KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 496, Bell wrote:
In post 492, Andante wrote:I could see Bell and Frogs as partners actually.... oh we're gonna go into dangerous territory real soon... when I get locked into team reads...
Please don't partner hunt before there are flips. This is a waste of time and brain power.
but I like partner hunting so much more!!! like, there's 4 whole mafia... so 4 people are here with the knowledge like "ok, gotta vote anyone outside these 3..."
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 498, Bell wrote:
In post 490, Andante wrote:
In post 487, Morning Tweet wrote:Andante lol i know sorry that was a stupid question in hindsight. I get alignments of previous games mixed a lot
lol it's all good!!! no such thing as stupid questions!!! I answer everything directed my way and more!!! (and if I miss is, it's an accident) don't want anyone feeling like I'm ignoring!!!

and frogs, I'm confused... lol what?
You ignored me!!!! Woof.
sorry!!! wasn't intentional!! just give me the post number or requote it plz
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VOTE: dwlee
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 499, Bell wrote:I'm mostly satisfied with Andante for lying about going to bed and instead spamming here.
lmao I'm not too satisfied... largely cause I want to sleep!! but like, people are showing up, and I wanna talk to some new people!!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Bell »

The odds of you being wrong is astronomically high, I can't remember the last time someone mentioned an associative day 1 and had it right.
Today is not such a day.

@Andante, nah. I don't care about it anymore tbh. I was just teasing.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:02 pm

In post 497, Andante wrote:
In post 494, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Frogster here feels so different from his scumgame in Internal Affairs that he's probably my strongest townread right now. What's caught your eye there, Andante?
the only difference is literally the fact he didn't play infernal affairs... then got very behind... like here, game just started, of course he's on top of it, just like that game...
That's fair, but not really enough to sway my read on him. I'd argue that falling behind in the first place is scum indicative for him.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 494, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Frogster here feels so different from his scumgame in Internal Affairs that he's probably my strongest townread right now. What's caught your eye there, Andante?
I'm hoping you're town here too Cat, it will help out my PoE a lot.
In post 483, Andante wrote:
In post 480, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 327, Dwlee99 wrote:Like at all lol

I scumread you in the last datisi game. I think our previous game together I probably townread you? This isn't a super longstanding pattern like you're making it out to be
I want to know which games Dwlee is referring to here.
In post 371, Bell wrote:*scum can you please nom Frogster king first as bomb guy.

Pedit: feels fake.
Bell can you explain what you were attempting to communicate here?
previous game? uhhh I believe there's 2 recent nes that come to mind
jk just the 1
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88949

ahhh see, everything just blurs together, but sure, funny once, repeat it? gets old
I think I understand but I don't really see it myself, I think Dwlee this game looks like a bad imitation of Dwlee's townplay from Infernal Affairs. I think Dwlee is a good candidate for the scum bucket.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 504, Bell wrote:The odds of you being wrong is astronomically high, I can't remember the last time someone mentioned an associative day 1 and had it right.
Today is not such a day.

@Andante, nah. I don't care about it anymore tbh. I was just teasing.
if there's any point in the entire game I have partner reads right... it's almost always early game, so I voice my thoughts... if I individually SR 2 people, and their interactions are odd... high chance both just scum....

and lol alright!! I just don't want people feeling ignored!! cause I'm really not intentionally ignoring stuff
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 505, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
the only difference is literally the fact he didn't play infernal affairs... then got very behind... like here, game just started, of course he's on top of it, just like that game...
That's fair, but not really enough to sway my read on him. I'd argue that falling behind in the first place is scum indicative for him.
How did you realize that?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:04 pm

I strongly dislike dwlee's Andante push.

Andante feels townish here, and I also know she's kind of an easy mislim having fallen into the trap of tunneling her more than once recently. I think dwlee knows this too.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Andante can you post your updated reads list with the explanations?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:05 pm

In post 508, Frogsterking wrote:
You were ellitelling a lot as scum, which I pointed out in Internal Affairs.

Speaking of which, did you guys know we can't point out ellitell anymore? I got a warning for that post lol.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by Andante »

hasn't had the chance to fall behind yet tbh, that's where I was mostly like, I'll sort him later

and I think @frogs,
yeah I know, I'm not saying Dwlee is lock town, I'm just saying I'm not putting Dwlee as lock scum for annoying me there, I mean I think I'm voting them, so like... yeah idk what thought of mine you're wanting there, like, Dwlee is repeating something they've done before, only this time, that's all they've done... so yeah I scum lean Dwlee over Town lean, but I'm not gonna scream for a dwlee lim, I have 8 unsorted people...

CSF is joining the possible town pool next time I update that list
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:10 pm

In post 479, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 476, Lukewarm wrote:Titus was my early town read for a dumb reason.
Oh, and after that
I actually found her non-serious mason claim townie, even if I dont like fake mason claiming.

Both from an approach from her towards a possible miselim if he is town, but not in a way that I think scum would do for a partner if he is scum. But also in a similarity in how I've seen her approach games before.

I would say greeting and Titus are my strongest reads of those 5
Baffled by this Titus townread
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:10 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 511, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 508, Frogsterking wrote:
You were ellitelling a lot as scum, which I pointed out in Internal Affairs.

Speaking of which, did you guys know we can't point out ellitell anymore? I got a warning for that post lol.
Hmm
In post 512, Andante wrote:
hasn't had the chance to fall behind yet tbh, that's where I was mostly like, I'll sort him later

and I think @frogs,
yeah I know, I'm not saying Dwlee is lock town, I'm just saying I'm not putting Dwlee as lock scum for annoying me there, I mean I think I'm voting them, so like... yeah idk what thought of mine you're wanting there, like, Dwlee is repeating something they've done before, only this time, that's all they've done... so yeah I scum lean Dwlee over Town lean, but I'm not gonna scream for a dwlee lim, I have 8 unsorted people...

CSF is joining the possible town pool next time I update that list
I thought you just said you were about to update the list again
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Goodfellas / Best Social Game
Cephrir
he/him
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

HEAL: andante
HEAL: frog

i'm masons with myself
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 481, Andante wrote:
In post 411, Andante wrote:
In post 380, Andante wrote:Mostly for me later, so I know what I'm thinking/where I'm at

Probably town:
catboi - I think town!catboi outs a TR on me where he did, cause scum!catboi had no reason
cephrir - based on the comment about me being "such obvious town" in control, but not here, I do think Cephrir is town, cause I think scum!Cephrir here views me the same as scum!ceph there, so there's be no question on me being town
PookyTheMagicalBear - not trying to pocket Tweet, and I feel like that's what scum!pooky would be doing

Possibly town:
The Praetorian - there's been a few things, I could see it being town for sure, I'm not sold yet though
Titus - A good amount of posts I've liked, especially recently, want more, but I definitely think she's looking good
Morning Tweet -
has definitely had moments I've been sus of, ummm doesn't appear to be playing with a towny mindset, I could be wrong, we'll see what content Tweet brings later
Upgrading to a possibly town, cause same reason as Pooky, I feel like scum!Tweet would be more trying to pocket pooky
Cat Scratch Fever - has only had good posts, I completely agree with the Dwlee stuff they're saying, I want more on others before I commit to a strong TR though

I'm thinking scum:
VP Balter - doesn't care that people SR him, the town!VP I remember is a LOT different than this, and had the line about asking "dumb questions" I HATED... I'm seriously convinced that line only comes from scum
Bell - I agree with Pooky on this one, I can definitely see Bell!scum here, but with the amount of coasting people... I'm not 100% sold on this SR, but I don't think Bell looks great

Evaluate later:
Frogsterking - I honestly think he's not town, but like, he's easy to sort, cause if he's maf he's gonna stop participating/trying, but gun to head... frog not town

No Clue:
Lukewarm - mehhh everyone else thinks scum, idk, gave decent reasonings for the heals, not exactly reasons I see maf giving, but probably need to talk to catboi tomorrow on this one
GuiltyLion
The Bulge - I THINK Bulge is worse than bell... I'd have to ISO Bulge, but not a huge fan of what I can recall from the posts, but not certain there's enough for me to commit to a SR
Dwlee99
Greeting
Andresvmb
Menalque - called me town lean off 2 posts...d I kinda like that :) but could be TMI.. who knows
StrangeMatter
had to update 1 thing before I go :)
While I'm thinking of it I should update this
List has been requested!!!
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 514, Frogsterking wrote:I thought you just said you were about to update the list again
lol I mean I just posted it like 30 posts ago!!! not much changes in 30 posts...
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 516, Andante wrote:
In post 481, Andante wrote:
In post 411, Andante wrote:
In post 380, Andante wrote:Mostly for me later, so I know what I'm thinking/where I'm at

Probably town:
catboi - I think town!catboi outs a TR on me where he did, cause scum!catboi had no reason
cephrir - based on the comment about me being "such obvious town" in control, but not here, I do think Cephrir is town, cause I think scum!Cephrir here views me the same as scum!ceph there, so there's be no question on me being town
PookyTheMagicalBear - not trying to pocket Tweet, and I feel like that's what scum!pooky would be doing

Possibly town:
The Praetorian - there's been a few things, I could see it being town for sure, I'm not sold yet though
Titus - A good amount of posts I've liked, especially recently, want more, but I definitely think she's looking good
Morning Tweet -
has definitely had moments I've been sus of, ummm doesn't appear to be playing with a towny mindset, I could be wrong, we'll see what content Tweet brings later
Upgrading to a possibly town, cause same reason as Pooky, I feel like scum!Tweet would be more trying to pocket pooky
Cat Scratch Fever - has only had good posts, I completely agree with the Dwlee stuff they're saying, I want more on others before I commit to a strong TR though

Maybe town... IDK!!! LATER PROBLEM TO SORT!!!
Bell -
I agree with Pooky on this one, I can definitely see Bell!scum here, but with the amount of coasting people... I'm not 100% sold on this SR, but I don't think Bell looks great
I think bell might be town, and that's like mostly a gut read

I'm thinking scum:
VP Balter - doesn't care that people SR him, the town!VP I remember is a LOT different than this, and had the line about asking "dumb questions" I HATED... I'm seriously convinced that line only comes from scum

Evaluate later:
Frogsterking - I honestly think he's not town, but like, he's easy to sort, cause if he's maf he's gonna stop participating/trying, but gun to head... frog not town

No Clue:
Lukewarm - mehhh everyone else thinks scum, idk, gave decent reasonings for the heals, not exactly reasons I see maf giving, but probably need to talk to catboi tomorrow on this one
GuiltyLion
The Bulge - I THINK Bulge is worse than bell... I'd have to ISO Bulge, but not a huge fan of what I can recall from the posts, but not certain there's enough for me to commit to a SR
Dwlee99
Greeting
Andresvmb
Menalque - called me town lean off 2 posts...d I kinda like that :) but could be TMI.. who knows
StrangeMatter
had to update 1 thing before I go :)
While I'm thinking of it I should update this
List has been requested!!!
oops forgot to move Bell!!! SORRY BELL!!!
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Andante »

lol yeah I talk too much.. yall got this!! I'll let others take a turn at talking/doing stuff!! have fun!!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I wonder what the odds are Cat just popped in to pocket both of us by saying exactly what we want to hear
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 515, Cephrir wrote:HEAL: andante
HEAL: frog

i'm masons with myself
Can you elaborate on this?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:20 pm

HEAL: frogster
HEAL: Greeting
HEAL: catboi
HEAL: Andante
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:21 pm

In post 520, Frogsterking wrote:I wonder what the odds are Cat just popped in to pocket both of us by saying exactly what we want to hear
What?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 470, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 466, Andante wrote:
In post 443, Frogsterking wrote:I feel like Pooky would need to have really polished scum play for their current iso to come from scum.

I feel Catboi is TMIing with their VP and Andante reads,
but maybe he's just got good reads.

Luke complaining about the catch up and overreacting to my read is a bad look.
ehhh the catboi read on me... very well could be from scum!catboi, but I feel like scum!catboi would be treating my slot differently here, I could be so wrong, but like, I'm not sorting him day 1 in this large game, he has seen my very best scum games, as well as a lot of my town, so ehhh not really sold on a "that read is TMI!!" type thing, nor do I think that's a path worth going down right now
I actually was just reflecting that Dwlee could be scum putting you on tilt intentionally.

I feel like catboi is probably town.
I'm suggesting you read this while watching from the scum PT and decided it could be an effective entrance to say both andante and I are town and that dwlee is scum, with the goal of pocketing both Andante and I simultaneously. It could be a smart scum move.

Like your slot is coming off too good to be true so I'm wondering if I'm being played here or if you're the obvtown slot I've been looking for.