KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:11 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ty for the menalque history lesson. that doesn't really change my opinions tbh but i understand why you have yours at least
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:12 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1374, catboi wrote:With regard to menalque his preference is toward playing town, I got out of a scumgame recently where he was awkward as fuck, he seemed unbothered here early, good enough for a gut read. He doesn't have as much time for playing games these days so I don't think the lack of presence is particularly an alignment tell for him.
could you link that game? i was scumreading him off something closer to awkwardness anyway, not lack of presence
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:17 am

Post by catboi »

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... er_sort=Go

He was a late day 1 replace in but not contextually equivalent but it felt like he was never able to get his footing in that game
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1372, Andante wrote:I need to be diffuser on even nights if I am one
Ok.

HEAL: Adante
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1345, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1139, VP Baltar wrote:I think his reason for keeping his vote on me is weak, but at least he is trying to come up with something?
did you miss that I switched to MT a while back

maybe that might help with some of your qualms around me not reading your game yet either
Oh that's right you did switch. I was skimming during that section, but now that you mention it, I did see you voting MT
YOUR AD HERE
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:36 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1277, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1193, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: do you think it's a fair assessment of your post? like does it affect your read of Bell?
I don't think it's a fair assessment. I don't even particularly know what it means. But it was also Friday, and after putting like 30 mins into trying to sort generally where my feelings on the game were at, I wanted to go drink some beer and chill, not get into a back and forth with someone right then.

As far as how I feel about Bell, I don't know if it was a bad faith bit of shading or not. I guess I'll see what he does with it or if he wants to explain further.
I thought it was scummy to post a readslist and not want to talk about it, since that's the primary reason for posting one. Your explanation for not wanting to get into a back and forth right away is plausible though I'm not sure i believe it. Since it doesn't really move the needle for me, let's just move on.

Your scumpool is alarming.

The one point you made against me that was valid was that I have not engaged a lot with you, which is probably true. But everything else I didn't think was fair.

There's Strange who is kind of just always LHF, because he struggles with expressing himself. Idk if you've played with him before and I won't hold this point against you if you haven't, but this scumread doesn't sway my opinion of you.

There's Titus, who I think was sick or something, and confidently asserted that she sometimes takes a backseat day 1. Why would she lie about something that can be so easily fact checked?

For Mala - idk how to read Koba and admittedly, the longer Mala goes without posting, the more concerned I get. The time I played with town Mala years ago, I vaguely recall her being obvtown. But she also has a busy/stressful job, so imo give her a couple more RL days to get into the game.

Overall, it gave me the impression that you went like: "hmm I have CSF and Strange in here and I should probably have a couple more scumreads, why not throw Titus and Mala in here?"

The other problem I have with your readslist is that I'm not sure everything tracks - fire is town because you vibe with his reads. But fire's scumpool {MT, Menalque, Andres} doesn't overlap with your scumpool here, so I'm not sure how that ended up being town for you
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:41 am

In post 1279, VP Baltar wrote:Not really. My point is that your assessment is not only wrong, but hypocritical. I'm trying to get you to realize that your subjective experience of my play and your ability to remember it doesn't actually say anything about my alignment.

I can't remember a stance you actually took before you started this dumb fight, but does that mean you haven't taken stances? Probably not! It probably means I need to go do some reading.

Yes, I post more than you. So what? I'm also voting, trying to figure out what I think is best on the mechs, pushing people to talk to me about things I think actually could be AI, and generally being pretty transparent about my reads on situations. This is all pretty clear in my ISO, which you insinuate you have actually read, so your accusation of active lurking rings pretty hollow. There are definitely people you could point to in this game who ARE active lurking (Titus, kittens), but I don't expect you to acknowledge that because it kind of pops your balloon.
I acknowledge this post, but I doubt going back and forth on this further will produce any useful info or be fun to read for everyone else.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:43 am

Post by fireisredsir »

vp do you think you'd try to pocket me if you were scum here

be honest
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Bell »

Koba is what I call a cutt throat. They are motivated to win and enjoy winning.
But they came in here as an alt so I don’t know what they were going for in this game, I also never learned if they stress more as scum or if they left this game specifically because of their alignment plist or something else.

