Anything uPick (Endgame)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6000 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Good Luck Buddy »

In post 745, Good Luck Buddy wrote:Can we all just talk about how obvi town sakura is.
How Taly is a jealous bully
and how toog is threatening me

I think these are the important events
In post 750, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 747, Sakura Hana wrote:?
Since when am i Obvtown.
since i decided my new primary objective was to pocket u
In post 752, Good Luck Buddy wrote:i have liked ur response to me saying ur obvi town if it makes u feel any better
sakura here is where i "reaction tested u" called u obvtown before u really did much, then said i was gonna pocket u. Then liked ur response. And u have been town ever since :)
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6001 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 5979, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 5975, Taly wrote:
In post 5954, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 5951, Taly wrote:
Fire
who should I add to the townbloc?

Better question, is this a solid townbloc?

Taly/CW/GLB/Titus/Clem
i have no issues with this.
i would add sakura and jjh as well
The only thing I want to townbin
Sakura
for is to see the resolution of her claim and not based off her play thus far, so I'm wondering what people see there.

And as for
Jjh
? The logic-mindmeld is very strong and their responses to me have been on-point and that somehow is what makes me fearful.

When I read
jjh
, I feel like I understand why most people are paranoid upon townreading me because there is a sense of competence that overshadows a concrete motive.

Like, how is he so candid with townlocking majority of the playerlist - it can't just be because he wants to race to solve the game first? How does he have the best answer to
Gypy'x
IC claim but 180'd from pushing them while he somewhat spiraled with a carousel hypothesis for mech? Why doesn't he second-think the fact that our scumreads are largely consensus - or does he see value in rethinking?

He just seems confident and I don't know if it's powertown or informed and I really, really want to figure out sooner than later.
Throw GLB and CW out.
I have read some more and my scumreads are currently (GLB, Gypyx, CW)
My only townread is Datisi.
Why do you scumread us?
Succulent hydra of CheekyTeeky and Nancy Drew 39
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6002 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 5980, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 5975, Taly wrote:The only thing I want to townbin Sakura for is to see the resolution of her claim and not based off her play thus far, so I'm wondering what people see there.

And as for Jjh? The logic-mindmeld is very strong and their responses to me have been on-point and that somehow is what makes me fearful.

When I read jjh, I feel like I understand why most people are paranoid upon townreading me because there is a sense of competence that overshadows a concrete motive.

Like, how is he so candid with townlocking majority of the playerlist - it can't just be because he wants to race to solve the game first? How does he have the best answer to Gypy'x IC claim but 180'd from pushing them while he somewhat spiraled with a carousel hypothesis for mech? Why doesn't he second-think the fact that our scumreads are largely consensus - or does he see value in rethinking?
don't tell this to sakura but i forgot why i townread her. i think i reaction tested her early day 1 and just really liked her response.

as far as jjh, if he is mind-melding he is doing so for me before i even get words on page. So good job on his end. I mean if ur paranoid of his townblocking manner and mindmelding did u check his scum game out? i can't say i looked into his scum game but i feel he would treat me alot differently here if scum. Like i don't think he would be eager to townblock me or even push same reads as me
I agree with this, jjh sounds nothing here like he did in Happy Face.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6003 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 5990, Taly wrote:How do I describe my
Nancy
read?

Nancy
-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter (everybody else)

Nancy
-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect (everybody else again)

I feel like the latter when I read her posts.
I not only like this but it’s making me crave some garlic toast. I actually don’t really understand the hot knife butter analogy but I’d say the magnifying glass one is pretty apt.
T3
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6004 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 5995, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 5966, Good Luck Buddy wrote:nothing and thats problem. T3 is pretty active in responding/solving even if he has bad takes. This game he feels like he is going for purposeful or maybe he can't keep up.
Ydrasse targeted gypyx but T3 and Clemency got frozen instead. I think that points to T3 being likely town, besides this looks like their town meta to me here.
I'm suspect I would also be low energy as scum here, but yeah.
Large Normal 241 is currently in play. PM me if you want to spectate or replace in!

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/37202 is in signups.
T3
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6005 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 5953, Good Luck Buddy wrote:GMO vs Nancy wasn't interesting and even GMO vs Taly the prequel to that was only a little bit more interesting.
I could see T3 being another scumbutt here.

So i got possible scum of: T3, Victorine, Gamma
why are all the scum either least motivated people or just not playing
In post 5969, Good Luck Buddy wrote:I guess i would argue all three of:
T3/Gamma/Victorine have lost scum syndrome in one way or another
I usually don't get lost as scum
when I get accused of this I'm almost always town
Large Normal 241 is currently in play. PM me if you want to spectate or replace in!

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/37202 is in signups.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6006 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 5992, Not Known 15 wrote:The red flag on CW was the datisi read progression, that's a really bad flag.
There are multiple red flags on GLB: Their double explanation of the Ircher vote change, and their defense tied to Gypyx.
Gypyx has a really scummy role claim that screams "I need to survive" and lied during explanations.
Gypyx is tied to GLB as well.

Datisi on the other hand... this play doesn't look to me like it comes from scum. It is the one really not only pushing sensibly but also just feels like town to me, but I can't really explain that. I rarely have townreads but they have been accurate so far(when I was town, of course!).
What is scummy about my Datisi read progression? What did GLB lie about? How are they tied to gypyx? Also how much of the game have you even read? I haven’t talked about Dats for eons but the one thing we actually do agree on is your Dats’ read.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6007 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 5998, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 5997, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 5973, Good Luck Buddy wrote:i could be wrong about my mod meta on rc games but if i remember right he doesn't like putting in post restrictions because they are annoying. so unless u explicitly asked for one (who does that), i have no idea why he would include one for u to do this robot speak
No, he did that both in the other uPick I was in and he also did that in Labrynth and Undertale as well. RC loves this shit, so I don’t know why you’d think it’s fake?

The only obviously fake post restriction is Victorine’s.
i know he has done post restrictions. and i could be misremembering our conversations of them and inserting my own opinion into his. But thats besides point. it really doesn't matter if its fake or not to me. It only matters if SS is using as a shield to hide.
I don’t think he is though based on some post he had RC edit because he used a comma or something, so I doubt RC would have edited his post if that post restriction was fake.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6008 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 4085, Something_Smart wrote:And I Did Miss Taly's Reason To Townread Ratmans But It Seems Pretty Silly To Me

Obviously Ratmans Was Not Caught Up With The Game Why Would They Not Believe Taly Was A Wagon As Traitor
In post 4086, Something_Smart wrote:Crap I Used A Comma

That Comma Was A Glitch Okay Just Pretend You Didn't See It
Check . For some reason the edit only shows up in the original post.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6009 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 6003, Cheeky Wings wrote:
Nancy
read?

Nancy

Nancy
-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect (everybody else again)

I not only like this but it’s making me crave some garlic toast. I actually don’t really understand the hot knife butter analogy but I’d say the magnifying glass one is pretty apt.
Your content as scum is similar to your town game, but I register several stark behavioral differences. It's a personality read.

You conflate perspectives you disagree with more as scum. You're also quicker to make assumptions off limited information, possibly because you
have
information. I'd even say you're likelier to be more emotional in the game as scum than as town, likely because you feel more responsible for the state of the game than ever as scum trying to survive.

When I say you're a hot knife slicing through butter, I mean you're sharp. But I don't mean that as in cleverness or precise - that's more your town game, I mean that as in abrupt and piercing. You can TMI not through a correct read of the player, but an understanding of the game that is already clear to you no matter how fuzzy it is to the rest of the plist.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
Survivor
Sakura Hana
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6010 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 6000, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 745, Good Luck Buddy wrote:Can we all just talk about how obvi town sakura is.
How Taly is a jealous bully
and how toog is threatening me

I think these are the important events
In post 750, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 747, Sakura Hana wrote:?
Since when am i Obvtown.
since i decided my new primary objective was to pocket u
In post 752, Good Luck Buddy wrote:i have liked ur response to me saying ur obvi town if it makes u feel any better
sakura here is where i "reaction tested u" called u obvtown before u really did much, then said i was gonna pocket u. Then liked ur response. And u have been town ever since :)
How was that a reaction test to help you figure out my aligment??
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
Survivor
Sakura Hana
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6011 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 6008, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 4085, Something_Smart wrote:And I Did Miss Taly's Reason To Townread Ratmans But It Seems Pretty Silly To Me

Obviously Ratmans Was Not Caught Up With The Game Why Would They Not Believe Taly Was A Wagon As Traitor

I didnt think he was lying, but this is a very good point.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6012 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6007, Cheeky Wings wrote:I doubt RC would have edited his post if that post restriction was fake.
He Literally Did That In Undertale So Yes He Would Have
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
From either perspective of &
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6013 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Good Luck Buddy »

In post 751, Sakura Hana wrote:I thought you were just memeing but now im not sure if you really TR me or not.
But I do think i havent done anything to be "obvtown" read...
yet
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6014 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 6009, Taly wrote:
In post 6003, Cheeky Wings wrote:
Nancy
read?

Nancy

Nancy

Your content as scum is similar to your town game, but I register several stark behavioral differences. It's a personality read.

You conflate perspectives you disagree with more as scum. You're also quicker to make assumptions off limited information, possibly because you
have
information. I'd even say you're likelier to be more emotional in the game as scum than as town, likely because you feel more responsible for the state of the game than ever as scum trying to survive.

When I say you're a hot knife slicing through butter, I mean you're sharp. But I don't mean that as in cleverness or precise - that's more your town game, I mean that as in abrupt and piercing. You can TMI not through a correct read of the player, but an understanding of the game that is already clear to you no matter how fuzzy it is to the rest of the plist.
I’d say I pretty much agree with everything but the emotion part. Am I more stressed as scum? Absolutely but the game that stressed me out the most was me v Titus (where I was town stump) because I felt it would be on my head if we lost that game, so that much is true. However, I have had meltdowns as both alignments. Being emotional or unemotional is pretty much nia for me. My emotional outbursts are less game related than to either something I’m dealing with oog/rl or if something happening in a game triggers my CPTSD. Boon’s To Be or Not to Be would be the best example I can think of wrt to that. I had pretty much a complete meltdown in that game and I was town in that. I went on for multiple pages about that as well.
Galron
Galron
Mafia Scum
Galron
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6015 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 5992, Not Known 15 wrote:The red flag on CW was the datisi read progression, that's a really bad flag.
There are multiple red flags on GLB: Their double explanation of the Ircher vote change, and their defense tied to Gypyx.
Gypyx has a really scummy role claim that screams "I need to survive" and lied during explanations.
Gypyx is tied to GLB as well.

Datisi on the other hand... this play doesn't look to me like it comes from scum. It is the one really not only pushing sensibly but also just feels like town to me, but I can't really explain that. I rarely have townreads but they have been accurate so far(when I was town, of course!).
wrt both of these, does that take into account both are hydras?
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6016 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 6012, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6007, Cheeky Wings wrote:I doubt RC would have edited his post if that post restriction was fake.
He Literally Did That In Undertale So Yes He Would Have
Oh did he? I don’t remember? Only post restriction in that game was Nom/the worst right? They were required to post in comic sans or something.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6017 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:49 pm

That One Was Fake

Nsg Had A Real One After She Shot
Galron
Galron
Mafia Scum
Galron
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6018 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by Galron »

I made note of that too, but ended up deciding S_S just had a flake moment where he thought he used a comma but actually didn't; and the reason for that is we can't edit our posts.
Galron
Galron
Mafia Scum
Galron
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6019 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 6018, Galron wrote:

I made note of that too, but ended up deciding S_S just had a flake moment where he thought he used a comma but actually didn't; and the reason for that is we can't edit our posts.
And that could be a townslip by S_S if using commas is part of a post restriction, or it could be scum!S_S trying to reinforce the belief that there is a post-restriction.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6020 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:53 pm

I Did Use A Comma And RC Edited It Out

It Is Part Of The Post Restriction Obviously

I Don't Get Why It Would Be A Town Slip Anyway I Could Still Be Post Restricted As Scum
Galron
Galron
Mafia Scum
Galron
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6021 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Galron »

What's the penalty for breaking the post restriction?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6022 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:01 pm

I Don't See The Advantage To Sharing That

It's Not A Modkill Or Anything
Galron
Galron
Mafia Scum
Galron
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6023 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Galron »

That's fair.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #6024 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5948, Good Luck Buddy wrote:
In post 5866, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 5812, Good Luck Buddy wrote:im starting to get vibe gamma is scum.
like theres this feeling he tests the waters for pushes he is going to do or wants to do that i get from his kind of fence sittingish posts. At least today, i can't remember if he was givin hot takes yesterday. Today feels alot like workshoping in thread of what his opinions should align with.

also ive been busy with work whats going on people. anyone excited for turkey day?
I’m also super-fucking out of it dude
when u gonna be in it
Maybe never
I’m trying to focus on school for the next like 2.5 weeks (until December 12th, I’m basically on
standby
)
So if I live to like D5 I’ll attempt to effort then because that’s where I estimate the game will be by then.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!