the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by the worst »

A trick containing a trump is won by the hand playing the highest trump. A trick not containing a trump is won by the hand playing the highest card of the suit led. The winner of each trick leads next.

Official Votecount 1.5Datisi (5): skitter30, Yeet, humaneatingmonkey, Nordom, tenebrousluminary
[E-5]

humaneatingmonkey (2): Aristeia, Cape90
Yeet (2): Frogsterking, Nero Cain
skitter30 (1): Datisi
Eyes without a face (1): Save The Dragons
tenebrousluminary (1): fireisredsir
GeneralWu (1): fua
fua (1): VP Baltar

Not Voting (5): Scorpious, DeasVail, MalcolmTucker, Eyes without a face, GeneralWu

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to achieve an eliminaton.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-03-12 05:15:00).

click here for joined mod iso.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 768, Nordom wrote:What do you mean by "townblock"? Can you quote the reply where he implied that?
a townblock is a group of townreads that mutually townread each other - it's a method for POEing a game down based on expansion of a core group of mutually agreed townreads.

What monkey is saying is that Datisi is scum for not creating a townblock or starting to create a townblock.

But he's also stated today that he thinks people don't have enough alignment indicative material this early in the game to create reads and that he doesn't really have reads himself.

so this is an obvious contradiction in that he expects Datisi to be creating a townblock while he himself claims he doesn't have townreads nor that enough AI material has gone on for people to create townreads.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Nordom »

His playstyle being what, Monkey?
Nordom, are you speaking to your crossbows?
Negatory.
Oh, that's a relief. I thought that-
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 772, Aristeia wrote:You said on the last page I am trying to kill you because I am mafia.

Why are you pretending to be confused by my actions now?

In fact if your world view is that Ari!scum is trying to misyeet me - my actions on this page should make perfect sense to you no?

If you believe Ari/Datisi are scum together this would be a textbook example of chainsaw defense no?

Instead you're confused about what I'm doing?
yes, because you are also trying to pretend that you're town publicly.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 774, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 765, Aristeia wrote:You assume that Datisi is able to create a townblock in the first 24 hours of a large theme... which makes very little sense to me - you also previous stated you think nothing ai has actually happened and you think people shouldn't be able to form reads - this is a contradiction just on the surface.

You are imposing a standard that by your own admission is absurd upon Datisi and using it to push him.
I assume Datisi is able to create a townblock because that's how i remember his playstyle in early games.
We are 24 hours into the game.

Datisi has been in class for 10 hours and slept for maybe 6 or 7 hours.

Your expectations are ridiculous and directly contradict what you previously said about there not being enough alignment indicative material to create townreads this early.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:48 pm

In post 776, Aristeia wrote:But he's also stated today that he thinks people don't have enough alignment indicative material this early in the game to create reads and that he doesn't really have reads himself.

so this is an obvious contradiction in that he expects Datisi to be creating a townblock while he himself claims he doesn't have townreads nor that enough AI material has gone on for people to create townreads.
the process to get to those townreads will be obvious, he doesn't need to generate one.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 776, Aristeia wrote:
In post 768, Nordom wrote:What do you mean by "townblock"? Can you quote the reply where he implied that?
a townblock is a group of townreads that mutually townread each other - it's a method for POEing a game down based on expansion of a core group of mutually agreed townreads.

What monkey is saying is that Datisi is scum for not creating a townblock or starting to create a townblock.

But he's also stated today that he thinks people don't have enough alignment indicative material this early in the game to create reads and that he doesn't really have reads himself.

Trust me, I understand what a "town-block" is. I'm asking for a quoted reply from monkey that says that he said something like that.
Negatory.
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:49 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 778, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 772, Aristeia wrote:You said on the last page I am trying to kill you because I am mafia.

Why are you pretending to be confused by my actions now?

In fact if your world view is that Ari!scum is trying to misyeet me - my actions on this page should make perfect sense to you no?

If you believe Ari/Datisi are scum together this would be a textbook example of chainsaw defense no?

Instead you're confused about what I'm doing?
yes, because you are also trying to pretend that you're town publicly.
I am talking about your point of view.

You have stated on page 30 that you are convinced I am mafia trying to murder you.

You then state on page 31 that you are confused about what I am doing.

This is a perspective slip - you forgot you have me at hard scumread because your scumread of me is fake.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:49 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 751, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Datisi hasn't pressured me actually. Which makes me suspicious because if Datisi remembers me as the one who "ripped through town" in that one game, then he must have due cause to pressure me. Also, when prompted by Nero, he gave up assessing my meta at the mere sight of the word "daddy". I believe Datisi would have spent some proper time sorting me. Datisi is also bolder to announce his reads, however bad. He also tries to create a townblock in my experience. That doesn't happen here. His participation does not influence this game, which is pinging my bottom.
here you go
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:50 pm

i dont have you at hard scumread.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 780, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 776, Aristeia wrote:But he's also stated today that he thinks people don't have enough alignment indicative material this early in the game to create reads and that he doesn't really have reads himself.

the process to get to those townreads will be obvious, he doesn't need to generate one.

What are you even talking about
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Aristeia »

What process does Town Datisi do that he's not done in this game?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:53 pm

my impression of his process so far is that he has been focused on nitpicking others' posts to see if they're being consistent. i remember that he focuses on creating trust first.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 272, fua wrote:Looking back at it 265 is some of the LAMIST stuff I’ve ever seen.
I don't like this read.

Oh whats that, I missed a lot of posts?

Welp

Guess i am in readsville
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by Aristeia »

which posts do you believe are nitpicking and do you have an example of him doing this as scum in a previously completed game?
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:02 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 783, Aristeia wrote:
In post 751, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Datisi hasn't pressured me actually. Which makes me suspicious because if Datisi remembers me as the one who "ripped through town" in that one game, then he must have due cause to pressure me. Also, when prompted by Nero, he gave up assessing my meta at the mere sight of the word "daddy". I believe Datisi would have spent some proper time sorting me. Datisi is also bolder to announce his reads, however bad. He also tries to create a townblock in my experience. That doesn't happen here. His participation does not influence this game, which is pinging my bottom.
here you go
Aight, so, when I read back on your comment before about "He doesn't have any town-reads" and then you linked with that the town-block stuff, I don't really see that as scum indicative.

Aristeia wrote:But he's also stated today that he thinks people don't have enough alignment indicative material this early in the game to create reads and that he doesn't really have reads himself.

I think he's just being honest here. The way he's been playing with this "car-crash attitude" doesn't really seem like scum. The only reason I say this because I pulled similar shit in previous games as town. It's not as effective as "calculated" responses, but it's easy to get a town-tell read from, which I do at this point.
Negatory.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 318, tenebrousluminary wrote:VOTE: fua

This person chose to pick a fight with me because they perceived me as a weak player they could win an argument against, but their attack did not make sense. Furthermore, in the bottom of 266, they treat me like they know I am town.
In post 304, Datisi wrote:some people not mentioned in your list haven't even posted?? excuse me for asking i guess

class starting back again, cheers
I don't like the way Datisi focused on nitpicking rather than the substance of Nero Cain's argument.
I am starting to turn around on this slot
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 348, Datisi wrote: makes me like fire and dislike frogs, mostly the townread on generalwu for those posts is questionable
False

both players look good off of that post.

Fire doesn't see it as a sort of joke read as I initially did.

Frogs somehow justifies this read GeneralWu as like "Huh do you mind elaborating why maf have more motivation to make friends than town?" which feels like such a stretch that it just wounds up being a towny stretch.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:28 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 790, Nordom wrote:It's not as effective as "calculated" responses, but it's easy to get a town-tell read from, which I do at this point
can you clarify what you mean by this sentence, i don't know if I'm interpreting it correctly
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:28 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 351, Datisi wrote:is townie? probably not. do i wanna townread it anyway? yeah.

if i didn't know who monkey was, i'd scumread the shit out of that slot - but unless he has massively fallen out of shape, i'm just puzzled at his play here.
That's literally a copypasta T.T
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 406, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 400, Aristeia wrote:well I see a bunch of people who have tene/hem as scumreads and I think its better to consolidate pressure on one of them rather than split and have things go slower.
its 9 days till dl and there's still a good chunk of players that haven't posted. Seems a lil' early to talk wagon consolidation, no?
Man, I haven't had a lot of opinions on what Nero has said up to this point.

And then I see this, and this isn't it
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 421, Nero Cain wrote:Wu is not a real wagon she says.

Even if you disagree with it its the leading wagon (I presume)

just let things form organicly
what? no
In post 422, Aristeia wrote:why would i not push for the people i think are scummy to be wagoned rather than "let things form organicly"?
Exactly my thoughts.

As far as I can tell, Nero never responded to this
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:03 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 793, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 790, Nordom wrote:It's not as effective as "calculated" responses, but it's easy to get a town-tell read from, which I do at this point
can you clarify what you mean by this sentence, i don't know if I'm interpreting it correctly
What I mean by "calculated" is, in this context, being well-thought out and with precision. Precision to attack points with counter-arguments clearly and concisely.
Negatory.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:05 pm

Post by Datisi »

15 pages practically all about me? y'all are too kind.

i skimmed, and i was planning to just respond to things that were about me, but then i realized a *lot* of the things are about me. so i'll get to this when i'm back home today.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 798, Datisi wrote:15 pages practically all about me? y'all are too kind.

i skimmed, and i was planning to just respond to things that were about me, but then i realized a *lot* of the things are about me. so i'll get to this when i'm back home today.
:wink:
Negatory.