Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

HD*
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Iecerint »

RestFermata wrote:Why is jason surprised that PV's role is a demon that you fight in the game? That's the whole point of the flavor...that the town are the "enemies" in the video game while the scum are the "heroes" of the game. I think jason is town, though, based on the kinds of questions he was asking PV.

I guess it's probably pretty obvious who I am given that this wasn't obvious to me, if it was obvious to everyone else. <_<

pedit o
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

who are you?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Spoiler: Empking wall[/spoiler
Human Destroyer wrote:VOTE: Empking

Explanation after I answer this question.

VP Baltar wrote:Hey, HD, what was your reasoning for voting PV again? I'd like a full case considering your iso shows you pretty thin on actual reasoning for voting him. TIA

His horribly explained townreads were just the popular ones plus like one "out there" townread (RestFermata), his vote park on SaintKerrigan because he "didn't like any of the leading wagons" without actually pushing for a SaintKerrigan wagon, this wagon misrep and discredit, and this post is another load of horseshit misrepping and discrediting me.

That should be everything.

Now Empking.

PeregrineV wrote:@Kerrigan- I've seen a lot more scum self-vote during RVS than town. What's up?

@Four- You're voting EmpKing for getting on Kerrigan wagon, which is a wagon she herself is on.Somehow that bugs me.

Vote: FourTrouble

Chainsaw defense of Empking for a really stupid reason.

He never mentions Empking ever again.

Empking wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't think I agree with Iecerint-scum. But I am starting to come around on Peregrine.

Why?

Everyone/anyone: Is there a Pere case I can look at?

This is Empking's only mention of PeregrineV, and it looks like whether he's wondering if the case is strong enough where he should jump on the wagon and bus, or if it's too weak and he has to stay off.

I said this before, but it's also weird because of his earlier bandwagon hopping.

:neutral:

Yeah I like this vote.

Spoilered for the faint of heart. Don't worry, shouldn't be too bad though.
Are you ready for this?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Iecerint »

Crossbreed Priscilla
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:31 am

Post by leviathan93 »

VP Baltar wrote:Because he calls you town I assume.

Anyhow, lots of stuff here to work with now. ThAd's analysis posts aren't bad. I do think the clear move today is to lynch Iec. He's the safest bet for hitting scum I believe. What I want to do is figure out who could be a potential PV-Iec partner before the day is out. That will give a clear game plan to follow.

not even because he calls me town. you call me town and so does Iecerant. just because someone calls me town doesn't mean i think they are town. =P I have had to deal with a lot of people "buddying" up to me in past games when I AM town but everyone thinks i'm just scummy as usual except the scum are on my side and believe i'm town and its weird. i don't trust that.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

"Good day! You look reasonably sane!"

3rd vote count of Day three

:right:
Ieccrint: 4 (VP Baltar, FourTrouble, Empking, ThAdmiral)

ThAdmiral: 1 (Iecerint)
Empking: 1 (Human Destroyer)

Not voting: 2 (Nachomamma8 leviathan93)

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Deadline for the end of the day is in (expired on 2013-04-05 21:30:00)

ThAdmiral wrote:@ mod: can you just, like, tell us?

I could, but I won't. More fun this way.... Don't you think?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I figure I'll go ahead and finish claiming. I'm VT. The flavor of my voting ability is called "Blizzard."

The fact that I am VT is what made me sensitive to everyone claiming VT in the early game. As scum, I would never have tried to annoy DDD or VP in the early game. I think these are the clearest indicators that I am town from a neutral POV.

The only thing I'm quite sure of is that levi is town. I think RestFermata/ThAdmiral is the most questionable slot IMO.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Iecerint wrote:I figure I'll go ahead and finish claiming. I'm VT. The flavor of my voting ability is called "Blizzard."

The fact that I am VT is what made me sensitive to everyone claiming VT in the early game. As scum, I would never have tried to annoy DDD or VP in the early game. I think these are the clearest indicators that I am town from a neutral POV.

The only thing I'm quite sure of is that levi is town. I think RestFermata/ThAdmiral is the most questionable slot IMO.

You tried to annoy me? I don't remember that. I remember nailing PV and then catching you out for waffling/defending him for pretty poor reasons. Then you started to lash out as scum tend to do when they are caught and don't have a good defense. I don't think any of that was your impetus.

Also, I thought you were pretty sure just a few pages ago that I was town...what changed?
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Human Destroyer wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Hey HD, what do you think of Iec? Have we heard from you about him...I could be forgetting.

Oh hey, that was convenient, just decided to come back to this game

I think I've said he was a townread multiple times now, comes from an early period where I really liked his push on RestFermata.

I haven't really been paying attention to this game but unless I really missed something drastic I don't want him lynched.

This reasoning is really weak. He has all kinds of connections to confirmed scum, which I've been pointing out all game pretty much. Saying he's town with impunity based upon and "early period" push on RestFermata doesn't really hold water with me. What has he done recently that makes you think he's town? What do you think of his interactions with PV?
YOUR AD HERE
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Nothing changed, though levi is the only one I'd bet the house on.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by Iecerint »

VP wrote:You tried to annoy me? I don't remember that.

4u:

Iecerint wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:?

That means I am giggling at your rhetorical dictionary-wielding.

Iecerint wrote:Re: VPBaltar's VT-claim tirade -- It's true that we should lynch VT claims from a theory perspective (for the same reason that everyone shouldn't massclaim at the start of D1), though I've never actually made that argument in my life except as scum, SOOOO.

Iecerint wrote:Your tirade didn't have anything to do with me. :roll:

You have also cut off the quote to mask that I say your tirade theory background is legit (even if I typically only voice it as scum). So much for wily discrediting!
Iecerint wrote:Re: VPBaltar's VT-claim tirade
-- It's true that we should lynch VT claims from a theory perspective (for the same reason that everyone shouldn't massclaim at the start of D1), though I've never actually made that argument in my life except as scum, SOOOO.

Iecerint wrote:PS this is a tirade FYI (bold added):
VP Baltar wrote:
why the fuck
aren't we lynching someone who claims VT?
Do you seriously think
that the scum wouldn't have received fake claims with this much flavor? For everyone who just jumped off of PV, and for PV himself who said that his wagon sprang up quickly for no reason, tell me what is the reasoning behind TOWK wagon.
Thought so.

tl;dr - Lynching PV is the logical choice today and will result in dead scum.
Quit derping
about flavor.

pedit - why did I ever doubt you DDD?

VP Baltar wrote:
leviathan93 wrote:i do doubt that scum has received fake claims with this much flavor

based upon what exactly? That doesn't make any sense.

levithan wrote: i currently believe the VT claim.

based upon what exactly? That doesn't make any sense.

Seriously, though,
how in the world do you think
it's logical to design a game that can be broken by all the VTs claiming flavor and the
scum sitting their with their hands in the air
with no recourse to stop it?

VP Baltar wrote:
oh now I remember why I stopped playing mafia. No one on here is good at it anymore.
'cept DDD of course.

Listen up young uns
, scum get fake claims, that's a fact. I don't understand this argument of "PV's reaction" makes him town. I do call it stubbornly hanging on RF. How did the way he claim make him more town for you? All he did was read a claim and give flavor to go along with that claim. Nothing more, nothing less. Tell me where i'm wrong.

Iecerint wrote::lol:

Iecerint wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:[Pere] claiming VT has nothing to do with why he should be lynched. Nor did I say it did.

VP Baltar, at the start of his diatribe about how the newbs don't know how to play mafia, wrote:why the fuck aren't we lynching someone who claims VT?

Not sure why you'd go so far as to say that, but yeah, that was the whole point of your diatribe.

(You have since also said that you Peregrine should be lynched for not scumhunting.)

Iecerint wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Because scum make a focused effort to dismantle their wagons if they get too serious. It's hard to lynch scum on Day 1 because it's so easy for them to WIFOM their way out of the noose. Conversely, when a townie is being run up, there aren't multiple players banding together to divert the wagon and its much easier to make happen.

The same logic means that quickwagons are more likely to be on town. Which is why I think Peregrine is probably town.

Iecerint wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:You can argue I didn't make my reasons public but I very clearly had a reason.

:roll:

Iecerint wrote:My voting ability is flavored in a way that is relevant to my role...given Pere's claim, I'd assumed that everyone's voting ability is similarly tailored....

@ DDD -- No, I was suggesting that you were being pedantic. The point was that there was not a case until after his claim.

Iecerint wrote:I wouldn't be overly sad to see VP Baltar go, but I'm kind of biased.

Iecerint wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Why do you think he's scum again?

His behavior after the Peregrine wagon (e.g., shift to theory-reasons to lynch claimed VT on whom there is not a very compelling case) is something that I personally only do as scum.

That, and I'm kind of hurt that he decided not to be my friend, but that's the "biased" part I was referring to.

Iecerint wrote:Well, PereV makes a certain amount of sense with Jason dead, I guess. The only other names that pop up are FT and DDD. :?

Vote: PereV

Also, I think there's a strong chance that one of the leaders is scum -- there's no other way to justify scum NKing VT when strong, unclaimed players are roving about, especially when there'd be more than one obvious, strong, gravitas player still around.

And that makes me think that PereV might be more likely to be town again...

Meh. I'll keep it simple.

Iecerint wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Who are the strong players who should have died overnight, Iec?

You or DDD would be the obvious picks -- high gravitas, pushed alternawagon.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Iecerint wrote:Also, I think there's a strong chance that one of the leaders is scum -- there's no other way to justify scum NKing VT when strong, unclaimed players are roving about, especially when there'd be more than one obvious, strong, gravitas player still around.

why do you think scum shot jason?

Occam's razor.
VP Baltar wrote:He's at L-2 right now. Iec, why are you voting him if you have such doubts he's scum?

He's not out if the question given Jason's iso, + alternawagon, + sheeping.

Iecerint wrote:One of you is likely scum regardless, unless Jason was not the scum kill.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I very much stand by what i said. None of those quotes change that.
YOUR AD HERE
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Iecerint »

If you think I am scum who said RAWR TAKE THAT VP/DDD, then that is fine. Kind of zany business IMO, but fine.

But it is simply inaccurate to argue that the well-documented past did not occur.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by Iecerint »

VP Baltar wrote:I think Iec also was trying to keep the door open yesterday so DDD and I wouldn't appear too confirmed townie, which is a really bad thing for scum when two forceful players get confirmed town.

Also, you have already alluded to these events today [as above], so that's kinda disingenuous.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Iecerint wrote:If you think I am scum who said RAWR TAKE THAT VP/DDD, then that is fine. Kind of zany business IMO, but fine.

But it is simply inaccurate to argue that the well-documented past did not occur.

It's not well documented. There is maybe one or two early quotes where you weren't already on the defensive from me and that's being generous. To imply you were tangling with me or DDD of your own volition is laughable.
YOUR AD HERE
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Human Destroyer wrote:Speaking of which, I'm going to scrutinize ThAd's catchup more, because I think I remember seeing him have me as his #1 scumpick then out of nowhere just making me iffy and throwing his vote on the popular Iec wagon.

Yeah I did have you as my number one after reading 10 pages, then after reading more pages my opinion changed. You are currently my third choice after ice and nacho.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Levi feel free to hammer bro.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

No. We are not done with this day.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, this day is not done by any means. Iec is caught scum and we are going to suss out who the third is before the day is out so it is smooth sailing to victory. Nacho is fairly unlikely to be scum too, fyi.
YOUR AD HERE
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Well for me third scum is out of nacho and hd with emp in distant third. What are your thought right now?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

Id prefer lynching HD than Iecerant. =/
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Post by Empking »

VP Baltar wrote:Yeah, this day is not done by any means. Iec is caught scum and we are going to suss out who the third is before the day is out so it is smooth sailing to victory.

Has that strategy worked out for you before?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yes many times. Scum inherently don't enjoy the day phase. It forces them to either a) continue talking and creating opportunities to draw connections between them and their buddies or b) forces them to lurk to avoid drawing connections, which in itself can be a scum indicator (hello PV).

In what ways does the town benefit by rushing a day phase?
YOUR AD HERE
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:08 am

Post by Empking »

VP Baltar wrote:Yes many times. Scum inherently don't enjoy the day phase. It forces them to either a) continue talking and creating opportunities to draw connections between them and their buddies or b) forces them to lurk to avoid drawing connections, which in itself can be a scum indicator (hello PV).

In what ways does the town benefit by rushing a day phase?

If you've chosen the lynch then unfruitful time wasting will be demotivating and make people less excited for the game. I've never seen this sort of period be fruitful, but if you say you've experienced otherwise then I believe you.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi