Newbie 1361: The Ninja Council (Game Over)

Forum rules
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:18 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Vote Count 1.11

[3] NicCage: Nachomamma8, leviathan93, FLLhawk,
[2] FLLHawk: gene1991, mrbungle,
[1] Remembrance: Pirate Mollie,
[1] Mr Bungle: David Jones,
[1] Leviathan: Remembrance,

Not Voting: NicCage,

Deadline: (expired on 2013-05-06 16:20:13)
Last edited by JasonWazza on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saved by my own stupidity \o/
Sometimes a Psychopath with a notebook wins.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:35 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 374, NicCage wrote:Mr. bungles, Right now FLLhawk is scummier and Levi is a mystery. Why do you want to push FLLhawk and not nacho?
because fllhawk is mafia and nacho probably isn't

i don't think levi is a mystery. what do you think of his latest reads post?
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:43 am

Post by NicCage »

I think it isn't explained well enough and I still don't see any specific town motivation or scumhunting. Nacho probably isn't based on his not responding to pressure?
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:52 am

Post by mrbungle »

i think levi's town. i think a few of the things in his last reads post are things only a townie would think to say. specifically this:

"Pirate Mollie has lowered in my town rating only because I have so many other more solid town reads and that pushed my confidence level of reading her down to null just in case she actually IS scum and I don't see it."

It shows that he clearly has a well developed mental image of all his reads and that they are clearly affecting each other in subtle ways. i wouldn't expect scum to fabricate this kind of stuff

and yes about nacho. he;s also prob not scum because i have stronger scum reads on other people. right now he's in my category of people that I need to focus on if my my main scumreads start flipping town
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:56 am

Post by mrbungle »

david jones is also in that category
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:08 am

Post by mrbungle »

annnnd i've got to go to a lecture.

lynch hawk+nick gogogo

the people in the game that I either have a scumread on, or at least don't have a confident town read on are hawk, nic, nacho, and remembrance.

i include remembrance because it's been nowhere near long enough for me to feel confident that I can read him
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:37 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 353, Remembrance wrote:God I feel bad Mollie. :(

I should probably not have joined this game. I didn't see your name when I replaced in. Should have looked harder. Do you want me to replace out? I really don't want to make both games I'm in with you unenjoyable for you. I'm completely into Gonzo, so I can't replace out there. But I can probably replace out of here.

Just say the word, and I'll give my final reads and vamoose.
it isn't you, it is me rememory. I can't even be mean to you cos you are a nice guy but for some reason you irritate me in a massive way. I am not going to lie, I nearly replaced out when I saw that you were replacing in but I feel better knowing that you were not stalkerish about it and you genuinely did not know that I was in the game. maybe it is cos we have radically different approaches that don't seem to work together. I dunno, I am open to trying to work things out.

anyways back to the game
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:58 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 352, mrbungle wrote:
no it's not about wanting to join more games. it's about being used to seeing a flip at most every 2 days, and being used to a game being over within 2 weeks. and now i'm faced with not knowing the outcome of the game for maybe a couple months from now. imagine if you signed up for a game with year long d1s.

anyways this is sorta off topic, so whatever. i promise i wont hammer. besides... I want to kill fllhawk first
trust me, I understand where you are coming from. I am used to 24 and 12 hour day rounds, 3 weeks is fucking painful. if you saw wiki, I blew 2 lylos and I think a lot of it had to do with length of day and night rounds cos I am usually in several games at a time. the solution for me is to keep spreadsheets so that I don't forget vital information. for example: I was in a game with nacho recently where the day rounds lasted 3 weeks and I thought I was going to lose my mind. well I started a wagon and he got quicklynched cos I had forgotten that he was cleared after another player's flip a month prior. so you might want to start keeping spreadsheets or notes or something so that it doesn't happen to you, cos the long format is hard to get used to. I suggest you try micros. day rounds have a 2 week time limit and the pace is usually a lot faster.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:02 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 376, mrbungle wrote:
In post 374, NicCage wrote:Mr. bungles, Right now FLLhawk is scummier and Levi is a mystery. Why do you want to push FLLhawk and not nacho?
because fllhawk is mafia and nacho probably isn't

i don't think levi is a mystery. what do you think of his latest reads post?
why do you say that nacho probably isn't?
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:08 am

Post by pirate mollie »

UNVOTE: rememory
whew!
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:23 am

Post by mrbungle »

idk i'm just all flavors of wishy washy null on nacho. i feel like lynching nacho would just be a coinflip
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:15 am

Post by leviathan93 »

@ NicCage.

Well, it wasn't until 167 that I feel you had any useful information to add. this was post 9 for you. the rest had nothing really of any substance and were almost just fluff making it look like you were trying to be helpful. In that post you even go on saying you aren't going to be useful. If you aren't going to be useful replacing out is probably your best bet.

I may not be here all the time but I try to be as useful as I can whenever I'm on. I give my reads. If they aren't accepted, I don't have much that I can do to make that better other than continuing to keep trying whenever I have the chance.

therefore 167 was a hit. and before it were misses. 172 is a hit as well. It tells us of your reads and you give information and some reasoning it behind it.

176, asking borno to explain and clarify. This is a hit as well. may not be the BEST way of scumhunting but at least its doing something where other people aren't doing anything.

My biggest thing that I think you are scummy is the fact that you started off with many "misses" and then suddenly had a ton of "hits" my question is probably "what changed in your thinking" and if that change is possibly scummy. you ask many many questions. you are continuously active to a point and I wonder how good at scum you may or may not be since I have never had a game with you.

normally I run off meta of people I have played with, so now in this game I'm wondering how much I should trust my own experience in picking out scum since it is a newbie game.

And your other question. Yes, I do believe in Remembrance's words about gene and bungles's towniness because it exactly follows what I already thought. Its good to have support.

and I do think nacho is scumhunting. I think I have seen better from him though, but i honestly don't remember.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:06 am

Post by Remembrance »

UNVOTE:

Thinking. Need more from David.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by mrbungle »

first.....nic is at L-2 correct?

i've been reading through his previous games. apparently he doesn't have any scum games to read through?

anyways, the first thing that jumped out at me is that his tone in this game seems
off
compared to that of his town games. in his town games he comes across as more assertive, and he shows much more personality in his writing style. For most of the game, before I read through his town games I'd already decided that his tone in this game was passive, perhaps overly constructed, timid, etc. Now that I've read his town games his meek style REALLY sticks out in this game.

Spoiler: this game
"I think I see where you are coming from, though I disagree with you."

"Although you answered mrbungle, I still don't understand what you meant."

"Your statement just sounded odd, It seemed like you were implying that you thought we were scummy because we were more experienced"

....and more. you can read it for yourself.

It's all so..... passive..... unemotional..... reserved..... peaceable. The only time I can sense any hint of emotion from him was in post 265, and that's because he was reacting to almost getting lynched.

Spoiler: town games
"It's interesting that you would make-up a case against me using false information.

What's more interesting is that zabriel would go along with it."

"Can someone just lynch him."

"I REQUEST MORE POSTS"

"Oh yeah, Godfather, when I asked for your completed games I wanted a link to it. That way I can read it and get an idea if this is the way you played in that game. If the answer is no, please say it straight."

"Lol nice. That's some damning shit right there.

Almost accidentally hammered there. So, what do you guys think about me hammering?"

You see how when he accuses someone in his town games, it looks something close to a real interrogation? And in this game, he's being all passive with his questioning? There's no bite to his bark.

Anyone who's played with nic, any comments on my characterizations of his play?
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by gene1991 »

@ MrBungle.
You're brilliant. And I also can't believe you have the time to go read his other plays. But, it seems it have been worth the effort. Assuming those are real quotes, that is a most convincing argument.

What is L-2 mean?

Also, what does VC mean?
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by Remembrance »

VC = Vote count. My first game as scum, I was very passive as well. I used foul language to make up for it. The case is good, IMO. It's something new scum do.

David can be prodded soon.
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by Remembrance »

L-2 means two to lynch, or "Two more votes to lynch"
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by mrbungle »

L-X where X=number of votes away from being lynched.

and you should go read through the games yourself. I assure you those quotes are real..... there's no sense in lying about that if I'm scum because it's easily checkable. (in case you dont know how... you just gotta go to his profile and click the 'search for posted in threads' or something like that.)

I'm not that confident about making meta cases on people I've never played with so that's why I'm asking for peoples' opinions on it. Meta cases are liike.... the easiest things to fuck up especially when you're not running off personal experience. So if you haven't played with town nic.... dont just read the quotes i chose. Go through his games yourself. If you HAVE played with town nic then I would like your opinion on this game's nic.
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by gene1991 »

So when we're at L-1, it only takes one more to lynch. and what if someone votes then. Does the lynch instantly happen? Or do we wait until Jason checks in and sees it? which would mean the lynch doesn't happen instantly and gives more time for someone to change their vote.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by mrbungle »

i'm gonna go ahead and

UNVOTE: hawk
VOTE: nic

i think that's L-1 now. i hope that's not the hammer LOL

and yeah where the f is david
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by mrbungle »

In post 393, gene1991 wrote:So when we're at L-1, it only takes one more to lynch. and what if someone votes then. Does the lynch instantly happen? Or do we wait until Jason checks in and sees it? which would mean the lynch doesn't happen instantly and gives more time for someone to change their vote.
it'll happen as soon as the mod sees it. you cant change votes once someone is lynched. what i'm used to is a rule that goes something like "once a majority has been reached all players must stop posting until further notice." idk if that's what's done around here though
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I have not, and I see no reason for you to fake them given you're very likely town. It depends very much on the player, how well meta works. Even without the meta, passivity and an ardent politeness are a sign of newbie scum. But it can also just be a character trait. The meta shows he is more assertive as town, and that is why it is a good case. It shows a discrepancy in his behavior, relating to confidence. However, it seems neigh idiotic for him to have drawn attention to himself by voting himself out the gate.

Pedit (Preview edit): When a person at L-1 gets voted, Jason comes around and he will announce what the person flipped. The time during the mod write up of the kill is called "Twilight" and players can talk during it.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by mrbungle »

lol.... do you really think I'd fake those even if I'm scum? you can always just go check it yourself to prove me right/wrong
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I had a scum buddy, who linked me to a game (I was "questioning her play" in a false interview) where she linked me to a game in which she played entirely differently than how she was playing in that game and basically told me, that she is playing exactly like that, that game. I...Didn't know how to respond to it, so I just ignored it and told her to do better. :( So, it happens.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by mrbungle »

>>However, it seems neigh idiotic for him to have drawn attention to himself by voting himself out the gate.

That is what I initially thought. But there's this post:
In post 29, NicCage wrote: I don't see what's wrong with my self-vote, it couldn't indicate anything about my alignment or how it puts me under any scrutiny.
So... idk. Maybe he just didn't think it would be that big a deal. And in truth, it wasn't. The self vote made me read him as town for a decent amount of the opening phase of the game. But there's not really anything else in his filter that makes me think he's town. Yeah it was a little too "out there" for typical scum play but the rest of his filter is the opposite.