ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:40 am

Post by ofmercia »

Oh, I haven't read any of it, because it's pretty obvious the game is mostly rng especially day 1. So there's probably no reliable guide to catching scum. Especially with all the varying behaviors each game from both alignments.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:45 am

Post by TistDaniel »

I doubt I will catch scum today. I'm saying it's harder than people make it out to be, not easier. :P

But yeah, I agree with ofmercia. I read somewhere that town's odds of catching scum Day 1 are *worse* than random chance, because scum are the only ones who know what's going on.
AutoDefenestrator
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:05 am

Post by AutoDefenestrator »

I think it's going to be my first and last game of this type, might do some blitz role-madness if anythin'. I won't sheep nor die midgame here though.
In post 269, fwogcarf wrote:i do not like a majority of autodefenestrator's posts, his first ones to me explain how he's going to play the game, which i find scum indicative in most cases. i feel like he hasn't done anything this game
[...]
Why Dunnstral and I specifically? Did you just pick two random players off the top of your head?
I'll be sure to artificially boost my visual contribution to town by hunting breadcrumbs and making up vacuous rationalizations for gutreads from now on (Daniel, 2022), sir. Scum are only more likely to influence my vote towards town, so I'm going off my personal thoughts as should you.
AutoDefenestrator
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:05 am

Post by AutoDefenestrator »

Die as in go inactive and not read along*
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:47 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 247, TistDaniel wrote:Progo reads Dunnstral as town for not being the first to openly scumread Progo for the "slip". I disagree. You can hardly tell what ofmercia is talking about unless you're paying very close attention or you reread. If Dunnstral came out against Progo at this point, it would look like he was the first to have a problem with Progo, and I don't think scum would want to be the first on a wagon. Sure, saying that it wasn't scummy makes it harder for Dunnstral to jump on that wagon later, but if it ended up being a real thing, he could just stay off it the entire day and get easy townreads after Progo's slip.
Yeah, I understand. It wouldn't be wise from Mafia to suspect me right there. I still give him a townlean, but I'm less confident in it than before.

My biggest scumlean is still on ofmercia, so...

VOTE: ofmercia
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

And I still need to give my reads on you, TistDaniel.

In my last game, there was a newbie scum that was scarily good at pulling off the analytical townie facade. So I'm reluctant about giving a townread based on that.

But I haven't seen anything that I consider scummy from, and there's nothing indicating that the same thing will happen in this game. So I'm still giving you a townread.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

yeah that's why I don't rely on meta too much

it doesn't have a ton of basis in the CURRENT game
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:39 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 275, ofmercia wrote:Oh, I haven't read any of it, because it's pretty obvious the game is mostly rng especially day 1. So there's probably no reliable guide to catching scum. Especially with all the varying behaviors each game from both alignments.
not necessarily

you can definitely find someone to have been indicating your interpretation of scummy behavior and calling them out for it. If you think that they're scum, then go for it.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 277, AutoDefenestrator wrote:I think it's going to be my first and last game of this type, might do some blitz role-madness if anythin'. I won't sheep nor die midgame here though.
In post 269, fwogcarf wrote:i do not like a majority of autodefenestrator's posts, his first ones to me explain how he's going to play the game, which i find scum indicative in most cases. i feel like he hasn't done anything this game
[...]
Why Dunnstral and I specifically? Did you just pick two random players off the top of your head?
I'll be sure to artificially boost my visual contribution to town by hunting breadcrumbs and making up vacuous rationalizations for gutreads from now on (Daniel, 2022), sir. Scum are only more likely to influence my vote towards town, so I'm going off my personal thoughts as should you.
Okay....

You have any more reads up to this point?
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

and i don't mean gutreads because i don't think making gutreads the whole game is a viable strategy
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 275, ofmercia wrote:Oh, I haven't read any of it, because it's pretty obvious the game is mostly rng especially day 1. So there's probably no reliable guide to catching scum. Especially with all the varying behaviors each game from both alignments.
lmao. It's not quite RNG because scum tend to be scummy. Like you for example.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by ofmercia »

In post 285, KittyTacky wrote:
Actually proving me right. So keep going.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:34 pm

Post by ofmercia »

In post 282, fwogcarf wrote:
not necessarily

you can definitely find someone to have been indicating your interpretation of scummy behavior and calling them out for it. If you think that they're scum, then go for it.
Yeah I said mostly not totally rng. I have been making votes on what I think is scummy.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 286, ofmercia wrote:
This is still scum. Not much ofmercia said or did makes much sense as town. Jumped on someone for what is blatantly a language mistake, when people started piling up votes, attempts to deflect with "the game is RNG".
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:41 pm

Post by ofmercia »

In post 288, KittyTacky wrote:
This is still scum. Not much ofmercia said or did makes much sense as town. Jumped on someone for what is blatantly a language mistake, when people started piling up votes, attempts to deflect with "the game is RNG".
What? We were discussing something totally different. This is a big stretch lol. The two aren't even related at all. This has to be scum.

VOTE: kittytacky
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:43 pm

Post by ofmercia »

You realize there are people actually reading the thread right? You need to try harder if you wanna misrep this badly.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:49 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 289, ofmercia wrote:
In post 288, KittyTacky wrote:
What? We were discussing something totally different. This is a big stretch lol. The two aren't even related at all. This has to be scum.

VOTE: kittytacky
I didn't say you directly deflected my accusation with that, but saying the game is mostly RNG when currently being pushed (not just by me in fact) read to me like trying to drop off pressure from yourself.
~Vasex
~Enchant
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:18 am

Post by ofmercia »

Tist unvoted and progo voted AFTER. So when I made the post it was the least pressure I've been under or being pushed.

Do you know what deflecting means? My vote accusing progo and norwegian as being a scum team was way back and I already explained my thought process of that. How or why would I deflect in a completely different discussion talking about strategy and usefulness of scum guides?
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:33 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 292, ofmercia wrote:Tist unvoted and progo voted AFTER. So when I made the post it was the least pressure I've been under or being pushed.

Do you know what deflecting means? My vote accusing progo and norwegian as being a scum team was way back and I already explained my thought process of that. How or why would I deflect in a completely different discussion talking about strategy and usefulness of scum guides?
Progo was scumreading you before. And you accuse me of not reading the thread...
~Vasex
~Enchant
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:40 am

Post by ofmercia »

Ok so I have 1 vote and 1 player scum reading me. I then decide to deflect this heavy pressure - I force tist to make a discussion of strategy where I can deflect your vote on me many pages back with an rng argument lol. Nice one. Makes perfect sense.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:09 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 294, ofmercia wrote:Ok so I have 1 vote and 1 player scum reading me. I then decide to deflect this heavy pressure - I force tist to make a discussion of strategy where I can deflect your vote on me many pages back with an rng argument lol. Nice one. Makes perfect sense.
1. 2 players, one voting you and the other likely voting soon.
2. Opportunism is a thing.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:12 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Yes it's not heavy pressure but then again it's mid-day 1.
~Vasex
~Enchant
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:53 am

Post by fwogcarf »

ofmercia/kitty not w/w
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:23 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 297, fwogcarf wrote:ofmercia/kitty not w/w
Wolf/wolf?
~Vasex
~Enchant
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:34 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Auto: Looks like you're saying in 277 that I'm recommending seeking breadcrumbs and rationalizing gutreads, when that's the exact opposite of what I recommended in 273. Have you just given up on reading the thread?

Kitty: I agree that ofmercia seemed scummy in response to the Progo controversy. But ofmercia is right that they said the RNG stuff after I unvoted. Sure, Progo was scumreading them, but that's not a whole lot of pressure.

Let's look at Progo's activity:

Two posts at the top of page 5: 100, 102. We hear nothing at all from hum after that until 205, more than a hundred posts and four pages later. He drops his reads in 216, and then, up until ofmercia's RNG comment, never made another post. Progo had put very nearly the absolute minimum pressure on ofmercia that he absolutely could. Plus, I had just removed my vote from ofmercia, which I originally placed in 116 on page 5.

ofmercia has had a vote on them ever since Norwegian's vote in 93 on page 4. In other words, ofmercia has had at least one vote against them, sometimes two, for eight of the twelve pages of this game. They had been scumread by one of our least active players three pages earlier, and never heard from the guy since then.

I mean yeah, I guess ofmercia had a little pressure on them, but not more than they've had on them for most of this game. Actually, it feels like significantly less, because my vote which had ridden for six pages had just moved.

Are you really sure the "RNG" comment was intended to deflect pressure?