KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:17 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 3.07
  • with
    votes in play, it takes
    to make a decision.
  • day 3 ends in
    (expired on 2022-04-18 21:00:00)
    players who have the most nominations will be bomb experts on n3.

execution:

Malakittens [5]:
Dwlee99, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, PookyTheMagicalBear, GuiltyLion
Dwlee99 [2]:
StrangeMatter, Andante
VP Baltar [2]:
Menalque, Greeting
Titus [2]:
VP Baltar, Enchant
Cat Scratch Fever [1]:
Mistyx

not voting [4]:
Andresvmb, Titus, Malakittens, Bell

bomb expert nominations:

VP Baltar [7]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, GuiltyLion, Enchant, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, Mistyx, Andante
Dwlee99 [6]:
GuiltyLion, Enchant, VP Baltar, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, Mistyx
StrangeMatter [3]:
Enchant, Cephrir, VP Baltar
Titus [2]:
Enchant, Bell
Malakittens [1]:
Enchant

not nominating [7]:
Dwlee99, Greeting, Andresvmb, Menalque, Titus, Malakittens, StrangeMatter

ineligible to be nominated:
Andante, Greeting, Andresvmb, Menalque, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever, Cephrir, Bell, Mistyx, GuiltyLion

mod notes:
  • Menalque v/la weekends.
  • the vote counter is acting weird and i'm counting votes by hand, let me know if i make any mistakes.
Last edited by Datisi on Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:06 pm

Post by Menalque »

today is the last day of term, so I should be around more after I've lesson planned

I haven't read anything since I was last here, but I've reconsidered and I think I'm willing to lim in the pool of "likely scum" one more time

if the PoE of likely suspects doesn't flip scum, then I think it's likely we're in a world where scum lives in the town-ish (or at least, null) players and we're being played into limming slots that just look bad
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3265, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm hesitant to lim Titus at this point because I don't think her inactivity is alignment indicative, Titus is perfectly capable of playing/keeping up as scum so probably just genuine IRL busy-ness there
Yes, Titus is capable of posting as either alignment. Thing is, if she is town, I want to town read her and work with her to solve the game. She's one of the folks I have played with most in this game, along with andres. It's slightly distressing to me that each of them are sidelining in their own way and have been on what I consider a bad wagon, both for ???? reasons.

Mala is a fine lim, not going to argue with you on that. We can make more use of the day than that lim alone though. Like I said earlier, I think we have maybe not been playing the day game very much so far and are focusing on the shiney night game.
YOUR AD HERE
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:43 am

Post by Andante »

VOTE: Titus

did someone say lim titus?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3278, Andante wrote:VOTE: Titus

did someone say lim titus?
Yaya.

How's the puppers btw?
YOUR AD HERE
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:51 am

Post by Andante »

oh! pup is doing good!! she was crying/whining all night last night, it was so sad!!! but doing a lot better today :) like, now she's just sleeping!! instead of the crying as she's staring at me... (it was very heartbreaking last night!!)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Poor doggo! Glad she is doing better
YOUR AD HERE
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Andante »

thanks for caring!!!

ahhh like, titus and mala, we need something from yall.. if I had to guess 1 is likely town other maf, i just wanna lim a maf here!!! but like I TR the people talking (mostly)
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:58 am

Post by Andante »

oh wait no, GL stuff was weird
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Andante »

In post 3270, GuiltyLion wrote:ok I'm caught up and hey I am gonna give a quick n dirty readslist

town: {CSF, Bell, Ceph, Dwlee, Andante, Greeting}

prob-town?: {VP Baltar, Andres, Menalque}
nothing has pushed me either way: {Titus, Strange}
kinda scummy: {Pooky, Enchant}

scum: {Mala, Misty}

I'm really only feeling confident about the top and bottom tiers, middle is waffley. I do not like a lot of Pooky's most recent pushing on Dwlee. Enchant is making bad lazy votes.

CSF made a really good point in about misty's comment on Mala - I am having a hard time squaring Misty's "Mala is scum and scum are bussing her" as a genuine, real, townie thought when Misty is not also indicating real support for a Mala lim. I'd almost prefer Misty over Mala solely on that point + me thinking the swap last night had to benefit scum in SOME fashion, but I am not going to derail the Mala wagon while it is leading.
I don't understand this top town ranking like at all, I TR Andres over Greeting, Andres is a doc claim, said he saved bell last night, no kill happened honestly I see no reason for maf to not try and kill town reads off, the doc claim is probably real, maf isn't killing andres cause so many people sr him?? not sure, but I don't like these reads AT ALL
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:00 am

Post by Andante »

like, you feel confident mala and misty are maf? the 2 low posters are maf? and you're confident in it??
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Andante »

In post 3262, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2974, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:probly 4 of these 5:

Dwlee99
Enchant
Titus
Mala
Strange
why is Dwlee in this list

the other four are fine as POE scummy picks but Dwlee does not belong in this group unless you have good points against them
all your posts with like pooky and dwlee are odd, like, pooky said some stuff that makes me think he has the same thoughts on dwlee as me, you think Dwlee has been towny this game? GL, I'd LOVE for you to show me the posts that make you go "dwlee does not belong in this group"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3284, Andante wrote:I don't understand this top town ranking like at all, I TR Andres over Greeting, Andres is a doc claim, said he saved bell last night, no kill happened honestly I see no reason for maf to not try and kill town reads off, the doc claim is probably real, maf isn't killing andres cause so many people sr him?? not sure, but I don't like these reads AT ALL
Doc claim doesn't mean a whole lot to me in a game this large

also I'm not
not
townreading Andres, I just am not as confident as I currently am in the higher tier

why should I not TR Greeting? Haven't seen anything disingenuous in their posts at all and several instances of a lack of mech awareness that indicates uninformed alignment

and yeah I'm currently reading Misty/Mala maf - I highlighted things I thought each of them did that were scummy in my string of posts preceding and I have absolutely nothing from either of them that has struck me as town-indicative

also "confidence" is a relative term there, I'm not saying confidence as an absolute "yes I'd bet the game on these reads" but rather they're more confident than the blob in the middle.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3286, Andante wrote:all your posts with like pooky and dwlee are odd, like, pooky said some stuff that makes me think he has the same thoughts on dwlee as me, you think Dwlee has been towny this game? GL, I'd LOVE for you to show me the posts that make you go "dwlee does not belong in this group"
Mainly Dwlee has been active and pushing a lot of their own reads/opinions whereas the other 4 I really struggle to remember significant stances they've taken

Dwlee's attitude does not vibe to me like one that is trying to be townread, one that is avoiding conflict or coasting. My impression of Dwlee's scum game is more centered around being inoffensive and difficult to find reasons scumread. Dwlee here doesn't care about either of those things, I think they earnestly believe in what they're pushing, especially with the off the grain reads like scum!Andante early game or the random CSF scumread

also like... you should think about the
actual reasoning
I gave on Pooky and respond to that, not just "he agrees with me on Dwlee... TOWN!!" - bad read there Andante
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:14 am

Post by Andante »

lol ok I'm not doing this right now, I'll give you a wall response later
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yep I'd love a more fleshed out explanation of why Pooky is town here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

especially when I just called out a specific post where I think he's buddying you
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Andante »

not once have I argued pooky town here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3286, Andante wrote:all your posts with like pooky and dwlee are odd, like, pooky said some stuff that makes me think he has the same thoughts on dwlee as me, you think Dwlee has been towny this game? GL, I'd LOVE for you to show me the posts that make you go "dwlee does not belong in this group"
this suggested to me that you townread Pooky explicitly because he agreed with your read on Dwlee.

if you're not townreading Pooky then why are you grilling me for calling out how Pooky has skeevy reasoning to shade Dwlee, lumping Dwlee in with non-posters and also doing gotcha logic on them?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

like I don't know how you read the Dwlee-Pooky Dialogues on pages 125-128 or whatever and come away with the take that Dwlee is the scummier one there when Pooky is instigating a scumread on Dwlee over NAI weaksauce points and Dwlee is doing nothing manipulative just rebuffing it without any noticeable fear or fake reasoning
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:45 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

GuiltyLion can you explain your Cephrir read? I'm in stumped on reading them and I wanna know why you're townreading him.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:47 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Also, I want you to explain your read on me because right now I just cannot think of how people just haven't leaned either way on a slot like mine this far into a game.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Goodfellas / Best Social Game
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not sure I actually understand why strange is such a popular scumread tbh. She doesnt have a ton of charisma but is there anything actually scummy going on there?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3282, Andante wrote:thanks for caring!!!

ahhh like, titus and mala, we need something from yall.. if I had to guess 1 is likely town other maf, i just wanna lim a maf here!!! but like I TR the people talking (mostly)
Hmph, don't like this. Could chain us both while getting no info
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3081, Andresvmb wrote:Greeting defended Frog instinctively in the PT and were shamed for it. There’s no world where they’re Scum. They never needed to do that and could have kept feeding the paranoia around Frog. I TR Andante for their contributions and focus on certain players. And I am in fact trusting catboi’s analysis on Bell.

I am being pushed by too many players and my claim doubted too widely for me to have anyone else as solidly Town. For the record.
This is a load of crap. Anyone can guess if not sort a fair push on them.

He CCs flipped town. He cut day short when I was catching up to prevent me from obvtowning.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.