ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:26 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 97, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Progo what’s ur thoughts on game so far.
The majority of it was just RVS, and the part that wasn't was caused by me, so I don't have much to say.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 99, KittyTacky wrote: Read Progo's post again. How does "I pretend to respond to Daniel's strategy soon" make any sense, especially since Progo doesn't seem like a caveman? I think missing a "will" is pretty unlikely. And what would pretending to respond to someone even entail? It's clear to me that it's a typo.
Yeah that’s what i tried to say but i suppose you put it a bit more "eloquently" :P
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:30 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

When I made the same mistake last game, only one person made a big deal out of it, and she was town. So I'm not read to suspect Frogsterking and ofmercia just yet.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:35 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 99, KittyTacky wrote:I'll hold out on voting for now but Frogsterking and ofmercia are both sus to me and ofmercia's push, in particular, seems a bit like a scum jumping onto a possible early wagon.

Read Progo's post again. How does "I pretend to respond to Daniel's strategy soon" make any sense, especially since Progo doesn't seem like a caveman? I think missing a "will" is pretty unlikely. And what would pretending to respond to someone even entail? It's clear to me that it's a typo.
Are you saying what I pointed out doesn't make sense? I don't think I can be any clearer though, even repeating it to be clearer. Did you read it what I posted?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:39 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 89, ProgoWoshua wrote:This is far from being the only false cognate between Portuguese and English, but it's the only one I have a problem with. For some reason, main brain has fixated on it and I'll misuse it if I'm not careful.

Yes, it is annoying.

This is the third time I've made this mistake in this site alone,
and this is only my second game!
In post 88, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 73, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What on earth is an conciousness of guilt slip and why would that ever happen.
Portuguese word for "Intends" = "Pretende".
This is a great explanation UNVOTE: ProgoWoshua
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Something can make sense and still be very unlikely.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:40 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

ofmercia and Progo don’t feel partnered from those very different reactions this page.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:41 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ofmercia and Frog*
Not progo
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:46 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 102, ProgoWoshua wrote:When I made the same mistake last game, only one person made a big deal out of it, and she was town. So I'm not read to suspect Frogsterking and ofmercia just yet.
This is pretty townie, I think if ProgoWoshua were scum they have the choice of leaving this post out and pushing ofmercia or I later.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’d like to hear more from Autodefenestrator and Dunnstral. They are the biggest black holes in my reads right now.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:04 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 103, ofmercia wrote:
In post 99, KittyTacky wrote:I'll hold out on voting for now but Frogsterking and ofmercia are both sus to me and ofmercia's push, in particular, seems a bit like a scum jumping onto a possible early wagon.

Read Progo's post again. How does "I pretend to respond to Daniel's strategy soon" make any sense, especially since Progo doesn't seem like a caveman? I think missing a "will" is pretty unlikely. And what would pretending to respond to someone even entail? It's clear to me that it's a typo.
Are you saying what I pointed out doesn't make sense? I don't think I can be any clearer though, even repeating it to be clearer. Did you read it what I posted?
It doesn't make sense because I really, really don't see anyone saying that, phrased
that
way, in mafia chat. Again, how do you pretend to respond to someone?
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:15 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 110, KittyTacky wrote:

It doesn't make sense because I really, really don't see anyone saying that, phrased
that
Mafia need to use deception. Pretending is a form of deception. They can be open about that sort of thing with eachother.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:16 am

Post by ofmercia »

But as I said, the language mistake progo posted makes sense.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:00 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 111, ofmercia wrote:
In post 110, KittyTacky wrote:

that
Mafia need to use deception. Pretending is a form of deception. They can be open about that sort of thing with eachother.
Okay, that still doesn't change my question which you have been evading.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:02 am

Post by KittyTacky »

It was clear from the start that it was a language error, at least to me.
~Vasex
~Enchant
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:08 am

Post by ofmercia »

How can you just assume it was a language error? That seems a bit tmi.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:15 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Didn't think this would come up in game, but I am a psychology student. The field of psychology is currently embroiled in a replication crisis, after it was revealed in 2018 that half of the studies published ten years earlier, in 2008, failed to replicate. Psychology researchers have spent the past few years re-evaluating everything about the way psychology research is conducted, and re-examining all prior research. Some fields of research, such as psychology research, have been replicating just fine. Other fields, like priming, have been utterly demolished.

Also, the sort of psychology used in courtrooms is very often abysmal. For example, it was just last year that the state of Texas finally banned testimony obtained through hypnosis. The rest of the world has known that hypnosis is notorious for creating false memories ever since the Satanic Panic of the 1980s.

So when Frog comes in here backing up the idea of "consciousness of guilt slips" based on what's used in courtrooms, and citing a priming study published in 1979, that's about as trustworthy as citing Little Red Riding Hood.

I don't believe it was done with malicious intent. I'm just saying, I'm going to need a lot better than that if you want me to believe in consciousness of guilt slips.

VOTE: ofmerica

I do not like the way ofmerica in post 66 pointed Dunstral to post 62 (Progo's "slip") without even saying that there was anything wrong with it, and without voting Progo. This looks to me like scum trying to start a wagon without actually being on the wagon. It doesn't help that ofmerica is still defending this.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:18 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Sorry, meant to say "some fields of research, such as *personality* research"
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:21 am

Post by ofmercia »

Not defending it. I accept it was a language error a while ago.

Didn't vote because I wanted to hear from progo first. He made his case and I accept my instant solve of the game was incorrect.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:28 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Ah, sorry. I seem to have read post 115 out of context. Thought you were still maintaining that.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:45 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 117, TistDaniel wrote:Sorry, meant to say "some fields of research, such as *personality* research"
You're going to like my next post a lot more then
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:03 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 115, ofmercia wrote:How can you just assume it was a language error? That seems a bit tmi.
I literally explained it. -_- While it's natural for mafia to pretend to do stuff, pretending to respond to someone's strategy is logically impossible. Do you just passively go with the flow? That's still responding in a way isn't it.
~Vasex
~Enchant
AutoDefenestrator
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:12 am

Post by AutoDefenestrator »

In post 109, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’d like to hear more from Autodefenestrator and Dunnstral. They are the biggest black holes in my reads right now.
I've read the posts and feel like outside of total newbies the RVS is pretty pointless. My basis for this is that the type of D1 'psychoanalyzing' you encounter can only be effective on very clueless people, and for everyone even slightly aware of what's being looked out for is essentially unreadable (e.g. "Did he actually distance from X because that's what scum do, or does he know we look out for that and thus is setting someone up in a long con?"). I've kept up with the posts, and the 'slip' seems to be NAI although that topic is about done with anyway.

And going ranty off-topic, I joined another community's mafia game on discord at the same time with this one, and I find it pretty weird that I'm being straight-up forced to memechat throughout the entire 48h D1 there. Someone who checked in a whole three times during that period actually got prodded for 'not talking enough', even though there was straight-up zero real conversation concerning setup/strategy going on there.
AutoDefenestrator
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:16 am

Post by AutoDefenestrator »

I also don't know anybody here, so I can't say whether anyone is being more game-controlling, pushy, or eager to make attacks than usual. I can't make a real read nor will try to fish for reactions.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:23 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 122, AutoDefenestrator wrote: And going ranty off-topic, I joined another community's mafia game on discord at the same time with this one, and I find it pretty weird that I'm being straight-up forced to memechat throughout the entire 48h D1 there. Someone who checked in a whole three times during that period actually got prodded for 'not talking enough', even though there was straight-up zero real conversation concerning setup/strategy going on there.
Forum Mafia, Discord Mafia, and social deduction games like Town Of Salem and Among Us have very different cultures between each. Forum mafia is super slow-paced, usually, for example. You're not in a rush here, at least early, so adapt to that.
~Vasex
~Enchant