KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Andante »

know what, I have the answer to all my problems... everyone please un heal me. thanks
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Andante »

lmao epic page top
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 849, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm just powerskimming to get caught up first but so far I'm vibing with most of the seemingly consensus reads so far this game

Luke scumreads make sense to me and I'm down to sheep the case laid out by catboi and others

like that Menalque has the same attitude on page 25

as of page 25 I'm down to vote any of Dwlee/Luke/Baltar

StrangeMatter Frog vote is odd, I have a hard time understanding how Frog can be anyone's choice of "this is the best use of my vote and the slot most likely to flip scum"
Consensus reads mentioned again.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:32 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1024, Greeting wrote:
In post 1021, Andante wrote:
In post 1019, Greeting wrote:
In post 792, Andante wrote:excuse me? you hate my playstyle so what point are you trying to make? You calling me scum?
This is such a misrepresentation of what I said and meant.

I am aiming to support the towniest people I can find in this game to be bomb experts. I don't know how to read you well, so I'd rather you weren't a bomb expert. I also don't get why people townread you at all.

That's all, folks!
how is me asking you a question a misrepresentation??
I have the most posts here I think, if you don't tr me, then you sr me, so why? what's the reason?
I don't hate your playstyle, I never said I did, plus I didn't call you scum.

From my point of view, this game involves both townhunting and scumhunting at the same time. I feel like it's mechanically much better to put in a townread as a bomb expert than a nullread.
you said: Plus, I don't trust Andante, she has a playstyle which I can never read well.
like, why does my playstyle even matter? if you have a problem with one part just tell me... only want long wall posts? I can do that!! like, I read that, took it as "don't like andante cause of her playstyle" like, ok.. how else am I supposed to respond to that?? wanna tell me the specifics? what I can do to be more readable?? cause this is just the beggining, and if you hate how I play.... we're in for a long game
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:40 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't think i can read you very well either andante, and your playstyle is a big part of that. that is not at all saying that i hate your playstyle or don't like you. being readable by others is only part of the game
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1029, fireisredsir wrote:i don't think i can read you very well either andante, and your playstyle is a big part of that. that is not at all saying that i hate your playstyle or don't like you. being readable by others is only part of the game
what are your reads currently looking like this game, I think that'd help me
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The hardest thing about reading Andante is she somehow both needs to use MORE and LESS punctuation.
YOUR AD HERE
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 988, Malakittens wrote:Ugh catboi is sassy this game.
why are you so grumpy? :(
Hello,
Mala
!

I don't feel like
catboi
is sassy. Sassiness is being slightly mean like poking fun into something.
Catboi
was being obviously rude, not just to me but to
Pooky
and
VP Baltar
. Unfortunately, I feel like this could potentially be alignment indicative. I've played with
catboi
a few times before and he was never like this. Which is why I will not be supporting him to be a bomb expert today.

There's also a second reason: he seems to be very knowledgeable about this setup, which could either mean that he's individually very experienced in mafia games and games in general (likely), but this knowledge could have also been a result of him having a private space to analyse the setup with someone equally experienced (also likely).

And we know that all PTs are open for business. I intepret this as also including the scum PT.
In post 2, Datisi wrote:all private topics will be open at all times.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Greeting »

Bookmarking post for later.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Andante »

lol I keep getting distracted by all the talk about me.. ok VP, pick a person, we're sorting them, lets gooo
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1032, Greeting wrote:
In post 988, Malakittens wrote:Ugh catboi is sassy this game.
why are you so grumpy? :(
Hello,
Mala
!

I don't feel like
catboi
is sassy. Sassiness is being slightly mean like poking fun into something.
Catboi
was being obviously rude, not just to me but to
Pooky
and
VP Baltar
. Unfortunately, I feel like this could potentially be alignment indicative. I've played with
catboi
a few times before and he was never like this. Which is why I will not be supporting him to be a bomb expert today.

There's also a second reason: he seems to be very knowledgeable about this setup, which could either mean that he's individually very experienced in mafia games and games in general (likely), but this knowledge could have also been a result of him having a private space to analyse the setup with someone equally experienced (also likely).

