GeneralWu

so the other 2 scum are in

Scorpious
Save The Dragons
MalcolmTucker
skitter30
Eyes without a face
Nordom
This sounds more like the town nero I know. Nothing solid yet but a town lean. :lol:
So a readslist on Page 12 is a lot different from a readslist on Page 8?
No. But one time it's the other person's fault. Two times it's probably mine.
:dead: :dead: :dead:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 599, Aristeia wrote:Why does a town player have no reads on page 24?
he's general wu?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 596, Nero Cain wrote:VOTE: Yeet

only time I'll say this stupid word
Can you explain this read?
Nordom, are you speaking to your crossbows?
Negatory.
Oh, that's a relief. I thought that-
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 531, Aristeia wrote:I asked you which read you wanted me to elaborate on because I don't feel like answering busy work questions.
I know you're not talking to me but allow me to get this off my chest: If you had done as VP did no one would have had to ask for an explanation. I -for one- need to know if someone is for real or just posting a read list for the sake of it.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 585, Yeet wrote:The more I think about it, the more I just don't think scum HEM would decide to enter going guns blazing at Aristeia, of all people, who seems to be reacting to this in a very OMGUSy way (not that it's scum indicative). I assume there is history between the two from what I have read, and I would never as scum just attack someone like that flippantly who I know has a high chance of OMGUSing back at me.

I just don't see the scum motivation here.
he wasn't guns blazing. he was kind of nice about it actually, in a way that felt weird if it was a genuine suspicion, in . he came back to the thread guns blazing now, yes, but that's a different situation.

getting in a heated 1v1 is also very much a scum tactic because you don't have to put much energy elsewhere, and people will often townread you for it
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 587, Aristeia wrote:the idea of talking reads out is that you have reads yourself that you want to talk about
another idea of talking reads out is that people can understand whether your reads are real or not and therefore get a sense of where your head at.

I'm not seeing that this will be anymore productive. In the interest that you could be a proud town that doesn't like to be questioned (as opposed to scum who drags her feet and plays malicious when questioned), I'm willing to mellow this conversation into something more productive. How about we answer each other from now on and quit this pissing match? I'll ask you questions that you'll answer, and I'll answer questions that you ask.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 599, Aristeia wrote:
In post 594, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 585, Yeet wrote:The more I think about it, the more I just don't think scum HEM would decide to enter going guns blazing at Aristeia, of all people, who seems to be reacting to this in a very OMGUSy way (not that it's scum indicative). I assume there is history between the two from what I have read, and I would never as scum just attack someone like that flippantly who I know has a high chance of OMGUSing back at me.

I just don't see the scum motivation here.
I also don't think he would have admitted to having no reads. That was self-defeating in terms of the argument.
Why does a town player have no reads on page 24?
Why does a scum player?
In post 601, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 599, Aristeia wrote:Why does a town player have no reads on page 24?
he's general wu?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by DeasVail »

UNVOTE: Eyes without a face
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

town get into heated 1v1's too. Is HEM being overly agressive. maybe
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 576, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 335, fua wrote:If you’re town your goal is to not be voted for.
no
Do you think this statement from fua has alignment implications?
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I will talk to you about any read you want to talk about if you have your own thoughts and you disagree with me on something.

I am not here to do busy work for you.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 217, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 208, Aristeia wrote:here is my way too early vibe list:

good vibes:

yeet, frogster, fire, skitter, datisi, std

neutrali:

gwu, cape90, deasvail,

badvibes:

tenebro, monkey
can you explain each slot
Okay, I was wrong to say HEM came in guns blazing.

I still don't think he asks Aristeia to explain every single slot on her early readslist if he is scum and it seems like he genuinely expects her to. In my opinion it is easier to fabricate a more normal looking approach to the game than doing something weird and particular like this.

And I don't agree that people often get townread for getting into a heated 1v1, I personally feel the opposite. And I definitely wouldn't expect scum to welcome it against someone who is presumably OMGUSy in the first place. But that's all anedoctal on both our ends.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 608, Nero Cain wrote:town get into heated 1v1's too. Is HEM being overly agressive. maybe
ye I'm not saying only scum do it, but yeet was saying scum would never
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 611, Yeet wrote:I still don't think he asks Aristeia to explain every single slot on her early readslist if he is scum and it seems like he genuinely expects her to. In my opinion it is easier to fabricate a more normal looking approach to the game than doing something weird and particular like this.
asking questions that you are not really interested in the answer to is literally one of the easiest things for scum to do to coast.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 612, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 608, Nero Cain wrote:town get into heated 1v1's too. Is HEM being overly agressive. maybe
ye I'm not saying only scum do it, but yeet was saying scum would never
I said I would never do that as scum, not that no one would.

I still feel it's a big stretch to say scum!HEM's scum agenda here is to get into a 1v1 with Aristeia to avoid doing real stuff in the thread and get townread for 1v1ing her. I think that's just a ridiculous agenda that doesn't make sense to me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 602, Nordom wrote:
In post 596, Nero Cain wrote:VOTE: Yeet

only time I'll say this stupid word
Can you explain this read?
I want him to take a hard stance on me

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 613, Aristeia wrote:
In post 611, Yeet wrote:I still don't think he asks Aristeia to explain every single slot on her early readslist if he is scum and it seems like he genuinely expects her to. In my opinion it is easier to fabricate a more normal looking approach to the game than doing something weird and particular like this.
asking questions that you are not really interested in the answer to is literally one of the easiest things for scum to do to coast.
Sure, but why would he ask you about every single read as scum, which is clearly a big ask? It's more likely to me that he saw noticed something in particular as town and didn't care about how the possible interaction would unfold. Scum subconsciously plan ahead more than town, is one of the theses I have in this read.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:25 pm

In post 610, Aristeia wrote:I will talk to you about any read you want to talk about if you have your own thoughts and you disagree with me on something.

I am not here to do busy work for you.
Okay nice. You don't have to do any busy work for me. Let's have a vulnerable and honest chat.

My thoughts are: I can't imagine anyone having reads at that point of the game, and I want to understand if your slot is town or scum by asking you about your readslist. This is so that I can see if your POV is fake (scum faking their reads, because they're basically spoiled who's scum or not) or if your having a genuine thought process (town putting their thoughts out there).

Now the question isn't to give you any busy work. Please don't think that. (No no no) It's so that I can read your slot better.

Let's start at: Why do you feel that yeet, frogster, fire, skitter, datisi, std are all good vibes at #208?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 614, Yeet wrote:I still feel it's a big stretch to say scum!HEM's scum agenda here is to get into a 1v1 with Aristeia to avoid doing real stuff in the thread and get townread for 1v1ing her. I think that's just a ridiculous agenda that doesn't make sense to me.
i don't think it was his agenda to start. if he's scum he probably was just poking at something that he thought was easy to poke at. when he came back today though i think he 100% had an agenda, whether he is scum or town, and that was to be way more aggressive and confident than he had any right to be, because from what I gather, he is pretty comfortable in that playstyle as either alignment
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 614, Yeet wrote:I still feel it's a big stretch to say scum!HEM's scum agenda here is to get into a 1v1 with Aristeia to avoid doing real stuff in the thread and get townread for 1v1ing her. I think that's just a ridiculous agenda that doesn't make sense to me.
I'm fairly sure he didn't plan to have a 1v1 or get into a fight.

He probably thought it would be fairly convenient to ask some questions about my reads and get some answers to make it look like he's "sorting" me or "interested" in my reads.

I turned it around and asked him which read he was interested in because I wanted to see what his thought process was - since if he had someone at a similar read, it wouldn't make sense for him to ask about it - it really only makes sense to ask about reads you disagree with.

He couldn't really come up with a single example and when I accused him of not having reads and not spotting the STD read if he was genuinely interested in my readlist - he responded with "lol" and then disappeared.

Now he's come back and decided to double down on 1v1ing me after seeing that I didn't go away or get distracted by something else; since at this point the hiding from me strategy didn't work he's going for the run at me full speed and challenge me to a fight strategy.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 616, Yeet wrote:Sure, but why would he ask you about every single read as scum, which is clearly a big ask? It's more likely to me that he saw noticed something in particular as town and didn't care about how the possible interaction would unfold. Scum subconsciously plan ahead more than town, is one of the theses I have in this read.
yes that's exactly what I'm saying - town usually see a read they disagree with or don't like and want to talk about it - scum like to ask for a multitude of reads because they want to pick out which read to attack for being "weak" etc. It's a difference in approach that heavily leans scum.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 616, Yeet wrote:It's more likely to me that he saw noticed something in particular as town and didn't care about how the possible interaction would unfold.
that's exactly the point, though. if he noticed something in particular as town, then he would have been able to point out a read that looked off. that was why ari prompted him for one. he's made it clear since then that he did not notice something in particular, he just thought that it was too early to have a read list
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 617, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Let's start at: Why do you feel that yeet, frogster, fire, skitter, datisi, std are all good vibes at #208?
writing the names out doesn't make your request any more nonsensical.

you can pick a name to talk about or I can pick a name to talk about.

I suggest you pick the one you have the most disagreement with me on.

If you want to say you have no thoughts on any of those slots you might as well just claim scum and stop wasting my time.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ok ill just pause and let ari reply to things instead since apparently we are just gonna say exactly the same thing at the same time anyway
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:32 pm

jesus christ