Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Grib »

I've played with people like you before. If I think you're just not going to cooperate with me on principle (which I do), I will play around you. You were kind of rude to me before for no real reason.

The whole point of my "case" on Frog was that those things bothered me, I asked Frog to clarify, and he actively chose not to. That certainly isn't townie, and kind of lends credence to my theory that Frog isn't town.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Erinys

I'm sheeping Bella's take that Fire forgetting that game is nai. I reflected and decided that Fire and I could be TvT here.
In post 220, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 215, Enchant wrote:Game i staling, let's make decision already and end day.
We still have like 8 days to come to a decision, y'know.
In post 217, Solway Firth wrote:As for HPE, I scumread her to reasons previously stated. I also don’t like how she voted BBT, and her tone is very off.
Just was not particularly keen on how BBT went about their vote. Also would prefer if you used this one's preferred pronouns, please.

As for other matters, this one is considering a vote on Frogster. Definitely echo the idea of appeasement, and just in general didn't really like his tone during the already weird accusation and subsequent vote based on Fire lying about meta. Going to wait on that for the time being. For now: A vague reads list because only like 3 people are actually posting frequently.

Townlean:
Aisa
Thestatusquo
Scumlean:
Frogsterking
Enchant

Other than Frog being genuinely kind of "hm." none of these very concrete. Everyone else is about neutral right now, and definitely subject to change once people actually start getting to talking.

I'm pretty sure this is a scum slot.
Low
certainty. The townlean on Shea with no explanation is bad and doesn't track for me; the scumlean on Enchant with no explanation is bad and doesn't track for me. This feels like scum setting up a fake read progression on me in conjunction with an earlier shade post they made on me.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Grib »

Actually, I'll expand on my approach here a little bit.

I'm not going to try to justify things in term of what town!Frog would do and what scum!Frog would do. That's meta; I've never played with Frog in my life and I have no intention of doing a meta dive. I asked for a brief summary of his playstyle, and some other people have chimed in, and that's what I'm working with.

So with that in mind (the main point in my mind being that Frog is Hard To Read but Catches Scum Pretty Early), I, a villager that knows next to nothing, notice some patterns in a couple of Frog's posts and I lay them out all nice and neat to see if Frog can explain why he did the things he did. He quotes the post but doesn't address anything. Several pages go by and still, nothing. What am I supposed to make of that?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
Shea
Thestatusquo
Shea
Shea

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 275, Grib wrote:I've played with people like you before. If I think you're just not going to cooperate with me on principle (which I do), I will play around you. You were kind of rude to me before for no real reason.

The whole point of my "case" on Frog was that those things bothered me, I asked Frog to clarify, and he actively chose not to. That certainly isn't townie, and kind of lends credence to my theory that Frog isn't town.
This isnt an answer to my question, which was very specific.
My memes are no longer relevant to the youths

Manatee Mafia coming to a large theme queue near you SOON (TM)
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 275, Grib wrote:The whole point of my "case" on Frog was that those things bothered me, I asked Frog to clarify, and he actively chose not to. That certainly isn't townie, and kind of lends credence to my theory that Frog isn't town.
I +1 Elements
In post 238, Elements wrote:
In post 234, Grib wrote:Sooo… I made a case for Frog being scum.
I think your case comes from a town mindset. I don't think your points necessarily point towards Frog scum though. I can see Frog!town wanting to sort Fire and so not paying as much attention to others doing the same, and I think Frog and Fire's early interactions point in this direction.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 1.04

With 13 players, it takes 7 to make a decision. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-10-18 11:30:00).

VC
Elements [3]:
Aisa [], Eiralox [], Bellaphant []
Aisa [2]:
Firebringer [], Enchant []
Frogsterking [2]:
Grib [], BlueBloodedToffee []
Not_Mafia [1]:
Not_Mafia []
BlueBloodedToffee [1]:
HighPrincessErinys []
Grib [1]:
Thestatusquo []
HighPrincessErinys [1]:
Frogsterking []

Not voting [2]:
Solway Firth, Elements []
Last edited by Cat Scratch Fever on Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 277, Grib wrote:So with that in mind (the main point in my mind being that Frog is Hard To Read but Catches Scum Pretty Early), I, a villager that knows next to nothing, notice some patterns in a couple of Frog's posts and I lay them out all nice and neat to see if Frog can explain why he did the things he did. He quotes the post but doesn't address anything. Several pages go by and still, nothing. What am I supposed to make of that?
Townie indignation fyi
@
Shea

Shea have you ever been BoPed before?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Grib »

I did answer the question.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Grib »

In post 279, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 275, Grib wrote:The whole point of my "case" on Frog was that those things bothered me, I asked Frog to clarify, and he actively chose not to. That certainly isn't townie, and kind of lends credence to my theory that Frog isn't town.
I +1 Elements
In post 238, Elements wrote:
In post 234, Grib wrote:Sooo… I made a case for Frog being scum.
I think your case comes from a town mindset. I don't think your points necessarily point towards Frog scum though. I can see Frog!town wanting to sort Fire and so not paying as much attention to others doing the same, and I think Frog and Fire's early interactions point in this direction.
So why didn't you say so when you acknowledged my post?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 283, Grib wrote:So why didn't you say so when you acknowledged my post?
IDK, someone posted that in reply to me once and I thought it was funny.

I didn't have this purpose in mind, but I'm glad that I answered how I did because it gave Elements the chance to say what they did and because I think your indignation about it now is Townie FWIW
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 220, HighPrincessErinys wrote:Just was not particularly keen on how BBT went about their vote. Also would prefer if you used this one's preferred pronouns, please.
Shade also. Missed this part.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Town leans

Bella
Elements
Aisa
Grib
Fire

Null

NM
Enchant

Scum leans

Erinys
Maybe Shea

__

I'll have to look at the rest later
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by Grib »

Hm. I kind of like that response.

Kind of annoyed at how you went about it :V but oh well.

UNVOTE:
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Grib »

VOTE: BBT

Not a scumread, but vague feeling that he's trying to lie low. Poke poke.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Grib »

I guess Elements can also be a squishy townread for trying to pry me off of Frog. But he also has three votes on him for some reason, I'll look at that later.
Elements
Elements
they/she
Mafia Scum
Elements
they/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/she

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Elements »

Do people not look at the pronouns of others?
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 277, Grib wrote:I'm not going to try to justify things in term of what town!Frog would do and what scum!Frog would do. That's meta; I've never played with Frog in my life and I have no intention of doing a meta dive. I asked for a brief summary of his playstyle, and some other people have chimed in, and that's what I'm working with.
Thank you for this by the way

PEdit

I didn't mean to put you down, the context someone replied like that to me I had made a good zinger or something @them and that was their response to me.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Grib »

Sorry, I mixed you up with Enchant, whose gender I'm assuming.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 290, Elements wrote:Do people not look at the pronouns of others?
Wait before I go can you clarify why you townleaned Bella in your initial reads list?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
Shea
Thestatusquo
Shea
Shea

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 282, Grib wrote:I did answer the question.
You did not. I asked you what made the miriad of things you listed about frogger to be more likely to come from scum than town. You have not answered that.

Elements
Elements
they/she
Mafia Scum
Elements
they/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/she

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 293, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 290, Elements wrote:Do people not look at the pronouns of others?
Wait before I go can you clarify why you townleaned Bella in your initial reads list?
Purely vibes
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
Shea
Thestatusquo
Shea
Shea

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 281, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 277, Grib wrote:So with that in mind (the main point in my mind being that Frog is Hard To Read but Catches Scum Pretty Early), I, a villager that knows next to nothing, notice some patterns in a couple of Frog's posts and I lay them out all nice and neat to see if Frog can explain why he did the things he did. He quotes the post but doesn't address anything. Several pages go by and still, nothing. What am I supposed to make of that?
Townie indignation fyi
@
Shea

Shea have you ever been BoPed before?
Burden of proficiency? Nah, I'm pretty bad as town.

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 294, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 282, Grib wrote:I did answer the question.
You did not. I asked you what made the miriad of things you listed about frogger to be more likely to come from scum than town. You have not answered that.
You asked about town!Frog and scum!Frog, and I answered that those are meta reads and not how I'm approaching him. Now you're generalising your question, which is fine. It's my opinion that a villager wouldn't behave the way he did because he'd be actively preventing me from getting a read on his slot. I also thought he might not know how to answer my questions in a way that would make me back off, and was hoping I'd eventually drop it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
Shea
Thestatusquo
Shea
Shea

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

No, I quoted a list of things you said about frog, I ask you why each of those things is more likely to come from scum than town. I am trying to figure out what your scum hunting process is because I don't think any of the things you said in the post I quoted are more likely to come from scum. So, if you disagree I'd like you to explain that.

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Grib »

Okay, I think you're mixing up your own posts.

Spoiler:
In post 261, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 117, Grib wrote:I meant, what peopel have to say about it when I lay out the reasons. But you're right, I don't think I'm going to get much out of waiting.

The problems I have with that vote are

1) it was waaay too early to accuse Firebringer of not wanting to have reads.
2) it was also too early to accuse scum of not wanting to fill out your survey - barely half the game had posted at that time.
3) you didn't explain why scum would or would not interact with your quiz.
4) I purposefully ignored your quiz to see what you would do about it, and you didn't react at all, which makes me think that 2 was complete bull.
5) you townreading me right after that felt appease-y.
this is a scum post. poking at things that are surface level and look weird but at their core don't have any particular reason why scum would do them rather than town.

I think the whole song and dance that grib did wrt me and frogster falls into the same category of just performative nonsense.

I don't think you think any of this actually helps you find scum.

VOTE: grib

Realistic attempts to sorts don't look like this, generally, this is what scum posts when they want to look involved in the thread but don't have anything real to push on.
This is you quoting my reasons. No question here.

Spoiler:
In post 274, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 271, Grib wrote:Eh, yeah, that's about what I expected from Shea. There's always at least one player every single game who dislikes either me or my playstyle and then finds a way to scumread me for it.

Probably just going to ignore and play around that slot, to be honest, because if he's a villager there's like 0% chance he ever extends an olive branch.
No need to extend an olive branch if you do townie things. Explain how any of the things you mentioned are more likely to come from scum frogster than town frogster, please. The "I guess I just need to play around the slot" ain't a townie response to one bit of pressure even a little bit.
I assume this is the question you were asking, which I answered holistically, but apparently not the way you wanted me to because it sounds like you want a line-by-line justification for thinking those reasons were scummy. Is that correct?