KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:55 pm

Post by Bell »

Mine.
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:55 pm

Post by Enchant »

Let's put scummy players in bomb team, so next night we could make lesser, but town one?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:56 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Basically, in summary - Town players are far more expendable than Scum members. Yes, Town are risk averse, but I feel like Scum tend to be as well unless they start smelling defeat. If the game is going well for them, there’s a lot of risk in sending their Team members and having them flipped, giving away valuable information. If we start flipping Scum, to hell with defusing.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1530, Andresvmb wrote:151 - This is the answer I expected initially.
169 - I like this read from Frogsterking. At this point, I think I judged the slot too early, because I very much vibe with their take on VPB.

[I do not agree with the attacks by The Bulge and Andante on catboi. I’m starting to feel catboi is solidly Town.]

249 - I actually like the logic behind Titus’ post here.
Okay now here I'm curious because I've been wracking my brain about the Titus slot, and I've felt that Titus strength is as a creative player, but here it seems you value her for her logic, am I right? Now are you finding Titus townie here because of her logic? It just says that you like her logic, not whether or not you believe this to be AI for Titus.

I have a similar question about your read on myself and on catboi. Do you townread me here or do you just like my read, and what do you mean catboi being solidly town? The way this is worded it almost looks like you townread catboi more because of Andante and The Bulge's attacks on them, is this because you scumread The Bulge and/or Andante?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1545, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Frogster, didn't fire claim that was written before he replaced in?

If so, I'm not sure the post is AI.
ye, frog knows this im pretty sure. it is still my thoughts on the game though

my understanding is that frog just wanted to better understand where i was at in how i was reading the game and is using those notes as a place to jump off from to see what im thinking
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by Enchant »

... there's no risk?

Like, town have no incentive to lie.
Mafia don't want to lie to their member.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:59 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1551, Enchant wrote:Let's put scummy players in bomb team, so next night we could make lesser, but town one?
My default response to this is no. But I haven't really put complete thought into it.
I imagine in one or two day phases I'll probably end up pretty tyrannical about this. But still thinking on it. It's midnight though, I'll just take my time.
For now though. No. I prefer just shoving a bunch of town reads in there because because it makes it harder for the game state to stagnate.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1554, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1545, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Frogster, didn't fire claim that was written before he replaced in?

ye, frog knows this im pretty sure. it is still my thoughts on the game though

my understanding is that frog just wanted to better understand where i was at in how i was reading the game and is using those notes as a place to jump off from to see what im thinking
This post bothers me. But I mean, even I'm rolling my eyes at me at this point.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

idk, if frog wants to talk im not gonna say no
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:03 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1553, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1530, Andresvmb wrote:151 - This is the answer I expected initially.
169 - I like this read from Frogsterking. At this point, I think I judged the slot too early, because I very much vibe with their take on VPB.

[I do not agree with the attacks by The Bulge and Andante on catboi. I’m starting to feel catboi is solidly Town.]

249 - I actually like the logic behind Titus’ post here.
Okay now here I'm curious because I've been wracking my brain about the Titus slot, and I've felt that Titus strength is as a creative player, but here it seems you value her for her logic, am I right? Now are you finding Titus townie here because of her logic? It just says that you like her logic, not whether or not you believe this to be AI for Titus.

I have a similar question about your read on myself and on catboi. Do you townread me here or do you just like my read, and what do you mean catboi being solidly town? The way this is worded it almost looks like you townread catboi more because of Andante and The Bulge's attacks on them, is this because you scumread The Bulge and/or Andante?
I don’t know how to read Titus, to be totally honest. I like the logic behind Titus’ post because in games around here, I feel like what we end up with towards the end are the Town that are less engaged, and therefore less likely to get the answer right. I also feel like collectively, we’re more likely to find Scum that post a lot than those that don’t post enough but make solid contributions every now and then. Keeping activity up is just difficult if you know the answers, and in a game as big as this, it’s really hard to fake a solving mindset for a long period of time. So the instinct expressed there made sense to me.
Having said that, I have been in a few games with Titus where we’ve clashed somewhat strongly, and I think that Titus’ accuracy can fluctuate wildly. So I wouldn’t say that I rely on Titus having solid logic for reading them as Town. I just thought their insight there was valuable and correct, and felt it was sufficiently around the edges strategy wise that I should lean it coming from a Town mindset.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

No I don’t TR either of you because of the attacks on you. I TR the two of you because I felt you were trying to solve the game, put pressure when possible in ways I could relate to, and had good contributions.

Look, it’s D1. All I have is my gut, and my previous experience. I don’t know whether you’re Town or not. What I do know is that I don’t think it’s easy to post as Scum in the way that you have. That’s enough for me this early. I don’t think your strategic contributions are pro-Scum, and I think there’s solid reasoning behind why you’re perceiving certain players a particular way. Like if I’m reading, and I see you asking certain questions of a player, which match with whatever
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I was thinking, I’ll lean positively.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Okay, I'm potentially feeling better about fire here, I think we're got a good thing going. HEAL: fire
In post 702, fireisredsir wrote:- menalque feels like 164 was posted out of feeling obligated to do so. but town can feel that too. it still gives me the hmmmms
- 256 could be scummy from lion. but i kinda feel good vibes from prae's vp vote right after, for some reason
- andante is scummy as of 288
Now here we have a lot of a scum reads, and no offense, but this take on Menalque 164 is a bit hedge. Are you townreading Menalque or scum reading Menalque, also what do you mean by the hmmms?

The reads between Lion and Prae stemming from 256 seem to share a thought here, is this an associative read? Like Lion is scum if Prae is town?

And finally at this point you say andante is scummy, how did feel about Andante's posts while you were spectating the game compared to once you were in it?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1554, fireisredsir wrote:

ye, frog knows this im pretty sure.
it is still my thoughts on the game though
I don't doubt that. But if you had these thoughts before replacing into the game, then questioning them now is kind of pointless, since you could've received a red PM and went like "eh imma post my notes anyway since they're genuine."

In contrast, if you had received a red PM from the start, you probably would've had different notes. Does that make sense?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I need to keep reading though. I feel like my view of the game is too incomplete.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:10 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1562, Frogsterking wrote:Okay, I'm potentially feeling better about fire here, I think we're got a good thing going. HEAL: fire
In post 702, fireisredsir wrote:- menalque feels like 164 was posted out of feeling obligated to do so. but town can feel that too. it still gives me the hmmmms
- 256 could be scummy from lion. but i kinda feel good vibes from prae's vp vote right after, for some reason
- andante is scummy as of 288
Now here we have a lot of a scum reads, and no offense, but this take on Menalque 164 is a bit hedge. Are you townreading Menalque or scum reading Menalque, also what do you mean by the hmmms?

The reads between Lion and Prae stemming from 256 seem to share a thought here, is this an associative read? Like Lion is scum if Prae is town?

And finally at this point you say andante is scummy, how did feel about Andante's posts while you were spectating the game compared to once you were in it?
Let thread breathe maybe. But I'm going to be pushing at fire to die again soon and I'm simply not going to stop.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:11 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1564, Andresvmb wrote:I need to keep reading though. I feel like my view of the game is too incomplete.
Yes. Please continue catching up.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1563, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I don't doubt that. But if you had these thoughts before replacing into the game, then questioning them now is kind of pointless, since you could've received a red PM and went like "eh imma post my notes anyway since they're genuine."

In contrast, if you had received a red PM from the start, you probably would've had different notes. Does that make sense?
frog apparently disagrees that it is pointless. i do agree with you that the notes should not really be considered AI, ive said that before, but whatever, he wants to talk about them. i assume he thinks that my expanding on my thought process in some way helps him sort me
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:15 pm

Post by Bell »

Apparently no one has asked this,

Andre why are you healing people if you've read like, half the game.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:15 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1556, Bell wrote:For now though. No.
I prefer just shoving a bunch of town reads in there
because because it makes it harder for the game state to stagnate.
Still don't want to be a bomb expert? I wouldn't mind giving you a heal.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:16 pm

Post by Bell »

I know my own alignment and I'm confident that I can convince anybody that I'm town. There's no reason to sort myself.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 448, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:also i just realized this but if we hit a scumbag we can just defuse bombs cuz theres only 4 scum so as long as we dont let any1 defuse 2 bombs we're gucci
This is an interesting thought. Basically anyone that is put up twice if getting blown up unless the Experts are all Scum. But Pooky is ignoring that possibility too hard and I don’t like that. Having said that, I think either way defusing bombs to win is hard, and I don’t know that the Scum will default to pursuing that towards the start. That’s the main source of my mechanical skepticism.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

@CSF
This is why I'm here :)

Remember this is a game where players are instructed to lie. I've picked up on something that you didn't which is why I'm pursuing this. You're quick CSF and there is a part of the solve I'm missing and I could use your sharp eye here.

Now I'm warming up to andres a little bit, but andres only had 6 posts before he showed up tonight, and I'm not ready to give him a heal just yet.
In post 1530, Andresvmb wrote:122 - Can’t disagree with Menalque’s vote here.
137 - I can’t say I agree with this set of reads, but it could just be because I’m viewing the game very differently from Frogsterking.
148 - Interestingly enough, I really don’t like this response from VPB. What does it matter when was the last time you rolled Scum? Like why do you feel self-conscious enough that you decide to actively state when you last rolled Scum? It’s irrelevant to your chances of being Scum in this game. The reflex to answer in this way feels like a bad sign.
I have some questions for you about this part andres which remind me a little bit of my questions for fire. Menalque seems to really catch your eye here; why is that? And the read on VPB feels like a bit of a hedge. Is this a scum lean on VPB, or would you be prepared to join the wagon on VPB based on this response, if you were more active in the game?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1562, Frogsterking wrote:Now here we have a lot of a scum reads, and no offense, but this take on Menalque 164 is a bit hedge. Are you townreading Menalque or scum reading Menalque, also what do you mean by the hmmms?

more scumreading mel. the post makes me say hmmm. i recognize that what im seeing could come from a town with a certain personality, but i still scumread it bc it feels overly self-conscious

lion and prae not connected. i noted the prae thing bc it made me a little more confident in the fact that i felt sus of the lion vote. it helped me see for myself that I wasn't just scumreading people who voted vp, there was something specific about the way lion talked about his vote that pinged me. ive liked lion's posting better since then, though

andante i felt better about her later posting, but also better after i engaged with her a bit. andante is v much an engagement-based player, and i think she's hard to read unless you're talking with her directly
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1568, Bell wrote:Apparently no one has asked this,

Andre why are you healing people if you've read like, half the game.
I don’t need to read every word to have a sense for some players in the early part. And Healing doesn’t close the thread or shorten the day as far as I can tell, so doing it doesn’t have any impact until the day has ended. So I can update those no problem, and if a majority is reached without my vote, and I want to have some influence. It’s like if you’re going to criticize this about me, did you criticize Pooky when they put Heal votes down in the early part of the game (and very many at that)? Otherwise, you’re basically saying that you prefer to have less information from me, not more, and that seems kind of silly.