MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:24 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

What was ever actually wrong with Datisi's posts though? Like I'm still not seeing it.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:24 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2773, MathBlade wrote:Not sold on VP.
im not either tbh but there's things that look scummy to me and i think it's a good wagon
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:25 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 2770, Nero Cain wrote:is there really traction on Vp aren't like 2 only voting there? and even if VP is scum there are 3 outside but im ok with voting a scummy annoying asetic.

VOTE: vp
Only a couple votes, perhaps, but there is also at least one me contemplating him as possible scum too.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2607, Cape90 wrote:Firstly, I thought the votes were still split between Yeet and GeneralWu. So I didn't even think we were near hammer, which is why I kept talking.
ok, hadn't gotten to this post yet in my catch up.

You surely saw there was a series of votes on Wu rapidly at that point didn't you? Did you look at the vote count before you voted?
YOUR AD HERE
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2747, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2703, Cape90 wrote:not sure how much playing of mafia since 2008 has helped him, like come on, I was a literal child back then
this made me realize that some people here have probs been playing mafia since before i was born and that is kinda terrifying
i feel attacked right now
aka Fenrir
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2608, Cape90 wrote:
In post 2607, Cape90 wrote:So I didn't even think we were near hammer, which is why I kept talking.
Also this part

I would think this would be pretty self-evident which makes me suspicious that you question me on this VP
How is that self evident? That's not evident to me at all. There were like three or four rapid votes on him after me.
YOUR AD HERE
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:27 am

In post 2773, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2771, fireisredsir wrote:hello ill be your VP of today, but instead of calling for wagons on wu and monkey who were both town, i will be calling for wagons on tene and VP who are both scum
Not sold on VP.

Tene/Scorpio is a good start

Tene pushed a lurker but didn’t want my choice of lurker

Meaning if Tene is scum Scorpio probably is too
Why am I not allowed to have my own opinions? I was already discussing which lurkers I suspected before you asked me about it, did you expect me to suddenly change my mind?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2547, skitter30 wrote:And for the second: nero
It's day 2 and we are 100+ pages in and I'm your sole scum read?!?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2776, fireisredsir wrote:
im not either tbh but there's things that look scummy to me and i think it's a good wagon
I’d much prefer tene and Scorpio over VP.
VP’s play reminds me of the game I was recently with him. He was widely scumread but a PR. I think people perceive him as a viable target whatever his alignment. He could be scum but I trust HEM’s read of tene and Scorpio more.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2781, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2773, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2771, fireisredsir wrote:hello ill be your VP of today, but instead of calling for wagons on wu and monkey who were both town, i will be calling for wagons on tene and VP who are both scum
Not sold on VP.

Tene/Scorpio is a good start

Tene pushed a lurker but didn’t want my choice of lurker

Meaning if Tene is scum Scorpio probably is too
Why am I not allowed to have my own opinions? I was already discussing which lurkers I suspected before you asked me about it, did you expect me to suddenly change my mind?
No. I just find it coincidence I vote Scorpio you vote eyes

If you genuinely didn’t care which lurker you’d be okay with Scorpio.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:29 am

I did not vote Eyes. What are you talking about?

I never said I did not care which lurker, either. I clearly do care. Are you attributing someone else's posts to me?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2610, MathBlade wrote:This doesn’t make sense at all.
Discussing reads in hoods is protown
Pushing people to post is protown.

Can you elaborate on why you say this?

And the hood should be used regardless of scum presence.
I don't agree. There is too much suspicion in the hood for it to be useful right now. People should post their thoughts in the main thread so everyone can see, and the night posting is just giving potential guidance to scum. If it gets purged of scum or we get strong town reads of people in the hood, then it becomes useful as a soft-mason thread. Otherwise, hoods are kind of meh.
YOUR AD HERE
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:30 am

i think yeet looks bad today
aka Fenrir
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2611, Cape90 wrote:I am gonna be honest, I wasn't counting at all, I just remembered this one VC I saw and thought we were approximately there it was like you had 4 votes and Wu had 5 or something. There might have been a very quick shift in threadstate because it really wasn't that far off from where I was.
Note to self to go back and review the thread leading up to Cape's vote.
YOUR AD HERE
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2786, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2610, MathBlade wrote:This doesn’t make sense at all.
Discussing reads in hoods is protown
Pushing people to post is protown.

Can you elaborate on why you say this?

And the hood should be used regardless of scum presence.
I don't agree. There is too much suspicion in the hood for it to be useful right now. People should post their thoughts in the main thread so everyone can see, and the night posting is just giving potential guidance to scum. If it gets purged of scum or we get strong town reads of people in the hood, then it becomes useful as a soft-mason thread. Otherwise, hoods are kind of meh.
Lmao when there’s suspicions it’s most useful. Agree to disagree. Nearly every game with constant hoods is a drain on scum as they are forced to stay Townie.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2763, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2760, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, ok look, finding scum that are using their words and actually have a thread presence can be hard, especially for a non Mith tier player like myself. I mean, I have played a number of games where scum just does...like literally nothing the whole game and while its mathmaticly impossible for scum to be just eyes/scorp...i think eyes could just very well be scum.

VOTE: eyes
Really? You finally get traction on your push against VP and promptly abandon it? Again?
My bad I was reading and posts blurred

VOTE: Unvote
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:34 am

i'd go on scorpius with you math
aka Fenrir
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:34 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2783, MathBlade wrote:
VP’s play reminds me of the game I was recently with him. He was widely scumread but a PR. I think people perceive him as a viable target whatever his alignment. He could be scum but I trust HEM’s read of tene and Scorpio more.
hrmm, intereshting. i have not meta read VP yet maybe i should. i wouldn't have guessed that tho, if that's the case it makes me a little less interested. early on i had him read as strong poster relatively helpful townie, but some things made me start to not trust. if he often draws suspicion then... eh. could still be scum but im kinda less into it

monkey scumread tene tho? idr him talking about that in thread
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:35 am

VOTE: scorpius see
aka Fenrir
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2792, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2783, MathBlade wrote:
hrmm, intereshting. i have not meta read VP yet maybe i should. i wouldn't have guessed that tho, if that's the case it makes me a little less interested. early on i had him read as strong poster relatively helpful townie, but some things made me start to not trust. if he often draws suspicion then... eh. could still be scum but im kinda less into it

monkey scumread tene tho? idr him talking about that in thread
He didn’t.

Let’s do Scorpio. Not as sold on tene anymore

VOTE: Scorpio
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

just b/c HEM is town doesn't mean he's right just genuine. If I had to vote between Scorp and tene then I'd do Tene. My worry here is that Scorp is just LHF that just always looks scummy, idk. I mean maybe we shouldn't even worry about it and just vote him out and if he's scum then he's scum and if he's town he'll no longer be a distraction.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2661, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2655, VP Baltar wrote:You could just be terrible town here.
I'd argue that thinking that a player is scum and then rethinking whether or not they are really scum isn't bad town play. I guess you could also argue that Wu was so terrible that it was "good" townplay to get rid of him and maybe?
Look, I'm not going to ding you over potentially changing your Wu read anymore. Clearly, there is a world where you are town and had a better read than me. I think some of our arguing has not been that productive, but there is a certain aspect to your insistence that I'm scum that I find weirdly townie. There is a reason I've never voted you, even if I think some of your thought processes don't make a lot of sense to me.

The place where you and I agree is that we should lim inside the neighborhood today. I would like if you could take a look at what I"m saying about Cape and give me your thoughts. I will review skitter and we can reconvene to see if either of us change our minds.
YOUR AD HERE
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:42 am

scorpius feels like they're literally not doing anything intentionally. i feel like if they were town they'd be putting reads up or putting something up other than "another 50 pages? no thanks"
aka Fenrir
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2795, Nero Cain wrote:just b/c HEM is town doesn't mean he's right just genuine. If I had to vote between Scorp and tene then I'd do Tene. My worry here is that Scorp is just LHF that just always looks scummy, idk. I mean maybe we shouldn't even worry about it and just vote him out and if he's scum then he's scum and if he's town he'll no longer be a distraction.
I know.

That’s why I said I am using them as a starting point
Then when I liked tene’s response to pressure based on my mistake I backed off.

So if Scorpio does something I like I back off.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2674, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2667, Yeet wrote:Cape your hammer is not NAI because there is obvious scum motivation to do it.
If anything because it has hyperlinks it was not a planned hammer so lean more town
Not scum being self conscious about their vote and trying to justify it with
~reasons~
?
YOUR AD HERE