KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:03 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3295, StrangeMatter wrote:GuiltyLion can you explain your Cephrir read? I'm in stumped on reading them and I wanna know why you're townreading him.
In post 3296, StrangeMatter wrote:Also, I want you to explain your read on me because right now I just cannot think of how people just haven't leaned either way on a slot like mine this far into a game.
Ceph - this is more of a gamestate/mindmeld read rather than specific things I can point to in Ceph's posts that I wouldn't say come from him as scum cause he fooled me pretty well in our last game together. But mainly I feel I see pro-town motivation in all of his heals and votes this game - I especially like that it's apparent he's thoughtful about how to use heals (D1 arguing to put capable null reads rather than burning through 8 obvtowns, unhealing Frog when he disagreed with Frog's philosophy on how to treat defuses, healing and unhealing me D2, etc). I think the D3 Mala wagon is likely to be on scum and I like that Ceph has consistently called attention to when it is fizzling or people trying to start Alternate Wagons, I feel it's unlikely he does that as a Mala partner. Also just holistically there hasn't been a single Ceph post I've felt struck me as disingenuous or agenda-motivated, and several where it's exactly what I would have wanted somebody post whether pushing a read I agree with or constructively directing thread conversation towards a point/topic I think is useful. Not a slot I see as worth indulging in paranoia over until it's clear he's attempting to steer things in an anti-town direction.

With you - I just don't really remember anything you've done this game. My impression of your ISO is you've been around to share thoughts and ask questions, but not in an especially impactful way. But tbh some of that might be a function of a few of my absent periods from thread. Let me ask you in return, what do you think you've done to push the gamestate in a direction that is closer to eliminating scum?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:12 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Well I think it's not a great idea to explain. I think its fairly obvious what I do to push the game state towards eliminating scum is though its unlikely to be as impactful (at this point I've accepted that I don't influence games as much), but I do think pointing out things that seems really off to be town are usually scum indicative
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:12 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Andresvmb
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Titus do you want to be a bomb expert tonight? What are your thoughts if any on the current group of {VP Baltar, Dwlee, StrangeMatter}?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Andresvmb
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3301, StrangeMatter wrote:Well I think it's not a great idea to explain. I think its fairly obvious what I do to push the game state towards eliminating scum is though its unlikely to be as impactful (at this point I've accepted that I don't influence games as much), but I do think pointing out things that seems really off to be town are usually scum indicative
I think maybe we have different expectations or ideas around town play vs scum play

in rereading your ISO currently I do think you come across as genuine/transparent in expressing yourself, but the thing is I have no idea whether you are capable of emulating that as scum and so I need votes and real wagon/consensus-building to feel good about a read on you, and your votes/participation in wagons or scumreads so far has not struck me as something that feels like it's definitively coming from someone uninformed who is trying to vote out scum

and to be fair it isn't striking me as especially disingenuous or meant to push miselims either, it's just kinda non-impactful to me overall, and I don't have history with you to look for other personality/thought process tells
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Goodfellas / Best Social Game
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

humorous thought: what if enchant were scum with andres and fully aware that no one wants to join a wagon started by himself and titus so voting his partner is actually a form of protecting him
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 3306, Cephrir wrote:humorous thought: what if enchant were scum with andres and fully aware that no one wants to join a wagon started by himself and titus so voting his partner is actually a form of protecting him
Help bus then
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

no
Bartleby the Scrivener
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3299, Titus wrote:He cut day short when I was catching up to prevent me from obvtowning.
Would you have not limmed frogster yesterday? Are you caught up now?
YOUR AD HERE
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Enchant »

Ok then.

*Lurks*
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3309, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3299, Titus wrote:He cut day short when I was catching up to prevent me from obvtowning.
Would you have not limmed frogster yesterday? Are you caught up now?
Frogster was likely the foregone conclusion and I doubt I would have objected to. That's hardly the point. The point was that I was laying out my thought processes in a way that might have shed new light. He cut that off.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3303, GuiltyLion wrote:Titus do you want to be a bomb expert tonight? What are your thoughts if any on the current group of {VP Baltar, Dwlee, StrangeMatter}?
I'm ok with being a bomb expert but not particularly desiring. Whatever the group wants.

I townread VP early but the swap makes no sense.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Just kill Titus after I flip please. They’re trying to argue against my slot because there’s probably enough support there somewhere if you squint hard enough not to potentially execute MalaKittens I presume.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3313, Andresvmb wrote:Just kill Titus after I flip please. They’re trying to argue against my slot because there’s probably enough support there somewhere if you squint hard enough not to potentially execute MalaKittens I presume.
Are you saying Titus is chainsaws for kittens? I think she was after you before the kittens wagon, iirc
YOUR AD HERE
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3299, Titus wrote:
In post 3081, Andresvmb wrote:Greeting defended Frog instinctively in the PT and were shamed for it. There’s no world where they’re Scum. They never needed to do that and could have kept feeding the paranoia around Frog. I TR Andante for their contributions and focus on certain players. And I am in fact trusting catboi’s analysis on Bell.

I am being pushed by too many players and my claim doubted too widely for me to have anyone else as solidly Town. For the record.
This is a load of crap. Anyone can guess if not sort a fair push on them.

He CCs flipped town. He cut day short when I was catching up to prevent me from obvtowning.
Like the idea that I have “CC’ed” flipped Town is wrong and is a bit baffling.
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Enchant »

Pretty reaction on 2 votes.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*Titus is chainsawing
YOUR AD HERE
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3312, Titus wrote:I'm ok with being a bomb expert but not particularly desiring. Whatever the group wants.
if you don't want to be bomb expert then I'm not going to vote you for it today. not sure I feel the lack of agency here is scum-indicative but it's certainly not a good townie feeling
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3316, Enchant wrote:Pretty reaction on 2 votes.
Is this how you go about catching Scum? Serious question.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

HEAL: StrangeMatter
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3313, Andresvmb wrote:Just kill Titus after I flip please. They’re trying to argue against my slot because there’s probably enough support there somewhere if you squint hard enough not to potentially execute MalaKittens I presume.
dude what

no one serious is even considering voting you right now. can we get some scumhunting from you instead of the constant reactivity
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Like Titus is trying to argue that they had all these thoughts towards the end of yesterday that I cut off, but… where are they? They have come in to comment on what’s been happening lately ( is a good example), and they are complaining that I cut them off from putting forth valuable content, but where is that content? They’re still around, no one died during the night, so this is at worst an extension of yesterday. Nobody is stopping them from contributing, so where are these valuable insights? That’s the load of crap.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3321, Cephrir wrote:
dude what

no one serious is even considering voting you right now. can we get some scumhunting from you instead of the constant reactivity
I’ll play however I want thanks.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Cephrir »