Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:35 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 349, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 346, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 345, NorwegianboyEE wrote:…would you please?
Yes! Do you agree/disagree with my scum reads?
I disagree with your scumreads because you scumread me and I know I am town and fwogcarf didn't say anything that pinged my scum radar. Auto pings me more as a scummy townie limbait, yeah. As for Dunnstral, they and their replacement are aggressively null to me.
You not understanding doesn't mean poorly explained. Norwegian seems to understand after 2 posts. Yet after trying to explain further for 3 or 4 posts you're still lost, or acting lost.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:36 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 343, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 340, Frogsterking wrote:I apologize for my lurking. I think I've kept fairly well read on this game.

I think frognworth and KittyTacky are likely to flip scum. VOTE: frognworth I'm down to wagon either.

I think Dunnstral/StrangeMatters and AutoDefennstrel are the limbait slots who are are likely to be easy pushes who flip town.

I think Progo put enough effort into their posts that it's sort of making his life difficult as scum so I think he's town. I think Norwee's vote on me and paranoia of my slot is likely to come from town and some of his posts were too helpful I think for if he were playing scum. And I also am not paranoid of Tist who I think is town.

Then I think ofmercia's play is slightly more aggressive than the other players at this table which can sometimes lead to getting his slot scum read, and in my experience, kind of like the limbait slots, he's likely to flip town.

So then I just have frognworth and KittyTacky left and I read through their isos and I see hanging back, pushing easy slots while staying on the sidelanes, posting just enough to get slightly townread. I'm somewhat confident there's at least 1 scum between KittyTacky and frognworth.
1. Ofmercia's aggression isn't the problem by itself, aggressive towns win games. The problem is that the aggression was inane and extremely poorly explained when questioned.
2. Where's your survey my man?
This was supposed to be quoted.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:04 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 350, ofmercia wrote:
I disagree with your scumreads because you scumread me and I know I am town and fwogcarf didn't say anything that pinged my scum radar. Auto pings me more as a scummy townie limbait, yeah. As for Dunnstral, they and their replacement are aggressively null to me.
You not understanding doesn't mean poorly explained. Norwegian seems to understand after 2 posts. Yet after trying to explain further for 3 or 4 posts you're still lost, or acting lost.
*keeps evading my actual question* I don't know why Norwe thinks it makes sense, again how on Earth do you
pretend to respond
?
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:22 am

Post by TistDaniel »

My wife's birthday today, and she has tomorrow off as well, so I'm probably going to be less active, unless she decides to go off with friends. I'll reply to everything by Friday morning EST at the latest.
AutoDefenestrator
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:37 am

Post by AutoDefenestrator »

In post 267, AutoDefenestrator wrote:I may switch later onto someone like fwog or Dunnstral though.
Dunnstral/StrangeMatter is definitely off the radar for now, seems as if everyone agrees with that
so far
. Still neutral on Norwegian (a 'town-controlling and analyzing' attitude is easy to pull off as a SE town and might work on newer players). Frogster remains a townlean in spite of the recent inactivity.

Hence I'd still like to vote off Daniel or Fwog, preference on former.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:58 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 340, Frogsterking wrote:I apologize for my lurking. I think I've kept fairly well read on this game.

I think frognworth and KittyTacky are likely to flip scum. VOTE: frognworth I'm down to wagon either.

I think Dunnstral/StrangeMatters and AutoDefennstrel are the limbait slots who are are likely to be easy pushes who flip town.

I think Progo put enough effort into their posts that it's sort of making his life difficult as scum so I think he's town. I think Norwee's vote on me and paranoia of my slot is likely to come from town and some of his posts were too helpful I think for if he were playing scum. And I also am not paranoid of Tist who I think is town.

Then I think ofmercia's play is slightly more aggressive than the other players at this table which can sometimes lead to getting his slot scum read, and in my experience, kind of like the limbait slots, he's likely to flip town.

So then I just have frognworth and KittyTacky left and I read through their isos and I see hanging back, pushing easy slots while staying on the sidelanes, posting just enough to get slightly townread. I'm somewhat confident there's at least 1 scum between KittyTacky and frognworth.
Just because they're "easy slots to push" doesn't make them town.

How am I scummier than Kitty if you're using the same reasoning for both of us?
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:58 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 352, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 350, ofmercia wrote:
*keeps evading my actual question* I don't know why Norwe thinks it makes sense, again how on Earth do you
pretend to respond
?
I'll try to spell it out again, but I feel you will still say I'm avoiding or ignoring or not making sense or whatever because it isn't genuine.
Firstly scum have a private thread where they communicate.

Norwegian asks progo where he is, progo responds that he is busy and will pretend to answer in the thread.

This to me looked like scum talking and progo posting in the wrong thread. Scum will most surely pretend to answer posts as they need to hide scum agenda.

I know you're just going to say I'm avoiding again but this is as clear as I can get. If you still don't understand something this simple I cannot help you unfortunately.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:11 am

Post by fwogcarf »

also using a defense like "I am town" is not a read i believe in
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:18 am

Post by fwogcarf »

I think my not wolf/wolf association reads are not going to be as reliable as I think they are

Very confident on the Ofmercia/Kitty one though
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:02 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 356, ofmercia wrote: Norwegian asks progo where he is, progo responds that he is busy and will pretend to answer in the thread.

This to me looked like scum talking and progo posting in the wrong thread. Scum will most surely pretend to answer posts as they need to hide scum agenda.

I know you're just going to say I'm avoiding again but this is as clear as I can get. If you still don't understand something this simple I cannot help you unfortunately.
In post 68, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 67, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 62, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 61, NorwegianboyEE wrote:ProgoWoshua you gonna come in?
Don’t be shy! Come and say hi!
I’ve got tea and crackers setting up on the fly.
I'm a little busy right now. But I pretend to respond to Daniel's strategy soon.
You mean this? I'm not sure why they said pretend, I assume they are joking.
I meant "intend". Sorry.
I'm not sure I'm following the logic behind what you're saying here @ofmercia. Exactly what about that makes it likely to you that progo posted in the wrong thread? Because every time I read it, I agree with what others have said that it reads like a grammar mistake over an actual slip.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:04 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ofmercia is an newbie right? I don't think the assumption of: "Im gonna pretend to respond" being a scumslip is a big deal if you've never played as scum before.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Frogsterking »

and are more believable to me on a qualitative level than the positions being taken by fwog and Kitty.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:49 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 359, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 356, ofmercia wrote: Norwegian asks progo where he is, progo responds that he is busy and will pretend to answer in the thread.

In post 68, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 67, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 62, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 61, NorwegianboyEE wrote:ProgoWoshua you gonna come in?
Don’t be shy! Come and say hi!
I’ve got tea and crackers setting up on the fly.
I'm a little busy right now. But I pretend to respond to Daniel's strategy soon.
You mean this? I'm not sure why they said pretend, I assume they are joking.
I meant "intend". Sorry.
I'm not sure I'm following the logic behind what you're saying here @ofmercia. Exactly what about that makes it likely to you that progo posted in the wrong thread? Because every time I read it, I agree with what others have said that it reads like a grammar mistake over an actual slip.
I agree he meant intend instead of pretend. I'm saying what I thought it was before he posted what it actually was.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I really dislike how fwog and Kitty feel like they put just enough effort in to get slightly town read, and how they're both presently posed with their outted scum reads to sheep whichever limbait town goes for EoD.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:53 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 363, Frogsterking wrote:I really dislike how fwog and Kitty feel like they put just enough effort in to get slightly town read, and how they're both presently posed with their outted scum reads to sheep whichever limbait town goes for EoD.
I'm pretty sure kitty is scum.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

UNVOTE:
Eh i guess we never get the survey thing.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:01 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Alright, what is this survey? I've been reading and keep hearing about frog's survey but it's barely ever talked about beyond that other than just egging them on.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 7, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6, KittyTacky wrote:My first first post!

Hello everyone. I now realize I should have inned as a SE because I have a few games under my belt already...
Cool we have an armada of SEs this game.

VOTE: yolohammer doesnt sound like a newbie name.

I have a supplemental D1 start method called the SSS (standard survey start). I think it might be better after the RVS is over rather than right at the start of the game. I'll probably post it around 10-12 pages in.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Frogsterking »

This is a Newbie table and I think it's also high-skilled as far as Newbie tables go. In a high skilled newbie table I think newbscum who don't replace out are going to be putting a moderate amount of effort into getting townread.
In Kitty and fwog I see the fruits of a moderate amount of effort into getting townread. I think that's more likely than Dunnstral/Strange or Auto being incompetent at getting townread. I think based on probability town is unlikely to choose correctly on the first couple of wagons so I'm very willing to look beyond common early choices that are wrong. I think there is enormous expected value in it for town because of the impact hitting correctly on D1 has for town's win rate.
I believe executing between Kitty and fwog has the highest chance of flipping scum of any pair of players at this table.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 365, NorwegianboyEE wrote:UNVOTE:
Eh i guess we never get the survey thing.
In post 366, StrangeMatter wrote:Alright, what is this survey? I've been reading and keep hearing about frog's survey but it's barely ever talked about beyond that other than just egging them on.
In post 367, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 7, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6, KittyTacky wrote:My first first post!

Hello everyone. I now realize I should have inned as a SE because I have a few games under my belt already...
Cool we have an armada of SEs this game.

VOTE: yolohammer doesnt sound like a newbie name.

I have a supplemental D1 start method called the SSS (standard survey start). I think it might be better after the RVS is over rather than right at the start of the game. I'll probably post it around 10-12 pages in.
I've been procrastinating completing it because of my perfectionism! I'm sorry it's my fault I haven't posted it. I am attempting to make it up by contributing what I can to improve Town's chances.

While I was procrastinating on completing it all that time I payed a higher level of attention to this game than usual so I'm trying to share my reads as clearly as I can. I want to redeem my slot so I'm hoping my reads are better than usual due to my increased monitoring of the game state while procrastinating.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:14 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 353, TistDaniel wrote:My wife's birthday today, and she has tomorrow off as well, so I'm probably going to be less active, unless she decides to go off with friends. I'll reply to everything by Friday morning EST at the latest.
Congratulations! I hope you both have a great time.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:21 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 280, ProgoWoshua wrote:And I still need to give my reads on you, TistDaniel.

In my last game, there was a newbie scum that was scarily good at pulling off the analytical townie facade. So I'm reluctant about giving a townread based on that.

But I haven't seen anything that I consider scummy from, and there's nothing indicating that the same thing will happen in this game. So I'm still giving you a townread.
I don't agree with the main thought behind this, but I think this likely comes from town.

My problem with this as a thought though, is that often people who are deepwolfing themselves do not try to act scummy, and usually are very good at pulling off faking being town. Most of the time when someone's super obviously town it's worth asking yourself if that person can or cannot really replicate town gameplay or not. Knowing if someone can or can't do that is mostly experience though, though another rule of thumb I personally have right now is to always double-check especially on the validity of said read being right or not.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:02 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Thanks, Frog!

Could you use help with your survey? If you're working with the IPIP, I have some experience with that.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:14 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 363, Frogsterking wrote:I really dislike how fwog and Kitty feel like they put just enough effort in to get slightly town read, and how they're both presently posed with their outted scum reads to sheep whichever limbait town goes for EoD.
what does this even mean
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:16 am

Post by fwogcarf »

I want to understand why you have these scumreads but all I'm seeing is "Oh they're not putting in enough effort, their scumreads are obvious limbait town, so they must be scum"