Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3594, Nero Cain wrote:So you think town are the ones that are wagoning you and there's not scum on you? Do you think that scum are just going to stay off you and let town mislim you or ???
Never said town are the ones wagoning me. There are certainly town on me though. Math voted with his scum reads! That's the level of play happening currently.

Why are you asking me such stupid questions btw? What are you hoping to achieve?
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3596, Nero Cain wrote:I do think VP is scummy and is a decent elimination today but I do think there could be scum in Apri, Eyes, Skitter, Enchant and maybe Dats
This process of walking back will continue as I get closer to dead. Expect to see scum both A) sluff off my wagon near its conclusion and B) soft defend me for town points at my inevitable green flip.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Nero, what's your bullet point case on me again?
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Quickly please. Should be easy
YOUR AD HERE
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

pushed all town with the exception of maybe Fua day 1.
hypocritical stances and I don't think you actually believed in your Wu push yesterday. He was just an EZ push
manipulation
can't decide on a hood stance
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3601, VP Baltar wrote:This process of walking back will continue as I get closer to dead.
So I'm scum? Why would town Nero walk back his stance? If I'm scum why not push me? Maybe what I said in the hood was right and you are just scum thats going with whatever the path of least resistance is.

but it's not walking back anything so...just continue to use strongly worded language that doesn't really make any sense.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3604, Nero Cain wrote:pushed all town with the exception of maybe Fua day 1.
hypocritical stances and I don't think you actually believed in your Wu push yesterday. He was just an EZ push
manipulation
I don't feel bad about the Wu yeet.

Once your reads are not good this game, so not sure how you think me pushing some town on D1 is scummy. Literally a point that can almost always be made about any town player D1.

Manipulation? Wtf does that even mean. Who am I manipulating?

My hood stance has never changed. So nice lies!
YOUR AD HERE
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:25 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 3587, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3583, DeasVail wrote:April, looking through Malcolm and VP, I would feel better about eliminating VP at this point. Was there a particularly compelling reason you had for not eliminating VP? Apologies if I've missed it.
There's no actual case. That's the most compelling case for not eliminating me.

I'm fairly-annoyed at how badly town is playing here, but will try to answer questions before this laziness slumps toward my elim, which is what is happening.
You seem experienced enough to know that "wah, no case" is a classic scum defense, and yet.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:27 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yeah, again, this is where VP's insinuations don't match what he's actually saying. when asked to commit to some actual individual scumreads, he lists 6 people () and none of them are nero, but here he's discrediting nero in a way that can only imply that he thinks nero is scum. it's just shade for the sake of shade and he doesn't actually believe it. i don't know why anyone would do that unless they're maf
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3606, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3604, Nero Cain wrote:pushed all town with the exception of maybe Fua day 1.
manipulation
I don't feel bad about the Wu yeet.

Also your reads are not good this game, so not sure how you think me pushing some town on D1 is scummy. Literally a point that can almost always be made about any town player D1.

Manipulation? Wtf does that even mean. Who am I manipulating?

My hood stance has never changed. So nice lies! /quote]
This is not a good case, like every case that's been brought against me today, it is hot air that has almost nothing to do with game actions.
YOUR AD HERE
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:29 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3607, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 3583, DeasVail wrote:April, looking through Malcolm and VP, I would feel better about eliminating VP at this point. Was there a particularly compelling reason you had for not eliminating VP? Apologies if I've missed it.

I'm fairly-annoyed at how badly town is playing here, but will try to answer questions before this laziness slumps toward my elim, which is what is happening.
You seem experienced enough to know that "wah, no case" is a classic scum defense, and yet.
Yeah I don't think that is a particularly great post.

I don't think the case against VP is absolutely 100% solid which is why I'm not voting for them at the moment, but there have been plenty of reasons presented for why they should go out and I'm sure they know that.

