Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5575 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 5570, fireisredsir wrote:nero what are the chances we can pull off a switch to titus

and if so can we ever trust VP again

also 100% chance VP says no to this idea as either alignment
Dawg, just stop.
YOUR AD HERE
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5576 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I would like to resolve VP today, if we really can't get him Titus is fine but VP should have been flipped yesterday. All his stuff about being a good hunter and a net positive for town is just bluster. Don't let him fool you.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5577 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ok ok just checking
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5578 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5558, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 5552, Frogsterking wrote:I didn't consider fakeclaiming to be AI from them.
What?
My reads on yeet and galron had nothing to do with each other or on yeet's alleged soft claims at the time. I already scumread yeet and my read on galron changed because of how
you
interacted with galron not because of yeet. I simply didn't care about the relationship between galron and yeet. EoD2 I cared about the relationship about you and galron, you and cape, and a little bit between you and yeet.
In post 5559, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 5552, Frogsterking wrote:I perceived softs to be coming in from both yeet and luminary
What????
Yeet wasn't the only player I noticed softs from EoD2 and I couldn't tell how much of it was in my imagination so I assumed I needed more evidence before I should change anything I was doing before I noticed them.
In post 5562, VP Baltar wrote:Frog, why would yeet make a YOLO fake claim to save a town wagon from lim if he was scum, which was your stated mindset at the time. You wanted to kill yeet, iirc.
"YOLO" is a good term for my read on yeet actually. I read Yeet as a creative YOLO player who was frequently distracting and pushing takes I disagreed with. I thought yeet was likely to flip maf this game because of the exceptions made around his slot at gamestart so I chose not to think deeply about most of the things he said. Given his recent flip it appears like my suspicious may not have been far off base if the interactions with the psychologist are important to how this setup was designed to be played.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5579 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5572, Titus wrote:
In post 5571, Nero Cain wrote:but with your proposed team scums bidding has been to not let VP die....
#confused?
fake

scum is voting me over VP today, the majority of scum was voting Malcolm. If you really believed in your world you'd have to believe that scum really really doesn't want VP flipped.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5580 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by Enchant »

Hi i am vigilante with psychologist game.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #5581 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 5576, Nero Cain wrote:I would like to resolve VP today, if we really can't get him Titus is fine but VP should have been flipped yesterday. All his stuff about being a good hunter and a net positive for town is just bluster. Don't let him fool you.
While I disagree with a VP elimination, I know he can't live until elo without a clear. A clear is unlikely to happen with yeet's flip. I'd rather admit I lost the argument and try again tomorrow than drag the town through a screaming match that is likely to fail and demotivate us further without a scumread of my own. In the rare event I am wrong, then I fully expect to be vigged tonight or eliminated tomorrow and I've made my peace with that. I think game health needs VP dead no matter how much I disagree.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5582 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Titus »

*strong scumread
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5583 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 5579, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5572, Titus wrote:
In post 5571, Nero Cain wrote:but with your proposed team scums bidding has been to not let VP die....
#confused?
fake

scum is voting me over VP today, the majority of scum was voting Malcolm. If you really believed in your world you'd have to believe that scum really really doesn't want VP flipped.
Or they just don't have to do anything
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5584 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 4942, VP Baltar wrote:Eyes, I would like a response to this
I already explained it directly to Malcolm. I merged my pools to "people I wouldn't vote" and "people I would vote". The overwhelming 1v1s made it impossible for me to distinguish between genuine fights and scum theatres so I changed my ways to try and single out players who were not in my strong town pool but should have been and Yeet won their spot on that list. I also thought Cape was getting better and later on April earned a spot on the strong TRs too.

Now please double check the wagon. April started it (a TR). Yeet is on it (another TR). VP (you) on it (yet another TR), and as the wagon grows fire also hops on (that's a 4th TR). Now why would I abandon a wagon when my townreads are on it and even those not on it (ex: Nero) were not exactly opposed to it? Yes I did initially vote Malcolm to see where it goes, but how the wagon went didn't alarm me and malcolm wasn't doing much to actually convince me to unvote him (he spent a lot of time complaining there was allegedly no case on him which is usually a scum tell. In my mind when someone keeps repeating that it is the equivalent of "it's not what you know. it's what you can prove" and that didn't bode well with me.

