Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 324, Lukewarm wrote:because on the flip side, I have been eliminated in all 4 of my scum games
Actually, I was eliminated in 3 and then vig shot in the 4th
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Tanner »

re : keep is still my favourite minigame, as it is the easiest to win, sure. but i think there's more value in me being assigned to where it would benefit town the most rather than me being assigned to the game i want to play the most. and yes, i am fully aware my plan for keep would've won it for my alignment. i have a feeling you're implying that somehow makes me scummy, which, uh.

and it's funny how you don't mention at all how i was uninterested in the keep when ari kept repeating she wanted to vote me there. but whatever fits the narrative, yeah? and i thought it was pretty obvious how my "reinterest" in the keep was not serious, so you missing that and taking it seriously is also shady. but if others also tell me they thought it was serious, i'll concede it was a joke that didn't land and not hold it against you.
your eyes on the city.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

And the original question was "should I be town reading you?" And the answer is - probably? but I dont really know why.

I just kinda show up and try my best and generally get town read, and I am here and trying my best, so... probably?

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Prism
Prism
Jack of All Trades
Prism
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Prism »

Guardian Assignment Tracker 1.4

LocationGuardians
Gate
(0)
Keep
(2)
Lukewarm (28), Aristeia (36)
Wall
(0)
Unassigned
(7)
numberQ, Tanner, DArby, imaginality, Toogeloo, VP Baltar, implosion

7 Guardians remain unassigned. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-12-23 10:50:00).
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Toogeloo »

The reason I was keeping my reads close is because I suspect scum would either be trying to buddy a player they anticipate being with early, or paint that person as scum if they know they are playing with them.

I don't know the right way to play this game during setup, but I wanted to avoid being made a pawn by someone else.

At this point, I'm just checking the thread regularly to see if progress is being made towards teams. I'm getting kind of bored with the setup, and mostly just looking to play some elo. I didn't give much thought to how much wim people would have during setup lol.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 323, Tanner wrote:i went hiking up a hill, and at 4:40 i took a picture of the lavender sky for aristeia, but there were no clouds there today.

ari, do you think i'm unfairly tunnelled on imaginality right now?
I'm sorry it's hard to think straight when I am so happy you took a hike up a hill for me <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 329, Toogeloo wrote:I'm getting kind of bored with the setup, and mostly just looking to play some elo.
This mother fucker lol
YOUR AD HERE
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 329, Toogeloo wrote:The reason I was keeping my reads close is because I suspect scum would either be trying to buddy a player they anticipate being with early, or paint that person as scum if they know they are playing with them.

I don't know the right way to play this game during setup, but I wanted to avoid being made a pawn by someone else.

At this point, I'm just checking the thread regularly to see if progress is being made towards teams. I'm getting kind of bored with the setup, and mostly just looking to play some elo. I didn't give much thought to how much wim people would have during setup lol.
this is kind of true

we really don't need to tell scum everything about our reads atp
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 331, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 329, Toogeloo wrote:I'm getting kind of bored with the setup, and mostly just looking to play some elo.
This mother fucker lol
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Tanner »

"just looking to play some yelo" is a cursed sentence.

but also, if everyone were to play that way, that would make this day completely pointless... it's like trying to escape wifom by having zero information out. why.
your eyes on the city.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:37 am

Post by numberQ »

Tanner's a stronger TR for me than Luke. I disagree with this point:
In post 322, Lukewarm wrote:[snip]

I have been kinda watching you ever since post . You suddenly deciding that you " i
already
don't want to go to the keep"

I was surprised that you were suddenly so turned off of the keep, I expected that you be your top choice even without your plan. And your plan, frankly, wins the keep for you whether you are town or scum. My worry has been that you had a plan to win the keep as scum, but if that plan did not work, you were going to transition to angling for the wall.

So, you being uninterested in the keep when I was saying that I could vote for Ari, and still uninterested with Ari said that they could vote for me - but suddenly reinterested if we both commit to voting the third slot is giving me the heebie-jeebies

[snip]
To me, the evolution of Tanner's thought process here only looks unnatural when it's cherry picked like this.
Hey!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

uh... the thing that peaked my interests was that you didn't go to "being assigned to where it would benefit town" you went to "i already don't want to go to the keep." And that is what surprised me. Not wanting to go to the Keep without your plan. And, I kinda try to read slots in a "what I would do/think if I were scum" and if I were scum, I would not want to go to the keep because I would not want to be in the hardest game to win, unless I had a plan, so heebie-jeebies.

And, why the hell would I have mentioned it before, if I am actively watching to see if you keep moving in the direction that I think you might be? That totally defeats the purpose

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 335, numberQ wrote:Tanner's a stronger TR for me than Luke. I disagree with this point:
In post 322, Lukewarm wrote:[snip]

I have been kinda watching you ever since post . You suddenly deciding that you " i
already
don't want to go to the keep"

I was surprised that you were suddenly so turned off of the keep, I expected that you be your top choice even without your plan. And your plan, frankly, wins the keep for you whether you are town or scum. My worry has been that you had a plan to win the keep as scum, but if that plan did not work, you were going to transition to angling for the wall.

So, you being uninterested in the keep when I was saying that I could vote for Ari, and still uninterested with Ari said that they could vote for me - but suddenly reinterested if we both commit to voting the third slot is giving me the heebie-jeebies

[snip]
To me, the evolution of Tanner's thought process here only looks unnatural when it's cherry picked like this.
I feel like you (and possibly tanner, not sure) are taking this as "why I think tanner is definitly scum here" when it is much more "why I am not comfortable planning to vote him atm"

To be frank, if it were me + ari + tanner, I would either try to get myself voted or just vote for Ari > Tanner. So, if people want imaginality's plan, then tanner should not be the choice for it.

numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:42 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 329, Toogeloo wrote:The reason I was keeping my reads close is because I suspect scum would either be trying to buddy a player they anticipate being with early, or paint that person as scum if they know they are playing with them.

[snip]
Can you elaborate on this? I don't know if it's just my reading comprehension but I think you just said "in this situation, scum would either do this thing, or this other diametrically opposed thing", and I don't get how that's useful.

---

pedit: Maybe you already answered this, my bad if so. But who would you be comfortable voting in that 3rd slot?
Hey!
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 336, Lukewarm wrote:uh... the thing that peaked my interests was that you didn't go to "being assigned to where it would benefit town" you went to "i already don't want to go to the keep." And that is what surprised me. Not wanting to go to the Keep without your plan. And, I kinda try to read slots in a "what I would do/think if I were scum" and if I were scum, I would not want to go to the keep because I would not want to be in the hardest game to win, unless I had a plan, so heebie-jeebies.

And, why the hell would I have mentioned it before, if I am actively watching to see if you keep moving in the direction that I think you might be? That totally defeats the purpose
my preferred plan was ruined. what gives you the idea that i should keep jumping at going to the keep when the main reason that i wanted to go there is now unachievable?

like, if we end up deciding that my place would best be served at the keep, i will go there. but i no longer have a preference for executing my plan because it's no longer possible to execute.

you should've mentioned it because it defeats your whole point of "tanner is opportunistically trying to join the keep"? the latter part of your post makes it seems like you were trying to honestly evaluate my slot, but the fact that you failed to mention something so important is not giving any vibes of honesty at all.
your eyes on the city.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:46 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 338, numberQ wrote:Maybe you already answered this, my bad if so. But who would you be comfortable voting in that 3rd slot?
Implo is probably my top choice atm

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 339, Tanner wrote:my preferred plan was ruined. what gives you the idea that i should keep jumping at going to the keep when the main reason that i wanted to go there is now unachievable?
That is not what I was saying.
you should've mentioned it because it defeats your whole point of "tanner is opportunistically trying to join the keep"? the latter part of your post makes it seems like you were trying to honestly evaluate my slot, but the fact that you failed to mention something so important is not giving any vibes of honesty at all.
This is wild though. Like I don't think you are even thinking about what I said I was doing. My read on you was you as null-ish, with a worry that I was tracking to see if it played out a certain way.

Why would I announce to you that I was null reading you, and then also tell you the metric of what I was tracking you on, basically telling you what to avoid doing if you really were scum. Someone that I am trying some what to learn from on how to solve games refers to it as being in a "information gathering stage"

But, I dropped that specifically because I was being asked if I was currently comfortable with planning to vote for you in the Keep. So, at that moment I decided that it was better to lay it all out there, and explain why I was not comfortable doing that.

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Tanner »

what?

dude, you quite literally told me the metric you're tracking me on. you quite literally pointed out the exact thing that you didn't like about me:
In post 322, Lukewarm wrote:So, you being uninterested in the keep when I was saying that I could vote for Ari, and still uninterested with Ari said that they could vote for me - but suddenly reinterested if we both commit to voting the third slot is giving me the heebie-jeebies
and i'm saying that the above is dishonest nonsense because it completely fails to account for the fact that i have been told by aristeia to assign myself at the keep
multiple times
because she wants to vote me, and i kept refusing.
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Tanner »

why would you do that? i don't know. but you did that. and you weren't even correct in doing that. so...?
your eyes on the city.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Aristeia »

maybe you are refusing because you would feel guilty about tricking me?

I think that would only make me love you more ~.~
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 336, Lukewarm wrote:uh... the thing that peaked my interests was that you didn't go to "being assigned to where it would benefit town" you went to "i already don't want to go to the keep." And that is what surprised me.
okay, sure. when y'all ruined my plan for the keep, i said that i don't want to go there anymore, because i had no reason to prefer keep over other places (other than for the fact keep is the easiest, but hey i'm not that selfish). then i spent a decent amount of time trying to figure out the best assignment from the slots left, and then i said that i'll go wherever it's the most pro-town place for me to go. what part of that is so surprising?
your eyes on the city.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Aristeia »