KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Greeting »

I think I know what this whole deal was about.

Frogsterking
slipped through into our group without any machinations, but wanted to keep the townreads he gained Day 1. But the scums also wanted to get rid of
catboi
and blame it on a townie.

Andresvmb
got inserted into our group as a result of scum action. I have no doubts about it, because putting him of all players into the group of the most widely townread players while kicking
catboi
into the bomb defuser seat was definitely not meant to benefit town. It became apparent to me,
catboi
and
Andante
instantly that it seems extremely improbable that
Andresvmb
is scum and gets pushed in as bomb defuser like that.

The original plan was probably to have the group go as normal, with
Frogsterking
providing a wrong solution, and when the bomb exploded blame it on
Andresvmb
. But when
Frogsterking
realised we're not buying this, he chose to improvise. And the improvisation was to confuse everyone, which basically resulted in him outing himself as scum.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2671, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 2654, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2635, Dwlee99 wrote:Cause being wrong on Fire when sheeping Bell screaming into the void makes me scum

But being right on Frogs on a push
I started and formulated
makes me scum. Fucking hell
We haven't even heard the rationale yet. You're jumping to conclusions
Did you read what Andres posted? It's apparently that my posts with frogs are "theatrical" when it's me burying them and no one listening
To be fair, catboi argued that. Those are not my own original thoughts.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2675, Greeting wrote:I think I know what this whole deal was about.

Frogsterking
slipped through into our group without any machinations, but wanted to keep the townreads he gained Day 1. But the scums also wanted to get rid of
catboi

Andresvmb
got inserted into our group as a result of scum action. I have no doubts about it, because putting him of all players into the group of the most widely townread players while kicking
catboi
into the bomb defuser seat was definitely not meant to benefit town. It became apparent to me,
catboi
and
Andante
Andresvmb

Frogsterking
Andresvmb
. But when
Frogsterking
realised we're not buying this, he chose to improvise. And the improvisation was to confuse everyone, which basically resulted in him outing himself as scum.
This makes a lot of sense actually.
YOUR AD HERE
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2676, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2635, Dwlee99 wrote:Cause being wrong on Fire when sheeping Bell screaming into the void makes me scum

I started and formulated
Did you read what Andres posted? It's apparently that my posts with frogs are "theatrical" when it's me burying them and no one listening
To be fair, catboi argued that. Those are not my own original thoughts.
Yes and I'm still annoyed
I prefer they, thanks :)
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2666, Enchant wrote:They were 1-Shot Bulletproof.

Bodyguard was infinity.
Yeah I see that. I’m not trying to act dumb. The point though remains. There’s no reason why there can’t be a Simple Doctor next to a Bodyguard which really doesn’t do much at all. It would just re-direct the shot to themselves. It’s a game with 19 players and I outted my role like first and you haven’t seen a direct counterclaim yet my role is all of a sudden hard to believe. I just don’t get it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Are we done healing players today?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2675, Greeting wrote:I think I know what this whole deal was about.

Frogsterking
catboi

Andresvmb
catboi
catboi
and
Andante
Andresvmb

Frogsterking
Andresvmb
. But when
Frogsterking
The problem with this theory is that it gives me WAY too much credit
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Andresvmb »

catboi was not comfortable removing StrangeMatter from the POE ever due to , which they absolutely hated.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Andresvmb »

They argued it was difficult not to see that post as not coming from someone with an informed mindset.
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2672, Dwlee99 wrote:Also how tf did enchant go from "dwlee I can't believe you're healing them" to top town without doing anything
Charisma.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2668, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2663, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2646, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2596, Andresvmb wrote:I also noted that I wouldn’t have needed to claim to get me through yesterday, and then make myself a target by swapping myself into the PT. As a strategic decision, attracting heat when I had weathered the storm yesterday and gotten a claim out (if I were Scum) didn’t seem sensible, but you all have to judge that.
Could've just been giving up and taking down catboi before frog's sick plays made you not need to.

Idk if I buy your role and fire's together given scum already have like 3/4 of a nightkill.
Just no haha if Frog flips Scum, I never have to “just give up”. Like that’s not an intelligent play. You’re arguing I saw that my Scum buddy Frog was voted in as Expert, but then I absolutely had to swap myself in instead of catboi so that they could get nominated and exploded. But unless you’re arguing that I have a role that specifically forces me to swap myself with someone else, I never do that. We could have simply exploded a different Town player (someone perhaps not as obviously Town as catboi), and then not just out a member of the Team by having them act like a complete idiot by ignoring an IC claim and blowing that player up.

