KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 3319, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3316, Enchant wrote:Pretty reaction on 2 votes.
Is this how you go about catching Scum? Serious question.
I’ll play however I want thanks.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Goodfellas / Best Social Game
Cephrir
he/him
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

@people who have played with andres before is this normal
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3326, Cephrir wrote:@people who have played with andres before is this normal
Not in my experience. This is what I was saying about his incredulity and over reacting to being sussed. Not what I usually see from town andres.

He can get a bit gruff, sure, but this is like overreaction territory.
YOUR AD HERE
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:02 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

overall I see where Andres is coming from, but I do feel the fatalist attitude and reflexive scumreading is not a great look.

I'm struggling with the Titus point because it's definitely a questionable claim to say she was going to post content & obvtown and it was cut off prematurely, yet then not have that obvtown content available for us today here and now, but at the same time I can imagine a town!Titus earnestly believing and making this push.

I don't like Enchant's , that's nothing more than an attempt to goad Andres, but I don't think it's necessarily scum-indicative either. so far I haven't really gotten anything useful out of this, I'd maybe like Andres to show some work developing more townreads cause reactive scumreading everyone suspicious of him is too wide of a net
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Greeting »

I don't really have the energy to fully catch up on what's going on. But I see that some people are suspecting
Andresvmb
and I'm not sure why it isn't obvious to everyone that this slot is town. Even when
Frogsterking
flipped town, this doesn't really mean that
Andresvmb
isn't.

Let's rewind to Day 1.

Andresvmb
is being townread by literally no one. Nobody wanted him in as bomb expert.

It is abundantly clear that inserting him as bomb expert is a scum action and there's no need for me to expand on it further.

Now I urge someone to explain to me what is the possible logic behind scum inserting scum member
Andresvmb
in as a bomb expert. Obviously, the scums did not know what our reaction to
Andresvmb
being put in into our PT would be. But what is the most likely thought that came down? Maybe they were hoping that someone would bomb the solve (pun intended) and
Andresvmb
would go down for it? In my opinion, this was an action that was clearly meant to make our group doubt that slot and create confusion.

Before
Frogsterking
went full-on anti-town,
Andresvmb
posted his part of the solve without hesitation. He later even said (paraphrasing from the PT) that there is literally no excuse for someone putting in a wrong answer because they can always check in with the mod. He was fully cooperative and acted in a pro-town way.

If we take this into consideration, is trying to push
Andresvmb
an act by a group of confused townies or a purposeful action by scum, who do not know what went down in our PT (I am also townreading
Andante
in case someone didn't read any of my posts) and are attempting to make this incorrect push?

Andresvmb
is very likely town and I am not joining that wagon.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3329, Greeting wrote:Andresvmb posted his part of the solve without hesitation. He later even said (paraphrasing from the PT) that there is literally no excuse for someone putting in a wrong answer because they can always check in with the mod. He was fully cooperative and acted in a pro-town way.
Then why isnt that happening in the game thread
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Bell »

Hard against Andres wagon
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3322, Andresvmb wrote:Like Titus is trying to argue that they had all these thoughts towards the end of yesterday that I cut off, but… where are they? They have come in to comment on what’s been happening lately ( is a good example), and they are complaining that I cut them off from putting forth valuable content, but where is that content? They’re still around, no one died during the night, so this is at worst an extension of yesterday. Nobody is stopping them from contributing, so where are these valuable insights? That’s the load of crap.
I don't do catch up walls. I do it by quoting posts and giving thoughts. I'm going back more during my lunch hour. That was quite evident. The only logical reason I have for you to do that is scum.

Why else would you stop someone trying to catch up?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Bell »

You will go down further in my lim pool if you try to kill there. We have some critically bad slots/dead weight this game.
They need to go way before Andre’s is even considered.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2315, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2200, VP Baltar wrote:So catboi made himself defuser?
And FYI to reiterate, if Andante, Greeting, or andres scum flip scum to confirm my theory is right about how the setup works, then what happened in the hood was that scum chose andres as the defser, and the scum team have roles which enable them to switch with one of the experts.
This is telling given the VP swap. It's a bit wifom, but why would scum pick VP Baltar as a defuser using that swap? Were they betting on a townie killing him or getting a scum point.

Note to check VP reads EoD 2.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2324, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2311, StrangeMatter wrote:Yeah no Frogs is probably scum here.

That's not even a shade I feel like comes from town its just fearmongering.
In post 2312, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Frogs is at 5/9 votes btw
That's fine, just remember my theory about how the setup works, some of the scum have PR roles that enable them to switch with one of the experts if they choose themselves as the defuser. I HEAVILY suspect andres and Andante have these roles based on their behavior in the hood, and I also HEAVILY FoS Greeting for instantly defusing catboi and then lurking the rest of the night.
Heavy FoS of Andres. Frogsterking was right on setup. I'd sheep him.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2365, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I really have no words if Frogster is somehow town here holy shit
Town
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2441, Greeting wrote::facepalm:

Andante
, you should ignore him. Do not engage with him and do not legitimise whatever bs he's trying to produce now.

