have been absurd. (there's more stuff on like, how, philosophically i feel about when is the time to distance and stuff)

i would not, in any world, try to be so aggressive against my teammate that they tilt out of the game

i felt legitimately guilty about pushing saber out of the game and got deflated over it when it happened

when harley came in to the game and her posting was still legitimately scummy, my thoughts were to simply idly let her flip because she was either scum or forming reads on a very superficial basis

i basically felt interacting or arguing with her was a waste of time, i just kept pressing the line she was scummy because some people were starting to disagree

then she pulled out that absolutely
dirty, disgusting
appeal to emotions because gammagooey and i were calling her scum passively and not arguing with her

and regardless of what you think of my play this game, i think, regardless of your alignment, saying what she did is grotesquely unethical and compromises game integrity. this is basically why i washed my hands of the slot and barely interacted with it at all afterwards, because i was pissed off and didn't want to think about it. it severely impacted my ability to enjoy the game.

that she did it as scum both infuriates me and provides a measure of validation that i did not allow it to sway the game. you have to have a hard heart in mafia.

but to do that to a teammate, to have that level of interaction, would be absolutely sociopathic on my part. i do not play that way. it would require an absurd level of cruelty for me to do so, at a time when many people in the game were willing to keep them alive

this is the most cleared as town i should ever be in a game
free crypto
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6465 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Taly »

You do have a point against me
Ggy
, I've situationally scumsided this game off of read inaccuracy.

If you're town, your most productive answer is not to ask
"is
Taly
protecting his position?"
because the answer is no. I literally did not forcefeed people to UTR me Events 1/2 and even expressed exasperation at the thought. Sure, that could imply guilt - but at the expense of my capacity to solve?

I'll even quote for some food-for-thought.
In post 1887, Taly wrote:I don't know,
Infinity
, how do
you
feel about
Saber
?

Nah, but, my thoughts on
Saber
don't reach a confident conclusion. They are
net
town
, like my reads on
Gamma
you
, and
Galron

Essentially, I townread each of you as I look at you as a whole, but I either have or had tangible reasons to suspect each of your slots.

None of these suspicions alone are enough to entice me to act on them, because they fall under very biased territory for suspicion like for instance:

Ex.
I feel like I am hard-paranoia BoPing
Galron
here, he has fooled or defeated me TWICE when he's been scum. He also has a candid insight into my playstyle that I think many people overlook.
Ex.
I've warmed up to
Gamma
enough in the past couple pages that I feel like I've effectively mislimmed him and fortunately failed.
Ex.
I do not think I've faced you with this tone in a mafia game before
Infinity
, and I actually do think you have solid reads and a good vibing energy, but I haven't seen any bite.

Saber
sounds like what I would believe competent scum trying to pocket me looks like. She seems very confident in her read on me and works well with me more so than I'd say most of the playerlist. She's also good at countering my point on her and
Galron
EoD, but she feels tonally secure even with pressure applied. I don't have experience with them, so I feel like my head is spinning on it too much and that they're just strong town.

Honestly, without spoiling my other 3-6 townreads, I'd say that I feel very good about the prospect of you all being town. I just don't know how to best approach any slot in this gamestate. I feel like I've said too much already.

I'm mainly taking jabs and saying shit to get a read from other people, even with posts directed at one of you guys.
In post 1888, Taly wrote:Being UTR is a trajectory that I commonly fall into, especially in larger playerlists.

I find it increases my blindspot read radius, unfortunately.
In post 1889, Taly wrote:It's like you're twirling around and your head head is spinning and the crowd chants as you lose grip with the situation because you can't differentiate between whether
the player
townreads
Taly
or
the thread
townreads
Taly
In post 1890, Taly wrote:
Merchant's Daughter
and
Among Us
mafia (before I rep'd due to life circumstances) are really good examples of this.

