Newbie 1361: The Ninja Council (Game Over)

Forum rules
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 am

Post by gene1991 »

OMG. This is quite possibly the most exciting mafia game I've ever played. I think it's because it lasts so long that I'm just dying of suspense to know who died and what their role was. When I play mafia in person, the suspense lasts for only a few seconds.

And I totally agree with Bungle, for all the reasons I, and others, stated yesterday about nacho. So...

VOTE: Nacho

@Bungle, your chart idea is brilliant. I like charts, I'm organised like that. Have you used this chart idea before? and it works? I might make my own then. For me, Nacho is who I most strongly suspect is mafia, then David or FLLhawk. Everyone else is very town in my mind, except Levi. I think levi is probably town, but I'm not 100% confident. So I'm curious how you are confident enough to cross him off?
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:38 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 425, gene1991 wrote: @Bungle, your chart idea is brilliant. I like charts, I'm organised like that. Have you used this chart idea before? and it works? I might make my own then. For me, Nacho is who I most strongly suspect is mafia, then David or FLLhawk. Everyone else is very town in my mind, except Levi. I think levi is probably town, but I'm not 100% confident. So I'm curious how you are confident enough to cross him off?
no i haven't used it before. it's actually not any different than the normal way you form reads except you get a visual representation of them. i made quite a few of them where I made different assumptions about what's going on... the one I posted is just the one that I'm most confident about.

here's how confident I am about my reads, from most confident to least:

town reads: (gene + pirate,) then levi, and then david.

scum reads: probably equally confident about both fllhawk and nacho but nacho is a tiny bit ahead of hawk. If nic had flipped town, then I might have been able to say to myself "ok, nacho is town but he's just not interested in this game or doesn't have time to play." but now with nic's flip there nothing townie about nacho's filter. i said earlier that he is mod-confirmed experienced.... so he can't get away with asking random questions all game and then having his "scumread" flip town. i'm gonna need to see some mighty impressive and convincing play from him to get me to not want to lynch him this cycle.

to answer your question specifically, no i'm not 100% confident about levi. i just find it more likely that several other people are scum (nacho + hawk + maybe david?) My chart isn't meant to be a declaration of the only possible solutions... it';s just to show my thought process behind my current reads.

As to why I find levi town...... His posting seems pretty carefree, or just "off the top of his head" or whatever. I don't get the sense that his posts are constructed, fabricated, etc. There are also some things he's said that I think are towny. See post 378 where I mention one of them. Another is post 136.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:27 am

Post by leviathan93 »

First of all.

gene no quick hammers. claim is always needed. he could have been something important and I don't like coming back to the thread and finding it locked because I usually assume that mistakes have been made at that time.

Second of all, love the chart bungle. It's awesome. however, my note on that is the fact you can't rule out scum couples. people will totally surprise you in this game. I have been surprised many times.

Thirdly now that davidjones is going to be active I would like his thoughts on how the game has gone.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am

Post by leviathan93 »

Also can someone probably bungle or Gene give me a run down on WHY nacho is the most likely to be scum. I'm really not seeing it.

from what I can tell this is his normal play which is why I have him still at null. I guess what i'm saying is convince me.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:41 am

Post by mrbungle »

did he look like he cared about the d1 lynch? did he ever share reads? did he ever come to conclusions with his endless questions?
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:50 am

Post by NicCage »

Mod: Post Removed
Last edited by JasonWazza on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 429, mrbungle wrote:did he look like he cared about the d1 lynch? did he ever share reads? did he ever come to conclusions with his endless questions?
wow. i'm actually kind of convinced.

nacho, your response?
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by mrbungle »

were you not aware of those things until now?
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by gene1991 »

In post 427, leviathan93 wrote:First of all.

gene no quick hammers. claim is always needed. he could have been something important and I don't like coming back to the thread and finding it locked because I usually assume that mistakes have been made at that time. .
Sorry about that. Turns out I was listening to a drunk mrbungle, lol.
But I thought about that, and I didn't think someone about to be lynched and claiming a power role would make a difference. Because if we were about to lynch maf, and maf claimed doctor, how does that get us anywhere if they could be lying? Is the real doctor then suppose to out themselves? that sounds like a bad idea.
I just thought that if we all thought someone was maf strongly enough, then we would still think so even if they claimed a power role.
Also, it wasn't exactly a quick hammer because we nearly lynched him like 3 times already. I kind of read that as people were afraid to be the one to actually pull the plug. maybe in case of being wrong, or seeming like maf, idk. So I did it.

But I don't think you don't have to worry about me doing it again, since I'm already voting for my strongest suspect by far.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

@Bungle

I was aware that he neglected to give reads, but didn't think much of it on its own.

as for the questions, I felt that if he was in the thread longer it would lead someplace but he has been like me and in and out of the game so it was kind of hard to tell for me.

and I honestly don't know what to think about for "not caring about the day 1 lynch" I get that its scummy from the "not caring" part, but I would like you to elaborate on that please.

@gene

its all good. and that is just the thinking that needs to be debated as a whole.

if Nic WAS mafia and he claimed doctor would you automatically think he was lying and lynch him with the inherent risk of losing the doctor? I wouldn't. I never risk something like that. It may make me a pussy but I'd rather keep scum alive than risk killing a doctor or a cop or other power role. glad you thought it through though. it depends on the person and the situation if the "true" power role will out themselves. It gives scum and auto kill unless the "true doctor" can protect them and also forces the town to decide WHO is the actual true role which I have seen gone badly many times.

however even if he had claimed vanilla town would you believe him or just lynch him? most people probably would lynch at that point, but from my experience the people claiming vanilla are most likely true vanilla. unless they are scum willing to take the gamble. scum usually choose to fake a power role. most likely doctor because then they can lie and say they "protected" someone. cops are harder to pull off because you have to say who you investigated and what they were and its easy to fumble on that one.

people are kind of afraid to pull the plug. I personally love pulling the plug. always have. usually it makes a person seem scummy so always be careful of that. In this case I think its fine because I really think you are obvi beginner town at this point.

what I meant by quickhammer was a hammer without a claim.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by mrbungle »

In post 434, leviathan93 wrote:
and I honestly don't know what to think about for "not caring about the day 1 lynch" I get that its scummy from the "not caring" part, but I would like you to elaborate on that please.
look at nacho's filter... nowhere does he say anything about why he's voting for nic. it may have well have been a continuation of rvs for all we know. he does ask nic a couple of questions but he did the same for other people.

i'm not sure what you want me to elaborate on. scum dont particularly care about who gets lynched as long as it's not them. nacho wasn't in the thread trying to understand/change people's reads, or trying to convince people to vote nic, or tryin to convince them not to not vote nic. that's what i mean when i said it didn't look like he cared about the lynch. the nic vote was just a placeholder vote. when someone shows no investment in pushing their main scumread and is content to cast a lazy vote, and that scumread flips town, that's a good sign that the first person is maf

also can someone tell me, nacho = he/she?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Don't have time today, will post tomorrow.

Initial thoughts are actually working with a DJ/Leviathan scumteam.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by mrbungle »

In post 436, Nachomamma8 wrote:Don't have time today, will post tomorrow.

Initial thoughts are actually working with a DJ/Leviathan scumteam.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 433, gene1991 wrote:Sorry about that. Turns out I was listening to a drunk mrbungle, lol. But I thought about that, and I didn't think someone about to be lynched and claiming a power role would make a difference.
huh. cos mr bungle only said that he was drunk after you already hammered. so where did you have time to think about him leading you into lynching a possible power role while he was drunk. <---- like, you didn't know about it so how could you have thought about it
Because if we were about to lynch maf, and maf claimed doctor, how does that get us anywhere if they could be lying? Is the real doctor then suppose to out themselves? that sounds like a bad idea.
I just thought that if we all thought someone was maf strongly enough, then we would still think so even if they claimed a power role.
Also, it wasn't exactly a quick hammer because we nearly lynched him like 3 times already. I kind of read that as people were afraid to be the one to actually pull the plug. maybe in case of being wrong, or seeming like maf, idk. So I did it.

But I don't think you don't have to worry about me doing it again, since I'm already voting for my strongest suspect by far.
yeah why are you voting nacho again?

and why is bunglebonehead in your town pile?

god we are lynching gene or bunglebonehead today
whew!
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by mrbungle »

In post 438, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 433, gene1991 wrote:Sorry about that. Turns out I was listening to a drunk mrbungle, lol. But I thought about that, and I didn't think someone about to be lynched and claiming a power role would make a difference.
huh. cos mr bungle only said that he was drunk after you already hammered. so where did you have time to think about him leading you into lynching a possible power role while he was drunk. <---- like, you didn't know about it so how could you have thought about it
This:
In post 433, gene1991 wrote:Sorry about that. Turns out I was listening to a drunk mrbungle, lol.
But I thought about that, and I didn't think someone about to be lynched and claiming a power role would make a difference.
did it.
is an answer to this:

gene no quick hammers. claim is always needed. he could have been something important and I don't like coming back to the thread and finding it locked because I usually assume that mistakes have been made at that time.
please read before posting, mmk?

Also if your two strongest scumreads are myself and gene you need to dunk your head in some ice water
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 439, mrbungle wrote:
This:
In post 433, gene1991 wrote:Sorry about that. Turns out I was listening to a drunk mrbungle, lol.
But I thought about that, and I didn't think someone about to be lynched and claiming a power role would make a difference.
did it.
is an answer to this:

Also if your two strongest scumreads are myself and gene you need to dunk your head in some ice water
lol

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN POSTING HERE?

did you mess up the quote tags or something?
whew!
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by mrbungle »

did u read?

are you huffing and puffing to cover up how horribly you misrepresented what gene was saying? you're digging into him about some discrepency that you've hallucinated while on your "i hate mrgungle" trip.

you said he couldn't have know i was drunk therefore he shoudl have been able to say whatever he said blah blah blah blah. but the part you bolded wasn't even in relation to my drunkedness. the bolded part (that you bolded) was gene's response to something levi said about waiting for claims

so once again how bout your read the thread?

i should take it as a compliment that you've become so infatuated with me... but when it gets to the point that you have a scum read on the most obvious townie in the thread simply because he agrees with me.... that's just ridiculous

ANNOUNCEMENT: from this point on i will no longer be reading pirate's posts. i am very sure about her being town but each time i read her posts i feel like i've regressed back into my childhood where arguments are won by whoever is loudest and most annoying
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 441, mrbungle wrote:did u read?

are you huffing and puffing to cover up how horribly you misrepresented what gene was saying? you're digging into him about some discrepency that you've hallucinated while on your "i hate mrgungle" trip.
where is the misrep. I mean if it is just *so obvious* you won't have a hard time pointing it out.
you said he couldn't have know i was drunk therefore he shoudl have been able to say whatever he said blah blah blah blah. but the part you bolded wasn't even in relation to my drunkedness. the bolded part (that you bolded) was gene's response to something levi said about waiting for claims

i should take it as a compliment that you've become so infatuated with me... but when it gets to the point that you have a scum read on the most obvious townie in the thread simply because he agrees with me.... that's just ridiculous

ANNOUNCEMENT: from this point on i will no longer be reading pirate's posts. i am very sure about her being town but each time i read her posts i feel like i've regressed back into my childhood where arguments are won by whoever is loudest and most annoying
so where did I bold it?

cos all I see is where you bolded it and I responded
whew!
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 439, mrbungle wrote:
This:
did it.
is an answer to this:

what the fuck are you smoking and where can I get some? I said both of you are my strongest TOWN reads not scum reads. =/ look who needs to read.

and I did read before posting. if you're saying I didn't because I talked about gene quick hammering when it was already said, I wanted to make it clear for him in FUTURE games and also because I was going to post something before it got locked up. that frustrates me to no end.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Post by mrbungle »

i was talking to mollie lol
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

@bungle. my bad. didn't understand the context of that post. it wasn't directed at me.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

on a side note: Hey Nacho Buddy! What evidence do you have for the fact? I'm really curious to hear about it when you return. =)
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Post by mrbungle »

i quoted your (levi) post to show her (mollie) how terribly she had taken gene's post out of context

you made that statement about not quick hammering. gene responded to that. mollie took gene's response to your post and misquoted it here:
so i quoted your post to show her how she was misrepresenting what gene was talking about. currently she's so sure about me being mafia that she thinks she doesn't need to read the thread.... which (not reading) ironically is the root of all her woes

BUT THIS CONVO IS SO FUCKING STUPID CUZ WE ARE ALL TOWN

....which is why i'll no longer be reading her stuff.... so pointless
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by mrbungle »

levi who do you think is maf? you haven't said yet beyond agreeing that it might be nacho
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 441, mrbungle wrote:did u read?

[img]tr%20hug%20-%20%20http://talkrational.org/images/smilies/hug.rofl[/img]

omg

I think I love you

such irony

yeah when you get back to talking about your obvious misstep then we will talk! unless you want to scrap before then, I am always ready
whew!