Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:32 am

Post by Yeet »

I’m very meh on Datisi’s second reason (I think there are plenty of reasons why scum!Aristeia might defend Datisi) but the first point feels like a mindmeld reason, which is akin to the kind of logic that appeals to me more.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:33 am

Post by fua »

In post 1624, humaneatingmonkey wrote:did you feel that ari was buddying you in any sort of you at that point in time?
This is what I was thinking earlier when I was talking to Mathblade.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Yeet »

What do people think of fua/if there is anything particular townie about them I would be interested. The predominant concern I have with this slot is that I see a very bland ISO which to me signals scum going through the motions.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:34 am

Post by fua »

Bland ISO? What do you want me to do, blown up like Nordom did?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Datisi »

like i know this might not be super helpful since it's coming from my pov but yeah

pedit: she 100% was buddying me, but she always does that regardless of alignment

to answer your actual question, not really. there was some general "what if she's defending me to white knight me!?!" paranoia, but when baltar said how he thought he wouldn't call someone out in my defense while i wasn't around as scum, i thought how that could as well apply to her

ppedit: the above pedit is re 1626
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

just add salt
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:35 am

Post by fua »

Mmm. Salty apples.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:35 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

meanwhile, i didn't really feel that ari was genuine with me. it felt like she chose her victim and went hard at it. like she decided that i'm it and i'm going down. it was always misrepresentation and hostility first (i even tried to deescalate), and i didn't feel that there was a legitimate attempt to sort me or give me any reasonable doubt. if pooky really was good, i doubt she would have decided that i was scum based on the lame stuff she had on me (that she mostly made up, btw - the "ghosting", the "busywork", and the "trap")
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Yeet »

Your tales feel very lukewarm and almost too straight/calculated and not as nuanced as some other slots. Many of your reads feel more like objective summaries/statements rather than feelings which I feel are more complicated. It could be a playstyle difference. This is purely a gut read, of course. I can do a deeper dive sometime if you would like.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Yeet »

*takes not tales.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:37 am

Post by fua »

I would also like to mention that HEM’s style of play is easy LHF because he tends to be snappy and blunt with his play, so he was kind of looking like LHF to me which is what made me hesitate and put him in neutral instead of jumping on him immediately.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:37 am

Post by fua »

In post 1633, Yeet wrote:Your tales feel very lukewarm and almost too straight/calculated and not as nuanced as some other slots. Many of your reads feel more like objective summaries/statements rather than feelings which I feel are more complicated. It could be a playstyle difference. This is purely a gut read, of course. I can do a deeper dive sometime if you would like.
What do you mean by lukewarm? Example?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Yeet »

The readslist I quoted stuck out to me, for one.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:41 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 1623, Datisi wrote:i can go through her iso later if you want
yes please, i'd rather not mislim a town pooky so if you can help me get a harder read, that would be great
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i agreed with ari and saw the monkey/her interaction making way more sense from her side. with monkey unknown alignment that had me leaning more town on her, but if monkey is town then that doesn't mean as much to me. i have mostly agreed with other things she's said too, but i haven't seen her make many reads besides monkey in a while
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Fua, if you felt Ari was being scummy in the Ari v HEM fight why would you agree that Fire was scummy for being the mediator in that fight?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:42 am

Post by fua »

Yeah, but the difference is that I’m not jumping on whatever the most popular wagon is just because it was in style to do so. I don’t see how SRing Ari, Deas. and Fire are lukewarm takes at all considering others look at them as consensus town and I’m interested in what your definition of lukewarm actually is. Who are your scumreads besides me? At the moment it just feels like OMGUS and nothing else. Even Skitter is voting me because my takes are the opposite of hers, so these are some strange double standards.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

She’s way more defensive than offensive than I care for.

Plus Ari is known for good reads and hers have been bad.

Like Ari was saying the HEM wagon feels Townie
But yet she isn’t been offensive on the people on my wagon.

She seems off.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:43 am

Post by fua »

In post 1640, Nero Cain wrote:Fua, if you felt Ari was being scummy in the Ari v HEM fight why would you agree that Fire was scummy for being the mediator in that fight?
It wasn’t necessarily being the mediator when she directly took Ari’s side anyway. I have reasons beyond that but I would prefer not to disclose them at the moment.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1641, fua wrote:Yeah, but the difference is that I’m not jumping on whatever the most popular wagon is just because it was in style to do so. I don’t see how SRing Ari, Deas. and Fire are lukewarm takes at all considering others look at them as consensus town and I’m interested in what your definition of lukewarm actually is. Who are your scumreads besides me? At the moment it just feels like OMGUS and nothing else. Even Skitter is voting me because my takes are the opposite of hers, so these are some strange double standards.
Plus the defense of Skitter was just “I’m wrong” and that’s it?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:44 am

Post by fua »

You don’t have to be unbiased to mediate and Fire has directly admitted that they took Ari’s side as well as literally stating they were playing mediator.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1640, Nero Cain wrote:Fua, if you felt Ari was being scummy in the Ari v HEM fight why would you agree that Fire was scummy for being the mediator in that fight?
because now they decided I'm not the mediator anymore cause that doesn't suit the new narrative of me "hopping to Ari's defense" (which tbh is probably more accurate anyway, i believe I was on the side of REASON and LOGIC as always but i think that was more ari's side)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1254, Mizzytastic wrote:
So how do we reach scoring? A game of go ends when both players pass, agreeing that there is nothing more they can do. Then they look to see if they agree on which stones on the board are alive or would inevitably be captured, and if they disagree they start playing again until they agree, and pass again.

Official Votecount 1.9humaneatingmonkey (6): Aristeia, VP Baltar, skitter30, Datisi, fireisredsir, Yeet
[E-4]

MathBlade (4): DeasVail, tenebrousluminary, Cape90, Nero Cain
GeneralWu (2): fua, Save The Dragons
Datisi (1): humaneatingmonkey
Cape90 (1): MathBlade
Yeet (1): Frogsterking

Not Voting (5): Scorpious, MalcolmTucker, Eyes without a face, GeneralWu

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to achieve an eliminaton.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-03-12 05:15:00).

click here for joined mod iso.
It’s a pretty outlandish claim all of herself, VP, Skitter, Datisi, fire, and Yeet are all town.
It’s even more outlandish DV, tene, Cape, and Nero are all town.

I want Ari to push someone rather than just say pushes are bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 1641, fua wrote:Yeah, but the difference is that I’m not jumping on whatever the most popular wagon is just because it was in style to do so. I don’t see how SRing Ari, Deas. and Fire are lukewarm takes at all considering others look at them as consensus town and I’m interested in what your definition of lukewarm actually is. Who are your scumreads besides me? At the moment it just feels like OMGUS and nothing else. Even Skitter is voting me because my takes are the opposite of hers, so these are some strange double standards.
This was a really weird reaction to my push
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:47 am

Post by fua »

In post 1075, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1063, fua wrote:They've kind of been piling on to individual wagons and their three votes have just been whatever's easiest to pick out at the time. I think their callout of Tenebro was okay but I also want to see who they actually scumread throughout today.
mm idk about this characterization. mediator, sure ok, that's just kinda what i do sometimes. dunno why thats a scummy thing.
So this doesn’t mean anything?