Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 2187, Frogsterking wrote:Holy crap what the hell did I miss??
Judging by your post just above this one I'd guess you missed the effect of some blackhole at the other end of the universe or something. (and crap it is my friend. Crap it is indeed)
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2400, Eyes without a face wrote:
Judging by your post just above this one I'd guess you missed the effect of some blackhole at the other end of the universe or something. (and crap it is my friend. Crap it is indeed)
Is there any reason you're unable to answer the questionnaire, Eye? Question 3 has been revised:
"With sufficient technology can all low scope low testability questions be made testable?"
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:04 pm

In post 2223, Yeet wrote:I'm not really sure what people have anxieties about in my 1206 other than theories about my scum!motivation? I explained my thoughts there and I stand by the fact that it was necessary to move the game along voting the largest wagon that I didn't townread. I also wanted to show others that I was willing to compromise to set a tone to push the game forward. I guess I could've voted Wu who is kind of just at pure null for me but I thought the game was moving a bit slowly and as I said HEM became a bit more nullish for me than I originally tried to defend him for. If you wanted to pin me down on why,
I guess part of me loses a bit of confidence in a read when I present arguments for someone being town based off of a reasoning that I feel might be a specific process for myself, and get shut down by multiple people
(which is what I felt happened, notably from fire and Aristeia). But at the end of the day it was just a feeling that I had enough doubt there that I could justify compromising.

I think it's somewhat unlucky that we've hit (probably) two townies (HEM and fua) but I would rather take that risk than just do nothing the whole day. I agree that it's probably fine to slow the game down a little bit (but not to a ridiculous degree, we should still compromise to a degree and push people).
I'm not voting this because I very much sympathize with the bolded.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:08 pm

In post 2236, Datisi wrote:why are there only five pages for me to catch up on?
I don't know if serious or sarcasm but I will assume sarcasm so that I won't have negative feelings towards you for the rest of the game.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:08 pm

Oh and based on that assumption I should have added: ha ha
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2395, Eyes without a face wrote:OK, mod says I can still play. No harm done. the thing is I was skimming hard and couldn't grasp a thing. I didn't even realize Math had claimed a mason until someone asked him why he outed. Also I missed Nero's hood claim until someone asked him the same. I suspect there's plenty of such details that I have missed and I didn't think that was fair for town collectively.

Today looks better (only 10 more pages) so I guess I can try to read those and then see if there are references to previous posts to check them or just keep on reading from here and ignore everything that happened before until someone makes a mention of it.
Happy to answer any catch up Qs you have. As long as you know the mainpoints, you should be able to get back in the game fine
YOUR AD HERE
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2402, Eyes without a face wrote:
In post 2223, Yeet wrote:I'm not really sure what people have anxieties about in my 1206 other than theories about my scum!motivation? I explained my thoughts there and I stand by the fact that it was necessary to move the game along voting the largest wagon that I didn't townread. I also wanted to show others that I was willing to compromise to set a tone to push the game forward. I guess I could've voted Wu who is kind of just at pure null for me but I thought the game was moving a bit slowly and as I said HEM became a bit more nullish for me than I originally tried to defend him for. If you wanted to pin me down on why,
I guess part of me loses a bit of confidence in a read when I present arguments for someone being town based off of a reasoning that I feel might be a specific process for myself, and get shut down by multiple people
(which is what I felt happened, notably from fire and Aristeia). But at the end of the day it was just a feeling that I had enough doubt there that I could justify compromising.

I think it's somewhat unlucky that we've hit (probably) two townies (HEM and fua) but I would rather take that risk than just do nothing the whole day. I agree that it's probably fine to slow the game down a little bit (but not to a ridiculous degree, we should still compromise to a degree and push people).
I'm not voting this because I very much sympathize with the bolded.
do you really think scum couldn't say that
aka Fenrir
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

@nero, you going to get on this Wu wagon now?
YOUR AD HERE
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no, I said I'd hammer. You still aren't reading my posts.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:19 pm

In post 2273, Mizzytastic wrote:Nero Cain(1): Nero Cain
WTF? Why is Nero's vote on himself?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2408, Nero Cain wrote:no, I said I'd hammer. You still aren't reading my posts.
I did read the NM joke, but I guess you were serious
YOUR AD HERE
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:21 pm

In post 2282, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2186, Frogsterking wrote:Hey guys! I just worked on this questionnaire with my friend to help with scumhunting! It was built around the idea that mafia forums are a low scope low testability domain.

Here's the "low-scope low-testability scumhunting questionnaire:"

#1 How does the wave function evolve?
#2 Does wave function imply many worlds?
#3 Have we used all the available technology?
#4 Do we live in a simulation?
Scorpius please answer these
VOTE: Frogsterking

This is definitely counterproductive
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2409, Eyes without a face wrote:
you'd know if you were reading. You gonna reply to my replies?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2412, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2409, Eyes without a face wrote:
you'd know if you were reading. You gonna reply to my replies?
He's trying to catch up, chill
YOUR AD HERE
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:28 pm

In post 2301, Frogsterking wrote: alright scorpius is at least willing to cooperate and the scorpius slot is cool in my book. I think the rep in for Eyes should fill out the questionnaire as well. Im going to look over Scorpius answers now.
Check this youtube channel and pay special attention to Dr Sean Carroll's lectures maybe.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, he's quoting a VC from and I self voted in so unless he's reading backwards shouldn't he already know?

Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:47 pm

In post 2396, Nero Cain wrote:Why was it not fair to town to out the hood?
What? I said it was not fair to town that I should miss a whole lot of details, not that the details were not fair to out.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok

Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:50 pm

In post 2397, Nero Cain wrote:also, VP is a claimed asetic and would have been a pretty good d1 lunch.
Wait! Ascetic + Vig + 2 Masons = 4 PRs, or are you making special notice of your read on VP to exclude him from the outed "T"PRs?
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:55 pm

In post 2401, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2400, Eyes without a face wrote:
Is there any reason you're unable to answer the questionnaire, Eye? Question 3 has been revised:
"With sufficient technology can all low scope low testability questions be made testable?"
Yes there is and it's quite simple. It's this shit that I play mafia to get away from. Mafia is a less tense activity that I do for fun to try and rest my brain from that precise type of science (and no I am not a student per say but I am interested in trying to understand these kinds of theories)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

not really. He claimed willingly and claiming ascetic is the correct play. The question is is he a town asetic, a scum asetic, or scum fake claiming ascetic. The 2 mason claims and the "vig" claim were outted via run up and there is a difference between willingly outting and getting ran up and outting your pr to stay alive.

And even if I was so what? He's prob scum anyways.

Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:59 pm

In post 2406, Save The Dragons wrote:do you really think scum couldn't say that
I didn't say I townread them for saying it. I said I sympathize with it because it happens to me and I feel the same (and I will keep it at that for now so I'd appreciate you letting it slide for a few more days maybe)
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:06 pm

In post 2415, Nero Cain wrote:Well, he's quoting a VC from and I self voted in so unless he's reading backwards shouldn't he already know?
Well if
you
were reading you'd have known I almost left the game by 2136
because I couldn't keep up
. That means I didn't read properly back than and I came back and decided to read the new posts only unless there was a reference to the old ones.

But thank you for linking 2048 for me. I understand it now.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:09 pm

In post 2420, Nero Cain wrote:He's prob scum anyways.
Not my read of him. Sorry. On my -somewhat short- read list you, VP and fua are all joint third after the 2 masons
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

y is VP so townie?