The "town is playing bad" feels like a classic deflection - makes posters on the fence second guess where they stand in an attempt to sway it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3607, tenebrousluminary wrote:

Remember when you threw a hissy fit in the thread because I asked you to give specifics on the nonsense you were saying? Good times.
YOUR AD HERE
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:31 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3608, fireisredsir wrote:yeah, again, this is where VP's insinuations don't match what he's actually saying. when asked to commit to some actual individual scumreads, he lists 6 people () and none of them are nero, but here he's discrediting nero in a way that can only imply that he thinks nero is scum. it's just shade for the sake of shade and he doesn't actually believe it. i don't know why anyone would do that unless they're maf
If VP is mafia, I'd wager there's at least one mafia in that list of six who's been thrown in there to create some distance. Maybe Yeet possibly? I feel like Yeet's in this weird position where there's a few players who have cast doubt on them at times without ever going in any further on the case.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:32 am

Cool discredit VP. Got anything else?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3608, fireisredsir wrote:yeah, again, this is where VP's insinuations don't match what he's actually saying. when asked to commit to some actual individual scumreads, he lists 6 people () and none of them are nero, but here he's discrediting nero in a way that can only imply that he thinks nero is scum. it's just shade for the sake of shade and he doesn't actually believe it. i don't know why anyone would do that unless they're maf
No mostly I'm just very mad. Nero has been shading me since yesterday for no actual reason, and even when I tried to offer him an olive branch to work with him, he just straight ignored me.

Nothing pisses me off more than when I put a bunch of effort into a game trying to work with people and they continue to say stupid shit and tunnel. So yeah, notice I have never voted Nero. But I am going to call him out for saying things that make no sense. He could be scum or he could just be honorary scum here. Idk.

It's hard for me to think scum is this tunneled, but also this game would be easy mode for scum right now.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3613, tenebrousluminary wrote:Cool discredit VP. Got anything else?
Would you like me to quote the posts for you?
YOUR AD HERE
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 am

Regardless of how you characterize that interaction (and I disagree), bringing it up in response to my unrelated point is discrediting.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3610, MalcolmTucker wrote:The "town is playing bad" feels like a classic deflection - makes posters on the fence second guess where they stand in an attempt to sway it.
Nah, just the math vote is kind of the last straw for me. I'm not going to put a bunch of effort into something I've already dedicated a lot of time to for very few results. I don't need to spend half my work day trying to convince lazy townies to actually critically think about the arguments being presented. I've pressed people to articulate their reasons. I've posted rebuttals to those reasons and pointed out why they are bad.

What else am I supposed to be doing here in your eyes? As I stated before, my flip is going to justify everything I'm saying.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3616, tenebrousluminary wrote:Regardless of how you characterize that interaction (and I disagree), bringing it up in response to my unrelated point is discrediting.
Discrediting what? What you said was pointless, and I brought up a tangible reason why you are much more likely to be scum than me (you can't actually explain your positions with details, only broad statements). Seems pretty relevant.
YOUR AD HERE
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:46 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 425, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 375, Aristeia wrote:I think we should consolidate on one of HEM/Tenebro to push pressure and advance game state rather than splitting
Isn't town's biggest power early in large games driving dueling wagons? That's how you get good info for future use. Why do you think we should focus on one and not the other here?
In post 523, VP Baltar wrote:I just finished reading through page 10, so I'm still in catch up. Here is kind of what I have for reads out of that so far:

Town:
Frogsterking
- early attack on Yeet over game delay is tinfoil I'd expect from town FK
Yeet
- wild noob read after wild noob read. Somewhat question if Yeet is not an alt though, in which case maybe this means nothing.
fireisredsir
- has independent thought, calling out post 116 as bad is good. Also seems to not mind poking people, which I appreciate.
skitter30
- Kind of like their pressure on Datisi, but think the over defense of tenesbro is unwarranted. This is probably closer to a null read than a townread in terms of confidence, but I like that she is mixing it up.
Cape90
- probably town for finding frogster town and asking pretty open questions.
Ari
- I like her pressure and vote on monkey when he was being kind of ridiculous.

Null:
DeasVail
- commenting, but not doing a ton. Maybe lean townish.