If it had been Koba, No alt. I would’ve been scum reading them this game.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Bell »

Titus for the love of god. What are you doing this game?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1380, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I thought it was scummy to post a readslist and not want to talk about it, since that's the primary reason for posting one.
That's not accurate. Happy to talk about, but my primary reason for posting one was to help sort my own thoughts since I haven't felt a solid direction in this game yet. I believe I stated this.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1380, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:There's Strange who is kind of just always LHF, because he struggles with expressing himself. Idk if you've played with him before and I won't hold this point against you if you haven't, but this scumread doesn't sway my opinion of you
I have not played with strange before. Do they get mislimmed a lot D1?
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1380, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:There's Titus, who I think was sick or something, and confidently asserted that she sometimes takes a backseat day 1. Why would she lie about something that can be so easily fact checked?
I've played with Titus a few times, and there is a difference between laying back/mostly sheeping D1, and just not doing anything.

Titus is very smart and I feel like I can get stuff going with her if she is town, so I'm not being unfair to her in the slightest to say I don't find it townie to just not play D1. I don't think she even seems to disagree with that.
YOUR AD HERE
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Bell »

SM: Only played one game with them. I tunneled on them with a conspiracy theory. But they were mechanically cleared based on set up expectations I think if they hadn’t claimed what they’d claimed it would not have been a particularly difficult to miseliminate them accidentally. They have their idiosyncrasies, yes.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:52 am

In post 1323, catboi wrote:
In post 1238, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Bell is probably just scum.
Highly unlikely at this point.
I don't know about "highly unlikely" but I am trending in that direction after the posts I just read on this page
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:54 am

In post 1386, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1380, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:There's Strange who is kind of just always LHF, because he struggles with expressing himself. Idk if you've played with him before and I won't hold this point against you if you haven't, but this scumread doesn't sway my opinion of you
I have not played with strange before. Do they get mislimmed a lot D1?
Idk about mislimmed D1 but she has trouble stringing words together in a coherent manner, so I feel like everything they write can be perceived as flailing
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1382, fireisredsir wrote:vp do you think you'd try to pocket me if you were scum here

be honest
I don't think I'm even good at pocketing, and I'm not sure if I'd have a lot to gain by trying to pocket someone D1, let alone someone who might get limmed.

The times I see scum pocket more successfully, it is D2 or later and they save someone who is in trouble. FlavorLeaf did that to me pretty successfully in a game awhile back.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1383, Bell wrote:Koba is what I call a cutt throat. They are motivated to win and enjoy winning.
But they came in here as an alt so I don’t know what they were going for in this game, I also never learned if they stress more as scum or if they left this game specifically because of their alignment plist or something else.

If it had been Koba, No alt. I would’ve been scum reading them this game.
I'm not sure what the alt changes, but yeah koba is vicious as town D1, and I definitely didn't feel that here. Even when they were calling me scum, it seemed half hearted
YOUR AD HERE
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:00 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1389, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
I don't know about "highly unlikely" but I am trending in that direction after the posts I just read on this page
Why were you scumreading him in the first place?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:02 am

In post 1343, Andante wrote:
In post 1340, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1109, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:also who's good at reading dwlee? I think it'd be fun to put them in a group with people who can read them. Any volunteers?
I'd rather Dwlee not be a bomb expert at all currently
oh and no dwlee in my hood.. please...
if you guys are interested in wagoning there, I'm down
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:04 am

In post 1393, catboi wrote:
He had a reason to scumread VP, but didn't want to support his elim. Felt partner-y

Ik pooky said that's the opposite of what scum Bell would do in that situation, but that's what I felt at the time
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1394, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1343, Andante wrote:
In post 1340, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1109, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:also who's good at reading dwlee? I think it'd be fun to put them in a group with people who can read them. Any volunteers?
I'd rather Dwlee not be a bomb expert at all currently
oh and no dwlee in my hood.. please...
if you guys are interested in wagoning there, I'm down
I told yall I'm not voting anyone till we deal with bombs... so many people seem unconcerned about dealing with bomb experts and just want the lims to happen...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:12 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1395, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1393, catboi wrote:
He had a reason to scumread VP, but didn't want to support his elim. Felt partner-y

Ik pooky said that's the opposite of what scum Bell would do in that situation, but that's what I felt at the time
preflip associations are bad, especially on day 1 o(-`д´- 。)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:13 am

I'm only healing you and the two people you want to be in a hood there so I can't help you there
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:15 am

yeah that's fair

I was also peeved that when VP was coming under pressure, and it looked like we may finally get a serious wagon going, he came in was like "no but LUKE"