KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5500 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:06 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 5446, Menalque wrote:Okay, before we lim misty I wanna talk about pooky. Does anyone read him as town, if so why?

Here’s his basic trajectory re: Baltar
D1: v sus
N1: has the opportunity to kill Baltar, talks about doing it, then just kinda backs down and chills out and is happy to go along with it when the mood from the other three of us is more towards letting Baltar solve
D2: uh I don’t remember súper well but not worried about Baltar really i think?
N2: Baltar gets picked as defuser
D3: I say “we probably need to kill baltar to be safe” and pooky hard shoots that idea down, goes in to bat and provides reasons why Baltar probably isn’t scum and we should keep letting him defuse
N3: Andres dies
D4: pooky suggests VPB town and probably only scum if SM scum and he’s bussing, soft defending VPB and just going along with the maj take
EoD4: SM town
D5: mood of game clearly towards limming VPB, pooky reverses again and is now down for it
In post 5448, Menalque wrote:Question for anyone thinking I’m scum: why do I tie myself to my buddy on D5 when he’s so clearly going down anyway? If I’m hard committing to this, and willing to fake a PR claim (which you must believe me willing to do bc you think that’s what I’m doing today) then why not claim yesterday and claim a result to help Baltar survive, if I’m already hard committing to him?

Why hammer him at end of day when it weakens my possible defense of “sorry was stuck in a bad tunnel on dwlee”/try to maintain consistency there?

For today for those saying I make sense as scum with misty — if that were the team, and I’d just seen myself get shit for trying to save my buddy baltar, why in fuck would I not be all guns blazing for misty today when it would be that team comp’s ONLY hope of winning?
All of this
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5501 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:07 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 5456, Andante wrote:
In post 5445, Menalque wrote:Andante

Lying about having a PR to draw the NK — eh, pretty fair, can work out decently

Lying about having results to influence the lim — not cool, liable to v often end in disaster and broadly disrespectful to your fellow players
Want to tell me what “results” I gave that actually influenced anything? After I said something about strange not doing a NK, the way strange responded was extremely towny to me. I purposely didn’t hard clear, and guess what, yall still limmed Strange anyways… Dwlee thing? votes were already going to VP anyways, I didn’t change that. So want to tell me how I lied about stuff to influence a lim? At no point what I did was a liability, and I’m even coming clean now to help in the solving part… so no… nothing I did was disrespectful to my fellow players.
We can talk about it in post
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5502 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:08 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 5468, Cephrir wrote:im really obviously town and also like the only person defending you like dude
Being the only person defending me has come from scum as often as it’s come from town when I’ve been in a position where I needed defending
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #5503 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:30 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 6.02
  • with
    votes in play, it takes
    to make a decision.
  • day 6 ends in
    (expired on 2022-05-03 00:00:00)
    players who have the most nominations will be bomb experts on n6.

execution:

Mistyx [5]:
Cephrir, Andante, Cat Scratch Fever, Bell, PookyTheMagicalBear
Cat Scratch Fever [1]:
Mistyx

not voting [4]:
GuiltyLion, Dwlee99, Enchant, Menalque

bomb expert nominations:

Dwlee99 [6]:
Cat Scratch Fever, PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, GuiltyLion, Menalque, Cephrir
GuiltyLion [5]:
Cat Scratch Fever, PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, Dwlee99, Cephrir
Cat Scratch Fever [5]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, GuiltyLion, Dwlee99, Cephrir

not nominating [3]:
Andante, Mistyx, Enchant

eligible to be nominated:
Mistyx, GuilyLion, Dwlee99, Cat Scratch Fever, Menalque
ineligible to be nominated:
Cephrir, PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, Enchant, Andante

mod notes:
  • Menalque v/la weekends.
  • the vote counter is acting weird and i'm counting votes by hand, let me know if i make any mistakes.
Last edited by Datisi on Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5504 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:37 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Mistyx

Punch
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5505 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:15 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 6.final
  • with
    votes in play, it took
    to make a decision.
  • day 6 ended.
    players who have the most nominations will be bomb experts on n6.

execution:

Mistyx [6]:
Cephrir, Andante, Cat Scratch Fever, Bell, PookyTheMagicalBear, Enchant
[HAMMER]

Cat Scratch Fever [1]:
Mistyx

not voting [3]:
GuiltyLion, Dwlee99, Menalque

bomb expert nominations:

Dwlee99 [6]:
Cat Scratch Fever, PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, GuiltyLion, Menalque, Cephrir
GuiltyLion [5]:
Cat Scratch Fever, PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, Dwlee99, Cephrir
Cat Scratch Fever [5]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, GuiltyLion, Dwlee99, Cephrir

not nominating [3]:
Andante, Mistyx, Enchant

Mistyx, GuilyLion, Dwlee99, Cat Scratch Fever, Menalque
Cephrir, PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, Enchant, Andante

mod notes:
  • the vote counter is acting weird and i'm counting votes by hand, let me know if i make any mistakes.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5506 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:44 am

Post by Datisi »

flavourit seemed like it was going to be another short meeting, as it didn't take too long for the majority to agree on a single person. the only problem now was calling Datisi and getting him to come to the meeting room. you knew he was going to be annoyed about being woken up so soon, and you were awkwardly looking at each other, hoping someone would decide to take one for the team.

"i think Enchant should do it. he was the one to cast the final vote, after all," was heard from somewhere in the group, and most others quickly agreed.

Enchant grumbled as he took his phone out and dialed Datisi's number. after a few long seconds, Datisi's muffled voice was heard from the phone. you couldn't exactly make out what he was saying, but you could hear that he was not happy.

"sorry for waking you up, but we decided who we want dead," Enchant said while rolling his eyes at Datisi's complaints, "we vote Mistyx. so, if you-- hello? hello???"

Enchant lowered his phone, confused. "he hanged up."

"the signal must've cut out, call him again."

thinking how he does not get paid enough for this, he dialed the same phone number again. "it is not ringing. says his phone is out of service."

now getting impatient, the group started urging Enchant to go up to Datisi's office and check on him. before they could talk him into doing that, however, they heard a car engine being turned on in the parking lot, tires screeching, and a car rapidly departing.

Enchant was closest to the windows. "that... is Datisi's car."

he sighed and closed his eyes in annoyance. "you know what, fuck this," he uttered as he took out his pistol and shot Mistyx in the head.

that was one problem solved, the only issue now was that you still had no idea whose side was Mistyx on. someone in the group decided to check her wallet; maybe she had a GB Inc. business card in it, or something like that.

"well, no business cards here," they said while looking through her wallet, "but there is some kind of letter that has the GB Inc. stamp on it!"

they grinned as they dropped her wallet and opened the letter. reading through it, however, the joy on their face turned to confusion, then anger. "Datisi, i swear to FUCKING--"
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5507 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:45 am

Post by Datisi »

Mistyx has been executed day 6. she was a
GB Inc. 1-shot bomb rigger

Spoiler:
welcome,
Mistyx
! you are a
GB Inc. 1-shot bomb rigger
, a part of this game's informed minority.

factional abilities:

~ you are a member of the GB Inc. infiltrators, along with
[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
, and
[REDACTED]
~ you may talk with them in the infiltrators private topic, located
[REDACTED]
. you may talk there at any time, as long as you are alive.
~ twice in the first twilight, and once every other twilight, a living member of the infiltrators may submit a factional bomb setup.
~ once every night, a living member of the infiltrators may submit a factional kill action, provided you have one available.

role abilities:

~ once in the game, in twilight, you may set up a rigged bomb that will always explode at the end of the night.

win conditions:

~ you win when all DATS Inc. employees are dead and at least one GB Inc. infiltrator is alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.
~ alternatively, you win when GB Inc. infiltrators act as successful bomb defusers 4 times.

the game thread is here. please confirm your role by replying to this pm with your role name, or by posting in your pt.

bomb experts are:
  • Dwlee99
  • GuiltyLion
  • Cat Scratch Fever
twilight 6 starts now and ends in
(expired on 2022-04-25 17:00:00)
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5508 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Datisi »

final bomb squad is:

experts:
  • Dwlee99
  • GuiltyLion
  • Cat Scratch Fever
defuser:
  • Andante
the information for the defuser and experts will be going out shortly. night 6 starts now and ends in
(expired on 2022-04-27 17:30:00)
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5509 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Datisi »

flavour"
emergency meeting. all personnel
--"

you didn't bother reading the text in full. Datisi was really starting to get on your nerves; first you're forced to play a bad imitation of a murder game, then you're forced to shoot one of your colleagues, and now you have to come in to work on a sunday?

you walked into the meeting room and plopped onto the first free chair. looking around, most other employees were also annoyed about the fact they were being forced to work today, though there was at least some solace in knowing you've been on a roll two days in a row.

shortly after, the door violently swung open. Datisi seemed to be in a good mood.

"good morning, friends!" he exclaimed with a bit too much enthusiasm. "i have some good news and some bad news!"

all the other heads in the room slowly turned towards him. "the bad news is, Cephrir is dead."

before anyone is given a chance to process that, Datisi continued, "but the good news is, i got you a gift for your hard's work this week!" and threw some envelopes onto the table.

each employee slowly grabbed one envelope and carefully opened it; they had learned to be wary of Datisi's gifts. "coupons?"

"that's right!" Datisi said as joy beamed from his face. "10% off on your 5th purchase! useable at any DATS Inc. store!"

"Datisi, the company is currently facing three lawsuits for selling faulty explosives. what makes you think we would use these?"

Datisi was in a good mood, however, and he was not about to listen to these petty complaints. "well maybe if you did your job properly, we wouldn't have that problem, now would we?"

he turned around to leave. "try to finish this thing today, will ya? maybe we can get back to our normal work schedule by next week."
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Datisi »

Cephrir has been killed night 6. he was a
DATS Inc. vanilla employee

Spoiler:
welcome,
Cephrir
! you are a
, a part of this game's uninformed majority.

role abilities:

~ you have no special abilities.

win conditions:

~ you win when all GB Inc. infiltrators are dead and at least one DATS Inc. employee is alive.
~ alternatively, you win when DATS Inc. employees act as successful bomb defusers 8 times.

the game thread is here. please confirm your role by replying to this pm with your role name.

the sun rises. it is now day 7.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5511 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:30 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 7.00
  • with
    votes in play, it takes
    to make a decision.
  • day 7 ends in
    (expired on 2022-05-07 20:45:00)
    players who have the most nominations will be bomb experts on n7.

execution:

not voting [8]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Andante, GuiltyLion, Enchant, Dwlee99, Cat Scratch Fever, Menalque, Bell

bomb expert nominations:

not nominating [8]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Andante, GuiltyLion, Enchant, Dwlee99, Cat Scratch Fever, Menalque, Bell

PookyTheMagicalBear, Andante, Enchant, Menalque, Bell
Dwlee99, GuiltyLion, Cat Scratch Fever

mod notes:
  • sorry for late daystart, i was coloring a drawing and i lost the track of time
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

HEAL: Bell
HEAL: Pooky
HEAL: Andante

VOTE: Menalque
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #5513 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

HEAL: Bell
HEAL: Pooky
HEAL: Andante

VOTE: Menalque

Agree!
I prefer they, thanks :)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5514 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually I guess we should wait to see if CSF jailed Menalque? he might be cleared then right?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5515 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

CSF claimed lazy, she can't act anymore
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5516 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 5489, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Unfortunately my role is lazy so it will not work if Misty flips scum
ooh wait nvm lol forgot about this
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5517 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

To summarize hood cause useful: we all agreed Andante was mildly townie and defused without much issue.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5518 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

yah I think correct play with the defuses from here on out is to defuse for anybody who has not defused before and blow up anybody that's already had a successful defuse. That way we let town control the majority of kills while ensuring scum can't win by the 4 defuse wincon
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5519 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

If I scumread the defuser choice I'd treat it like a vig personally but
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5520 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Bell »

100% killing mena today. I can justify some of the moves he made, but all of them points a huge arrow directly at him.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5521 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Bell »

Are there any results or anything we should hear about first?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5522 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Bell »

Yay. I read cephrir as town and they were town. Isn’t that nice.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5523 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Menalque »

I have nothing to say other than it would be lovely if in future you (collective) could address the multiple points on why I don't make sense as scum before limming me, instead of looking at them after the fact and going "oh yeah, he had a point actually"
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5524 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 5468, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5406, Menalque wrote:Andy
Dwlee
Enchant
Bell

^ i feel good about all this being town

Mistyx, GL, Ceph, CSF <— this is the problematic section for me as it stands

\/ feel good abou this being scum

Pooky
im really obviously town and also like the only person defending you like dude
In post 5510, Datisi wrote:
Cephrir has been killed night 6. he was a

Spoiler:
welcome,
Cephrir
! you are a
, a part of this game's uninformed majority.

role abilities:

~ you have no special abilities.

win conditions:

~ you win when all GB Inc. infiltrators are dead and at least one DATS Inc. employee is alive.
~ alternatively, you win when DATS Inc. employees act as successful bomb defusers 8 times.

the game thread is here. please confirm your role by replying to this pm with your role name.

the sun rises. it is now day 7.
yes, this is a kill I would make as scum