KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:57 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 2.02
  • with
    votes in play, it takes
    to make a decision.
  • day 2 ends in
    (expired on 2022-04-14 21:30:00)
    players who have the most nominations will be bomb experts on n2.

execution:

Frogsterking [7]:
Greeting, Frogsterking, VP Baltar, Cephrir, StrangeMatter, Mistyx, Andante

not voting [10]:
GuiltyLion, Enchant, Dwlee99, Andresvmb, Cat Scratch Fever, Menalque, Titus, Malakittens, Bell, PookyTheMagicalBear

bomb expert nominations:

Bell [7]:
Andante, VP Baltar, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, PookyTheMagicalBear, Mistyx, GuiltyLion
VP Baltar [5]:
Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, Andante, PookyTheMagicalBear, GuiltyLion
Enchant [4]:
VP Baltar, Andante, Cat Scratch Fever, GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion [2]:
Andante, PookyTheMagicalBear
Dwlee99 [2]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Cephrir

not nominating [10]:
Frogsterking, Enchant, Dwlee99, Greeting, Andresvmb, Menalque, Titus, Malakittens, StrangeMatter, Bell

ineligible to be nominated:
Andante, Greeting, Andresvmb, Frogsterking, Menalque, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever, Cephrir

mod notes:
  • Menalque v/la weekends.
  • the vote counter is acting weird and i'm counting votes by hand, let me know if i make any mistakes.
Last edited by Datisi on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:57 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2410, Dwlee99 wrote:Reread my interaction where then multiple people come out of nowhere to tell me I'm wrong on frogs.
I definitely think Dwlee is town now
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2419, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2414, Andante wrote:
In post 2411, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't think we should be doing 4p team reads but I'm fine with Frog first and if that flips red moving onto Strange/Dwlee tomorrow

@Dwlee - can you point me to the case post(s)? Either post # or quote yourself is fine
lol that's what catboi told me too... hahahaha
In post 2415, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2411, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't think we should be doing 4p team reads but I'm fine with Frog first and if that flips red moving onto Strange/Dwlee tomorrow

@Dwlee - can you point me to the case post(s)? Either post # or quote yourself is fine
Andante is this seriously been your town game this whole time?
I TRed catboi for his day play, how he was before that claim in the PT was not scummy at all, I didn't even care what he claimed. you can not tell me you scumread his 100+ posts of solving in that PT... like as I told you in the PT, you had NO REASON to think your read on catboi was better than literally everyone else. Everyone voted him in as an expert. they TRED HIM. so you thought "I SR catboi. everyone else is wrong. My read is better!!!" ??? yeah no. You not solving, for sure made catboi die. now, we have no way of knowing if someone solved their part wrong. so yeah I think you played terribly, and I'm voting you for it and that is that
Andante why would you just instantly believe an "innocent child daredevil" claim at face value?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2420, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 2416, GuiltyLion wrote:HEAL: VP Baltar

who else is eligible to heal, one sec
Me
we'll see :]
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2427, Andante wrote:

Andante why would you just instantly believe an "innocent child daredevil" claim at face value?

I TRed catboi for his day play, how he was before that claim in the PT was not scummy at all, I didn't even care what he claimed. you can not tell me you scumread his 100+ posts of solving in that PT... like as I told you in the PT, you had NO REASON to think your read on catboi was better than literally everyone else. Everyone voted him in as an expert. they TRED HIM. so you thought "I SR catboi. everyone else is wrong. My read is better!!!" ??? yeah no. You not solving, for sure made catboi die. now, we have no way of knowing if someone solved their part wrong. so yeah I think you played terribly, and I'm voting you for it and that is that
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2424, VP Baltar wrote:Frog, do you accept now that catboi was town? Does that change your reads at all?
It's hard because I was SUPER deep in my tinfoil, like I was at the level I reached in the Bunnies game when I thought Math+Ari+Dats were the scum team.

I can definitely see Andante being town and being anxious which caused us both to act differently and FoS each other, and I can definitely see myself ego clashing with catboi, who DID NOT explain anything about his role other than demanding that I defuse them bomb.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:00 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually Frog scum almost certainly hard confirms everyone else in that hood as town right? Assuming he sacrificed himself to take out IC catboi, means there wasn't a better buddy who was worse positioned than he was to take the fall
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2430, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2424, VP Baltar wrote:Frog, do you accept now that catboi was town? Does that change your reads at all?
It's hard because I was SUPER deep in my tinfoil, like I was at the level I reached in the Bunnies game when I thought Math+Ari+Dats were the scum team.

I can definitely see Andante being town and being anxious which caused us both to act differently and FoS each other, and I can definitely see myself ego clashing with catboi, who DID NOT explain anything about his role other than demanding that I defuse them bomb.
what are you referring to that I was anxious about?? I was highly tilted by you, and still am...
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2431, GuiltyLion wrote:actually Frog scum almost certainly hard confirms everyone else in that hood as town right? Assuming he sacrificed himself to take out IC catboi, means there wasn't a better buddy who was worse positioned than he was to take the fall
yes I think so
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2431, GuiltyLion wrote:actually Frog scum almost certainly hard confirms everyone else in that hood as town right? Assuming he sacrificed himself to take out IC catboi, means there wasn't a better buddy who was worse positioned than he was to take the fall
based on the Andres and Greeting I saw, both of them are town
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:02 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2429, Andante wrote:
In post 2427, Andante wrote:

catboi lead the wagon on fire and off of andres. The fact that he did that, combined with being made the defuser magically by an unknown force, AND andres showing up in the same hood are the reasons why I thought catboi should be HEAVILY considered suspicious. These have nothing to do with how popular catboi is or how many people townread him before they saw the flip + night play.

The fact that you, andres and Greeting instantly assumed he was town and didn't find it suspicious that andres was there looked VERY strange.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Unless there were role reasons perhaps. What you're saying maybe makes some sense though. (I'm thinking about andres here)
YOUR AD HERE
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

It is kind of a mystery why Frog didn't do it in a more subtle fashion though? only thing I can guess is solely to ensure less attention to other buddies today?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2436, VP Baltar wrote:
Unless there were role reasons perhaps. What you're saying maybe makes some sense though. (I'm thinking about andres here)
VP in answer to your earlier questions about my reads changing, I definitely think andres is scum, and I also FoS CSF and GuiltyLion now because I don't believe their reactions to the daystart.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:05 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2437, GuiltyLion wrote:It is kind of a mystery why Frog didn't do it in a more subtle fashion though? only thing I can guess is solely to ensure less attention to other buddies today?
I was convinced I was gonna die, someone said scum had a night kill N1, so I was like, oh... trading frogs for me and catboi.. I can see this... makes sense but now? who knows
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:05 am

In post 2437, GuiltyLion wrote:It is kind of a mystery why Frog didn't do it in a more subtle fashion though? only thing I can guess is solely to ensure less attention to other buddies today?
yeah I never got a satisfying answer to this
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:05 am

Post by Greeting »

:facepalm:

Andante
, you should ignore him. Do not engage with him and do not legitimise whatever bs he's trying to produce now.

A player with a 2011 joindate does not allow an uncounterclaimed power role, which is easily verifiable to die and continuously derail the PT while being town. There is no tinfoil, just a pretty straightforward scumplay here.
Frogsterking
must go today and this is something that I will not let go. This is the elimination for today. Period.

ELIMINATE FROGSTERKING, IGNORE WHAT HE SAYS AND THAT'S IT.

Thank you for your attention.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:06 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Thinking that Frogs!scum here is using the things they were doing as also been setting up for me being a miselimination based on association.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:06 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2439, Andante wrote:
I was convinced I was gonna die, someone said scum had a night kill N1, so I was like, oh... trading frogs for me and catboi.. I can see this... makes sense but now? who knows
I thought you were scummy for thinking you were going to die because I don't think that your role is very good unless it's scum aligned
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:07 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2441, Greeting wrote::facepalm:

Andante
, you should ignore him. Do not engage with him and do not legitimise whatever bs he's trying to produce now.

A player with a 2011 joindate does not allow an uncounterclaimed power role, which is easily verifiable to die and continuously derail the PT while being town. There is no tinfoil, just a pretty straightforward scumplay here.
Frogsterking
must go today and this is something that I will not let go. This is the elimination for today. Period.

ELIMINATE FROGSTERKING, IGNORE WHAT HE SAYS AND THAT'S IT.

Thank you for your attention.
hahaha ahhh I know!!! just like catboi told me 50 million times.. it's hard!! ok, just gotta ignore this!! frogs is too distracting!!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2355, Mistyx wrote:VOTE: frogsterking

i'm going back to sleep
In post 2362, Mistyx wrote:p sure that's E-1

HEAL: Bell
this also still bad btw
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I guess the frog scum play here was to get catboi, a good player, into a vulnerable position and just kamikaze him? It's kind of silly, especially since frog was pretty widely town read yesterday. So, GL is probably right. maybe they thought andres wasn't going to cooperate with bomb solving or something, and then when everyone started to solve right away, frog just tried to do the dirty work. Doesn't explain why he wouldn't just give wrong directions though and not draw so much heat immediately.
YOUR AD HERE
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:16 am

HEAL: GuiltyLion
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

HEAL: guiltylion
YOUR AD HERE
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:25 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2446, VP Baltar wrote:I guess the frog scum play here was to get catboi, a good player, into a vulnerable position and just kamikaze him? It's kind of silly, especially since frog was pretty widely town read yesterday. So, GL is probably right. maybe they thought andres wasn't going to cooperate with bomb solving or something, and then when everyone started to solve right away, frog just tried to do the dirty work. Doesn't explain why he wouldn't just give wrong directions though and not draw so much heat immediately.
If we assume that everyone is playing towards their wincon, there is no town explanation for
Frogsterking
’s actions. None at all. Zero.

If this was a new player, I could make an assumption that the necessity of saving
catboi
isn’t clear to them and that they could have been misled. But this player has been around for more than 10 years. Incompetence and misunderstanding are out of the question.