MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2747, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2703, Cape90 wrote:not sure how much playing of mafia since 2008 has helped him, like come on, I was a literal child back then
this made me realize that some people here have probs been playing mafia since before i was born and that is kinda terrifying
Since I was in my teens and am now in mid 30s.
You got an old person here
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:11 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 126, Mizzytastic wrote:
Go is often said to have three rules, of which the first is capturing stones. The four intersections connecting to a stone are it's liberties. If your opponent surrounds all the liberties of a stone it is captured. A stone with only one liberty left is in
atari
, which is where the game company get it's name from,

Image Image Image

Official Votecount 1.1Datisi (2): skitter30, tenebrousluminary
[E-8]

tenebrousluminary (2): Datisi, fireisredsir
[E-8]

skitter30 (1): Yeet
Yeet (1): Frogsterking

Not Voting (13): Scorpious, Save The Dragons, Nero Cain, DeasVail, MalcolmTucker, fua, Eyes without a face, VP Baltar, Aristeia, Cape90, Nordom, humaneatingmonkey, GeneralWu

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to achieve an eliminaton.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-03-12 05:15:00).
In post 253, Mizzytastic wrote:
Stones connected horizontally and vertically form groups. To capture a group all the liberties of all the stones need to be taken.

Image Image Image

Official Votecount 1.2Datisi (4): tenebrousluminary, skitter30, Yeet, humaneatingmonkey
[E-6]

humaneatingmonkey (3): Aristeia, Cape90, Nero Cain
tenebrousluminary (2): fireisredsir, fua
skitter30 (1): Datisi

Not Voting (8): Scorpious, Save The Dragons, DeasVail, MalcolmTucker, Eyes without a face, VP Baltar, Nordom, GeneralWu

There was an error in this vote count where
Yeet
was listed as voting
skitter30
. It was fixed as of post
In post 475, Mizzytastic wrote:
The second rule of go is the suicide rule. You cannot play in a position that reduces the liberties of one of your groups to zero, resulting in it being captured.

Official Votecount 1.3GeneralWu (4): Nero Cain, fua, VP Baltar, tenebrousluminary
[E-6]

Datisi (3): skitter30, Yeet, humaneatingmonkey
tenebrousluminary (2): fireisredsir, Save The Dragons
humaneatingmonkey (2): Aristeia, Cape90

Not Voting (6): Scorpious, DeasVail, MalcolmTucker, Eyes without a face, Nordom, GeneralWu

In post 625, Mizzytastic wrote:
It isn't suicide to play a stone that captures your opponents stones, even if it has no liberties before the capture removes those stones.

Image Image Image

Official Votecount 1.4Datisi (5): skitter30, Yeet, humaneatingmonkey, Nordom, tenebrousluminary
[E-5]

humaneatingmonkey (3): Aristeia, Cape90, VP Baltar
Yeet (2): Frogsterking, Nero Cain
Eyes without a face (1): Save The Dragons
tenebrousluminary (1): fireisredsir
GeneralWu (1): fua

Not Voting (5): Scorpious, DeasVail, MalcolmTucker, Eyes without a face, GeneralWu

In post 904, Mizzytastic wrote:
The third rule of go is
ko
which prevents situations where a player immediately returns the board back to the previous position. In the image below if you have just played one of the red marked stones your opponent could not immediately capture back.

Official Votecount 1.6Datisi (5): skitter30, Yeet, humaneatingmonkey, Nordom, tenebrousluminary
[E-5]

Nordom (3): fireisredsir, DeasVail, Nero Cain
humaneatingmonkey (2): Aristeia, Cape90
fua (1): VP Baltar
Eyes without a face (1): Save The Dragons
GeneralWu (1): fua

Not Voting (4): Scorpious, MalcolmTucker, Eyes without a face, GeneralWu

click here for joined mod iso.
Apologies for the big quotes, but I'm really interested in how the Datisi heat suddenly died off after a while. Like, there's obviously some confirmed town in here, but I always felt like the Datisi heat was pretty poorly constructed and didn't work. Increasingly I'm wondering if there's some solid logic here in the idea that some mafia themselves started to realise it was a rubbish wagon and directed their attentions elsewhere before it got them into more trouble.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2712, Yeet wrote:Cape and Baltar is probably TvT.
what makes you believe that Baltar is town?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2552, MathBlade wrote:3) The lack of noticing who is on the playerlist doesn’t correspond to their shot claim. They said “someone who started with F” okay still multiple people. If they intended it to be one fua would have just said the name. Instead Skitter goes why fire and Fua goes along with it.

So Fua can’t have suddenly forgot Frog exists while making a PoE of who they shot. That seems off.
This isn't entirely unpersuasive.

The lack of a CC thing is notable though. You'd expect a second killing role in a game this size.
YOUR AD HERE
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2749, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2746, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2744, tenebrousluminary wrote:It feels like at least one of VP and Yeet is scum in this interaction.
Maybe. What are your thoughts on Scorpious?
I gave an opinion on him a few posts ago. Light town because I think scum would stop the line of posting he's made upon observing that no one likes it.
I don’t think so.

I think that’s inaccurate.

I think Scorpious is a newb scum who doesn’t know how to fake reads (or an old scum that doesn’t care to).

Sure he may not be able to read the entire game if town but a read is not too much to ask.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2753, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2552, MathBlade wrote:3) The lack of noticing who is on the playerlist doesn’t correspond to their shot claim. They said “someone who started with F” okay still multiple people. If they intended it to be one fua would have just said the name. Instead Skitter goes why fire and Fua goes along with it.

So Fua can’t have suddenly forgot Frog exists while making a PoE of who they shot. That seems off.
This isn't entirely unpersuasive.

The lack of a CC thing is notable though. You'd expect a second killing role in a game this size.
It’s why I am letting it sit until after work.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:13 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 2754, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2749, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2746, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2744, tenebrousluminary wrote:It feels like at least one of VP and Yeet is scum in this interaction.
Maybe. What are your thoughts on Scorpious?
I gave an opinion on him a few posts ago. Light town because I think scum would stop the line of posting he's made upon observing that no one likes it.
I don’t think so.

I think that’s inaccurate.

I think Scorpious is a newb scum who doesn’t know how to fake reads (or an old scum that doesn’t care to).

Sure he may not be able to read the entire game if town but a read is not too much to ask.
Hence, light. This is not impossible at all.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2374, Mizzytastic wrote:
The last step is
komi
, the bonus points awarded to white for making black go first. In most rules it is either 6.5 or 7.5, with the .5 being to avoid draws. Following Japanese rules, which uses territory counting and 6.5 komi that would be black winning by +11.5.

Official Votecount 1.17Yeet (4): Frogsterking, humaneatingmonkey, VP Baltar, Datisi
[E-6]

GeneralWu (3): tenebrousluminary, fireisredsir, Yeet
fua (2): skitter30, April Ludgate
skitter30 (2): fua, MathBlade
Nero Cain(1): Nero Cain
Eyes without a face (1): Cape90
April Ludgate (1): Save The Dragons

Not Voting (5): Scorpious, DeasVail, MalcolmTucker, Eyes without a face, GeneralWu

click here for joined mod iso.
I beleive I saw this VC and assumed that General didn't gain majority, dude gained majority really fast and 2 people got off Yeet
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2739, Yeet wrote:
In post 2734, fireisredsir wrote:i genuinely think that town overall is being towny here to the point where scum is running out of places to push, and i think a few people have expressed that sentiment lately and i expect at least one of them to be scum just being honest
Who else has expressed that sentiment and why are you singling me out?
tene in . i already think he's scum. p sure someone else did but i forgot who and can't find it now. i asked you bc i do not townread VP in the cape exchange and thought that maybe you do for a reason
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:15 am

In post 2758, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2734, fireisredsir wrote:i genuinely think that town overall is being towny here to the point where scum is running out of places to push, and i think a few people have expressed that sentiment lately and i expect at least one of them to be scum just being honest
tene in . i already think he's scum. p sure someone else did but i forgot who and can't find it now. i asked you bc i do not townread VP in the cape exchange and thought that maybe you do for a reason
"Town is playing townlike" and "I'm not sure who is scum" aren't the same thing.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, ok look, finding scum that are using their words and actually have a thread presence can be hard, especially for a non Mith tier player like myself. I mean, I have played a number of games where scum just does...like literally nothing the whole game and while its mathmaticly impossible for scum to be just eyes/scorp...i think eyes could just very well be scum.

VOTE: eyes
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:16 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2758, fireisredsir wrote:
Tene wagon?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2760, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, ok look, finding scum that are using their words and actually have a thread presence can be hard, especially for a non Mith tier player like myself. I mean, I have played a number of games where scum just does...like literally nothing the whole game and while its mathmaticly impossible for scum to be just eyes/scorp...i think eyes could just very well be scum.

I wagon scorp in that pair every time not eyes.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:17 am

In post 2760, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, ok look, finding scum that are using their words and actually have a thread presence can be hard, especially for a non Mith tier player like myself. I mean, I have played a number of games where scum just does...like literally nothing the whole game and while its mathmaticly impossible for scum to be just eyes/scorp...i think eyes could just very well be scum.

Really? You finally get traction on your push against VP and promptly abandon it? Again?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2569, skitter30 wrote:@frof i like fire because they're making good, cogent points abt the game in a pique-ish manner that wont endear them to anybody. They're trying to solve but arent trying to end up on anyone's 'good' list
Really? I mean, I don't think fire is super scummy, but I don't see fire as being particularly prickly either.

While I have you, who were you scumreading coming into today before this whole fua fight? Setting fua aside, who is scum on the Wu wagon?
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2569, skitter30 wrote:@frof i like fire because they're making good, cogent points abt the game in a pique-ish manner that wont endear them to anybody. They're trying to solve but arent trying to end up on anyone's 'good' list
Really? I mean, I don't think fire is super scummy, but I don't see fire as being particularly prickly either.

While I have you, who were you scumreading coming into today before this whole fua fight? Setting fua aside, who is scum on the Wu wagon?
YOUR AD HERE
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2751, MalcolmTucker wrote:Apologies for the big quotes, but I'm really interested in how the Datisi heat suddenly died off after a while. Like, there's obviously some confirmed town in here, but I always felt like the Datisi heat was pretty poorly constructed and didn't work. Increasingly I'm wondering if there's some solid logic here in the idea that some mafia themselves started to realise it was a rubbish wagon and directed their attentions elsewhere before it got them into more trouble.
experienced scum probably would know that a datisi lim day 1 in a game this large isn't likely to work. but tene probably wouldn't know that

VOTE: tenebro
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2761, MathBlade wrote:Tene wagon?
yes please
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

GTKAS -- MathBlade
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2703, Cape90 wrote:not sure how much playing of mafia since 2008 has helped him, like come on, I was a literal child back then
i feel so old now
aka Fenrir
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

is there really traction on Vp aren't like 2 only voting there? and even if VP is scum there are 3 outside but im ok with voting a scummy annoying asetic.

VOTE: vp
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:21 am

Post by fireisredsir »

hello ill be your VP of today, but instead of calling for wagons on wu and monkey who were both town, i will be calling for wagons on tene and VP who are both scum
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2757, Cape90 wrote:I beleive I saw this VC and assumed that General didn't gain majority, dude gained majority really fast and 2 people got off Yeet
EBWOP: 3 actually, FrogsterKing was the ONLY one that stayed, EoD VC is which really isn't that long of a time from the other VC I pulled up, like it really isn't

Datisi/VP/
humaneatingmonkey

I find the other 2 here... interesting.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2771, fireisredsir wrote:hello ill be your VP of today, but instead of calling for wagons on wu and monkey who were both town, i will be calling for wagons on tene and VP who are both scum
Not sold on VP.

Tene/Scorpio is a good start

Tene pushed a lurker but didn’t want my choice of lurker

Meaning if Tene is scum Scorpio probably is too
GTKAS -- MathBlade
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:23 am

In post 2766, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2751, MalcolmTucker wrote:Apologies for the big quotes, but I'm really interested in how the Datisi heat suddenly died off after a while. Like, there's obviously some confirmed town in here, but I always felt like the Datisi heat was pretty poorly constructed and didn't work. Increasingly I'm wondering if there's some solid logic here in the idea that some mafia themselves started to realise it was a rubbish wagon and directed their attentions elsewhere before it got them into more trouble.
experienced scum probably would know that a datisi lim day 1 in a game this large isn't likely to work. but tene probably wouldn't know that

Just because I have not played mafia here before does not mean I have not played mafia before. I can see that Datisi is charismatic and respected by some of the other players here. In this scenario, I would also have scum partners who could tell me such a thing. His posts simply became better, and that is why I dropped my suspicion. I believe even Datisi would agree that his posts became townier later in Day 1.