And we know that all PTs are open for business. I intepret this as also including the scum PT.
In post 2, Datisi wrote:all private topics will be open at all times.
This actually sums up a lot of my thoughts about catboi, but I'm just kinda ignoring him for now, but I do think this is a good take Greeting!! maybe you are town...
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:52 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1030, Andante wrote:what are your reads currently looking like this game, I think that'd help me
im not feeling a lot of strong ones. im finding it kinda hard to play the game in the way that i normally would like to, prob cause i entered the game with a bunch of votes already on me and that changes a lot of dynamics

but...

id say greeting and frog look p towny. catboi and vp look towny also but they're scary so idk if I trust them. im also kinda hesitantly trusting lion for now despite my initial sus. for scum rn im most interested in MT, menalque, andres. im not really feeling very trusting of csf, strange, and bell and am keeping an eye there, but am not really interested in pursuing there at the moment. the rest are somewhere in between or i don't have a good feel for them yet
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1032, Greeting wrote:I don't feel like catboi is sassy. Sassiness is being slightly mean like poking fun into something. Catboi was being obviously rude, not just to me but to Pooky and VP Baltar. Unfortunately, I feel like this could potentially be alignment indicative. I've played with catboi a few times before and he was never like this. Which is why I will not be supporting him to be a bomb expert today.
I did notice this as well, but I kind of wondered how much his new avi has to do with perception of it.

I know it sounds crazy! But I feel like avis can have an unconscious bias influence on how snippy people think you're being. People legit call me scummy all the time in games as town, and I think part of it is my avatar.

All that being said, catboi did seem slightly aggressive in a few interactions, where it seemed a bit much. Could also just be having RL annoyances I guess, so overall, not sure I agree with him not being an expert. He does have a good grasp of the setup, and I think that's something we want to leverage if he's town.
YOUR AD HERE
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1032, Greeting wrote:Unfortunately, I feel like this could potentially be alignment indicative. I've played with catboi a few times before and he was never like this.
ive read some games with him in it and do not think this is alignment indicative lol, if anything i think he is that way as town more often
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1036, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1030, Andante wrote:what are your reads currently looking like this game, I think that'd help me
im not feeling a lot of strong ones. im finding it kinda hard to play the game in the way that i normally would like to, prob cause i entered the game with a bunch of votes already on me and that changes a lot of dynamics

but...

id say greeting and frog look p towny. catboi and vp look towny also but they're scary so idk if I trust them. im also kinda hesitantly trusting lion for now despite my initial sus. for scum rn im most interested in MT, menalque, andres. im not really feeling very trusting of csf, strange, and bell and am keeping an eye there, but am not really interested in pursuing there at the moment. the rest are somewhere in between or i don't have a good feel for them yet
hmm ok, can I get some explanations for the catboi tr, and why you're trusting lion even though you're sus of lion? (Don't worry about "scary" people... I promise they're just like me and you, super nice!!)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:57 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1037, VP Baltar wrote:I did notice this as well, but I kind of wondered how much his new avi has to do with perception of it.
ok but counterpoint his avi do be kinda cute
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1037, VP Baltar wrote:All that being said, catboi did seem slightly aggressive in a few interactions, where it seemed a bit much. Could also just be having RL annoyances I guess, so overall, not sure I agree with him not being an expert. He does have a good grasp of the setup, and I think that's something we want to leverage if he's town.
his start was very agressive.. I was reading that on the bus like "oh snap..." then pooky went silent, and I don't blame pooky for that, so like, the 2 are not maf together, I've legit never seen catboi like that before so I was just ignoring that, but yeah very knowledgeable, but he's also the kind of person who will fully understand the setup before it starts, and I believe it was him that was annoyed by the million mech questions too, which I'd say would point to being town. idk, I have like my own unique reason I TR him, I'll reevaluate later though
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Andante »

"I came into this with the pressure of votes on me"
me: ok, lets talk game
you:
In post 1040, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1037, VP Baltar wrote:I did notice this as well, but I kind of wondered how much his new avi has to do with perception of it.
ok but counterpoint his avi do be kinda cute

like, do you not wanna talk game?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:02 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1039, Andante wrote:hmm ok, can I get some explanations for the catboi tr, and why you're trusting lion even though you're sus of lion? (Don't worry about "scary" people... I promise they're just like me and you, super nice!!)
from catboi i get a feeling of him not really wanting to get down in the trenches in the dayplay yet. he talked a lot about mech and what mech strategy he thought was best, but lately it kinds feels like he's just sitting and watching and solving in his own head. i kinda get the impression he would want to try to control the game more as scum. i could be wrong and that's why im not fully trusting! but i feel more towny vibes so far

lion posted some early posts that I thought were kinda scummy and then disappeared. but then when he came back i liked his posts a lot and felt he was more towny. but he's also a good player i think and so i don't think i should really townread him for making good posts (pooky said something similar), but i like the direction he's going so im ok with hesitantly trusting him for now!
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Andante »

cause here I am, saying I fully intend to vote you after we figure out bomb experts.... I have the time, I'm giving you a chance.... I'm trying to engage...
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:04 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok ok i see how it is, next time game content responses first, fluff responses second
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1034, Andante wrote:lol I keep getting distracted by all the talk about me.. ok VP, pick a person, we're sorting them, lets gooo
I actually want to do a reads list this afternoon if i have time to help me sort my head this game. There are a few points I've just skimmed to keep up, so I think making myself do a reads list will help me affirm or change how I'm feeling about a few people.

Strange and CSF don't strike me as particularly townie rn. I also want to read MT more since folks are talking about her a bit (though I have limited experience with her and some of the talk seems meta).

I kind of vibe with some of Fire's posts, so I'm less interested there than when luke was here.

Oh, and Guilty Lion receiving countermeta to his scum read on me and then not even looking at it, but still sticking with his scum read was kind of head scratching to me. But I'm kind of generally bugged on people giving shit reads on me and confbiasing, so I could be very wrong to be annoyed at that!
YOUR AD HERE
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Goodfellas / Best Social Game
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

zzzzzz
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1043, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1039, Andante wrote:hmm ok, can I get some explanations for the catboi tr, and why you're trusting lion even though you're sus of lion? (Don't worry about "scary" people... I promise they're just like me and you, super nice!!)
from catboi i get a feeling of him not really wanting to get down in the trenches in the dayplay yet. he talked a lot about mech and what mech strategy he thought was best, but lately it kinds feels like he's just sitting and watching and solving in his own head. i kinda get the impression he would want to try to control the game more as scum. i could be wrong and that's why im not fully trusting! but i feel more towny vibes so far

lion posted some early posts that I thought were kinda scummy and then disappeared. but then when he came back i liked his posts a lot and felt he was more towny. but he's also a good player i think and so i don't think i should really townread him for making good posts (pooky said something similar), but i like the direction he's going so im ok with hesitantly trusting him for now!
So you have a TR on catboi... for essentially doing no solving?? You do realize it's easy for maf to talk mech... mech gives off nothing alignment indicative... and if catboi is one of your strong TRs.. with this reasoning?? umm I'm not even sure what to make of this

The lion read feels weird too, like, can you point to specific posts that you feel are towny?

these reads are just... you CAME IN with stronger reads than this from when you were following along... now? it's like "ehhh yeah they town!!" which I'm not sure I buy these are legit reads.. I need you to convince me more that these are your reads, sell me on the idea catboi is town, and sell me that GL is leaning town
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1045, fireisredsir wrote:ok ok i see how it is, next time game content responses first, fluff responses second
well I mean, fluff all you want, but if you sell me on the idea you're town, then I'll stop you from being the d1 lim... and I feel like that's something you should want... idk, I have class in a bit, and I'm sure you wont be here when I'm back, so I'm just trying to maximize fire time, pick your brain as much as I can while I have you