Newbie 1361: The Ninja Council (Game Over)

Forum rules
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Vote Count 2.1

[2] Nachomamma8: mrbungle, gene1991,
[1] mrbungle: BlazeJP,

Not Voting: David Jones, Nachomamma8, leviathan93, Chkflip,

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-05-15 13:11:28)
Saved by my own stupidity \o/
Sometimes a Psychopath with a notebook wins.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm gonna be back later today i lost everything
don't you fucking hammer me
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:25 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 472, BlazeJP wrote:
Why should I blindly believe those quotes, especially since it turns out Nic was town? It was either awful town play on mrbungle's behalf or a scum ploy that worked.
Sooo...... you really think I made up those quotes? Did you bother to look through nic's other games yourself to see whether I did or not? Because they are all in there. Don't accuse me of being a fucking liar when the evidence to the contrary is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE and you're just too lazy to look it up.

do you have any other scumreads?
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:31 am

Post by mrbungle »

jesus i thought the replacement would be a breath of fresh air.

but now he's gone and accused me of making up quotes when all he has to do his look through nic profile himself to see if they're real or not! (this is just pathetic that I get accused of shit simply because people are too fucking lazy to open a profile and read through a few of nic's town games)

UNVOTE:
VOTE: mrbungle

please just fucking hammer me and then lynch nacho and hawk's replacement. i can't cope with such lazy pathetic play
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:34 am

Post by mrbungle »

blaze you really think i'm mafia? you realize I've put more effort into this game than everyone else combined? that I have more than a 1/4th of the total posts in the thread?

don't just say i'm mafia because pirate was saying so. that is LAZY. your accusations of me making up quotes was LAZY

dude you're making me sad
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:48 am

Post by mrbungle »

here you go blaze. i did your fucking work for you

newbie1323

newbie1334

i think everyting I quote is from there. just use ctrl f and search for yourself
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:54 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 476, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm gonna be back later today i lost everything
don't you fucking hammer me
yeah what a bunch of bs

you "lost everything?" what is that supposed to mean? you saying you've got some amazing cases that just got deleted or something?

yet you can't even give the slightest reasoning for your david and levi scumreads? last post you pulled this crap too. you just said something like "i think david+levi are maf" without bothering to give the slightest reason why
BlazeJP
BlazeJP
Townie
BlazeJP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:10 am

Post by BlazeJP »

You've got some anger issues bab, I'd get those seen to before you hurt any small animals.
In post 479, mrbungle wrote:blaze you really think i'm mafia? you realize I've put more effort into this game than everyone else combined? that I have more than a 1/4th of the total posts in the thread?
I don't see a correlation between how much somebody types or posts and their affiliation. What counts is the quality and content.

Yours is awful. Muddled, confusing, going off in seemingly every direction. It comes across as somebody desperately trying to create enough doubt in other places to use a shield to protect themselves.

I didn't accuse you of lying bab, I said why should I blindly accept those quotes; context, time, subject etc would all have an effect on posting style. As a base argument and point it was weak and as it turned out completely wrong. So, so horribly wrong. About as wrong as wrong can be. But fair play to you, I think that was your intention.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 469, David Jones wrote:
1.Can you summarize why I'm your main scumread?
every thing you have been doing was scummy to me .... i dont know if i'm seeing thing differently or anything this is it

-your rapid finger pointing and moving from one lynch to another and asking others to lynch your scum reads ....this is like fake scumhunting ....you were posting like crazy in a 20 day game to get someone/anyone lynched ...it was like posing as scum hunting but creating more confusion then try to lynch anyone so the number goes down by 1
here is a link to my filter from one of my town games on a different wesbite. you'll see that my posting style is much the same as it is here. you say that I'm "posting like crazy." This is because I am very motivated! I care a lot about the game! I think you're being turned off by my aggression. On that site I just linked you, I am about as aggressive as the average player. It's not me "causing confusion," it's just how I play town. I'll link you more of my games from that site if you aren't satisifed that this is in fact my town play.
In post 469, David Jones wrote: -your absolute declaration of gene as townie in Day1 ....i've played some mafia games before joining here and one thing i learned for sure is in this game you are guilty until proven innocent ....never have i seen someone say they completely trust others in Day1 ...even cops dont do that in a Night start game...
was gene showing town like tells - yes of course ....at that time i would say 70% town i wouldn't go and say "gene is obviously town" ... when you almost declared gene as town for me it seemed like you were trying to warm up gene earn his trust ....forming a little town group among urselves
You're suspicious of me for how quickly I gave gene such a strong read. Remember that I am used to playing in 48-hr day formats. That means when I'm in a game I'm constantly reading the thread. I re-read things at least every few hours. I'm used to having to form reads very quickly, within the first 48 hours of a game. I've also watched a lot of newbie games. I've hosted a few of them and I've even coached one. I have A LOT of experience seeing how new players think. This is how I was able to so confidently read gene as town that early on. Experience with newbs + being used to forming reads with the first couple days
In post 469, David Jones wrote: -your lynch on nic as i explained before you tried to nail him twice .....getting to L-1 for absolutely no good reason ...nic was a bit suspicious but definitely not enough to get him to L-1 ...atleast his self vote should have cleared him partially ....as i've said previous post mafia rarely if not never self vote ...it puts them in the spot light and get them a lot of attention .....normally a mafia doesn't want that ....i could go as far as to say 8 out of 10 times a self voter will end up town ,.....but knowing all this as you are experienced you lynched him for inactivity(which is not a solid scum tell) ...nic was a bit suspicious but not enough to lynch him or anything
yeah there's not much I can say about this. i messed up the D1 lynch because I was too eager to see a flip. i'm not used to waiting forever and the slow pace of this game really frustrates me.
In post 469, David Jones wrote: -now you are again trying to target someone who is inactive and lynch them before even hearing their response ...
We need 4 votes to lynch scum. I know that gene is willing to work with me and I think levi is too and I think they're both town. I have no idea if mollie is actually replacing or how her replacement will play, so I NEED to find a way to get you to cooperate with me.
^ this you are practically trying to manipulate me into lynching/hammering naccho even before he comes online and defends himself
i translate the above sentence like this "i've voted for nacho, gene will vote whoever i vote , i think i can convince levi , i dont care about mollie for now ....so if you vote for nacho we can successfully kill him this day"
and thats the way i see it
how long do we get to let nacho live and just keep bullshitting us? he's posted twice since D2 started, and both posts were along the lines of "i'll bbl." he has nothing to say because he is mafia. also, you're assertion that I'm scummy for pushing an early nacho lynch only holds water if nacho flips town. so it's unfair of you to make accusations like that until AFTER you see nacho's flip. I take responsibility for the D1 mislynch. I will take responsibility if nacho flips town. Honestly if nacho flips town then I probably deserve to lose this game. But don't accuse me of being scummy for wanting to flip nacho when we don't even know nacho's alignment.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:25 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 482, BlazeJP wrote:You've got some anger issues bab, I'd get those seen to before you hurt any small animals.
In post 479, mrbungle wrote:blaze you really think i'm mafia? you realize I've put more effort into this game than everyone else combined? that I have more than a 1/4th of the total posts in the thread?
I don't see a correlation between how much somebody types or posts and their affiliation. What counts is the quality and content.

Yours is awful. Muddled, confusing, going off in seemingly every direction. It comes across as somebody desperately trying to create enough doubt in other places to use a shield to protect themselves.

I didn't accuse you of lying bab, I said why should I blindly accept those quotes; context, time, subject etc would all have an effect on posting style. As a base argument and point it was weak and as it turned out completely wrong. So, so horribly wrong. About as wrong as wrong can be. But fair play to you, I think that was your intention.
Hmmm. Pirate has said similar things and so has david jones. You guys are mistaking my aggression and motivation for scum play. Perhaps you haven't read the thread yet so I'll explain where I'm coming from yet again. I come from a place where we have 48 hour D1 deadlines. That's 48 hours to chose the first lynch! People over there have to post a lot, and they have to be aggressive in order to get things done. It's just my playstyle. Read my recent response to davy for more on this subject.

Who else do you think is mafia? You've barely shared any reads so far.
BlazeJP
BlazeJP
Townie
BlazeJP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:02 am

Post by BlazeJP »

Again, asking questions that don't need to be asked, creating more talk, more possible confusion and a chance at deflecting attention. I already covered that, apart from you as scum and David and Gene as possible town I haven't got strong reads of anyone and until I get used to the format I doubt I will.

I get the difference between play styles but if you are town that's probably why I think you're not, seem too aggressive and needing to be believed. Got days and days left before the next lynch, what we think now isn't that important, it's just building blocks for the next few days.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:22 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 485, BlazeJP wrote:
Again, asking questions that don't need to be asked, creating more talk, more possible confusion and a chance at deflecting attention. I already covered that, apart from you as scum and David and Gene as possible town I haven't got strong reads of anyone and until I get used to the format I doubt I will.

I get the difference between play styles but if you are town that's probably why I think you're not, seem too aggressive and needing to be believed.
Got days and days left before the next lynch, what we think now isn't that important,
it's just building blocks for the next few days.
This is where I completely disagree with you.

Here's the problem. for the sake of this argument, assume that I'm town. That means when I see that your only scumread is me, that means that I know for a fact that you do not have any correct scumreads. So I am trying to get more out of you. You say "what we think now isn't important." Really? If we're all just supposed to screw around until some random other time when things suddenly "become important," then we will have nothing to talk about when that time comes. There is no drawback to discussing things right now. You say that right now is "just building blocks for the next few days." If we don't play seriously right now, then those "buliding blocks" will be worthless because we weren't taking the game seriously.

Also, there are two scum left. So even if you think I'm mafia you should be able to find someone else you think is mafia.

I'm not arguing with you because I'm worried about your alignment or anything. You, apart from gene are my strongest townread in the game because of all the things I've said about pirate mollie. That means I when I read your posts, I'm taking them seriously and completely trusting that what you're saying is coming from a town standpoint. So when I see that your only scumread is me, I HAVE to argue with you. I am town. I am almost certain that you/mollie are town. That is why I care so strongly about your reads.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:27 am

Post by mrbungle »

bah

UNVOTE:
VOTE: nacho

it really couldn't be more obvious. nacho has yet to give 1 read thus far, and is full of empty promises to share reads
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:32 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 482, BlazeJP wrote: I didn't accuse you of lying bab, I said why should I blindly accept those quotes; context, time, subject etc would all have an effect on posting style. As a base argument and point it was weak and as it turned out completely wrong. So, so horribly wrong. About as wrong as wrong can be. But fair play to you, I think that was your intention.
i also want to point out how easy it is for you to, in hindsight, call that case "horribly wrong." go back and look at the page where it happened. remy, who flipped town strongly agreed with the case. gene, who might be the most obvious town read in this game agreed with the case. so don't act as if it wasn't completely without merit because both a CONFIRMED town and gene both agreed with it.
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:50 am

Post by gene1991 »

@ BlazeJP, I think Bungle stands out as having a different play style than everyone else here in this game because no one else is posting as much as him. And remember that the less we talk is the better it is for maf. So it's actually the fact that bungle is posting so fucking much that I feel assured he is town. He may be pushing lynches too, because it's because he as really, really sound arguments and feels excited about them. Like here: post 435 And I mean his chart thing, such a town POV.
Do you really think that maf would draw attention to themselves as much as he does? He's not paranoid at all about his actions/words seeming like maf. And I know it's not the case that he's such a good maf player than he's purposely drawing attention to himself so we think maf wouldn't possibly do that, because his arguments are so sound. If he was maf, he wouldn't be able to talk from such a town POV. He could try, and it might be convincing, but I just don't think it could be as blatantly convincing as it is here.
You're making a mistake wanting to lynch him.
Don't forget that he's mostly the reason people are talking so much (again why he's town). He kind of interrogates people. So although we do have days and days until we need to lynch, we're not going to be any better off if no one is talking, and so far the ones who are talking the most and the ones most people think are town.
In post 485, BlazeJP wrote: I get the difference between play styles but if you are town that's probably why I think you're not,
seem too aggressive and needing to be believed
. Got days and days left before the next lynch, what we think now isn't that important, it's just building blocks for the next few days.
That's kind of proof he's town. Maf just would not come off that way. Maybe I shouldn't say this out loud, but he kind of comes off as a cop who has a guilty report on nacho than as a maf who is desperate to lynch anyone at all.

Also, this is more of a gut feeling / opinion, but I think it takes more effort to be maf. I mean, as town, I can just sit down and type the first thoughts that came to mind. Whereas maf, can't say the first thing that comes to mind. they need a lot more time to bullshit, to make up arguments, to double check how they are "coming off." And so, in my mind, it goes to show that those players in this game who are more busy and who are maf have even less time to make responses. Levi, David, hawk, and Nacho don't post much. But Levi comes off as least maf in my mind, because despite his less frequency in posting, his posts seem honest and like town for the most part. Whereas Nacho, who is perhaps equally too busy post, can't post anything worthwhile. I think this is because, for the same amount of time it takes Levi to post his thoughts, Nacho can't so he needs a LOT more time to fake it. And I think he's dug himself a little too deep by not getting off to a good start, and now it requires even more effort to dig himself out, and I think he perhaps doesn't have the time or energy for that.
Now, I know this is assuming too much, it's assuming the Levi and Nacho have the same personality and the same amount of spare time. So it's just a hunch at this point.
But it's also partially why I think that, to a degree, activity can be linked to alignment. It's never the ONLY factor we use. But our arguments in the game of Mafia are basically combining factors, and then going off the probability of that factor combination.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:48 am

Post by chkflip »

With deadline forever away, you'll have to afford me a couple days to catch up with things.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by mrbungle »

In post 490, chkflip wrote:With deadline forever away, you'll have to afford me a couple days to catch up with things.
lol what a buzzkill. thread is dead atm

pirate's replacement was able to jump in and start playing, why can't you? if you really intend on keeping us in the dark for so long then you best come back with something substantial
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by gene1991 »

I need someone to stop me from hitting refresh to this page every 20 minutes. I got all excited with the new day, but apparently everyone else isn't.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

Ok. to answer david's question,

the reason I posted you as most scummy at the moment was because you hadn't had much to post since day 1 but even then for the last half of it you kind of zoned out or didn't post. scum tend to do that when they feel like things are going well for a lynch not on themselves.

as for now you kind of made up for your absence with the frequency of posting that you did on page 19. therefore I believe I have switched you and hawk and now see hawk as more scummy than you are. you are still in third because your frequency of posting can be a cover up for being actually scum but making it look like you are trying to protect yourself by focusing hard in the game. Its still a possibility for me.

Hawk now hasn't had much to say so he is my first scum suspect. Nacho is still second. if he gets replaced I want to see how his replacement acts before I decide if I want him lynched. Its always good evidence to see how replaced players play into their role and compare the two.

as for why I think bungle is town. I mostly think its obvious but then again thats my gut talking same with gene. only I have a stronger gut town read for gene too newbie to scum I believe. its almost like playing dumb and I really don't see scum doing that. no gene you are not being dumb it just has that newbie air to you that has innocence and naivete.

VOTE: hawk
Since hawk hasn't really come back. pressure for hawk.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by mrbungle »

there's not really anything to talk about. for me, the only 2 people that I really think are scum aren't playing. all i can really do right now is argue with david or someone about my alignment and that gets boring pretty quickly

only 2 real topics have been brought up so far in D2 and that's my alignment, and nacho's alignment. nacho ain't here sooooooo...... not much to do. the longer nacho goes without posting the less confident i am that he's even going to try and escape the lynch. if this drags on for 2 weeks that will be agony lol

i guess i'd like it if levi/david/blaze posted more but bleh.... i think they're town so i'm not very interested in those conversations

i miss 48 hour days lol. there's almost always a new post to read
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

never mind. chkflip replaced hawk. ill read up on chkflip now.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

theres nothing to read up on. still leaving my vote where it is until I get evidence to the otherwise.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: chkflip
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by mrbungle »

lol
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

bungle DOES post alot. I usually see that as town, but technically eager scum can do it too. I don't believe thats the case in this instance though.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

bungle you need to calm down for like 5 seconds
i'm here. everything is okay.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.