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=85156
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=78670
But you may want to ask whether I'm an informed perspective or not.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6466 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@Ydrasse - I'm most interested in Cakez thoughts from Hell, also a very condensed version of Ulyana thoughts from Hell

Honestly wouldn't mind just ignoring the current event for like 2 days and everyone just going over who they think out of who's left is most likely scum and why

@Taly - I actually did see the Saber+Taly scumteam memeing on my re-read and that was one of the bigger things that stuck in my mind in your favor even though I think it's a silly thing to focus on
also saber joke-scumclaimed with you first, you just rolled with the punches
Taly wrote:i perpetuated the T/S Cakez/Ulya narrative.
i allowed you the power to potentially decide my fate.
I don't remember the Cakez/Ulya thing being noticeable to the majority of the game but maybe it was before I replaced in or just buried in an avalanche of other posting. I'll go look for it later today

woo woo deciding your fate is the same dumb WIFOM that someone argued Firebringer was town for (he's not pushing super hard to live he must be town wowwww)
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6467 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:14 am

Post by petapan »

there are some things that can suggest taly-town but in terms of the game it's kind of, wasn't pushed significantly by scum at any point unlike everyone else

idk

need to reread
free crypto
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6468 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Taly »

lmfao youre going to be a treat to play with
ggy
;)

havent felt this amped up for a potential elo or close-to-elo in awhile.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6469 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:15 am

Post by Taly »

In post 6467, petapan wrote:there are some things that can suggest taly-town but in terms of the game it's kind of, wasn't pushed significantly by scum at any point unlike everyone else

idk

need to reread
Unwnd
did say I was protected by scum.
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6470 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:17 am

Post by petapan »

now that we finally, finally have that flip it is worth backreading
free crypto
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6471 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Taly »

In post 6470, petapan wrote:now that we finally, finally have that flip it is worth backreading
agreeed
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6472 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Taly »

I'm so excited, I've never had a scumteam do such a collaborative effort to associative-tell my slot.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6473 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Taly »

In post 6464, petapan wrote:so now i'm going to give a little soliloquy on why i am not scum

i will be up front here: i like playing scum, i feel i'm better at it than town. i have a proclivity for bussing. i would love to get that signature big scum win and win don corleone again

it is not this game. this game is not even close to that

i never, ever, ever in a million years pull some of the shit i have this game with a teammate

sometimes i have gotten pissed off at teammates but it was always for lack of effort on their part. saber was obviously trying and me making that callout when i did would have been absurd. (there's more stuff on like, how, philosophically i feel about when is the time to distance and stuff)

i would not, in any world, try to be so aggressive against my teammate that they tilt out of the game

i felt legitimately guilty about pushing saber out of the game and got deflated over it when it happened

when harley came in to the game and her posting was still legitimately scummy, my thoughts were to simply idly let her flip because she was either scum or forming reads on a very superficial basis

i basically felt interacting or arguing with her was a waste of time, i just kept pressing the line she was scummy because some people were starting to disagree

then she pulled out that absolutely
dirty, disgusting
appeal to emotions because gammagooey and i were calling her scum passively and not arguing with her

and regardless of what you think of my play this game, i think, regardless of your alignment, saying what she did is grotesquely unethical and compromises game integrity. this is basically why i washed my hands of the slot and barely interacted with it at all afterwards, because i was pissed off and didn't want to think about it. it severely impacted my ability to enjoy the game.

that she did it as scum both infuriates me and provides a measure of validation that i did not allow it to sway the game. you have to have a hard heart in mafia.

but to do that to a teammate, to have that level of interaction, would be absolutely sociopathic on my part. i do not play that way. it would require an absurd level of cruelty for me to do so, at a time when many people in the game were willing to keep them alive

this is the most cleared as town i should ever be in a game
I see you
Peta
:/ I'm sorry.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6474 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Ydrasse »

cakez said the least

- from the start he said i was the person he wanted to save
- he wanted titus to die
- he thought the best case would be for all of us to die but we didn't have that option because of the mechanics; said everyone who was suspicious to the heaven-people were in hell for a reason and that it'd be best if we all died to find out if there were deepwolves at all
- thought titus and ulyana were scum because they were trying hard to find a way to survive through the phase (i don't think titus was trying hard to tbh, ulyana was). he thought suspicious scum had to do anything they could to live especially if 2/2 were in hell, but sus town dying wasn't as bad
- spent time interacting with ulyana asking who she thought was scum in the townblock, that he saw no reason not to discount u/titus as a team,
- said a no save was very scum motivated (titus), that it wasn't ever pro-town and the odds were at least 1 scum were in hell
- after titus's turn was skipped, turned a bit more on ulyana saying that ulyana was forced to argue for own survival
- called ulyana combative and me very towny after ulyana and i had like an hour long back and forth where we both ended up super upset
- gave his thoughts on the heaven people after i asked (thought it was gooey/peta as scum if scum in heaven)

and then he sacrificed for me

ulyana's thoughts are a lot More and a lot more winding hard to summarize but i will try
- - - -
won