Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2847, Enchant wrote:Me is Me.
baba is you.

also ok will do math give me a few mins to boot my shitty laptop up
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:34 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

I just don't think fire is scum at all, so that explanation isn't one that's going to appeal to me.
In post 2846, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2837, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2832, VP Baltar wrote:Math, i'm not opposed to a Scorpious wagon because it's not like we are losing some asset if we're wrong. It feels a little low information even if we hit correctly, but I'll think about it. His vote on me for no reason doesn't make a lot of sense.
We did the "no biggie if we're wrong" wagon yesterday. Now we need to be right.
From this POV I don't think your STD vote makes much sense. Like they could be mafia, but they've posted so little that you nor any of us don't have much to go on there beyond a vibe. That's a pretty big day two risk, no?
I want them to feel some pressure to contribute and I want to know why others are focusing on the other lurkers instead. I didn't think it was very likely my vote would result in an elim.
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2849, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2845, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2841, MalcolmTucker wrote:So if I'm understanding correctly, either Fire is mafia with roleblocker, or Fua/Enchant is lying?

If so I'm leaning towards the latter here. I get Fire could be playing a very strong mafia game but they've come across townie as feck to me. And while I can see a vig having a genius call and catching a good player out, Fua's game was a bit all over the place...a Fire kill just seems so baffling from that POV.
There are a lot more possibilities than you have just listed. Fua was not clear about who they would shoot. There's also a possibility of a mafia doctor or BP, although I would rate that as unlikely.
Cool, just trying to gauge. From a vig POV I personally feel like Fire was such a bad choice unless Enchant's slot instinctually had it right.
I can't rate if this was bad choice, nor do i care.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2842, tenebrousluminary wrote:Going for Scorp today is lazy. I think scum would love nothing more than for us to waste another day.

VOTE: VPB, but I think Yeet has an agenda today too.
Well, I am actually scumhunting and asking questions to determine people's alignments. Big agenda energy.

What are you doing btw? Didn't you vote dragons? Is that fundamentally different from a Scorp wagon?
YOUR AD HERE
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:42 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2853, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2842, tenebrousluminary wrote:Going for Scorp today is lazy. I think scum would love nothing more than for us to waste another day.

VOTE: VPB, but I think Yeet has an agenda today too.
Well, I am actually scumhunting and asking questions to determine people's alignments. Big agenda energy.

What are you doing btw?
Didn't you vote dragons? Is that fundamentally different from a Scorp wagon?
Agree with you on this. Fine with tenebros sitting a vote on STD now to put on some pressure, but it's ultimately going for an incredibly low activity poster and the moment you vote for someone you ideally want to convince others to do the same. If not you aren't even putting any pressure on said player. Weird contradiction in tenebros' play.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2848, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2838, Cape90 wrote:This all happened in the span of one page by the way.
Right, what I'm saying is that should have been easy to spot at even a passing glimpse. You saw the vote count but didn't see any of the 7 votes that happened shortly after it?
I saw some of them but I really didn't think it shifted that much
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:44 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2841, MalcolmTucker wrote:So if I'm understanding correctly, either Fire is mafia with roleblocker, or Fua/Enchant is lying?

If so I'm leaning towards the latter here. I get Fire could be playing a very strong mafia game but they've come across townie as feck to me. And while I can see a vig having a genius call and catching a good player out, Fua's game was a bit all over the place...a Fire kill just seems so baffling from that POV.
if they are town then they probably just had a read and knew enough people townread me that i wasn't likely to get elimmed so they took a chance with a potential high payoff. I can see it making sense, they'd been saying i looked scummy to them most of the day.

but as others said, they did not say for sure who the kill would be on, they just had a list. and maf could have roleblocked regardless. i think there is some chance they're lying but those aren't the only two options at all
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Datisi »

ok, my bitch ass laptop decided to not connect to the internet so phoneskimming time

looking at scorp's iso in isolation (lol), definitely a scum contender. this dude has done jack shit all game. i think the tell i made on him on d1, that he's not even TRYING to appear townie, is valid, but not insanely so as he was aware that refuge in audacity is a possible defense.

i can def see scorp being scum *if* the rest of his team in a pretty good position. because i think scum is more likely to be lazy if the game seems to be going fine, or if it seems like their partners have it together. (thought goes to umlaut in that one mini normal where he started being lazy when mathblade replaced into his team)

as said, if he'd scum, i think we're lowkey fucked since that prob means there's some deepwolves or powerwolves or whatever. i think nero is a strong contender should scorp flip red; other than fitting with my bullshit gamestate reads, i think he also tried to make an eyes wagon a thing when math was trying to wagon scorp?

also, the fact that (1) there is absolutely nothing townie about scorp (2) there's still practically no wagon on him despite that and despite a MASON pushing him makes me feel like the game isn't a fan of his wagon (though i'd have to run another check to see if anyone was actually properly pulling away from him)

so, like, in total? 6.5/10, my gamestate reads aren't always great, but i would not mind a wagon here
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:48 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2850, Datisi wrote:
In post 2847, Enchant wrote:Me is Me.
baba is you.

also ok will do math give me a few mins to boot my shitty laptop up
fun game

if you want you can give a quick answer to questions i posed in but i don't think it's something that really needs to be solved right away
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2855, Cape90 wrote:
In post 2848, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2838, Cape90 wrote:This all happened in the span of one page by the way.
Right, what I'm saying is that should have been easy to spot at even a passing glimpse. You saw the vote count but didn't see any of the 7 votes that happened shortly after it?
I saw some of them but I really didn't think it shifted that much
Hmm, alright. I'll think about this. I am assuming you are saying you only saw the Math and fua votes just before yours?
YOUR AD HERE
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Datisi »

so like, i want to kill enchant because i don't think fua's entrance sjows an uninformed mindset but i will vote scorp if i feel like it

10 minutes of brainpower left btw, what else can i do
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2834, Enchant wrote:
In post 2833, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2831, Enchant wrote:Well i am replace of Fua.
Deets you should know:

Math is confirmed Mason.

There is a hood of: Nero, skitter, Cap90, VP.

There's a lot of useless posting in this game (maybe even some from me in the last few pages while I was catching up, sorry all!)
Understood.
Oh, I'm ascetic too, fyi
YOUR AD HERE
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2693, fireisredsir wrote:2) if that list is all town, would maf team still roleblock them? not sure on this one, that's why I'm asking the crowd
the answer to this is a very loud YES

even if the vig shot hits town, (1) it hits town that was scummy and was likely to be able to be pushed during the day and waste everyone's time (2) it confirms the vigilante as conftown (3) another extra death or a save grants the town an extra yeet

like, any scumteam with a basic understanding of game mechanics absolutely blocks a vigilante

the only way a vig shot isn't +town is if the vig hits someone like an ic (i did that as a vig once lmao) which is decently unlikely to happen
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2861, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2834, Enchant wrote:
In post 2833, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2831, Enchant wrote:Well i am replace of Fua.
Deets you should know:

Math is confirmed Mason.

There is a hood of: Nero, skitter, Cap90, VP.

There's a lot of useless posting in this game (maybe even some from me in the last few pages while I was catching up, sorry all!)
Understood.
Oh, I'm ascetic too, fyi
Any reason we shouldn’t turbo elim you on policy?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok ty good to know. still think their reaction was not how i would think town would react
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

I think a Scorpio wagon should be a thing.

I remembered why not VP turbo elim.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2863, MathBlade wrote:Any reason we shouldn’t turbo elim you on policy?
Because I'm town, and since when does town policy lim ascetic? That's just dumb.

Pedit- uh ok
YOUR AD HERE
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:55 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: scorp

i don't think policying ascetics is like, *a thing*
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2867, Datisi wrote:VOTE: scorp

i don't think policying ascetics is like, *a thing*
It is. It’s why there’s the miller/ascetic/neg util rule to claim in first few posts
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Datisi »

i've been playing for almost 3 years and i have never seen anyone actually policy a miller
~M
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:57 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2606, VP Baltar wrote:Nero pushed me to talk about reads. I told him I'm not doing that in a hood with a potential scum
seems like a cop out
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2606, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2501, MathBlade wrote:Hood people what happened in your hood overnight?
Nero pushed me to talk about reads. I told him I'm not doing that in a hood with a potential scum, and that it was kinda antitown to push it repeatedly.

That was all.

I doubt the hood is gonna get used much until we descum it
oh yeah, this discussion was A Thing

my unsolicited opinion is that pushing for reads in a hood where you suspect there might be scum is indeed antitown because scum don't need that info, same as outing new reads in twilight
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2869, Datisi wrote:i've been playing for almost 3 years and i have never seen anyone actually policy a miller
I have seen it rarely too lazy to look it up

Most people just do it intro first posts though.

See Mastina wiki regarding miller
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2870, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2606, VP Baltar wrote:Nero pushed me to talk about reads. I told him I'm not doing that in a hood with a potential scum
seems like a cop out
actually on that train of thought

do you think vp has been quiet on his reads? if not, then this shade feels... misplaced
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »