Shea
Thestatusquo
Shea
Shea

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

gracias!
My memes are no longer relevant to the youths

Manatee Mafia coming to a large theme queue near you SOON (TM)
Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Solway Firth »

In post 469, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 459, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 426, HighPrincessErinys wrote:Definitely don't like how BBT went about that argument (esp. the OMGUS) but this one does also see it as potentially being not very AI. Pretty half and half on if it's scummy or not overall. As for Aisa, this one will probably need to ISO her posts and try and draw a conclusion itself.
What did you dislike? Why do you think it's not AI?
Mostly think that TSQ has something of a point. Not a decisive one, but something of one, and again the OMGUS wasn't a great look. But beyond the actual points of contention on how scummy or not scummy pointing out defensiveness is, Aisa and Grib pointed out the argument was mostly moreso a disagreement of personality than alignment, atleast in their eyes, and this one gets that kind of feel too. Your actual defense, to this one, feels like it could be either a town or scum defense, so it doesn't think this adds up to
too
much in it's book, for now.

As for Aisa, this one finally got around to reading her posts, and... Ehhhh? Nothing particularly jumps out at it as weird or scummy. Maybe it needs to read it over three more times with a magnifying glass but like, for now it's just gonna tune the Aisa wagon out of it's options unless something big comes up.

Not a fan of staying unvoted for so long so going to cap this post off with a VOTE: FrogsterKing in absence of a better vote.
This post is quite bad. HPE says that TSQ may have a point, but then it claims that TSQ’s OMGUS is a bad look for him. It then uses these two arguments to avoid coming to a proper conclusion on the TSQ/BBT spat. HPE’s point about TSQ’s OMGUS being bad is a point that stands on very weak footing, as before TSQ voted BBT, TSQ expressed a strong scumread on BBT at which point BBT reacted to the scumread by voting TSQ. So in that case isn’t BBT the one ‘OMGUS-ing’ and voting TSQ? This seems like the reasonable conclusion HPE should have gotten if it was reading the BBT/TSQ spat from the eye of someone determined to figure out BBT and TSQ’s alignment. Instead, it looks like it was trying to shade both BBT and TSQ for different reasons to keep its hands clean.

The next part of this post is just HPE writing off the Aisa wagon because “nothing particularly jumps out.” I don’t even have to say why that’s scummy. There’s zero analysis done. I guess we’ll all just have to take HPE’s word for it that it tried to analyze Aisa’s ISO but nothing at all stood out? Either HPE is being lazy town, or HPE is scum who wants to be safe and fence-sit on the Aisa wagon. I’m leaning to towards the latter.

VOTE: HPE
Aisa
Aisa
she
Goon
Aisa
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:58 am

Post by Aisa »

Solway sorry but can you try to answer any of my questions / invitations to comment on something? ISO me and ctrl+f "Solway" and it should bring up two or three things.

I'm finding it hard to read you as you're usually posting about things that happened quite a while ago, which isn't necessarily your fault, but also yeah
Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Solway Firth »

In post 561, Aisa wrote:Do you think that means BBT is faking the read on Bella?
Yes, I think that is possible. To elaborate more, when I disagree with someone’s read, that doesn’t make them scum. But here it looks as if BBT is trying to draw a townread on Bella despite her lack of real content.
Aisa
Aisa
she
Goon
Aisa
she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Aisa »

Oh god I can't read
I'm so sorry
Aisa
Aisa
she
Goon
Aisa
she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Aisa »

You were answering my question, I don't know why my brain registered it as something else :facepalm: I will read it now, thank you
Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:02 am

Post by Solway Firth »

:lol:

I was writing 578 and I saw in p-edits that you had asked me to answer your questions. I’ve been jumping around the game and reading ISO’s rather than posting real-time.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its
Townie
HighPrincessErinys
it/its
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:08 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 576, Solway Firth wrote:
In post 426, HighPrincessErinys wrote:Definitely don't like how BBT went about that argument (esp. the OMGUS) but this one does also see it as potentially being not very AI. Pretty half and half on if it's scummy or not overall. As for Aisa, this one will probably need to ISO her posts and try and draw a conclusion itself.
Mostly think that TSQ has something of a point. Not a decisive one, but something of one, and again the OMGUS wasn't a great look. But beyond the actual points of contention on how scummy or not scummy pointing out defensiveness is, Aisa and Grib pointed out the argument was mostly moreso a disagreement of personality than alignment, atleast in their eyes, and this one gets that kind of feel too. Your actual defense, to this one, feels like it could be either a town or scum defense, so it doesn't think this adds up to
too

As for Aisa, this one finally got around to reading her posts, and... Ehhhh? Nothing particularly jumps out at it as weird or scummy. Maybe it needs to read it over three more times with a magnifying glass but like, for now it's just gonna tune the Aisa wagon out of it's options unless something big comes up.

Not a fan of staying unvoted for so long so going to cap this post off with a VOTE: FrogsterKing in absence of a better vote.
This post is quite bad. HPE says that TSQ may have a point, but then it claims that TSQ’s OMGUS is a bad look for him. It then uses these two arguments to avoid coming to a proper conclusion on the TSQ/BBT spat. HPE’s point about TSQ’s OMGUS being bad is a point that stands on very weak footing, as before TSQ voted BBT, TSQ expressed a strong scumread on BBT at which point BBT reacted to the scumread by voting TSQ. So in that case isn’t BBT the one ‘OMGUS-ing’ and voting TSQ? This seems like the reasonable conclusion HPE should have gotten if it was reading the BBT/TSQ spat from the eye of someone determined to figure out BBT and TSQ’s alignment. Instead, it looks like it was trying to shade both BBT and TSQ for different reasons to keep its hands clean.

The next part of this post is just HPE writing off the Aisa wagon because “nothing particularly jumps out.” I don’t even have to say why that’s scummy. There’s zero analysis done. I guess we’ll all just have to take HPE’s word for it that it tried to analyze Aisa’s ISO but nothing at all stood out? Either HPE is being lazy town, or HPE is scum who wants to be safe and fence-sit on the Aisa wagon. I’m leaning to towards the latter.

...This one mean BBT's OMGUS... It's siding with TSQ here. Perhaps that's on it for not pointing that out specifically. And it genuinely doesn't see much of note from Aisa in ISO. Again maybe it IS lazy and or blind, but like. That's what it's genuinely getting. Shrug.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its
Townie
HighPrincessErinys
it/its
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:10 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

Well, actually no, it DID point out the OMGUS was specifically BBT.
This was nested in the quotes, and pretty clearly lines up BBT and the OMGUS.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Solway Firth »

In post 230, Aisa wrote:
In post 217, Solway Firth wrote:[...] As for HPE, I scumread her to reasons previously stated. I also don’t like how she voted BBT, and her tone is very off. [...]
What do you dislike about Erynis's vote on BBT? What about its tone is off?
I disliked HPE’s vote on BBT because it was voting him purely for silently hopping on to a wagon in the very early game. I’ve found that votes like that tend to correlate with being scum. I don’t fully remember why I thought HPE’s tone was off, but rereading some of its posts all of them look a bit forced and careful. My general rule for tone scumreads is that if the player’s tone differs significantly for one or two posts in their ISO or if their tone is different this game than in their town games, it’s scummy. HPE’s tone has remained consistent throughout their ISO, so I don’t scumread HPE for their tone. I do still have to check HPE’s past games.
Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Solway Firth »

In post 582, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
too

...This one mean BBT's OMGUS... It's siding with TSQ here. Perhaps that's on it for not pointing that out specifically. And it genuinely doesn't see much of note from Aisa in ISO. Again maybe it IS lazy and or blind, but like. That's what it's genuinely getting. Shrug.
:facepalm:
UNVOTE: HPE
I do still scumread you to some extent, but the meat of my current vote against you was the whole TSQ OMGUS thing
Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Solway Firth »

In post 415, Aisa wrote:
In post 403, Solway Firth wrote:
In post 224, Firebringer wrote:[case on Aisa]
This case makes a lot of sense. I admit, I skimmed past several of Asia’s posts on the earlier pages and didn’t take the time to properly verify and analyze Aisa’s points.
Maybe you might like to vote me or to ask me some questions?
I didn’t have questions to ask then, nor did I want to vote you because I was not caught up.
Aisa
Aisa
she
Goon
Aisa
she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Aisa »

Okay, Solway, it turns out you weren't
actually
answering any of my questions in 576. I was correct about that in 577. Then I went and made a mess of everything with 579 and 580.

But you've since been answering my questions, so we're good! :D

Also, maybe I'm underestimating how much mafia experience you have, but way to town it up in the space of about 10 minutes.

I will now exile myself from the thread for the night before I make 30 more posts. Bye~
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:22 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 1.09

With 13 players, it takes 7 to make a decision. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-10-18 11:30:00).

VC
Elements [3]:
Eiralox [], Bellaphant [], Not_Mafia []
BlueBloodedToffee [3]:
Thestatusquo [], Elements [], Aisa []
Aisa [2]:
Firebringer [], Enchant []
Thestatusquo [2]:
BlueBloodedToffee [], Frogsterking []
Frogsterking [1]:
HighPrincessErinys []
HighPrincessErinys [1]:
Grib []

Not voting [1]:
Solway Firth []

Mod Notes- Grib is v/la for the weekend
- I'm feeling unwell, so updates may be delayed. Please PM if you need something!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Prodding Not_Mafia and Bellaphant
Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:04 am

Post by Solway Firth »

Town:
Thestatusquo
Lean town:
Grib, Firebringer, Enchant
Null town:
Frogsterking, Bellaphant, Elements
Null: Eiralox, Not_Mafia
Lean scum: HPE, BBT, Aisa

I don’t have many strong reads which is very rare for me in a game of this size.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
Shea
Thestatusquo
Shea
Shea

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

If I'm your strongest town read why are you voting someone who I am town reading while I am trying to wagon someone who you say you find equally scummy to that person?

Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Solway Firth »

In post 587, Aisa wrote:Okay, Solway, it turns out you weren't
actually
answering any of my questions in 576. I was correct about that in 577. Then I went and made a mess of everything with 579 and 580.

But you've since been answering my questions, so we're good! :D

Also, maybe I'm underestimating how much mafia experience you have, but way to town it up in the space of about 10 minutes.

I will now exile myself from the thread for the night before I make 30 more posts. Bye~
I’m an alt, but my main doesn’t have a large amount of forum mafia experience.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
Shea
Thestatusquo
Shea
Shea

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:08 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

oh you just unvoted. My question remains the same sort of, even though the genesis of it is moot. If you scum read BBT and I am your strongest town read who is also scum reading and trying to wagon BBT, why are you not voting BBT?

Solway Firth
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Solway Firth
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Solway Firth »

In post 591, Thestatusquo wrote:If I'm your strongest town read why are you voting someone who I am town reading while I am trying to wagon someone who you say you find equally scummy to that person?
I am not fully engaged with the current events of the thread. I also don’t feel confident enough in my BBT scumread to make a vote just yet.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: solway

Solway is low posting scum writing longer catchup posts to try and get Townread.
Low
certainty.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
Shea
Thestatusquo
Shea
Shea

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 595, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: solway

Solway is low posting scum writing longer catchup posts to try and get Townread.
Low
certainty.
What posts would you describe as "long catchup posts"

And what about catching up is more likely to come from scum than town?

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 596, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 595, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: solway

Low
certainty.
What posts would you describe as "long catchup posts"

And what about catching up is more likely to come from scum than town?
It makes the posts easier to write, it makes it easier to avoid faking interactions and it makes it easier to monitor the thread carefully and double check everything your saying. I get the sense that Solway is monitoring the thread very carefully and is being cautious in what he says and I think that combined with lurky + unusual activity in the thread in response to what's happening is more likely to come from scum.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Frogsterking »

too

Podts like this one.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Firebringer »

I should really really be digesting what shea was posting. But its friday and ive been running on like 3-4 hours of sleep each night this week. Very bad.

Anyways just want to say and i think i might too much in to a tunnely mode when i say this but post 572 felt like a post scum would make to over explain and justify moving to BBT. I feel like town response would been like TSQ has a point here, i am fine voting BBT.
Then voted

Now i want to say if she did THAT i might still see it in scummy manner. So maybe again im in tunnel mode.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown