KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3248, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 3246, Bell wrote:
In post 3243, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2824, Mistyx wrote:if you want my actual insight

bell town
confused about why everyone kept mentioning waiting for titus input earlier then entirely ignored her andres push? probably slightly scum indicative for andres
gth i would say the vote dump on mala includes a bus
There's nothing in Mistyx's ISO that would explain that vote on me aside from maybe this post, which is a weird thing to post while noticeably not voting for mala
Is it a weird post, it's pretty obvious from my point of view that if Mala is scum that yes, scum are bussing them.
I'm just not very confident they're bussing at all and not just using their numbers to push through an easy win.
But why say it's a bus and then not vote mala?
I dunno, why don't I vote everyone I shade or suspect as I say it.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

dwlee I've been leaning town but not very confident tho

pedit: ok but there was a wagon on mala?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by Bell »

Eh, I'm going to refrain from getting up in your grill. Keep pushing Kitty. You'll make a salmon burger one day.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:28 pm

Misty is salmon? might need to handhold me through this analogy, I've been drinking more than I should be for a week night
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by Andante »

drinking on a wednesday??? wild
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3251, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:dwlee I've been leaning town but not very confident tho

pedit: ok but there was a wagon on mala?
That leaves me standing here, but thanks for commenting.
I don't think the existence of a wagon+shade means you have to vote either. I don't vote people for reasons, but I don't think it's wrong to dig to see if there's reluctance and if there's a reason for that reluctance of if it's just a playstyle thing.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:34 pm

I feel like I'm scumreading all the people who aren't doing anything, and there's probably lazy town in there somewhere. And I dont know what to do about unless one of them decides to start playing the game for real
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:35 pm

In post 3254, Andante wrote:drinking on a wednesday??? wild
Andante it's been a rough two days :(
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by Bell »

This is a correct interpretation of the game state and also explains some of my posts this day phase that show clear frustration towards players that fall into that group.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 3257, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 3254, Andante wrote:drinking on a wednesday??? wild
Andante it's been a rough two days :(
oh no!!! I hope everything gets better <3
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Bell »

I drink liquids every day.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:56 pm

In post 3223, Enchant wrote:VOTE: Titus

YES SIR
Why vote Titus but not Mala?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2974, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:probly 4 of these 5:

Dwlee99
Enchant
Titus
Mala
Strange
why is Dwlee in this list

the other four are fine as POE scummy picks but Dwlee does not belong in this group unless you have good points against them
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2992, Malakittens wrote:Strange isn’t scum
Mala if you have time / see this post I'd like you to explain this read in particular

I don't think Strange is especially scummy, but I'm not convinced she's not scum, so I wanna know what lead you to this conclusion
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3060, Andresvmb wrote:There really isn’t a reason for the Scum to have withheld shooting last night. I can’t think of a good reason. N1 maybe, but yesterday? The game feels like it’s headed in a wrong direction so why not take advantage to blow up a Town leader? I’m not sure I understand.
hmm

I didn't like Andres D2 posting about lack of NKs but this post feels genuine to me

I do agree a lack of kill last night, especially with knowledge that scum can't multi-kill, feels off
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3108, Greeting wrote: Besides,
Malakittens
is like the too obvious choice. They have done nothing in the game and barely even posted, scumreading someone for inactivity, lurking and lack of reads is the classic. But why did she accumulate 7 votes so fast? Why not, for instance,
Mistyx
or
Titus
whom I also feel are doing nothing?

I'm starting to feel like I'm being shu nned about
VP Baltar
and the attention is being redirected to the
Mala
wagon instead on purpose. Which makes me question if that wagon is town-led at all.
personally I'm just voting Mala because she already had a bunch of votes and I'm fine with her lim, she hasn't done anything townie

I'd be open to switching to Misty if we wanna wagon there instead, I think she's pretty scummy and confirming her alignment might help figure out wtf was going on with the swap last night

I'm hesitant to lim Titus at this point because I don't think her inactivity is alignment indicative, Titus is perfectly capable of playing/keeping up as scum so probably just genuine IRL busy-ness there
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3117, Greeting wrote:So the argument is that Malakittens is bad at deepwolfing and that it's just blatant scum? That may be, but if so, is her team bussing her right now? I refuse to believe there is no scum amongst those seven that are voting her right now.
this is worth keeping in mind once you have a Mala scumflip in hand - I would certainly feel pressure to bus Mala if I were her teammate here - but it's not a good reason to scare yourself off of voting the Mala wagon
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3150, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I love that Dlee is simultaneously trying to claim credit for nailing frog-scum on D2 while also protesting that they weren't voting for Frogster on D3

w i l d
do you think this is an alignment indicative point

because I don't think it's an alignment indicative point, feels like some gotcha logic
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3230, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3229, Cephrir wrote:
In post 3226, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3224, Cephrir wrote:why are we splitting up this perfectly good mala wagon
Post or die. Those are the rules.
I agree. Did mala post anything useful?
I know Titus is capable of posting useful stuff. That's the difference. Also, we have enough people alive to run them both up. If I can't get Titus wagon support, I'll come back to u bb.
VPB have you played Titus scum? Cause I have, many times, and she has no issues around playing/posting as scum. "Not posting useful stuff" is not a scumtell for Titus
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3241, Malakittens wrote:
In post 3231, Cephrir wrote:I assure you that mala is a more than capable town player.
I’m also a damn capable scum player

Your point
this is scummy

Ceph's point was just that "not being pro-town/useful" is a bad reason to prefer a Titus vote over a Mala vote, and Mala jumps in to be like "but I can also play better than I [currently] am as scum" to try to suggest his vote is bad. It doesn't have any actual meaningful reason as to why we're to believe Mala is town, it doesn't interrogate whether Ceph has any additional reasons to scumread her aside from activity. She's just trying to dunk on Ceph to invalidate his read while not engaging with the actual context at all
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok I'm caught up and hey I am gonna give a quick n dirty readslist

town: {CSF, Bell, Ceph, Dwlee, Andante, Greeting}

prob-town?: {VP Baltar, Andres, Menalque}
nothing has pushed me either way: {Titus, Strange}
kinda scummy: {Pooky, Enchant}

scum: {Mala, Misty}

I'm really only feeling confident about the top and bottom tiers, middle is waffley. I do not like a lot of Pooky's most recent pushing on Dwlee. Enchant is making bad lazy votes.

CSF made a really good point in about misty's comment on Mala - I am having a hard time squaring Misty's "Mala is scum and scum are bussing her" as a genuine, real, townie thought when Misty is not also indicating real support for a Mala lim. I'd almost prefer Misty over Mala solely on that point + me thinking the swap last night had to benefit scum in SOME fashion, but I am not going to derail the Mala wagon while it is leading.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3258, Bell wrote:This is a correct interpretation of the game state and also explains some of my posts this day phase that show clear frustration towards players that fall into that group.
look man I'm sorry a lot of important stuff happened while I was away from thread on D1 and sometimes y'all are hyper posting while I'm away and so I've felt too detached so far to earnestly power-town, I'm here now and feeling like I got my head in the game and some motivation so let's discuss all the points I just made and what you think of my reads
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3186, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3182, Andante wrote:
In post 3172, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i don't think i've ever read a dwlee scum game where they posted a single complicated thought in my life
yeah same lol that's exactly why I'm just like "I'm not TRing them..." half the ISO is literally about me... like...
they're so obssessed with you

this better not be some sort of bullshit scumtheatre cuz I will be heartbroken andy if you lied to me
one last thought

I don't think I can explain this particularly well but this post also sets off my scumdar

basically because I don't really believe Pooky actually thinks at all that Andante is scum doing scum theater with Dwlee here. the last line feels like the kinda thing scum like to post to buddy someone like Andante and give an impression of being uninformed. I feel town!Pooky is less likely to genuinely entertain a Dwlee-Andante S/S theater idea, but it's easy for me to imagine a scum!Pooky posting this with the explicit intent to stay off Andante's radar
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:58 pm

Post by Enchant »

Magic trick, dangerous for health.

Turning from townread to scumread, because of voting deepwolf.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:17 pm

Post by Titus »

I see a VP wagon formed while I was out
A VP wagon makes zero sense.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.