Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:15 pm

Post by Datisi »

if you wanna keep the informed claim, the information i've seen given to informed townies (who weren't any other role) is... XYZ is aligned with the town, there is a mafia 1-shot strongman in the game, there is a mafia neighbour in the game (in a game where all 3 scum were neighbours).

maybe don't claim the last one :shifty:
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Frogsterking »

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... &start=425

I'm reading the link, it's a large normal with a killer in it.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:50 am

Post by Datisi »

dunno how much use a 10 year old game will be for setup meta
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Frogsterking »

The game brought to my attention that rolling Killer might tend to make players appear to suck more relative to how they usually play
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:43 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I think killer is likely to be in the mid to bottom half of the poe relative to the table and their performance is likely to appear mediocre or inferior relative to both their completed town meta and completed scum meta.

I think a really small amount of players are able to have success with killer outside of incredible luck. I think high trait conscientious, low trait agreeableness, low trait neuroticism, and at least a dozen 15+ player forum mafia games completed are increasingly predictive of the killer's identity the farther the game progresses.

I think the ability to night kill may load on its own factor of tells which can be extracted out of pr/scum tells. What i mean by that is that there are ways to "guess the vig" that are subsumed by "guess who is pr". The tells unique to "guess the vig" and not "guess the pr" can increase our chances of guessing killer. These are also practical to know if they exist because we could be looking for a vig instead of or in addition to a killer.

*Data on replacement rate of Killer
*We know being informed of a psychologist increases chance of vig OR killer, and does the presence of one of those roles increase our chances of having the other role in the setup?
*Does presence of killer/vig predict chances of having town doctor or similar mitigative role?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Frogsterking »

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Detection

I can probably answer all of my * questions with access to this dataset or one like it
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Eyes without a face »

Hmmm.. what am I confirming if my role pm is already posted here?? lol

If it were up to me I would have swapped my role with any of my fellow mafia members. I don't think I survive for four complete cycles.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:16 am

Post by Datisi »

claiming gunsmith is likely to buy you a day or two if needed, i think. and i think it's unlikely there are town gunsmiths in the setup.
~M
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:19 am

In post 6, Datisi wrote:judging by the fact that there's a town psychologist, there's probably a vigilante, no? that's either great or horrible depending on who it is
My first guess was there's a serial killer. I also think we should all perform kills to avoid being caught by the psychologist
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:22 am

In post 7, skitter30 wrote:He wanta to work with me, apparently. So there's only like 11 people the traitor can be
Sorry but who is "he"
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Datisi »

hmm. 17p's are generally a 4v13, so if no sk, this is a 4+t vs 14, which like, can be balanced with a somewhat decent amount of town power. so i'd say it's not *likely* there's an sk, but it wouldn't surprise me i guess.
~M
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:25 am

In post 32, Datisi wrote:claiming gunsmith is likely to buy you a day or two if needed, i think. and i think it's unlikely there are town gunsmiths in the setup.
OK. Noted
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Datisi »

i was on a walk, and i thought how it would be really funny if on d2, i claimed pt cop with a guilty on baltar

it would be 99.9% be throwing, but like, funny
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:32 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 37, Datisi wrote:i was on a walk, and i thought how it would be really funny if on d2, i claimed pt cop with a guilty on baltar

it would be 99.9% be throwing, but like, funny
it would be throwing if you did it. it would be a good strategic play if :
1) skitter confirms via hood: baltar is a powerful tpr and if a doc has a soft claim or hard claim to him at all
2) vp isnt widely townread d1
3) i emulate my limited available town meta d1 and am widely townread d1

then I think our default expectation should be that i will make this play.

As everyone's teammate here I hard claim intent to make this play D2 if the conditions for it be useful are met.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Datisi »

errr, that was a shitpost, none of us should be claiming a powerful role like that unless our alternative is death
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 39, Datisi wrote:errr, that was a shitpost, none of us should be claiming a powerful role like that unless our alternative is death
even with a scum team of 5 as the lowliest goon?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by the worst »

Quackup mod egopost.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Hardclaiming intent to survive as long as possible by imitating my town meta and claim pt cop with guilty on baltar in a worst case situation.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Datisi »

i am telling you that nothing good comes from fake claiming a power role like that because it basically locks in our death in the next 0-2 days, depending how smart the town is

which is like, unless our other option is instant death, is a bad thing
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 43, Datisi wrote:i am telling you that nothing good comes from fake claiming a power role like that because it basically locks in our death in the next 0-2 days, depending how smart the town is

which is like, unless our other option is instant death, is a bad thing
Yes and I didn't understand what you're saying at first. After I thought it about it I understood better and I made a new plan which doesn't involve fake claiming at all unless the only other option is instant death.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Does anyone know for sure why there's been a delay in the start of the game?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 44, Frogsterking wrote:I made a new plan which doesn't involve fake claiming at all unless the only other option is instant death.
also you shouldn't claim pt cop with a guilty on him even then, because when you flip, you basically confirm that there is scum in the neighborhood

no idea why the game is delayed
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 46, Datisi wrote:
In post 44, Frogsterking wrote:I made a new plan which doesn't involve fake claiming at all unless the only other option is instant death.
also you shouldn't claim pt cop with a guilty on him even then, because when you flip, you basically confirm that there is scum in the neighborhood

no idea why the game is delayed
I think there is an important reason why the game is being delayed
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I believe the most likely explanation for the delay in order from most probable to least probable:

#1 The event has been delayed because someone very important hasn't shown up yet
#2 There is something mechanically wrong with the setup which has been noticed at the last minute
#3 Mizzy is applying artistic liberty and making a last minute change to the setup; and/or has decided to deviate from their previously intended plan and is now improvising something
#4 The delay is intentional for an unknown reason
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:07 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Do you see what I'm implying in #48??