So neither Malcolm's reaction nor the composition of the wagon hinted I should unvote there. Not even the speed of it building up.

Finally as for not joining the tene wagon in particular it's the same reason why I elevated Yeet in my reads (maybe not as strong but the same principle). When I see someone defending another to death I get the sense they maybe a PR. Simple. I didn't want to put pressure on a potential PR to the point they had to claim (I try to learn from my mistakes). tene was defending Scorpious as hard as Yeet was defending Galron so I didn't want to go there and didn't want to point it out either.

I know someone or another is going to ask why out it now though (because that's the way it goes with some folks) and the answer is because I have to explain my choices now, and because with Yeet's flip I no longer think tene is a PR.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5585 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Titus »

Eyes, thoughts about VP and ending this day?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5586 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

VOTE: Titus
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5587 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Titus »

*sigh*
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5588 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Enchant »

WHAT DEATH OF VP-TOWN GIVES EXPECT SATISFACTION TO ALLOW THAT.
It literally gives nothing, no one will care about your reads, even if they promise.

Literally, it's mafia, it's aleays will be full of shitfights, if you couldn't punch your opponents in submission every game day, why even bother saving townreads.

With aim like these everyone can just "Nvm shit game" and selfvote.

Stop me please
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5589 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5586, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: Titus
eyes prob votes me over VP so your vote effectively make me the leading wagon.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5590 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

titus prob just TMIing, and yet still pushing for vp to get limmed

can we just get this instead
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5591 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Now I want to talk more about Dease. Dease completed a large normal a couple years ago with both Nero and Eyes. In that game Dease was the deepscum who made it to the endgame. There are a lot of similarities between Dease's play in that game and this game. I have a feeling Dease may be a player who needs pressure before he releases actual AI information.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5592 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 4944, MathBlade wrote:Question chain for Titus/April especially but anyone who wishes to answer: is my theorizing Scum have a traitor based on Yeet flip sound? If yes, would it be likely traitor + 1 scum in the hood?
I don't know the answer to that. At first it looked like Mizzy was explaining the role to the player as it is explained on the wiki, but when you point it out I could also see it as a hint. However, SK is also listed and we haven't had a 2nd kill in the game so far, so I don't know what to think.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5593 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 5589, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5586, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: Titus
eyes prob votes me over VP so your vote effectively make me the leading wagon.
if eyes doesn't sheep me on titus (he should) then ill switch back
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5594 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 5588, Enchant wrote:WHAT DEATH OF VP-TOWN GIVES EXPECT SATISFACTION TO ALLOW THAT.
It literally gives nothing, no one will care about your reads, even if they promise.

Literally, it's mafia, it's aleays will be full of shitfights, if you couldn't punch your opponents in submission every game day, why even bother saving townreads.

With aim like these everyone can just "Nvm shit game" and selfvote.

Stop me please
I wish I could even pretend to understand what this is saying. Shoot Nero tonight when I flip green. Save everyone the headache
YOUR AD HERE
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5595 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 5580, Enchant wrote:Hi i am vigilante with psychologist game.
Yeet's flip made me think Enchant might be telling the truth.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5596 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 5590, fireisredsir wrote:titus prob just TMIing, and yet still pushing for vp to get limmed

I'm not pushing for VP to get eliminated. I just can't herd cattle to get any of my suspects wagoned. I'd literally vote any of them to save my town core. That's Mama Bear.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5597 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

titus is pushing for a vp flip over a Nero one despite the wagons being close at 5-4, probably bc both are town and she knows a vp flip will make her look better than a Nero one
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5598 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 5590, fireisredsir wrote:titus prob just TMIing, and yet still pushing for vp to get limmed

No. Look, I'm not doing this bullshit everyday for seven game days. Yall chose to get rolled by Nero. Finish the job, learn from your mistakes and play better
YOUR AD HERE
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5599 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 5597, fireisredsir wrote:titus is pushing for a vp flip over a Nero one despite the wagons being close at 5-4, probably bc both are town and she knows a vp flip will make her look better than a Nero one
Literally everyone else is avoiding a comment on Nero. There are plenty of fake votes on VP from slots such as Deas. If I could get Nero, I'd take it in a heartbeat. It's just not happening.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy