CONTROL - GAME OVER!

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by The Three Bears »

also before i get cancelled for saying i checked my role pm, let's all remember squid game for a brief moment. alright, continue. i need to do sat prep bye
a beary good hydra \o/
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

im gonna do curses rippin shit apart for it cause it dont wanna ruin the good vibes

but also i realized too late gonna need to backtrack further than expected WHOOPS

also anyone who has hit brakes on irch wagon while also openly scumreading it ur fuckin scum goodbye LOL thsi tbh ate a lot of townreads according to curse, we shall see i guess lol
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

7 was a joke
aka Fenrir
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:59 pm

Post by Grendel »

Hi ho hi ho, im drunk and reading the game as i go... best as i can

-/-/-/-/-

something i was thinking earlier, Norwee and Rodan are ego players ain't they?

ego meaning they form their reads based not just off the game state, but also how other players read them. Also display a general self awareness that goes beyond what normal players do.

not a pejorative, their are a lot of good players who do this. Its more a matter of facing some level of BoP and having to deal w/ that shit while also trying to play like normal
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:02 pm

Post by Grendel »

I make those thoughts b/c rodan defends themselves hard af, and norwee is posting like a bitter old man who doesn't really want to be here lmao
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:08 pm

Post by Grendel »

*Rodan*
if you havent yet, what are your explanations behind your top 3 SRs

Talk to me about that
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

Page 31

I dont really have a reason to SR T3 but I'm interested why they keep popping up in ppls scrum reads. whats the scoop on that?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:21 pm

Post by Grendel »

Also what T3's prefered alignment? asking for a friend ;)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 788, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I will give T3 one thing.
I think he’s tried to pocket me in every single game where he is scum, and not doing that here.
I mean talk like this kinda helps build the case that Norwee is an ego player haha

Which means he's less scumy b/c my "Im worried about my position" tell is moot, but its still useful long term. Ei i wont be pushing on a bad read in this case
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 815, Tet wrote:
In post 812, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Part of the problem here is also that a lot of slots i’d want to get a better read on, such as Ttog, Princess Delonie, Dwlee, etc etc are lowposting or not here.
Well I don't know about any of those slots but I will give you a free read in Malakitty is town.

Super angleshoot.
whats the thoughts on the malacat read?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by tictac »

In post 565, tictac wrote:
In post 561, Save The Dragons wrote:greeting just seems so townie it looks like you're scum who can't see that and are doubling down on a bad read
disagree about greeting
VOTE: greeting
in fact

theres a kind of annoyance at the resistance to mush push that feels scum-indic and the curiosity that accompinies is kinda performative and weird-agressive.
prolly the best example of this.
In post 870, tictac wrote:greet: i don't hate the T3 vote
ceph vs roden: revisionist history just people being people, but standand fare 4 what folks think are "smoking guns" on day 1.
irceher: dunno. did ping early on, but could be playstyle and now gone quiet.
std: looks town -> is scum. sad bell went back on this. i don't think town std is this opinionated. lean read cause the reason is a bit silly.
greet read has remained constant, but std has surpassed the scumminess.

i don't buy that std believes the populist crap he's pushing. he is the kind of player who does not make reads easily because "is this AI" is a consideration. all i'm reading from him is "is this a thing i can push and people will agree". like looking 4 logical inconsisteency. many folks i'd buy this approach as honest, from std, no.
VOTE: STD
#hereisurthunder.

add galron to my scumlist also 4 the line of questioning that starts w . like what else is emotion-read based off on than tone ever? predestined ending to the line and it went nowheree. classic fake curiosity.

too much consensus on irch
too much consensus on arcane

intersection on scumreads and realistic yeets is not great here
the line cannot hold, heavy elements are needed
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:31 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 851, Arcade Pals wrote:I honestly regret not just naked voting Roden for reaction.

Mush/STD/DW/Tat feel fine.
Over all participation has been nothing like what i expected (at least one half) of this hydra to contribute lol
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:32 pm

Post by Grendel »

Tic tac is your early claim true or a meme?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 903, Save The Dragons wrote:galron town game is ez
why gal town?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:38 pm

Post by tictac »

In post 1662, Grendel wrote:Tic tac is your early claim true or a meme?
true
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 932, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Noraa, I really don't want to engage you here. You're a tiresome player when you latch onto things, and that can be a good trait, but there's a reason I put Shrike in charge. If I could leave it in charge, I would. I don't want to deal with mafia right now. But then again, I don't want to deal with whatever complex Shrike gave Greeting, either, and I don't get to put that one off now that I committed to it...

Some days it feels like I just don't get to have nice things. Ugh. I'm only going to do this once.

Bell is obvtown. Not that I know him incredibly well or anything, but this just feels like honest, unconsidered play in ways most of the playerlist lacks.
Norw is engaging the players outside of who is coming to him first, and actually has something like a progression. This is probably the only town read that we have that's based in logic at all, and it's our weakest of this batch.
STD is just, so fucking town. I'm all-but-literally seeing this dude's brain work in my head. Shrike is too. This is town because if it isn't we're all tapped into the same primordial information well somehow, and STD doesn't strike me as the esoteric eldritch Discordian type.
LLD is everything I just said about STD combined with a history in and out of game of our brains functioning in bizarrely close patterns. I trust that I can read LLD more accurately than I can any other player in this game, which means if I have a read at all, I have to just accept whatever my head tells me about LLD. Right now, that's "all town, all the time".

Got it? Good. I've got cases to build and a deep-clean and organization pass to complete in my room. Leave the pointless shading for Shrike to deal with, I don't want any.
idk based on this page just looks like Norwee is just caplizizing off low activity

based on you reaction to previous binary readlist you really disliked my Norwee read, why is that?

somebody who knows Norwee and town reads him talk to me please lmao
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1664, tictac wrote:
In post 1662, Grendel wrote:Tic tac is your early claim true or a meme?
true
thanks thanks
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 955, Toogeloo wrote:Like to me...

No one should ever take a day vig 24 hours into the game seriously unless it's Bad Idea Mafia, and I certainly wouldn't expect that from Noraa.

I usually expect LLD to play like she's going to die Night 1. I'm used to her gambits, and the fake day vig is easily something she's do for reactions, but she went no where with it and is now slinking in the shadows of gameplay.

The whole thing seems weird to me.
this might be meta gaming, but i really really don't think that sir cakes would play into a S/S gambit in the thread

if nothing else you at least have to think that one of the two is town
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 pm

Post by Grendel »

Spoiler:
In post 1004, Ircher wrote:
In post 655, Greeting wrote:And I would like to provide mrs. logic with some emotional support with regard to your reasoning of me being unaligned with Lady Lambdadelta because she has been utterly violated. You have provided a thesis that both of us are unaligned and now you're backtracking from it and claiming that it's not what you meant. That's.. bad, but I'm not yet sure if it's scum indicative.
I'm not sure how I feel about Greeting basically piggybacking off of Cephrir's earlier argumebt. On one hand, it is a reasonable take and factual. On the other hand, it feels kind of busywork-ish to repeat it now when it is very much done and over with.
In post 683, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mastina just has that town Mastina entrance, and i’d very much like people to explain why they think Mastina is being scummy here. Because they sound fucking DRUNK.
I don't think she is, but I don't think it's an unreasonable take because her playstyle at the start is just begging for people to scum read her as she pulls out reads from thin air.
In post 773, Save The Dragons wrote:roden's using ate "woe is me" and needling using words like "inane" to try and attack the points against him without actually refuting those points. it makes it look like they weren't legit points to begin with. instead of answering, he doubles down on this narrative.

how are people like "well i guess that could come from town"
Because townies have done this in the past. Have you ever played with Robbnva/Jake From State Farm before? He used to do this kind of stuff all the time regardless of alignment. To be clear here, I think it does come out as slightly +scum equity, but it is very marginal as townies are equally keen to double down when they are wrong.
In post 903, Save The Dragons wrote:galron town game is ez
I really don't get how you and others are coming to this conclusion so early. All I have seen from Galron is , , and a bunch of other one liners that say very little. Let me clear here: I'm not actively scum reading Galron, but I see nothing that really rings out as town either.
In post 951, Toogeloo wrote:Anyone else weirded out that LLD did an obvious fake vig on Noraa, Noraa took it to heart, and then LLD takes a break while Three Bears gets freebie town reads?
No because it is the weekend. A lot of people post less on the weekends (albeit I don't know if that is true for Lady Lambdadelta specifically.)
In post 964, The Three Bears wrote:NAH not how it works
With this level of reasoning (as displayed here and elsewhere), I'm not putting much stock in Noraa's reads.
---
I will try to give a reads list tomorrow or Tuesday.

Comparing Rodan with robbiva is super uncharitable. Robbiva managed to shut down entire games from angry yelling and threatening to compromise game states.

Rodans just being defensive, if he's town he'll get over it... well i hope so anyways
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:50 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1012, mastina wrote:
In post 673, T3 wrote:mastina does a lot of hocus pocus to get her reads
I mean, generally speaking, yes--I have a method to make something out of what many see as nothing. I have a whole process involved in generating reads from the RVS. It's basically something I've got down to a science. So yes, I do have a way of pulling rabbits out of my hat when it comes to the RVS.

...But while that might be true
in general
, when it comes to
this
game?

You don't need to be me in order to get reads from the first two pages.

This is, genuinely, the biggest, most telling, first two pages I've ever seen in any game ever on mafiascum.net. I've never seen a game where the reads were more obvious more quickly. We basically had the shortest RVS possible in a large theme because by the end of page two, reads on basically everyone became ridiculously easy.
Well I'm town so I'm skeptical of at least one of your prospective scum team :P
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:53 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1023, Andante wrote:why are we voting meg out before a replacement? not saying I'm opposed, but I just don't get why
is this opportunism? :o ;.;

I'm crushed after your attempt to get positive soul read from me upon my entry
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:56 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1035, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mega kept reiterating they couldn't catch up to the game due to it's length, they kept excusing themselves by that. But they were clearly reading posts as evidenced by their immediate response to me calling them out for coasting.
So why couldn't they make at least a little bit of worthwhile contributions to the recent postings at least? Or share at least a single read? I think they were just scared, they felt lost in the big scary town and couldn't keep up with the knowledge that they are a dirty dirty scum and any mistake in their posts would get them speedlimmed.
oh ok lmao

you're just scum capitalizing off a weak town player who couldn't keep up with this site large player game madness

VOTE: Norwegianboyee
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1201, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1180, Grendel wrote:Role got! Evening everybody. Ill try to get fully caught up tonight, if not ill finish up tomorrow.

Looking at the roster I recognize several names but the only ones I've completed games with are 2/3ds of the hydra (Titus and flea). I think i played galreon once a year or two ago, and Icher I played a game with a LONG time ago. Also recall MariaR too i believe. If I'm missing anybody feel free to jog my memory.

Never played Mastina, or Lady Lambdadelta, but their names precede them for sure. Curious to see if they live up to the hype!

To the total strangers... hi! Im Grendel, and its nice to meet you.

-/-/-/-/-

UNVOTE:
Still feeling sick so this is me just checking in for now, but my name precedes me? Tell me more!
I played your husband once and i think he name dropped you. Also recall you from the GOAT thread where folks said your win rate was stupid good
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

My favorite player of all time is hoopla tho, no offense :P
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:09 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1211, Bell wrote:Grendal
y u just mispell my name for nothin' smh

but hi i guess

would you like to volunteer your services to by my D1 study buddy?

Requirments is that you has an EST time zone and be available to talk about this game whenever i need u. Also ideally you'll have randed town this game. If not you'll have to confess your scumness and then we can talk. :)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.