Like I never have to be swapped in there as Scum, if Frog is Scum, unless I have a desperate need to blow catboi up and why?! They were defending me! It just doesn’t make sense.
I'm not arguing any of this - I think frog is flipping town as I have said multiple times

If he doesn't, that changes things
I can’t imagine a world where Frog flips Town. I have seen bad Town play. This isn’t it. This is active sabotage. It’s the sort of play that I find so offensive if it were coming from Town that I couldn’t possibly take them seriously ever again. It’s that sort of thing. Like I would hard ignore them forever if they were Town here and acting this way. Seriously no reason to take any of their views seriously ever if this is the sort of Town play that can be expected from them. It’s so devoid of reason, it cannot be even remotely thought of as occurring in good faith. Their posts in the Bomb Expert PT are so beyond the pale, I can’t see them ever flipping Town. If they do, it’ll be so hard to swallow for me.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Goodfellas / Best Social Game
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

I started and formulated
I skimmed it a bit

I'll evaluate my opinion on this when we have a flip
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2685, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2596, Andresvmb wrote:I also noted that I wouldn’t have needed to claim to get me through yesterday, and then make myself a target by swapping myself into the PT. As a strategic decision, attracting heat when I had weathered the storm yesterday and gotten a claim out (if I were Scum) didn’t seem sensible, but you all have to judge that.
Could've just been giving up and taking down catboi before frog's sick plays made you not need to.

Idk if I buy your role and fire's together given scum already have like 3/4 of a nightkill.
Just no haha if Frog flips Scum, I never have to “just give up”. Like that’s not an intelligent play. You’re arguing I saw that my Scum buddy Frog was voted in as Expert, but then I absolutely had to swap myself in instead of catboi so that they could get nominated and exploded. But unless you’re arguing that I have a role that specifically forces me to swap myself with someone else, I never do that. We could have simply exploded a different Town player (someone perhaps not as obviously Town as catboi), and then not just out a member of the Team by having them act like a complete idiot by ignoring an IC claim and blowing that player up.

Like I never have to be swapped in there as Scum, if Frog is Scum, unless I have a desperate need to blow catboi up and why?! They were defending me! It just doesn’t make sense.
I'm not arguing any of this - I think frog is flipping town as I have said multiple times

I can’t imagine a world where Frog flips Town. I have seen bad Town play. This isn’t it. This is active sabotage. It’s the sort of play that I find so offensive if it were coming from Town that I couldn’t possibly take them seriously ever again. It’s that sort of thing. Like I would hard ignore them forever if they were Town here and acting this way. Seriously no reason to take any of their views seriously ever if this is the sort of Town play that can be expected from them. It’s so devoid of reason, it cannot be even remotely thought of as occurring in good faith. Their posts in the Bomb Expert PT are so beyond the pale, I can’t see them ever flipping Town. If they do, it’ll be so hard to swallow for me.
I'm genuinely hoping you're right. I don't want to think such poor town play exists on this site
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Enchant »

I can imagine world where Frog flips Town.

I saw worse.
Not enough to try to save him actually.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Andresvmb »

catboi had mixed feelings about Menalque (thought their interactions with me looked like Town probing, but didn’t like the speed of the hammer). Didn’t see any clearing interactions with Frog. Underscored that they could be looking down on their Scum game a bit after PYP. For the record, I do feel somewhat positive about Menalque overall, but agree with the comment on the hammer not being a great look. Having said that, I don’t think the execution would have landed anywhere else, so I don’t know that I can fault Menalque too much for that.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:05 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2689, Andresvmb wrote:catboi had mixed feelings about Menalque (thought their interactions with me looked like Town probing, but didn’t like the speed of the hammer). Didn’t see any clearing interactions with Frog. Underscored that they could be looking down on their Scum game a bit after PYP. For the record, I do feel somewhat positive about Menalque overall, but agree with the comment on the hammer not being a great look. Having said that, I don’t think the execution would have landed anywhere else, so I don’t know that I can fault Menalque too much for that.
Mena is town
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2690, Andante wrote:
In post 2689, Andresvmb wrote:catboi had mixed feelings about Menalque (thought their interactions with me looked like Town probing, but didn’t like the speed of the hammer). Didn’t see any clearing interactions with Frog. Underscored that they could be looking down on their Scum game a bit after PYP. For the record, I do feel somewhat positive about Menalque overall, but agree with the comment on the hammer not being a great look. Having said that, I don’t think the execution would have landed anywhere else, so I don’t know that I can fault Menalque too much for that.
Mena is town
I did mistakenly voted to Heal them, so I think you know how I’m looking at the slot.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:07 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2670, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: Frogster

E-1

Hammer all yours Andres
Oh lawdie, don’t tempt me
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:07 am

Post by Andresvmb »

And since The Praetorian is Koba (I was asked about this before but didn’t actually realize that until N1), catboi felt and the successor’s lurking just meant the slot should always be flipped.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Andante »

lol
everyone: "I wanna hammer frogs!!!"
**frogs chilling on e-1**
no one wants it...
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Menalque »

I’m kidding, but to touch on the hammer — I didn’t believe the claim and wasn’t too fussed on hammering or not. I thought fire had likely seen your claim save you, and was pulling the same thing. Plus, y’know, I like hammering and I’m quite aggro with it

We should try to agree a bit more on experts before ending day i think
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Menalque »

Who is koba!slot again? Mala?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Menalque »

Assuming frog is scum, we can kill mala or misty tomorrow sure
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Bell »

In post 2687, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2685, Andresvmb wrote:

I'm genuinely hoping you're right. I don't want to think such poor town play exists on this site
Second half of sentence is sus.

Pedit: I can hammer the dude, but Andre asked for it and I see no reason to be impolite.

Mala, yeah.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Menalque »

Yeah, I’m down to have Andres hammer but I wanna look at the heap potential, gimme a sec