Scum:
fua
- I find the hard scum read of tenesbro a little contrived, and possibly piling on to a popular opinion in thread.
monkey
- The whole intereaction with ari looks like monkey got over confident with a poke and couldn't explain the position.
In post 686, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 642, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why do you think ari and i are tvt? i came out of that scumreading ari.
so you think ari and datisi are scum buddies here? idgi
In post 1061, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1059, Aristeia wrote:it is unfortunate Dats views the world through the lens of cautious paranoia but its also kind of endearing <3
in 90% of cases, yes.

That LimLo in Guardians was excruciating!
In post 1302, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1297, fua wrote:HEM dropped in a bit aggressively, Ari posted a readslist where he was at the bottom, and he asked her to elaborate on all of them.
Yes, and HEM was flipping a shit somewhat unprompted when Ari asked for clarification. His overreaction to that whole situation was why he got run up. It read as scum misreading and overreacting to the intent of a question.
In post 1928, VP Baltar wrote:What is the case on Ari? I'm going to give up on reading pages of spam shitting from a bunch of people.
In post 1938, VP Baltar wrote:Ari, vote Wu.
In post 1950, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1942, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore VP before I posted the game was wagoning two masons
It was terrible play before I even posted.
Actually, I was pushing for Wu or HEM flip, and that's where the day was heading, not toward both the masons getting wagoned. You just didn't read the game before you claimed.

I'm not even mad at you for claiming. Whatever. Not how I would have played it, but I get where you're coming from. It's the same logic as our last game when I cleared A50.

But listen, you spamming the thread to make the same points again and again is not helpful. You only need to say it once. The beauty of forum mafia is that your words are immortalized forever and people can refer back to them.

When I say loud, I mean you spam the thread and say the same things repeatedly and insist you're right even if lots of other people disagree. It's exhausting and makes catching up impossible for people.

I'm trying to work with you. if you have an actual Ari case, post that shit.
In post 1962, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1956, MathBlade wrote:There’s a wagon on Ari for a reason
Stop focusing on me if you’re town.
WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THE ARI WAGON?????????

Like I asked for this case more than once, and "she argued with Hem and doesn't vote WU" is not a fucking case. So ELI5

And I'm talking to you because you're 50% of the posts in a LARGE GAME since you entered. If you would chill the fuck out and stop trying to big dick energy the whole game, we could land somewhere good today. There have been 12+ pages added since I got up 5 hours ago, and you can't tell me that is quality work happening in those pages because I read half of them before I had to come here to the future and plead with you to have some sense.
In post 1993, VP Baltar wrote:Ari, you want to join me on the Wu wagon?

Math, you officially have the most posts in the game. Let that sink in.
In post 2143, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1647, MathBlade wrote:It’s a pretty outlandish claim all of herself, VP, Skitter, Datisi, fire, and Yeet are all town.
It’s even more outlandish DV, tene, Cape, and Nero are all town.
Yeah, what you're saying is fair here. There has to be some scum in there when that is half the town.

Did ari say both the mason wagons are pure? If so I missed that in the pages I didn't read
In post 2162, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2151, humaneatingmonkey wrote:it's in the way that you dismiss the case against ari and have announced that the past 20 pages are barely worth reading. it sends the wrong message.

please consider this post when backreading ari. i would like to know what you think about it, even if it's a dissenting opinion.
I can see the case you're making. What I'm trying to weigh is that ari and mathblade just finished a bitter AF game, and it's behind them, but also I am certain there are tender egos there. So it's like, is ari just acting contrarian to Math because of that?

Math did come in this game and start yelling in a similar way to that past game. I wasn't even alive when that fight happened and it was kind of triggering for me.

Ari's replaced, so I'm not really that attached and if we just yeet that slot D1, then whatever. D1 in a large isn't that important.

I think Wu looks not great in wagon positions and the fact his wagon falls apart at e-5 everytime is a red flag for me, but I'm not lockscum on anyone at this point and can be convinced to compromise.
In post 2163, VP Baltar wrote:But also, Ari's readslist was kind of a turd.
Does anyone have any thoughts on the possibility of VP/April being teammates together? I feel like it's a definite possibility and there's nothing in ISOs to necessarily discredit it for the most part.

VP feels like they're regularly throwing a lot of softball questions at Ari early game with fairly soft defences of them as well. They don't necessarily commit to the slot being full-on town because that potentially makes any association all too clear, but there are notably a few questions to the rest of the town against Ari - what's the case against them etc, in case VP was maybe reluctant to mount too strong a defence in case somebody had a more solid read on them. Likewise VP discredits their readlist to potentially create some distance between them, but doesn't necessarily elaborate on what's wrong with it at all.

I'd be intrigued to know VP's thoughts on how April has played the game so far, and what they make of what I thought was April's fairly flimsy mafia case against me.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:47 am

Discrediting me as a player whose opinion matters. Obviously. It's the same thing you did when Cape made points that you decided he was not allowed to scumread you for, except even more blatant. :)
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:52 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3617, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3610, MalcolmTucker wrote:The "town is playing bad" feels like a classic deflection - makes posters on the fence second guess where they stand in an attempt to sway it.
Nah, just the math vote is kind of the last straw for me. I'm not going to put a bunch of effort into something I've already dedicated a lot of time to for very few results.
I don't need to spend half my work day trying to convince lazy townies to actually critically think about the arguments being presented.
I've pressed people to articulate their reasons. I've posted rebuttals to those reasons and pointed out why they are bad.

What else am I supposed to be doing here in your eyes? As I stated before, my flip is going to justify everything I'm saying.
Again I don't think this is a particularly helpful approach at all. You're (presumably) experienced at this and if you are town, you'll know handling accusations and sustained pressure is a fundamental part of the game.

Like from an uninformed town POV, some of these posts (like the ones tenebros has made) feel less like genuine frustration and more an attempt to plant seeds in the heads of townies that we're actually very stupid for voting you. You talk about players not going on personalities and focusing on actual content instead, but this is like the definition of an appeal to emotion that is very much intended to direct players away from you without giving solid evidence as to why they should do so. I don't have a meta on you but you seem experienced...do you think calling townies lazy is likely to get them onside?

I don't really see that either, most of the game has seen players be quite engaged and a wide range of players have been suspected.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3619, MalcolmTucker wrote:I'd be intrigued to know VP's thoughts on how April has played the game so far, and what they make of what I thought was April's fairly flimsy mafia case against me.
My thoughts on the Ari slot:

I didn't really have a scum read on Ari. I could see an argument being made against this slot, but their frustration with the game also struck me as genuine.

As for April's case on you, IDK. April plays and thinks about the game very differently than me. I don't find it all that convincing, but I do appreciate pressure being applied in novel places today.

The biggest point against April I think is that she could be scum trying to pocket me. I found it a little weird that she agreed that my Cape case was decent, when what I posted would actually take a little time to fact check to see if what I was saying was accurate. Could be laziness, and April certainly had other things to reread, but given where she put me on her list, I'd think she'd want to check out my thoughts for accuracy/scum motivation.
YOUR AD HERE
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Scorpious »

This game is incredibly boring..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

saying that my case is mostly about feelings isn't really accurate. there's a mismatch between your text and your subtext. you keep demanding that people look at what actions are scummy, and that's because you've done a good job to make sure your actions on the face of it aren't very scummy. but the issue is that what you are implying and insinuating with some of your posts a lot of times does not line up with your stated beliefs. and that's not about personality, it's not about feelings, it's a mindset slip. you are not accurately recreating a town mindset, because i don't think you believe some of the things that you are saying or implying.

i can tell that you're frustrated by some of the cases on you. people usually are, as town or maf. but does town imply that nero's case comes from scum without actually believing that he is? does town imply that they think cape's case is bad and scummy and frustrating while stating that he is a top scumread for unrelated reasons, while also never really pushing there in earnest? maybe they do, but i think you should be able to see why i think it's less likely