NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 649, ofmercia wrote:If we miselim today our PRs most likely become useless btw. I vote the PRs claim here and share night results. That will truly assist with POE, and maybe we even got scum ;)
No.
What good is outing our PR's today?
We don't give scum that info.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:17 am

Post by ofmercia »

People always claim PRs are so important but never use them until it's too late.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

We are absolutely not outing our PR's today.
Anything else?
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:22 am

Post by ofmercia »

We should. We have nothing to work with and PRs will give us something. With a miselim today PRs will almost always be useless tomorrow, and can even be faked by mafia and counter claimed without room for error. Today mafia cannot fake claim or counter claim without sacrificing one of themselves.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:24 am

Post by ofmercia »

Only downside is if we are in column C we have a 2/9 chance of there only being 1 town PR. Which could complicate things for town as they'll be in the dark.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:26 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Look Mercia, your stance is very typical for a newbie game.
But in fact, outing our PR's "to solve" is bad.
We need to solve without even considering they are in the game, who are trying to solve for real? Who are fake solving? That's what you need to pay attention to, like PR's shouldn't even matter to you unless you are scum or one yourself. In which case you probably wouldn't be asking for them to claim right now, yes you literally just outed yourself as a VT to the mafia. You have already lowered the PoE for them by posting this argument, then again you are scumread by a lot of people so even though i think you are town i highly doubt you would have ever been the nightkill anyway. Mafia likely wants you as an miselimination if you are town here. And it doesn't help that you post blatantly scum-sided arguments like "Our PR's should claim today".
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 2.03
KittyTacky
(1): NorwegianboyEE

Not Voting
(6): ProgoWoshua, ofmercia, StrangeMatter, Frogsterking, KittyTacky, fwogcarf

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline
: (expired on 2022-03-09 11:21:56)
<(") | (")>
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 am

Post by ofmercia »

I like that playstyle but the fact is we've been given power roles. We should use them. Not allow scum to use them against us.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:29 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'd be open to PR's claiming next day if we don't limmed scum yet. And then it should be done in the manner where the towniest players will claim first, that way we can avoid the "scum can just fake claim PR" stuff you were talking about. I am completely against PR's claiming today for any reason unless they have vital information to share. And i'm going to assume they don't, in which case we should try to lim the scummiest players here. And i think that's including at least Kitty right now.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:29 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

No wait, it's the other way around. The scummiest players should claim first, that way the towny players can call out their BS if they try anything funny.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:33 am

Post by ofmercia »

Lol if we haven't limmed scum by tomorrow PR cannot safely claim. It'll get countered or mafia will even claim first. Just because you allow your town read to go first doesn't do anything to that fact. Whwt you're saying is instead of getting confirmed towns today you're going to risk it on a 50/50 tomorrow. A 50% chance for town to ouright lose the game. If town win the 50/50 tomorrow scum still have another chance.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

PR's in the newbie game are like the training wheels of mafia.
Good in a pinch or to lower the PoE, but you need to solve without just abusing the fact that they are there.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:36 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 660, ofmercia wrote:Whwt you're saying is instead of getting confirmed towns today you're going to risk it on a 50/50 tomorrow. A 50% chance for town to ouright lose the game. If town win the 50/50 tomorrow scum still have another chance.
It's not a 50/50.
I trust in my ability to recognize a true PR claim VS an fake PR claim. And it's really not as normal as you think it is for mafia to fake claim anyway. This setup is not good for fake claiming as mafia. It's in fact, extremely rare unless a scum player get's voted and fake claims a PR to out the other PR's and then likely get themselves killed but at least they'll know where to kill the next night.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

First of all, if a mafia player fake claims a PR that's not in this setup, both the real PR's can claim and instantly guilty the scum player for making a really dumb fake claim. That is because this is an open setup and there are only finite amount of possibilities for town PR's that can be in this game.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So most mafia players are in fact, just going to claim Vanilla Town.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:38 am

Post by ofmercia »

I get hiding it from scum on day 1 so that they don't get night killed and can use their role. They have used their role. It most likely has done jakc shit, and if they caught 1 then great for town, unless they hide this critical info for some reason.

The game is at stake here, it's much more useful to get confirmed towns than have, for example, a doctor that is hiding and protects a scum player at night, or protects someone who isnt the target. Then in the last day when it's do or die looks shady because hasnt been able to protect anyone and can be counter claimed freely.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:39 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 664, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So most mafia players are in fact, just going to claim Vanilla Town.
It's extremely hard for mafia to counter/fake claim on day 2. It's almost impossible. Day 3 (if there're two left) it's extremely easy, and will force a town to win a 50/50 for the chance to continue.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: ofmercia
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Norwee is my only town read

Kitty > Strange for final scum

rest null
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:41 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 661, NorwegianboyEE wrote:PR's in the newbie game are like the training wheels of mafia.
Good in a pinch or to lower the PoE, but you need to solve without just abusing the fact that they are there.
What? So you actually agree it's easier for town if they claim here but we should use our mafia detection skills as that is more honourable?
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:42 am

Post by ofmercia »

I guarantee that if we do not claim here today we will lose.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 669, ofmercia wrote:
In post 661, NorwegianboyEE wrote:PR's in the newbie game are like the training wheels of mafia.
What? So you actually agree it's easier for town if they claim here but we should use our mafia detection skills as that is more honourable?
Honour has nothing to do with it.
It is only in the favour of mafia for us to claim our PR's today as that gives them an clear goal of which slots to kill or eventually roleblock if we are in setup A.
The most efficient and powerful town PR is one that is hidden, not one that has openly claimed.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:47 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 671, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
It is only in the favour of mafia for us to claim our PR's today as that gives them an clear goal of which slots to kill or eventually roleblock if we are in setup A.
The most efficient and powerful town PR is one that is hidden, not one that has openly claimed.
Remember this tomorrow when you have 3 town PRs in the game.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Can you tell me your reads at the moment OfMercia. Who would you preferably eliminate today? Ignore town PR's for a sec and try to give me something i can work with.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:49 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 672, ofmercia wrote:
In post 671, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Remember this tomorrow when you have 3 town PRs in the game.
I don't like to be openly elitist like this, but don't you think i know what i'm talking about? I've played in probably close to 10 newbies at this point.