KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:20 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.04
  • with
    votes in play, it takes
    to make a decision.
  • day 1 ends in
    (expired on 2022-04-06 19:15:00)
    players who have the most nominations at eod1 will be bomb experts on n1.

execution:

VP Baltar [4]:
Frogsterking, GuiltyLion, The Praetorian, PookyTheMagicalBear
Lukewarm [4]:
catboi, Bell, VP Baltar, Menalque
PookyTheMagicalBear [3]:
Cephrir, Morning Tweet, Lukewarm
Frogsterking [2]:
Dwlee99, StrangeMatter
Dwlee99 [2]:
Andante, Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever [1]:
Greeting
catboi [1]:
Titus
Andante [1]:
The Bulge

not voting [1]:
Andresvmb

bomb expert nominations:

Andante [7]:
Menalque, The Praetorian, Titus, PookyTheMagicalBear, Lukewarm, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever
Frogsterking [6]:
Titus, VP Baltar, The Praetorian, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever
Greeting [6]:
catboi, Cephrir, Morning Tweet, PookyTheMagicalBear, Lukewarm, Cat Scratch Fever
The Praetorian [4]:
The Bulge, Menalque, Frogsterking, PookyTheMagicalBear
catboi [4]:
VP Baltar, Dwlee99, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever
Titus [3]:
The Praetorian, PookyTheMagicalBear, Lukewarm
Morning Tweet [3]:
The Praetorian, Dwlee99, Lukewarm
StrangeMatter [2]:
Frogsterking, Lukewarm
Cephrir [2]:
Titus, Frogsterking
GuiltyLion [1]:
The Praetorian
Dwlee99 [1]:
VP Baltar

not nominating [6]:
Andante, GuiltyLion, Greeting, Andresvmb, StrangeMatter, Bell

mod notes:
  • the vote counter is acting weird and i'm counting votes by hand, let me know if i make any mistakes.
Last edited by Datisi on Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:22 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 622, Andante wrote:can I get your thoughts on Cat Scratch please?
I did not garner any substantive thoughts on CatS on my initial read through this morning
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:23 am

Post by catboi »

In post 624, Menalque wrote:
In post 618, Frogsterking wrote:Menalque..I wonder what kind of game you're playing at here..
It’s a social deduction game that involves an uninformed majority putting their wits against an informed minority

There are generally two phases, a day phase and a night phase, with a different faction predominating in either

It originally went by the name “werewolf” and originated as a type of party game between university students in Russia

Hope that helps!
lmao
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:25 am

Post by Andante »

In post 623, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 622, Andante wrote:
In post 620, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 603, Frogsterking wrote: looks like a scumpost to me.
I agree
I'm not seeing it, please explain what about it looks scummy, and in addition to that, can I get your thoughts on Cat Scratch please?
In post 586, Bell wrote:My lukewarm algorithm is reading red.
"I have a way of reading Luke and it makes me think that he is scum"

When asked to back up his read, his response was
In post 601, Bell wrote:
In post 595, Menalque wrote:
In post 592, Bell wrote:It’s pretty much related to how they’re navigating suspicion. What they’re choosing to address, how long they choose to address a topic, etc.
Could you highlight where pls? I’ve looked at the iso and I can maybe get on board but I want a better idea of what you’re seeing first
I have no idea how to highlight vague pattern differentials.
They’ll post more. Maybe those new posts will trip your scumdar.
Maybe skim the scum game they linked that they’re proud of.
And see the differences between town luke and scum luke.

I’m not sure how much you’ve played with them tho, so I’m not sure how familiar you are with town luke.
-I cannot point to any posts or really explain it
-Second line precludes the possibility that I could be town
-Tells someone else to go do meta work to figure out why I am scum, despite not being able to say anything about it themselves

Felt more like posturing about me being scum then an actual read.
Ahhh yeah ok I can kinda see it, like overall, it's not really something that has me going "LOCK SCUM!!" like, yes it's a bad look that we're going "Luke maf, now look for yourself" cause usually if you have a SR you have something to back it up, but also along those lines, why would scum answer like bell did there? instead of "these are bad posts" so for me it goes both ways tbh, it's still very early. Not saying I disagree about it being a bad look!!! Like, I definitely agree it's terrible, but I'm not certain that alone makes Bell maf, like I think I'm actually more suspicious of Cat Scratch right now, but again, I need more.. a lot more

Ok, no thoughts? so like.. nothing about how Cat Scratch comes in and basically repeats the top thoughts at the time? and that Dwlee push?
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:28 am

Post by Andante »

catboi, am I crazy for thinking Cat might be maf? like, they don't even have a lot of posts, but something there feels really off to me... idk
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:31 am

Post by catboi »

In post 629, Andante wrote:catboi, am I crazy for thinking Cat might be maf? like, they don't even have a lot of posts, but something there feels really off to me... idk
It's not impossible given she only has 11 posts, although on reading them I actually felt vaguely positive about them. But there's a lot of people who might be mafia right now. It's early still.
The Praetorian
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:43 am

Post by The Praetorian »

andante town
Lukewarm scum
vp still scum
Frogster town
Cephrir scum

just need one more, maybe bell randed scum again lul
The Praetorian
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
Townie

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:44 am

Post by The Praetorian »

for the first time ever im having trouble keeping up with a large games posts and im following my own advice on how to at least stay engage. Ngl it isnt a bad method
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 574, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 518, Andante wrote:the town!VP I remember
I meant to ask last night, what game are you referring to? Outside of marathons, I can't remember the last time we played together.
@andante think you missed this
YOUR AD HERE
The Praetorian
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
Townie

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:46 am

Post by The Praetorian »

catboi can stay in null out of spite and ill out my real read later.
keep them out of expert chats bc he doesnt use hoods
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Andante »

In post 518, Andante wrote:
In post 516, Andante wrote:
In post 481, Andante wrote:
In post 411, Andante wrote:
In post 380, Andante wrote:Mostly for me later, so I know what I'm thinking/where I'm at

Probably town:
catboi - I think town!catboi outs a TR on me where he did, cause scum!catboi had no reason
cephrir - based on the comment about me being "such obvious town" in control, but not here, I do think Cephrir is town, cause I think scum!Cephrir here views me the same as scum!ceph there, so there's be no question on me being town
PookyTheMagicalBear - not trying to pocket Tweet, and I feel like that's what scum!pooky would be doing

Possibly town:
The Praetorian - there's been a few things, I could see it being town for sure, I'm not sold yet though
Dwlee99 - I wanna say this is gonna be Dwlee's town game, but.. the heavy focus on me has me suspicious, cause I feel like for scum!Dwlee here, the EASIEST thing to do, would be to "push andante for RXNs" like, it's not hard to push me.. I know that much.. but if they actually start solving/making actual reads, probably gonna move them to more towny pool.
Titus - A good amount of posts I've liked, especially recently, want more, but I definitely think she's looking good
Morning Tweet -
has definitely had moments I've been sus of, ummm doesn't appear to be playing with a towny mindset, I could be wrong, we'll see what content Tweet brings later
Upgrading to a possibly town, cause same reason as Pooky, I feel like scum!Tweet would be more trying to pocket pooky

Maybe town... IDK!!! LATER PROBLEM TO SORT!!!
Bell -
I agree with Pooky on this one, I can definitely see Bell!scum here, but with the amount of coasting people... I'm not 100% sold on this SR, but I don't think Bell looks great
I think bell might be town, and that's like mostly a gut read
Lukewarm - mehhh everyone else thinks scum, idk, gave decent reasonings for the heals, not exactly reasons I see maf giving, but probably need to talk to catboi tomorrow on this one - lol still need to talk to catboi... hahaha not now though - umm I kinda am getting good vibes right now from luke, not gona lie

Lol my 2 Maybe towns are going at each other too... kinda funny

I'm thinking scum:
Cat Scratch Fever -
has only had good posts, I completely agree with the Dwlee stuff they're saying, I want more on others before I commit to a strong TR though
idk.. this morning I like really woke up thinking about frog's "too good to be true" comment, and now I can't stop thinking about that, I know what I want to see that'll convince me Cat town, and that will throw Cat in the lock town pool, soo I'm not super worried
VP Balter - doesn't care that people SR him, the town!VP I remember is a LOT different than this, and had the line about asking "dumb questions" I HATED... I'm seriously convinced that line only comes from scum - Might be town actually ** need to look into ISO later, also how dare VP not remember we've played at least 1 normal together before... pshhh

Evaluate later:
Frogsterking - I honestly think he's not town, but like, he's easy to sort, cause if he's maf he's gonna stop participating/trying, but gun to head... frog not town - aghhh but frogs has had good takes... who knows?!?!

No Clue:
GuiltyLion -
The Bulge - I THINK Bulge is worse than bell... I'd have to ISO Bulge, but not a huge fan of what I can recall from the posts, but not certain there's enough for me to commit to a SR
Greeting
Andresvmb
Menalque - called me town lean off 2 posts...d I kinda like that :) but could be TMI.. who knows
StrangeMatter
had to update 1 thing before I go :)
While I'm thinking of it I should update this
List has been requested!!!
oops forgot to move Bell!!! SORRY BELL!!!
I'm just gonna update this with what I'm thinking cause I got thoughtsss then I'll be back later - yeah my lists are kinda ordered for what I most believe to least believe.. down to 6 people in the "no clue" pool.... not too bad!!!! not feeling too great about umm my actual SRs though, 4 maf.. I don't have strong conviction behind my 2 scum leans... and telling me there's 2-4 in my no clue pool?? lol
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 635, Andante wrote:how dare VP not remember we've played at least 1 normal together before... pshhh
Do you remember the game name? I'd like to look at it. Feel like it was maybe awhile ago? Like when I first came back in 2020 or so.
YOUR AD HERE
The Praetorian
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
Townie

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:53 am

Post by The Praetorian »

i shall stay ignored and dodge the nightkill epic
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Andante »

@catboi alright, hmmm, yeah I know only 11 posts, like, it's not a SR I'd die on right now, but it's just, I can't get over the like "perfect takes" like, I'd SR that over bell's "look for yourself" reasoning, idk!! we'll see what happens
In post 631, The Praetorian wrote:andante town
Lukewarm scum
vp still scum
Frogster town
Cephrir scum

just need one more, maybe bell randed scum again lul
I'm gonna need something on the Cephrir SR, like, what are you seeing that I'm not?
In post 632, The Praetorian wrote:for the first time ever im having trouble keeping up with a large games posts and im following my own advice on how to at least stay engage. Ngl it isnt a bad method
lol, my strat is just "dump all thoughts into the thread... preferably by quoting the same post over and over, and bam! never lost!!

@VP uhh I'm not gonna go searching, but I wanna say you were in the 3 maf doc normal game with osuka - lol jk no you weren't I honestly feel like I remember being in a game with you though.. ok this is gonna bother me, I'll just go through yours in a sec
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Bell »

In post 600, catboi wrote:
In post 590, Menalque wrote:I’ll be honest, I’m going to be skimming any pages that happen when I’m asleep at best
I think the game will go smoother if we just assume people are going to miss things for the first few days
In post 623, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 622, Andante wrote:
In post 620, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 603, Frogsterking wrote: looks like a scumpost to me.
I agree
I'm not seeing it, please explain what about it looks scummy, and in addition to that, can I get your thoughts on Cat Scratch please?
In post 586, Bell wrote:My lukewarm algorithm is reading red.
"I have a way of reading Luke and it makes me think that he is scum"

When asked to back up his read, his response was
In post 601, Bell wrote:
In post 595, Menalque wrote:
In post 592, Bell wrote:It’s pretty much related to how they’re navigating suspicion. What they’re choosing to address, how long they choose to address a topic, etc.
Could you highlight where pls? I’ve looked at the iso and I can maybe get on board but I want a better idea of what you’re seeing first
I have no idea how to highlight vague pattern differentials.
They’ll post more. Maybe those new posts will trip your scumdar.
Maybe skim the scum game they linked that they’re proud of.
And see the differences between town luke and scum luke.

I’m not sure how much you’ve played with them tho, so I’m not sure how familiar you are with town luke.
-I cannot point to any posts or really explain it
-Second line precludes the possibility that I could be town
-Tells someone else to go do meta work to figure out why I am scum, despite not being able to say anything about it themselves

Felt more like posturing about me being scum then an actual read.
This rebuttal is so uninspired that you might as well have said “no, u”
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Andante »

FOUND IT VP!!!! Pick your poison
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:59 am

Post by catboi »

In post 634, The Praetorian wrote:catboi can stay in null out of spite and ill out my real read later.
keep them out of expert chats bc he doesnt use hoods
My impression was that your opening to the game was scummy. I could, of course, have been premature in that assessment. We'll see.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Andante »

In post 637, The Praetorian wrote:i shall stay ignored and dodge the nightkill epic
but what if I wanna fearkill you for SRing my partners? XD
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Andante »

In post 640, Andante wrote:FOUND IT VP!!!! Pick your poison
ughhh and skiming that I know exactly why you were coming to mind... maybe I compare the meta later... probably not though...

ughh sometimes I hate the game of mafia lol it's like, how much effort do I want to give, for a point that may or may not be stupid... good news is, I have like 20 minutes max till I have to leave so it aint happening now.. ughh but if I really do SR VP I wanna compare that town game to this to see how different they are... VP please just be towny here or someone else be scummy plz. thanks!!
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Andante »

In post 625, Datisi wrote:the vote counter is acting weird and i'm counting votes by hand, let me know if i make any mistakes.
omg... that is... rip
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Andante »

UNVOTE:
I already have way too many posts this game... well I should unvote before going, cause people love to like speed lim lately.. and I'd rather not lim till Andres shows up, and uhh like I can get some kind of read on my 6 unknowns lol
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 643, Andante wrote:VP please just be towny here or someone else be scummy plz. thanks!!
I am town! I think you're tunneled on something that isn't AI.

I'll do some skimming in PYP, thanks for finding it. (Though probs later, i have to start a long work day now. :( )
YOUR AD HERE
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Andante »

yeah there's like no rush lol, I'll be gone for like the next 12 hours... ughh we love Bayesian!!! I want to say... my reads are really wrong somewhere, so I think I need to look into them and really question the ones I'm calling town, cause if I tr 2 maf, that'll really explain what I'm seeing here.. woooo yeet in my TRs today maybe?? hahahaha next level strats!!!
Step 1: make reads
Step 2: yeet in the town reads!!!! lmaooooo

probably yeeting in the TRs/no reads though tbh
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:27 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I can’t believe there’s this many pages in this game already.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:28 am

Post by Andante »

In post 648, Andresvmb wrote:I can’t believe there’s this many pages in this game already.
24 hours 24 pages. easy!!!