Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by tenebrousluminary »

Wu, since you are here and seem caught up, do you have any scumreads that aren't based on them voting for you?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and why are you like, idk...VP has been hard pushing you for a while now. Why is your focus on me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 2096, fua wrote:
In post 2073, Nero Cain wrote:a vig claim is totally not something a mafia would say...
A vig claim is indeed something a mafia wouldn't say, unless mafia somehow knows there will be two kills each night.
Or a mafia claiming to be a vig can say "I've been roleblocked the entire time!" or something like that.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2099, GeneralWu wrote:I sorta have the same feeling
what gives you the feeling that there is scum in the hood?

if its just b/c you scumread me why then do you say "it could be 4 townies" while not thinking i am town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

I think it's noteworthy that Aristeia suddenly started talking a lot in the last several pages.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 2103, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2099, GeneralWu wrote:I sorta have the same feeling
what gives you the feeling that there is scum in the hood?

if its just b/c you scumread me why then do you say "it could be 4 townies" while not thinking i am town?
No, I just think that the mod wouldn't make a neighborhood for no reason.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

What do you think of Skitter Wu?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

hoods are just WIFOM. It's like fairly common to add scum into the hood though it doesn't necessarily mean that a hood must contain scum but I felt like both Skitter and VP were scummy and claiming to be in a hood shines a spotlight on them.

tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 2100, tenebrousluminary wrote:Wu, since you are here and seem caught up, do you have any scumreads that aren't based on them voting for you?
Hello? Is anyone home?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by fua »

In post 2099, GeneralWu wrote:Also Nero, why do you think there has to be scum in the neighborhood?
I sorta have the same feeling, but it could just be 4 townies too, right?
6 townies in hoods is wild.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon
Pronoun:

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 2106, MathBlade wrote:What do you think of Skitter Wu?
I definitely feel that based on wagons, she seems suspicious. I'll quote the mod posts later; I have to leave now.
In post 2107, Nero Cain wrote:hoods are just WIFOM. It's like fairly common to add scum into the hood though it doesn't necessarily mean that a hood must contain scum but I felt like both Skitter and VP were scummy and claiming to be in a hood shines a spotlight on them.
Maybe, but I just thought that usually the mod would say "this is a weird/BM setup" if we're going to get WIFOMed.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2109, fua wrote:
In post 2099, GeneralWu wrote:Also Nero, why do you think there has to be scum in the neighborhood?
I sorta have the same feeling, but it could just be 4 townies too, right?
6 townies in hoods is wild.
Agreed
VOTE: Skitter
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Yeet »

VOTE: skitter That is an unfortunate development.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2112, Yeet wrote:VOTE: skitter That is an unfortunate development.
What is unfortunate?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

let's split up math VOTE: GeneralWu i wanna see what happens if I park my vote here. this slot has plot armor.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Sounds good.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:01 pm

fua, what are your reads? doesn't have to be a list, just walk me through who's on your shitlist.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 2113, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2112, Yeet wrote:VOTE: skitter That is an unfortunate development.
What is unfortunate?
That fua was the vig (likely) and not scum.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:04 pm

you guys are hella mean. you keep asking mathblade why he thinks Ari is scum, and then keep yelling at him for repeating what he thinks. what do you guys expect? his answer will change overtime to be more like yours?

very charismatic.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:09 pm

you guys even said it. the beauty of forum mafia is that you can return to previous pages to see how ari's wagon formed. it was never understated, you guys just refused to look at it because... i don't know why you wouldn't evaluate a slot that was in the top pick? was it purposeful?

the appeal that "she would never be contrarian if she's scum" doesn't even hold up. scum would literally do anything. and we can see — it even worked out for her slot.

maybe it's better that the slot would be replaced so we can reset our infatuation for the slot.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

sorry monkey

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i like this monkey better than the earlier one. monkey, math said you had an ari case and he was gonna let you make it yourself, in . would you like to share or is it not relevant now that it's getting replaced?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by fua »

In post 2116, humaneatingmonkey wrote:fua, what are your reads? doesn't have to be a list, just walk me through who's on your shitlist.
Shitlist is Skitter, Wu, Ari’s slot, Fire, Yeet, and possibly Tenebro for now. Subject to change later, and doesn’t include Eyes or Scorpious because they’re not worth pursuing at the moment.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by fua »

Depending on flips it could easily completely turn around.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:52 pm

i was the same monkey.
In post 1632, humaneatingmonkey wrote:meanwhile, i didn't really feel that ari was genuine with me. it felt like she chose her victim and went hard at it. like she decided that i'm it and i'm going down. it was always misrepresentation and hostility first (i even tried to deescalate), and i didn't feel that there was a legitimate attempt to sort me or give me any reasonable doubt. if pooky really was good, i doubt she would have decided that i was scum based on the lame stuff she had on me (that she mostly made up, btw - the "ghosting", the "busywork", and the "trap")
ari was more interested in getting me lynched than actually finding town/scum. have you noticed how little she participated after it was revealed that i was a mason? additionally she had a tenebrou scumread that she didn't follow-through from her POV. first she was posturing to sheep datisi (in what i read as an attempt to buddy datisi), then she moves on to vote from a nothing-slot. later, she claimed she scumread wu, but wouldn't join that anyway. it was clear she was being contrarian, and datisi would claim this was town-indicative. i would say that it's not indicative of anything, just that she wanted to be contrarian. what is apparent is that this strategy worked if she was scum, because she was defended heavily.

all of this is background information now that she has been replaced.