A player with a 2011 joindate does not allow an uncounterclaimed power role, which is easily verifiable to die and continuously derail the PT while being town. There is no tinfoil, just a pretty straightforward scumplay here.
Frogsterking
must go today and this is something that I will not let go. This is the elimination for today. Period.

ELIMINATE FROGSTERKING, IGNORE WHAT HE SAYS AND THAT'S IT.

Thank you for your attention.
Scummy
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

It's a large Titus. Is it scummy to not wait for one person out of nineteen to catch up?

I don't understand the angle here
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:54 am

Scum ending the day early out of a desire to silence you would only make sense if they also tried to kill you N1?

And no one's claimed to protect you so i doubt that's happening
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2700, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2694, Andante wrote:lol
everyone: "I wanna hammer frogs!!!"
**frogs chilling on e-1**
no one wants it...
If I could only vote twice
Yuck on Adante
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:55 am

In post 3306, Cephrir wrote:humorous thought: what if enchant were scum with andres and fully aware that no one wants to join a wagon started by himself and titus so voting his partner is actually a form of protecting him
Switch enchant with Titus pushing Andres with a flimsy reason

and i lowkey think that's what's happening right now
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2711, Andresvmb wrote:I’ll wait for Titus to attempt a catch up. But after that, oh that sweet hammer is coming.
Andres waiting on me and hammers anyway.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3318, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3312, Titus wrote:I'm ok with being a bomb expert but not particularly desiring. Whatever the group wants.
if you don't want to be bomb expert then I'm not going to vote you for it today. not sure I feel the lack of agency here is scum-indicative but it's certainly not a good townie feeling
Fair but I don't feel like I can take charge this far behind but I am willing to adopt whatever role we need.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3329, Greeting wrote:I don't really have the energy to fully catch up on what's going on. But I see that some people are suspecting
Andresvmb
and I'm not sure why it isn't obvious to everyone that this slot is town. Even when
Frogsterking
flipped town, this doesn't really mean that
Andresvmb
isn't.

Let's rewind to Day 1.

Andresvmb
is being townread by literally no one. Nobody wanted him in as bomb expert.

It is abundantly clear that inserting him as bomb expert is a scum action and there's no need for me to expand on it further.

Now I urge someone to explain to me what is the possible logic behind scum inserting scum member
Andresvmb
in as a bomb expert. Obviously, the scums did not know what our reaction to
Andresvmb
being put in into our PT would be. But what is the most likely thought that came down? Maybe they were hoping that someone would bomb the solve (pun intended) and
Andresvmb
would go down for it? In my opinion, this was an action that was clearly meant to make our group doubt that slot and create confusion.

Before
Frogsterking
went full-on anti-town,
Andresvmb
posted his part of the solve without hesitation. He later even said (paraphrasing from the PT) that there is literally no excuse for someone putting in a wrong answer because they can always check in with the mod. He was fully cooperative and acted in a pro-town way.

If we take this into consideration, is trying to push
Andresvmb
an act by a group of confused townies or a purposeful action by scum, who do not know what went down in our PT (I am also townreading
Andante
in case someone didn't read any of my posts) and are attempting to make this incorrect push?

Andresvmb
is very likely town and I am not joining that wagon.
Here's what I suspect. Andres was put in to ensure Catboi died and scum played up and pushed Frog's buttons to implode. That nets dead obvtown a miselimination and heat off Andres for a necessary death.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Titus »

I also don't buy a doctor with limited kills plus bodyguard.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3328, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm struggling with the Titus point because it's definitely a questionable claim to say she was going to post content & obvtown and it was cut off prematurely, yet then not have that obvtown content available for us today here and now, but at the same time I can imagine a town!Titus earnestly believing and making this push.
Fair, but the content I went with was immediately outdated with the Frog flip. So I told myself to do it after daybreak.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Titus »

To the end of page 111
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:08 am

In post 3270, GuiltyLion wrote:ok I'm caught up and hey I am gonna give a quick n dirty readslist

town: {CSF, Bell, Ceph, Dwlee, Andante, Greeting}

prob-town?: {VP Baltar, Andres, Menalque}
nothing has pushed me either way: {Titus, Strange}
kinda scummy: {Pooky, Enchant}

scum: {Mala, Misty}

I'm really only feeling confident about the top and bottom tiers, middle is waffley. I do not like a lot of Pooky's most recent pushing on Dwlee. Enchant is making bad lazy votes.

CSF made a really good point in about misty's comment on Mala - I am having a hard time squaring Misty's "Mala is scum and scum are bussing her" as a genuine, real, townie thought when Misty is not also indicating real support for a Mala lim. I'd almost prefer Misty over Mala solely on that point + me thinking the swap last night had to benefit scum in SOME fashion, but I am not going to derail the Mala wagon while it is leading.
I'd also be down for a misty wagon
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Datisi »

;
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M