April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3772, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 3725, April Ludgate wrote:My way too early prediction theory right now is:

Malcolm, Fire, Scorpius, Skitter slot
If I may contribute another reason to my case for Scorp town, I do not think as scum he would have reacted to my defending him by questioning my motives. He needed allies at that time and I think he would have just taken it.
Noted. Yeah, I had scorp town for a while too, so it's really a POE slot for me.

What're your thoughts on Malcolm?
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3774, fireisredsir wrote:also it took great effort to overcome my urges and not go with my initial instinct of "im obvtown so anyone suspecting me is confscum gg lock em up"

oh and i still think VP/malc is decently likely
Interesting. I hadn't really thought about that pairing, but I can see some cases for it.

Malcolm hasnt hopped onto the VPB wagon, and VPB has shied away from Malcolm.

I'll keep it in the back of my mind, not necessarily feeling it, but it's something I'll think about.

I really liked VPB's last hurrah post.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3774, fireisredsir wrote:also it took great effort to overcome my urges and not go with my initial instinct of "im obvtown so anyone suspecting me is confscum gg lock em up"

I'm more thinking you could be scum than suspecting you, if that makes sense.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

I'm going to take a break to not congest.

Thank you for giving Malcolm a chance. I'm almost more interested in watching the people react towards the Malcolm wagon than anything.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3771, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: Malcolm

at first i didn't buy the "im for sure getting elimmed so here are my last words... take me away..." from VP considering he isn't really in immediate danger of a lim, but. maybe i do buy it. i'm ok with seeing what happens here instead
What do you mean I'm not in danger of getting limmed? I was at E-2. That is pretty much the definition of in danger on D2 of a large.
YOUR AD HERE
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3776, April Ludgate wrote:

Interesting. I hadn't really thought about that pairing, but I can see some cases for it.

I'll keep it in the back of my mind, not necessarily feeling it, but it's something I'll think about.

when you first brought up malcolm, him and VP as a pairing was my first thought. i think it makes sense with the tene wagon, and some of the interactions early. but that's from the perspective of thinking VP is the scummier one, so idk if it's as clear of a connection in the other direction
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Like I've been miseliminated before but, as a last post before I check out for the night, I genuinely do not understand the case against me.

April's read is just really lazy. They admitted early on they'd barely read up on the game and they started accusing me. Since then their read on me has felt incredibly dishonest and lacking in substance. Like, again, I genuinely don't know what the case against me is at this point? April's argument basically seems to be I am simultaneously too townie and too suspect. Again, just bare nonsense.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by DeasVail »

at first i didn't buy the "im for sure getting elimmed so here are my last words... take me away..." from VP considering he isn't really in immediate danger of a lim, but. maybe i do buy it. i'm ok with seeing what happens here instead
I don’t buy it and think pre-elim effort posting is largely NAI (although appreciated regardless!) but I’m not opposed to Malcolm being voted. I’ll do a deeper dive into my read on Malcolm probably tonight Aus time.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In a hypo-VP&malc world, why would Malcom not just bus me here?

I find your stuff of my wagon very weird.

Why are you deciding you don't want me suddenly again?
YOUR AD HERE
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3780, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3776, April Ludgate wrote:

when you first brought up malcolm, him and VP as a pairing was my first thought. i think it makes sense with the tene wagon, and some of the interactions early. but that's from the perspective of thinking VP is the scummier one, so idk if it's as clear of a connection in the other direction
Sorry but you're a better player than this I reckon, the idea of a team of me and VP just doesn't work. Like I've put consistent pressure on that slot at times which would be unnecessary from mafia.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3779, VP Baltar wrote:

What do you mean I'm not in danger of getting limmed? I was at E-2. That is pretty much the definition of in danger on D2 of a large.
Tbf I do think VP is correct here.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

This wagon is genuinely all over the place, like there's town on it of course since it's not all mafia but I am yet to see one proper argument for me being scum.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3777, April Ludgate wrote:I'm more thinking you could be scum than suspecting you, if that makes sense.
meant VP not you. your POV makes a lot of sense and i think it is p reasonable for you to think i am possible scum from the perspective of actions and movement and all that jazz. i also have been considering a possible world where DV is scum for a while now, so that part makes sense to me
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3782, DeasVail wrote:

I don’t buy it and think pre-elim effort posting is largely NAI (although appreciated regardless!)
but I’m not opposed to Malcolm being voted.
I’ll do a deeper dive into my read on Malcolm probably tonight Aus time.
At what point have you suspected me so far? This is just a really weird wagon, makes no sense.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3780, fireisredsir wrote:when you first brought up malcolm, him and VP as a pairing was my first thought. i think it makes sense with the tene wagon, and some of the interactions early. but that's from the perspective of thinking VP is the scummier one, so idk if it's as clear of a connection in the other direction
If you think we are partners, why are you getting off my much bigger wagon?
YOUR AD HERE
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3779, VP Baltar wrote:What do you mean I'm not in danger of getting limmed? I was at E-2. That is pretty much the definition of in danger on D2 of a large.
who else do you think would have voted you? i guess this is more from my POV of still thinking you're likely maf so your teammates probs wouldn't. if you're town then maybe you were in some danger, idk, i didn't think you were that likely to be elimmed but maybe im wrong
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3788, MalcolmTucker wrote:

I don’t buy it and think pre-elim effort posting is largely NAI (although appreciated regardless!)
At what point have you suspected me so far? This is just a really weird wagon, makes no sense.
I have not. By “voted” I mean receiving votes rather than being eliminated. I haven’t decided whether I’m okay with that yet and need to spend some time thinking about my read on you. Your play has not stuck out to me either way so far.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3789, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3780, fireisredsir wrote:when you first brought up malcolm, him and VP as a pairing was my first thought. i think it makes sense with the tene wagon, and some of the interactions early. but that's from the perspective of thinking VP is the scummier one, so idk if it's as clear of a connection in the other direction
Yeah this logic makes no sense at all, like I've obviously not been all-out to eliminate you, but I'd argue I've had solid suspicion of you so far.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3789, VP Baltar wrote:If you think we are partners, why are you getting off my much bigger wagon?
i think it's a possibility. and cause i think april has cool ideas and im a big fan of the sudden unexpected wagon to see if it throws scum off their balance
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3791, DeasVail wrote:
In post 3788, MalcolmTucker wrote:

I have not. By “voted” I mean receiving votes rather than being eliminated. I haven’t decided whether I’m okay with that yet and need to spend some time thinking about my read on you. Your play has not stuck out to me either way so far.
Okay, but there are 17 players remaining in the game? How can you be fine with a null read being eliminated? There's more than enough out there so far to support the elimination of a player who you actually suspect.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3784, MalcolmTucker wrote:Sorry but you're a better player than this I reckon, the idea of a team of me and VP just doesn't work. Like I've put consistent pressure on that slot at times which would be unnecessary from mafia.
nah the interactions read as possibly partner pressure to me. scum def would do that especially on a player like VP who has said himself that he very rarely gets elimmed
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3787, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3777, April Ludgate wrote:I'm more thinking you could be scum than suspecting you, if that makes sense.
meant VP not you. your POV makes a lot of sense and i think it is p reasonable for you to think i am possible scum from the perspective of actions and movement and all that jazz. i also have been considering a possible world where DV is scum for a while now, so that part makes sense to me
This makes me a little sad because I’d like to think that the vibing is genuine but it’s okay, I get it.

PEdit: I mean, a null read being eliminated is something I’m totally okay with, but there’s probably enough from you for me to reflect on to form either a town or scumread, I just haven’t really done it yet.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3793, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3789, VP Baltar wrote:If you think we are partners, why are you getting off my much bigger wagon?
i think it's a possibility. and cause i think april has cool ideas and im a big fan of the sudden unexpected wagon to see if it throws scum off their balance
what if we were wagoning scum and then the Malcolm wagon is scum's response to it?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3789, VP Baltar wrote:
Tbh I was tempted by the wagon too because OOO SHINY and had to tell myself to stay strong
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3770, April Ludgate wrote:replace Cape with Malcolm, and this is the exact team I proposed earlier, VPB.

Scorpius, Malcolm, Fire, Skitter.
Definitely. I'll reread your Malcom case probably tomorrow to see how I feel about it. I'm still not sure, but I did find that one interaction with him that pinged me earlier, so I should pour over that time in the game again.
YOUR AD HERE