Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

There are rare situations such as the triple ko bellow that the normal ko rule cannot resolve. Many modern rule sets have
superko
rules that seek to resolve this by disallowing moves that return the board to any previous state but the details of those aren't important the vast majority of the time.

Official Votecount 1.7Datisi (4): skitter30, Yeet, humaneatingmonkey, Nordom
[E-6]

Nordom (4): DeasVail, Nero Cain, Datisi, tenebrousluminary
[E-6]

humaneatingmonkey (2): Aristeia, Cape90
fua (1): VP Baltar
Aristeia (1): Save The Dragons
Yeet (1): Frogsterking
GeneralWu (1): fua

Not Voting (5): Scorpious, MalcolmTucker, fireisredsir, Eyes without a face, GeneralWu

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to achieve an eliminaton.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-03-12 05:15:00).

click here for joined mod iso.
Get to know a Mizzy
Mafia - Currently playing: Nothing - Currently running: Large Normal 238
Mish Mash - Currently Playing: Nothing - Currently running: Nothing
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1047, Datisi wrote:
In post 1044, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1041, Datisi wrote:i'm sorry ari, i'm slightly paranoid you're so strongly defending me because you know i'm town and want me to like you :<
those things are both true when I am town as well dear
you do not know if i'm town when you are town, though
I haven't been that bad at reading you in our games together?

I guess if you are using the strict definition of "know" maybe but I tend to be an optimist at heart.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Datisi »

you did yell at me quite a bit a few times :c

but yeah, i was using the strict definition of "know".
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Aristeia »

well it's rough on me when you call me mafia >.>
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1043, Datisi wrote:do you think i should be townreading you?
obviously.
YOUR AD HERE
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1054, VP Baltar wrote:
obviously.
let me rephrase that: do you think that your play so far this game would be townread by towntisi? (inb4 "r u calling urself scum" yes, i know the question implies i'm mafia, i don't know how else to ask it, shut up)
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1046, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1040, VP Baltar wrote:oof on that VP read and Scorpious read. The rest I can kind of get.
why's scorpio get a specific call-out? "slightly town of null but non-headache-y" seems like a pretty unassuming spot for him to go. and i don't think you've made any comments about sorting scorp yourself
I don't see how anyone could have a read on Scorpious that is above null given they haven't actually done anything this game and when they do appear it is useless. While you're correct I haven't publicly commented on Scorpious, I was concerned toward the end of my catch up that they were just kind of fluff posting and no one was paying attention.

I tried to engage Scorpious to better suss out how I was feeling about them, but they never replied.
In post 683, VP Baltar wrote:Scorpious, are you caught up on the game now?
YOUR AD HERE
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:30 am

Post by Aristeia »

you could have just asked him what you should be townreading him for.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1055, Datisi wrote:
In post 1054, VP Baltar wrote:
obviously.
let me rephrase that: do you think that your play so far this game would be townread by towntisi? (inb4 "r u calling urself scum" yes, i know the question implies i'm mafia, i don't know how else to ask it, shut up)
lol, I have no clue what penetrates your paranoia about me if I'm being realistic.

I do think me calling out nord's nonsense while you weren't here is not something I'd probably do if I was scum, from your perspective, (and really is only likely to come from town!VP since I don't even know yet how I feel about you truly) but I don't know what goes on in that head of yours. Hipshots!
YOUR AD HERE
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

it is unfortunate Dats views the world through the lens of cautious paranoia but its also kind of endearing <3
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1058, VP Baltar wrote:Hipshots!
you used that word in 2195!! therefore it only makes sense you would use it again in an attempt to emulate the feeling of your townself from that game!!

i'll come back to the rest of that after a certain thing happens.
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1059, Aristeia wrote:it is unfortunate Dats views the world through the lens of cautious paranoia but its also kind of endearing <3
in 90% of cases, yes.

That LimLo in Guardians was excruciating!
YOUR AD HERE
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Aristeia »

it was made all the more memorable and entertaining by his tremendous paranoia and decision paralysis though!

He did get the right answer in the end so we shouldn't give him too much shit for it <3
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:49 am

Post by fua »

In post 1036, VP Baltar wrote:Ok, anyhow, moving on...

In post 1031, fua wrote:I haven’t been keeping tabs on the case on you because I’ve been kind of tunneled and focused on a few other players to the point where I just forgot what I thought of you. You hadn’t posted in a while so other people were more prevalent.
Where is your head at currently with your scum reads? I have a hard time tracking who you actually want to lim.
Town:
Malcolm - Reasons I've already explained. I think that he's level-headed and approaching situations with nuance, and also after going back through ISOs I agree that the case on Datisi.
Datisi - I've gone through ISOs and liked his posting a lot. I think it's a solid townie mindset and I don't see what other people see in him.
Nero - I know how Nero plays. This is probably town Nero. Handled GeneralWu well and I think he's right with that read.
Frogster - Weirdly misguided townie who seems way too overeager to catch a scum early. Could be right, but for the wrong reasons. Easy townie on my end and I can't see any associatives.
Skitter30 - I also think she is misguided town. I disagree with a chunk of her townreads and basically all of her scumreads except for maybe Eyes. I especially don't see a case on Nero at all.
STD - Has brought new ideas to the table and is putting in some effort to be visible and play the game. More of a townlean than full town, but still.

Townlean:
VP Baltar - I have issues with your list, but I think your questioning lines are genuine and you are attempting to sort people.
Cape90 - Same.

Null/Not enough info:
Eyes - Barely anything in their ISO and not enough to read them off of.
Tenebro - There have been a few posts I've really liked and a few I've really hated. I've cooled off on them though and I'm not going to revote them unless something changes down the line.
HEM - I can see his play coming from scum or just apathetic town. I think he's just snappy and confrontational in general and I don't see a case on him.
Ari - Not gonna talk about this slot right now, but I can see both cases.
Nordom - Probably just an insensitive moron. No idea what to make of him and I want to see how his replacement handles things.
Scorpious - He looks scummy, but that's true of literally every game he plays. It's not worth pursuing for now and I doubt there's any valuable info we can get out of it even if he does flip scum.

Scummy:
DeasVail - This is the slot I'm least sure on. I think depending on Nordom's alignment it could MAYBE go either way, but for right now I don't see how they can TR HEM with little explanation while SRing Nordom for his snappy dismissiveness. It feels a little bit inconsistent to me and like they're going with the easy route.
Fireisred - It's been pointed out that they're mostly playing the mediator and I'm inclined to agree. They've kind of been piling on to individual wagons and their three votes have just been whatever's easiest to pick out at the time. I think their callout of Tenebro was okay but I also want to see who they actually scumread throughout today.
Yeet - One of the more prominent pushers of the Datisi wagon. I think that Malcolm pointing out their inconsistency on the case on Datisi was a good thing, and going through their posts it kind of looks like they're pushing Datisi's posts into a scum mindset in a square peg round hole kind of deal. They briefly switched to skitter for not SRing Datisi like they did but switched back to him right after, so I don't really think they're actually taking new information into account.

Scum:
GeneralWu - Their ISO is a huge ball of nothing, they've got like 1-2 actual comments on the game compared to the game that Fire linked earlier where they got right down to business, and they ghosted the thread shortly after being called out by Nero and haven't posted in almost a day. My vote is staying here.

Is that good enough for you?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:53 am

Post by fua »

In post 1045, Datisi wrote:(before you ask, the tell is that if someone is mostly lurking, and when they post they're mostly shitposting without trying to appear townie, they're more likely town. this does not apply to players like not_mafia.

it also does not necessarily apply to scorpious, because i've seen fua say he always plays like this, and i don't have the knowledge to know whether he'd play like this as scum, which is why it's only weakly town!indicative)
I've played with Scorpious as both alignments including being on a scumteam with him and he's an incredibly easy miselim because he tends to be wildly wrong in his assumptions. Just because he's not playing optimally doesn't mean he's scum, but it also doesn't mean he's townie either. I feel like anyone looking at him at this point wants low hanging fruit to round out their scumreads and potentially get credit down the line if he is eliminated and happens to be scum. Neutral for me and I don't want to lim him until more things happen.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 635, Nordom wrote:
In post 633, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 630, Nordom wrote:Also, if you're voting for pressure why would you feel the need to announce it?
YOU WERE THE ONE THAT ASKED ME WHY!!!
Yeah, but why does every question have to met with an honest answer? Obviously town wants to be clear in their intent, but when you're talking about wanting to pressure for answers why announce it so the person you're scoping gets wind of it?
I do not wish to add more fuel here (I am way behind by the way) but this just doesn't make sense to me. You asked and he answered. End if story. Why be honest? The question is why to lie? What if Nero had no other reason? Did he have to invent some shit? And what if him being dishonest didn't convince anyone and made him look suspicious? I mean come on. If I was in Nero's shoes and I could find a good "fake" reason for my vote I'd have told the truth and come what may and I suspect everybody else would have done the same. Town only lie when there is something to gain from their lie.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1063, fua wrote:Is that good enough for you?
Gives me something to evaluate yes. I definitely think if you're town, we see the game extremely differently. But I'll stress test this later today after I finish some work.
YOUR AD HERE
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:56 am

Post by fua »

Good thing I am town and can give you a second opinion.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What if Fire/Ari are scum and know Wu is town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:59 am

Post by Aristeia »

I don't white knight the LHF as scum I take the easy lims when they come.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

what if the LHF was a scumbuddy, would you defend then?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:01 am

Post by fua »

In post 1068, Nero Cain wrote:What if Fire/Ari are scum and know Wu is town?
Hop back on Wu with me until we hear from Nord's replacement?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:02 am

Post by fua »

Fire and Wu might actually be scumbuddies now that I think about it. Especially since Fire linked a game where he plays completely differently to how he is now and stated that he looks townie here for it.
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Aristeia »

I define LHFs as town misyeets that are easy for the scum team to get.

If my scumbuddy was being bad I would probably just bus them.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm voting Wu. WOOOOOOOO

VOTE: Wu