Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3574, tenebrousluminary wrote:So either datisi is scum to you or it's a power wolf scenario. I'm obviously not a power wolf, so am I scum with Datisi? If so, why did I try to kill him at the start?
You can be scum with Ari/April/Skitter type my more common theory. Skitter when she has time is capable of deep wolfing hard. Shame she replaced out
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3530, Cape90 wrote:
In post 3507, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3503, MathBlade wrote:Your greens are troublesome
I think that's a good thing, though, you don't expect Boonskiies to have the logical ones as green and go with the status quo, do you?
Why do you care about your greens being status quo vs not status quo so much? This feels too... tutorially? Um I cant think of words right now lol
that was just a playful sentence really. Common for me to have complete 180 reads from the rest of the game.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3532, tenebrousluminary wrote:I am experiencing a lack of confidence again.

I hate that I have been so OMGUS-driven this game yet I see Deas unvoting and can't help but want to reconsider.

I feel better about a handful of townreads than any scumreads. Scorp, Nero, fire, Cape are all town to me. That provides some grounding. April's posts have felt good as well.

I still suspect VP and Yeet. I do not have a good reason for this. But feeling less gung ho about everything in general.

As I peruse the player list, Eyes jumps out as someone I should investigate more.

I am aware that this post involves me both bringing up a boring lurker suspicion and returning to lower confidence at a time when that might look convenient. I hereby decree that this self-aware line makes it okay.

Yes, I highly feel that there was some scum energy in your situation keeping the flames going, so I'll put that in my research deeper pile. Luckily, I come prepared witha. bucket of water.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:32 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3537, Frogsterking wrote:
It's possible your play so far serves a larger purpose, luminary.
You've been involved in so many OMGUS it caused me to believe not only that you're town but some of the players you fought against as well.

PEdit:

PoE by table-wide level of suspicion.
love how the way this was chosen to be worded, just on a personal level

Frogster's probably closer to green the more this game goes on
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

This game's kinda stagnant while tension is building to see where momentum falls.

I ask to take a chance on me, let's vote Malcolm, and see the way the rocks fall down the hill.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

WHO'S WITH ME?! :)
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:22 pm

Post by Enchant »

Nah
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:56 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3532, tenebrousluminary wrote:I am experiencing a lack of confidence again.

I hate that I have been so OMGUS-driven this game yet I see Deas unvoting and can't help but want to reconsider.

I feel better about a handful of townreads than any scumreads. Scorp, Nero, fire, Cape are all town to me. That provides some grounding. April's posts have felt good as well.

I still suspect VP and Yeet. I do not have a good reason for this.
But feeling less gung ho about everything in general.

As I peruse the player list, Eyes jumps out as someone I should investigate more.

I am aware that this post involves me both bringing up a boring lurker suspicion and returning to lower confidence at a time when that might look convenient. I hereby decree that this self-aware line makes it okay.
I dunno, despite others revising their views I'm not sure I'm necessarily feeling any better about tenebros after reading this post.

The conscious change in tone could be a townie modifying their style to appear less combative but I feel like it's potentially a mafia player who's escaped elimination narrowly trying to get some goodwill with the town.

I also don't think the "self-aware" line at the end really does much to stop the post from still ultimately saying very little in the grand scheme of things.

Re bolded part, I've suspected at different periods tenebros is either mafia with Yeet or VP. The former seems perfectly possible, the latter maybe less likely now they've gone for each other a bit more, albeit either one on their own still works perfectly well. Throwing in a bit of suspicion against whichever one is hypothetically their teammate without elaborating on it feels quite plausible to me, creates minimal distance without putting any pressure on them at all.

Like there's a perfectly good case to be made for either VP or Yeet, it's not just a gut-read to go for either player, so how does tenebros not have a good reason for this read?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:07 am

Post by DeasVail »

April, looking through Malcolm and VP, I would feel better about eliminating VP at this point. Was there a particularly compelling reason you had for not eliminating VP? Apologies if I've missed it.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3463, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3157, Nero Cain wrote:poe town. I've been just sorta nodding along with his posting. Not really in love with your case. Why is he the worst Tene voter?
his case is political, pushing faults in a town play rather than looking for scum. comes across well to most townies, and if you look at frogster, he even pushed them expecting it to be a TvT in the form of TeneScum being questioned instead of any MalcolmScum.
In post 3471, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3220, Yeet wrote:Should I be townreading you, Malcolm? I noticed quite a few others think you are townie however it is hard for me to read you as such. I can’t find any reasons to scumread you either, you’re just very null all around to me.
This is actually a reason I'm scum reading Malcolm.

I unfortunately shoot my shot a bit too early because I don't think a strong case is there for scumMalcolm, I just believe them to be scum, if that makes sense.

It's part of the "he's saying all of the right things" for certain people, but it isn't the right thing for people who were on the side like us, which is a sign he's pandering to the popular choice, and even leading that trajectory. he's kind of doing it while out in the forefront and while also having that behind the scene energy.
Reading back and this doesn't feel like a particularly strong mafia case at all, the arguments being made are a reach and don't line up.

Re the first part, I fail to see how my read of tenebros is "political". Pointing out that someone's playing doesn't feel town is perfectly legitimate because it can for obvious reasons sometimes be a good mafia tell, not everyone manages to disguise their allegiance perfectly.

Tenebros has regularly deflected when faced with pressure or arguments in a way that often seems designed to project pressure back onto the other player to make other townies distrust them. In many cases they don't address the actual accusations at hand but simply post on in the hope that said accusations will be ignored.

There are points where their play has struck me as potentially townie as well (later in turn one particularly) but I don't think my case is particularly dishonest.

Re your second post, it feels a bit all over the place to the point where I'm not sure where your case on me actually lies at all? Like your frustration with me seems to be both that I'm making developed posts without dominating the game? That seems like a reasonable approach in a game where we've had players offering no reads and players hyper-posting.

When making reads I've tried to develop them, referring to player ISOs when relevant and attempting to make links between potential teammates. Like I think this is inherently a lot more town than lazily going for low activity players who might be easy targets. Why am I the one making easy reads instead of someone else?

You say you "shoot your shot" too early but what is this supposed to mean? There's almost a vibe here where you replaced in as mafia, immediately suggested I might be mafia, but when you read back through the game realised you had no case against me at all.

Like if you're town, how did you shoot your shot too early? It's day two and you still have plenty of time to make your case as the game goes forward.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3564, MathBlade wrote:Can we just CW Skitter? Or April?
I thought you wanted to not vote out boon today?

Skitter could be scum but is voting out an empty slot really our best d2?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:57 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Yeah I don't think voting out Skitter's slot is the best approach here, at least need to gauge how their replacement approaches things.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3583, DeasVail wrote:April, looking through Malcolm and VP, I would feel better about eliminating VP at this point. Was there a particularly compelling reason you had for not eliminating VP? Apologies if I've missed it.
There's no actual case. That's the most compelling case for not eliminating me.

I'm fairly-annoyed at how badly town is playing here, but will try to answer questions before this laziness slumps toward my elim, which is what is happening.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Read fire's case at my response. That's the strongest reasoning that has been stated toward eliminating me today, and half of it is "feeling". The good news is if I'm dead, yall will see I'm right
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*fires case and my response
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3571, MathBlade wrote:That’s possible but no offense to VP he’s not a power wolf
*joins wagon on town with his scumreads

*sips matini and makes old rich lady level comments about my play ability.

It hurts
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Last general appeal, and then I need to move on with my morning so I can stop being annoyed:

Look at actions in the game. Who are the people DOING things that are scummy. So many new people on this site get obsessed with personality rather than actions. Actions are louder than words. I can't help yall beyond that.
YOUR AD HERE
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Datisi »

v/la 24 hours

ended up falling ill, and i'm not able to think. i'll see if i feel better tomorrow.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3592, Datisi wrote:
v/la 24 hours

ended up falling ill, and i'm not able to think. i'll see if i feel better tomorrow.
That sucks. Feel better!
YOUR AD HERE
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3591, VP Baltar wrote:Who are the people DOING things that are scummy.
There's a difference between scummy and being scum. Honestly, going hey "look at all these SCUMMY ppl!" just feels like a deflect. Who are these SCUM that are doing scummy things? Like I get you may not have time at the moment to really call everyone out but its something you should totally be doing instead of doing some weak buzz lightyear impression.

use your words, VP
In post 3587, VP Baltar wrote:I'm fairly-annoyed at how badly town is playing here
So you think town are the ones that are wagoning you and there's not scum on you? Do you think that scum are just going to stay off you and let town mislim you or ???
In post 3588, VP Baltar wrote:yall will see I'm right
about what?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I shoulda spoiled that image though.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I do think VP is scummy and is a decent elimination today but I do think there could be scum in Apri, Eyes, Skitter, Enchant and maybe Dats

Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:41 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3547, Datisi wrote:
In post 3527, Cape90 wrote:6. I think Datisi voting with me is still weird because they had reason to have doubt on my slot before they read into me, so why follow me on 2 votes?
(1) why are you acting as if making a vote with you on d2 is some sorta blood pact that means i am locktown on you and may never vote someone else until you do?

(2) and what are those reasons for me to have doubt on you? i don't remember scumreading you for your d1 play, so.
(1) I guess good point. Sometimes I do this sort of blood pact thing with my votes, but

(2)
In post 2666, Datisi wrote:
In post 2647, VP Baltar wrote:Datisi, what do you think of cape?
was townie early then fell off

eod play was obviously not great but that's a very shallow answer

i will provide a fuller answer in the next 36-48 business hours, really need my vla this week >_>
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

blood pacts do sound pretty scummy...

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3594, Nero Cain wrote:Who are these SCUM that are doing scummy things?
I've spent all day calling out people doing actually scummy things.

Meanwhile, you're running a marketing campaign to make me a popular yeet by just saying "vp is scum" as many times as you can without actual reasons behind it. If you're scum, good on you. This works in 90% of games I play on this site because people here respond to repetition without thought. I see scum use this tactic all the time, and it's pretty silly, but whatever. There's not much effective defense for this kind of play because it requires the followers to actually think about what they are responding to.

Don't act like I'm being hysterical here and haven't been making very clear points about who I think is scum and why. You know I've been clear.
YOUR AD HERE