any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:32 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 2899, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2897, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2894, tenebrousluminary wrote:Dragons is most notably different because they were the only one of the three to vote GeneralWu. Additionally, I feel they are the most capable of giving more, they have the fewest posts and I have the least sense of who they are within the game.
Also, I have felt at times that Dragons has in fact read the game. Scorp isn't doing anything because they have not read the game. What's Dragons' excuse?
read my posts i've been giving reads and shit
Exactly. You are present enough to have reads. So you are capable of producing content.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:32 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2894, tenebrousluminary wrote:Nearly everyone suspects me to some degree or another, but so far I have produced town-indicative content in response to votes against me. I believe that this suspicion persisting in light of the fact I am scumhunting actively and unafraid to take stances indicates something. I believe that I am seen as weak and eventually pushable because I am newer.
What do you think is town-indicative about your content.

What stances have you been unafraid to take?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2900, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2894, tenebrousluminary wrote:Dragons is most notably different because they were the only one of the three to vote GeneralWu. Additionally, I feel they are the most capable of giving more, they have the fewest posts and I have the least sense of who they are within the game.
Also, I have felt at times that Dragons has in fact read the game. Scorp isn't doing anything because they have not read the game. What's Dragons' excuse?
Exactly. You are present enough to have reads. So you are capable of producing content.
and i am so what's your point
aka Fenrir
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2857, Datisi wrote:*if* the rest of his team in a pretty good position
pushes one player as his buddy. lol

this is the same shit that VP did d1 to try to get me to vote Wu
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:36 am

In post 2902, Save The Dragons wrote:
You appear to be doing so right now. I am explaining why I voted for you a while ago.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:37 am

i posted content d1
aka Fenrir
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2904, tenebrousluminary wrote:
You appear to be doing so right now. I am explaining why I voted for you a while ago.
Not feeling an std elim atm.

Can you explain why you’re so opposed to Scorpio?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

D1 isn’t fair to judge StD on imho
I went through something similar in a recent game
The fact StD is trying right now is town enough for me.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:39 am

In post 2901, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2894, tenebrousluminary wrote:Nearly everyone suspects me to some degree or another, but so far I have produced town-indicative content in response to votes against me. I believe that this suspicion persisting in light of the fact I am scumhunting actively and unafraid to take stances indicates something. I believe that I am seen as weak and eventually pushable because I am newer.

I'm not playing this game anymore.

Is this even a question I can reasonably answer? I am tired of talking about myself. I am constantly being hounded for explanations of everything I do by half the game in a way that does not seem to apply to everyone else, and then I'm attacked for being too defensive. In this case, no one will even care about my answer, since if I know something looks town, I could have done it to look town. Why should I bother?

I have offered reads contrary to popular perception on multiple occasions. If you cannot be bothered to go and look, at this point, neither can I. I'm sick of this.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:40 am

In post 2906, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2904, tenebrousluminary wrote:
Not feeling an std elim atm.

Can you explain why you’re so opposed to Scorpio?
I am not "so opposed." I just do not particularly think he is scum. With Dragons actually doing something, I would prefer to pursue someone whose flip will give us a direction now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2795, Nero Cain wrote:I mean maybe we shouldn't even worry about it and just vote him out and if he's scum then he's scum and if he's town he'll no longer be a distraction.
In post 2800, Nero Cain wrote:eh...his early game was p bad
I don't care that much about Scorp and if it happens it happens. You could make the argument that a somewhat scummy vt is a decent elimination but I'm not all that gung ho on him flipping scum but maybe. If he town flips though this is prob a scum influenced wagon.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

though I think im prob voting scum in enchant?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

or maybe, idk.
In post 488, Enchant wrote:BWHHAHAHAHAHA
In post 490, Enchant wrote:AHAHAHAHAHHAA.
was his reaction to me voting him in Polish Rap

maybe that means something, maybe it doesn't.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:03 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2908, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 2901, DeasVail wrote:

I'm not playing this game anymore.

Is this even a question I can reasonably answer? I am tired of talking about myself. I am constantly being hounded for explanations of everything I do by half the game in a way that does not seem to apply to everyone else, and then I'm attacked for being too defensive. In this case, no one will even care about my answer, since if I know something looks town, I could have done it to look town. Why should I bother?

I have offered reads contrary to popular perception on multiple occasions. If you cannot be bothered to go and look, at this point, neither can I. I'm sick of this.
I understand that this sort of process can be frustrating if you're town (or even if you're scum!), but I don't make these posts for no reason. My impression of your gameplay is that it is safe and largely following the momentum of the town. If I am wrong then I need you to prove it. When you say that you have "offered reads contrary to popular perception on multiple occasions" I need you to point it out to me because I don't see it.

You have said that you think scum is trying to mis-elim you, but I don't have a strong impression from you of who
are
the scum trying to miselim you. Regarding me and fire, arguably the two main players have been pushing you: You gave subtle indication of thinking fire might be scum early on but never went anywhere with it and most recently have expressed a strong townread. Apart from expressing that one thing I did looked town, you have not made much mention of a read of me. Is it a coincidence that myself and fire are also players that do not seem to be widely suspected?

The vote on STD came after I pointed out that you were largely following momentum, but it very much matches the safe play that I have expected from you. Voting a lower-activity player for pressure is not something scum would expect to be seen as controversial.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:05 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2891, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2888, Scorpious wrote:There aren’t any
Why did you vote me then?
Idk, someone said me and you were scum and said it was too easy..

Since I’m not you just be based on that logic.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:07 am

Post by DeasVail »

As an addendum to my post, I seriously do think that if tenebro thought that they were a miselim that scum is trying to achieve, that there would be more focus on players such as myself and fire, rather than... the players that everyone else is talking about.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2769, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2703, Cape90 wrote:not sure how much playing of mafia since 2008 has helped him, like come on, I was a literal child back then
i feel so old now
Trust me, I’m way too old to be playing online forum games during work :)
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:17 am

Deas:

I was scumreading fua on this basis earlier for their poorly thought out attack on me. I am now ignoring the slot due to its vig claim. I am becoming concerned about you, if silently, because you're providing yet another vector by which I am forced to spend all my time defending myself, or so would be the case if I continue to play this game the way you want me to. fire made a strong push against me earlier and I scumread him for it, but in light of his convincing insights on fua, I have rethought this. In fact, that he is not at all concerned with how he is perceived may be a good sign.

One example of my being contrary was taking monkey's side against Aristeia. I was also one of the first to go after Datisi, but since everyone seemed to think I only did so because Yeet did first, I do not expect this to resonate. I feel there are likely more examples but again cannot be arsed to look for them and if you wish to park your vote on me for that, so be it.

But overall, at this point, it's the softer and more timid shading of me coming from other places that I'm more concerned about. I'm being kept in the elim pool and saved for later. No, I do not have an exhaustive list of who is guilty of this. My thinking is evolving in real time. Surely I don't read as someone who showed up to today with a plan given what a mess my suspicions have been.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:23 am

Post by DeasVail »

Thank you for your response. I continue to think you are scum but there is nothing more that I expect you to answer at this stage.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2917, tenebrousluminary wrote:it's the softer and more timid shading of me coming from other places that I'm more concerned about. I'm being kept in the elim pool and saved for later. No, I do not have an exhaustive list of who is guilty of this.
This is wildly paranoid if you're town. It's also very vague
YOUR AD HERE
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:30 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2916, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2769, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2703, Cape90 wrote:not sure how much playing of mafia since 2008 has helped him, like come on, I was a literal child back then
i feel so old now
Trust me, I’m way too old to be playing online forum games during work :)
I do anyways to procrastinate, haha. I can definitely sympathize with this sentiment.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:30 am

In post 2917, tenebrousluminary wrote:One example of my being contrary was taking monkey's side against Aristeia.
why hasn't my taking of monkey's side against aristeia shaped your read of me
aka Fenrir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:31 am

Post by DeasVail »

I think it’s also an example of subtle flourishes to make me look more unreasonable than I am but eh

Above is in response to VP
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:33 am

In post 2921, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2917, tenebrousluminary wrote:One example of my being contrary was taking monkey's side against Aristeia.
why hasn't my taking of monkey's side against aristeia shaped your read of me
I don't think you're partners with her, if that helps.

At the time, I didn't suspect her and your take was pretty hot. I just thought she was making a bad argument.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I'm heading to bed and don't have time to put much flavour together so some homework for the reader - what 4 space shapes do you think can be killed? Answers when I wake up

Official Votecount 2.3Scorpious (3): Save The Dragons, MathBlade, Datisi
[E-6]

VP Baltar (3): Scorpious, Cape90, tenebrousluminary
[E-6]

Enchant (2): skitter30, Nero Cain
tenebrousluminary (2): DeasVail, fireisredsir
MalcolmTucker (1): Yeet
skitter30 (1): Enchant
Cape90 (1): VP Baltar

Not Voting (4): Frogsterking, MalcolmTucker, Eyes without a face, April Ludgate

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to achieve an elimination.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2022-03-16 09:20:00).
Get to know a Mizzy
Mafia - Currently playing: Nothing - Currently running: Large Normal 238
Mish Mash - Currently Playing: Nothing - Currently running: Nothing