ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by ofmercia »

In post 221, fwogcarf wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral activity read

also seems like volume tells will not work in this game

thank god honestly
I think he's lurking as town waiting for something.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 206, TistDaniel wrote:Dunnstral: what's your strategy for finding scum?
In post 213, TistDaniel wrote:Auto: Ok, I can see what you mean. If I'm looking for wishy-washy opinions as scum, and I say so, of course scum are going to make an effort to seem less wishy-washy in response to that.

I suppose what I should say is Dunnstral: will you be doing any questioning? Will you be putting any pressure with your vote? Are you going to do vote count analysis? Or are you just going to sit quietly and hope that someone does something scummy?
In post 214, NorwegianboyEE wrote:My belief is that Dunnstral is going to sit very quietly and not do much of anything.
But hey, open to being proved wrong.
ofmercia wrote:

thank god honestly
I don't have a special strategy, I will push for an elimination based on who I townread and who I don't. When I think somebody is suspicious I like to case them and point to why.

ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:00 am

Post by ofmercia »

Lol fix that post. I definitely didn't post that.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

All these long posts.
Whew, getting tired just looking at 'em. :)
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 224, ofmercia wrote:
In post 217, KittyTacky wrote:I think Tist's word count is attributable to him simply being a newbie and trying to be helpful. It would be an HMMMMM if an experienced player did it though.
He's not the average newbie.
Meaning what?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 216, ProgoWoshua wrote:NorwegianboyEE: I think he's town for the exact same reason as KittyTacky. At first, he question Frogsterking's reasoning, and then states that he doesn't think I sliped. I can't find a problem with his reasons for his reads, so I think he's town.
This is a pretty uninteresting explanation for an townread.
Are you not paranoid i could be a good enough player to have my reads make sense as scum?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also here is an tip.
If you use the tag "post" after clicking "preview" before posting. You can place the "post" tag on your number that references a post, giving easy access to the post in question for those that read your post. This is infinitely better than having to search up each individual post you are talking about but not quoting yourself.

Example:
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:42 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 229, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 217, KittyTacky wrote:I think Tist's word count is attributable to him simply being a newbie and trying to be helpful. It would be an HMMMMM if an experienced player did it though.
Meaning what?
He's saying tist would be suspicious for that only if he were experienced. I disagree. I think it's within his range even if new.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:43 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Progo asked how I got the wrong post numbers in one of my posts.

Truth is, I'm copying all of the posts into a separate document so that I can view them all on the same page, and search by keywords. My operating system is Puppy Linux, and the default text editor allows for code folding. I've set up code-folding to work on plain text documents, so I can fold an entire book up into the table of contents, and then click a particular chapter to unfold that chapter. It's particularly helpful in Mafia, because I can have everyone's posts and votes directly in front of me at once, without having to load ten different pages.

How did I get the wrong numbers? I had folded up Norwegianboy's posts before citing the numbers, and accidentally cited two of his adjacent posts rather than the posts I intended to cite.

As for ofmercia, that was a typo. I retype all of the post numbers as I paste in the actual posts. I just mistyped 126 as 128, and didn't catch the mistake. My document goes 125, 128, 127, 128.

Here's my screen as it appears while I'm playing: https://ibb.co/c2kr28t

I'll reply to more, but I just woke up. Give me a bit.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 232, ofmercia wrote:
In post 229, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Meaning what?
He's saying tist would be suspicious for that only if he were experienced. I disagree. I think it's within his range even if new.
Within range doesn't necessarily mean they are scum.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:49 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Do you not believe there are scummier players out there, or ones that are higher priority than ListDaniel right now?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Feeling like Kitty is town upon reread.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Very unsure on Fwogcarf whole game, but if i had a gun to my head i would say leantown.
Dunnstral/Frog/Autodenestrator my PoE maybe?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 227, ofmercia wrote:Lol fix that post. I definitely didn't post that.
Not sure how that happened, I hit quote from detailed preview

Tist you definitely go above and beyond
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:05 am

Post by TistDaniel »

On my level of activity in this game: I've gone from being the most town-read player to the most scum-read player. But you know what? You all have reads on me. You've all *had* reads on me, probably long before you had reads on anyone else. And you have reads on me because you've seen me in action.

I expressed my view in 125 at the very top of page 6: "...town starts this game with almost no information. Discussion is the only way for the town to obtain information. When someone does not join in the discussion, that is an anti-town act."

I'm not hiding from y'all. I tell you what I think when you ask, and far more often, I tell you what I think when you don't ask. Sometimes I'm wrong. Sometimes I'm stupid. But this is my 43rd post, if I'm counting correctly. So if I'm scum, you won't have a hard time finding slips. Personally, I'm in favor of eliminating someone who isn't so easy to read.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 239, TistDaniel wrote:I'm not hiding from y'all. I tell you what I think when you ask, and far more often, I tell you what I think when you don't ask. Sometimes I'm wrong. Sometimes I'm stupid. But this is my 43rd post, if I'm counting correctly. So if I'm scum, you won't have a hard time finding slips. Personally, I'm in favor of eliminating someone who isn't so easy to read.
Ok so now that you brought this up.
It is of my opinion that players like you are better kept alive rather than being limmed day 1 bacause of "What if they are scum??" paranoia, so even if i were to find you suspicious these last pages (which i don't really) i probably wouldn't be too eager to lim you as you are an active player that shares their thoughts. And thus if you are town then mafia are very likely to nightkill you at some point anyways because they might fear that your analyzis might lead town to win the game if you aren't ridden off.
Thus it's a complete waste of time to eliminate a slot like yours when we have other slots that aren't going to do as much to make themselves readable, and will likely be kept alive by the scum if they are town as future miselimination bait. And kill the stronger town players that might hold their own in a fight.
So yes, i am strongly opposed to an Daniel lim today. And if that is where we are heading then i will never support it as an day 1 elimination.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So slots that are currently voting Daniel, please explain if you have other scumreads or if you see any other viable eliminations other than ListDaniel today, because unless y'all sidestep me, it's not gonna be our day 1 elim.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:35 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 241, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So slots that are currently voting Daniel, please explain if you have other scumreads or if you see any other viable eliminations other than ListDaniel today, because unless y'all sidestep me, it's not gonna be our day 1 elim.
Do you have a read list? I'd be willing to sheep if it makes sense. Don't have a better scum read than tist.

Although I disagree on some players should have day 1 immunity regardless of alignment. But I can see what you mean by it.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:53 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Tist
does not
ping me as scum. Most of his posts were actually helpful, and I won't vote someone for one very mildly scummy thing while everything else about them screams town to me.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 242, ofmercia wrote:
In post 241, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So slots that are currently voting Daniel, please explain if you have other scumreads or if you see any other viable eliminations other than ListDaniel today, because unless y'all sidestep me, it's not gonna be our day 1 elim.
Do you have a read list? I'd be willing to sheep if it makes sense. Don't have a better scum read than tist.

Although I disagree on some players should have day 1 immunity regardless of alignment. But I can see what you mean by it.
If you're asking me to sort all players from townies to scummiest then i'm not confident enough to do that yet.
But i did post my preferred PoE lims today. One of Frogsterking/Dunnstral/Autodefenestrator. I to an bigger or lesser degree townread or don't scumread remaining slots.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyone has thoughts on Fwogcarf?
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:54 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 225, ofmercia wrote:

thank god honestly
how does that make sense?
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:40 am

Post by TistDaniel »

The booster yesterday hit me harder than the first two shots. I didn't sleep very well, and I'm feeling pretty out of it today. So if I'm a bit less active, that's why. Expect to be back to normal by tomorrow, I think.

I think I've seen the most scummy behavior from ofmercia, but I think true scum would make more of an effort to hide scummy behavior. Not quite ready to townread them yet, but they are at least one of the more active players.

Glad to see some activity out of Progo. Most of his reads seem to center around the controversy surrounding him, which makes sense from his perspective. Assuming he's town, the only alignment he's sure of is his own, so it makes sense for him to do vote count analysis on his own wagon. He is still one of the bigger lurkers in this game (by postcount, if not by wordcount). I'd like to see more from him, but he hasn't felt too scummy to me.

Progo reads Dunnstral as town for not being the first to openly scumread Progo for the "slip". I disagree. You can hardly tell what ofmercia is talking about unless you're paying very close attention or you reread. If Dunnstral came out against Progo at this point, it would look like he was the first to have a problem with Progo, and I don't think scum would want to be the first on a wagon. Sure, saying that it wasn't scummy makes it harder for Dunnstral to jump on that wagon later, but if it ended up being a real thing, he could just stay off it the entire day and get easy townreads after Progo's slip.

Assuming Progo is town, I see no reason Dunnstral must also be town.

Don't really have a strong read on Dunnstral either way, and I feel like I never will, which scares me.

As Progo points out, fwog is one of the more active players. That said, he doesn't really stand out to me. His post that Progo calls the most important is literally just "Nah". Perhaps from Progo's perspective, that seems townie, because Progo knows his own alignment, but I don't know Progo's alignment, so it doesn't mean as much to me.

Frogster is the fourth-lurkiest player by post count, but somehow also manages to fade into the background far more than the others. He says he has something planned, and I don't think I've put as much pressure on him because I've been waiting to see how it turns out. When will we see how it turns out, Frogster?

With the exception of ofmercia, all my scumreads are lurkers. I'd be happiest voting one of those.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:43 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 246, fwogcarf wrote:
In post 225, ofmercia wrote:

thank god honestly
how does that make sense?
I asked him a few things. I don't feel he's hiding anything. But also feels as if he doesn't know what to do.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:59 am

Post by ofmercia »

UNVOTE: