Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5250 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have to go now. There is at least one scum in that hood if not two. No way there’s zero.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #5251 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5247, MathBlade wrote:Because I think that hood has two scum in it for mechanics reasons as I said earlier

April is a carryover of Skitter read and boon pushed Malcolm over my objections AND admitted Malcolm was about not elimming in my scumreads.

And you haven’t given me anything to TR
April isn't Skitter. Galron is.

Not eliminating someone elses scumreads, even conftown, is NAI. Arguably disagreeing with conftown is more likely to come from town as scum can just select a read you are wrong on.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5252 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

As for the hood...

I asked Dats d1 for links of games he's played in with hoods. I bet he thought I was asking him to judge the reliability of mods putting scum in hoods but I wasn't. I had wanted to see what his normal reaction to hoods were like. I skimmed and I really didn't find anything.
In post 2260, Datisi wrote:
In post 2254, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2236, Datisi wrote:this makes me think, did skitter's wagon go up at like, any point other than last night?
I think some people had mentioned Skitter being scum most notably Math and Fire for not doing her "ping" thing.

Can you link me a game or 2 that you played in where there was a hood?
thanks, i'll check that out.

normal games that i've played in that had a hood are:
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=80974 - 9p, town/town
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=82613 - 9p, town/scum
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=83045 - 9p, town/town
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=84455 - 13p, town/town
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=84322 - 12p, town/scum/scum

and one game which had a scum/scum hood of a scum and a traito
r that i'm not really counting since it wasn't a hood in the usual sense.

so, yeah. i'm really not buying the notion that "there has to be scum in hood because *radio static*".
it could just be a very odd coincidence but even if Gal was a traitor we need to vote the 3 not him scum first but scum/traitor hoods do exist. I was in one too, dunno if it was the same game he was in or not.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5253 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5251, Titus wrote:
In post 5247, MathBlade wrote:Because I think that hood has two scum in it for mechanics reasons as I said earlier

April is a carryover of Skitter read and boon pushed Malcolm over my objections AND admitted Malcolm was about not elimming in my scumreads.

And you haven’t given me anything to TR
April isn't Skitter. Galron is.

Not eliminating someone elses scumreads, even conftown, is NAI. Arguably disagreeing with conftown is more likely to come from town as scum can just select a read you are wrong on.
I misspoke

April is Ari who defended Skitter

I really gotta go
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5254 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:52 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 5243, Titus wrote:1) You might disagree with how VP did handle the soft, which is fair. However, VP tried in a manner that got the soft out without Yeet claiming it. This left some doubt and made the scum kill more informative and saved a town from an elimination. Maybe VP could have claimed it for himself as a gambit, but other than that, I can't see what VP could have done differently.
2) Fair.
3) I'd like this sourced.
4) It is the trajectory with recent VP votes. Self sacrifice is null though.
1) im not saying he's scum for it or that he should have handled it differently (altho imo some of it looked p calculated and not a genuine town reaction). im saying that he doesn't deserve any towncred for it bc he would do the same as scum. and him acting like he does deserve towncred for it is scummy.
3)
4) im talking about earlier mostly, in d2. he did it even when galron/malc were lead wagons. today he's saying that he thinks his lim is bad for town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5255 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:54 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 5249, VP Baltar wrote:Reading the game state correctly is +town.
why? scum has a better read of the gamestate than town like 95% of the time
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5256 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 5221, MathBlade wrote:I am at like 80-95% sure he’s scum.
Galron legit thought he was dead.

My comment doesn't prove anything but I just wanted to say it because he said it in our hood night 3 and I thought it was funny
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5257 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Titus »

1) Why wouldn't scum just force Galron through until yeet was forced to claim, thus verifying the investigation result? If Enchant is town and honestly telling, then they net a dead Galron and possibly a dead yeet/blocked yeet and dead Math?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:00 am

Post by fireisredsir »

cause they think they can come out of it looking townier this way, and a town malcolm kill is just as good. the people pushing galron even after yeet makes it obvious he's softing are always gonna be easy pushes if town isn't thinking critically about things
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Nero

Not sure if this is scum. I'm voting here for the wagonomics and work with VP.

Join me VP?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5260 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:01 am

Post by fireisredsir »

oooo bold, i like it
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5261 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i mean everyone had already picked up on it. Scum pushing Gal was too much work besides scum were the ones sitting safely on the Malcolm ML.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5262 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5256, Cape90 wrote:
In post 5221, MathBlade wrote:I am at like 80-95% sure he’s scum.
Galron legit thought he was dead.

My comment doesn't prove anything but I just wanted to say it because he said it in our hood night 3 and I thought it was funny
Why did Galron think he was dead?

Did he not look at the VC?

Did he expect his partners to bus him?

This goes back to my prior theory of Galron just not checking in when he’s scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5263 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5258, fireisredsir wrote:cause they think they can come out of it looking townier this way, and a town malcolm kill is just as good. the people pushing galron even after yeet makes it obvious he's softing are always gonna be easy pushes if town isn't thinking critically about things
Fair. I wouldn't advocate that play as scum but I forget that people play differently. I'd feel that's slightly less good but it's arguably better for a risk averse team. Taking risks given at least two town wagons would be dangerous. I don't think that happened but I don't find it scummy or unreasonable.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5264 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5257, Titus wrote:1) Why wouldn't scum just force Galron through until yeet was forced to claim, thus verifying the investigation result? If Enchant is town and honestly telling, then they net a dead Galron and possibly a dead yeet/blocked yeet and dead Math?
Because if I am right Galron is scum and they won’t know how or why Yeet thinks inno

Could be Galron did the kill N1 as disposable scum
Or he’s traitor and didn’t want to risk it.

Then if they force Yeet to claim when Galron flips town learns a lot
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5265 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5259, Titus wrote:VOTE: Nero

Join me VP?
Who do you actually scum read?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5266 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

Ugh I really gotta go sorry I keep popping back
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5267 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4676, Mizzytastic wrote:
This is a problem from the
Igo Hatsuyoron
, a traditional collection of very hard go problems. We are still unsure if we have found the solution. It is considered the hardest go problem.

Official Votecount 2.18Galron (7): MathBlade, Cape90, tenebrousluminary, Enchant, MalcolmTucker, Nero Cain, Save the Dragons
[E-2]

MalcolmTucker (6): Eyes without a face, Yeet, April Ludgate, Scorpious, Galron, VP Baltar
VP Baltar (3): DeasVail, Titus, Frogsterking

Not Voting (1): fireisredsir

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to achieve an elimination.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2022-03-16 09:20:00).

click here for joined mod iso.
In post 4780, Mizzytastic wrote:
Sometimes you end up in a situation where neither player can kill off the other's stones. This is known as a
seki
and the spaces involved do not give points for either player.

Official Votecount 2.19MalcolmTucker (7): Eyes without a face, Yeet, April Ludgate, Scorpious, Galron, VP Baltar, Titus
[E-2]

VP Baltar (5): DeasVail, Frogsterking, tenebrousluminary, Save the Dragons, Nero Cain
Galron (4): MathBlade, Cape90, Enchant, MalcolmTucker

Not Voting (1): fireisredsir

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to achieve an elimination.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2022-03-16 09:20:00).

In post 4854, Mizzytastic wrote:
Alive, dead, seki, or ko are the four results a group can usually end up having. I'll be going more into the strategy of ko in the future, but for now here is the Carpenter's Square, a very complex corner that often ends up in a ko. It has been suggested that if you fully understand this corner you are at professional strength.

Official Votecount 2.20MalcolmTucker (9): Eyes without a face, Yeet, April Ludgate, Scorpious, Galron, VP Baltar, Titus, fireisredsir, MathBlade
[E-0!]

VP Baltar (5): DeasVail, Frogsterking, tenebrousluminary, Save the Dragons, Nero Cain
Galron (3): Cape90, Enchant, MalcolmTucker

Not Voting (0):

With 17 players alive, an elimination has been achieved.

Who do you think are scum sitting on Malcom? Do you think the VP wagon is pure?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5268 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5265, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5259, Titus wrote:VOTE: Nero

Join me VP?
Who do you actually scum read?
Scorpious eyes and DV are my biggest scumreads.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5269 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why vote me if you want to work with VP and he's voting eyes?

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5270 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5269, Nero Cain wrote:Why vote me if you want to work with VP and he's voting eyes?
VP was voting eyes to sheep me. I am deciding I should be second fiddle because I want to see reactions to you versus VP. If I'm right, we have plenty of time to call it off. If I'm wrong, then your reactions and the reactions of others would show that.

I want the fight between you and VP to get Math off this hood thing but still respect it enough to get documentation or reset if wrong.

You versus VP is great for the collective for now, even if neither of you get eliminated.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5271 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5264, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5257, Titus wrote:1) Why wouldn't scum just force Galron through until yeet was forced to claim, thus verifying the investigation result? If Enchant is town and honestly telling, then they net a dead Galron and possibly a dead yeet/blocked yeet and dead Math?
Because if I am right Galron is scum and they won’t know how or why Yeet thinks inno

Could be Galron did the kill N1 as disposable scum
Or he’s traitor and didn’t want to risk it.

Then if they force Yeet to claim when Galron flips town learns a lot
Let's slow down and unpack this.

If Galron was the traitor, then scum would have to know that and know yeet's result would be a good one. That is unlikely given how few posts Galron had d1. A traitor communication would have been spotted. Maybe it was before he came in but it'd have to be there. Then, they'd have to assume yeet cleared a player they're assuming to be bad.

If Galron did the n1 kill as "disposable scum", then this also makes suppositions. 1) That scum would infer that he wouldn't be blocked or 2) He's a goon with PRs and there's no multitasking. and 3) no one else fits better. That's still assumptions to make. They'd also have to assume yeet got a clear that shouldn't be true. They don't know his role.

Occam's Razor applies here.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5272 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Aaaand...
Get to know a Mizzy
Mafia - Currently playing: Nothing - Currently running: Large Normal 238
Mish Mash - Currently Playing: Nothing - Currently running: Nothing
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5273 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Sometimes a ko is onesided. One player doesn't lose much if they lose but wins big if they win or vice versa. This is called a picnic ko or flower ko. Here white could choose to just live by playing 4 after black 1, but instead created a ko for the whole group, instead of just accepting the smaller reduction. Black doesn't lose much if he loses the ko, but white loses everything if they do.

Official Votecount 3.5VP Baltar (5): Nero Cain, fireisredsir, MathBlade, tenebrousluminary, Enchant
[E-3]

Eyes without a face (2): Cape90, VP Baltar
Nero Cain (1): Titus
Enchant (1): Scorpious
April Ludgate (1): Save The Dragons

Not Voting (5): Frogsterking, DeasVail, Galron, Eyes without a face, April Ludgate

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to achieve an elimination.

Day 3 will end in (expired on 2022-03-25 22:15:00).

Get to know a Mizzy
Mafia - Currently playing: Nothing - Currently running: Large Normal 238
Mish Mash - Currently Playing: Nothing - Currently running: Nothing
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5274 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Titus »

I get some of the suspicion on VP, but I just can't bring myself to agree with it. Yet, the scummiest slot I find is Nero and he's not a scum scumread. The thread is largely made up of people who I have logical reasons to think their judgment is off this game.

I do have to consider that a broken clock is right twice a day and the sheer volume of town on that wagon is a thing.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy