Newbie 1361: The Ninja Council (Game Over)

Forum rules
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by gene1991 »

In post 499, Nachomamma8 wrote:bungle you need to calm down for like 5 seconds
i'm here. everything is okay.
You're not really here since you're not really posting. Posts like this don't exactly count.
In post 496, leviathan93 wrote:theres nothing to read up on. still leaving my vote where it is until I get evidence to the otherwise.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: chkflip
Could I at all convince you to vote Nacho first? You said he was your second strongest scum read. He's mine and bungle most strongest, so in order for a lynch to happen, there has to be some compromising/convincing. In my mind, I would rather wait to vote hawk until his replacement posts some more and I can get a better read on his replacement.
It was easier to feel confident about mollie's replacement because she actually posted enough to get a good read. Hawk, imo, hasn't posted enough for me to be as confident about him being maf.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

@gene

If things aren't going to change when things get to the end of the day 2 then I probably will consider voting nacho instead.

however, 1 since its too early for a lynch to actually occur I don't want someone quick hammering without a claim just because they believe him to be super scummy. he already has two almost three votes on him he should not be at L-1 yet.

2. I want to see if he actually stays or if he replaces out. If he is replacing out, I want to see the second person in action before I lynch him. If nothing is changing from the way that nacho is playing then Yes I will consider lynching him unless chkflip turns out to really be worse than nacho. Its too early in the day to lynch someone. we have time. let people have the time.
BlazeJP
BlazeJP
Townie
BlazeJP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by BlazeJP »

I absolutely accept my mahoosive naive noob status with this, but is people not posting much generally an indication of mafia?

I only ask because most of the reasoning for scumreads I've seen have been based on people not saying much or not saying things often. Given my lack of experience I can obviously only go on how before playing I had an idea of how people, and myself, may try and play and lurking just didn't seem like a good idea. Probably why my scum read on mrbungle was so strong, because I imagined that's what I would do if I was mat (first time only obviously if we play together again *squinty eyes*).

And both bungles and genes posts made sense and now in my head nacho looks suspicious with the flippancy.

My head hurts.
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by gene1991 »

@Levi,
That sounds fair. However, I think he kinda should be a L-1 already. to put pressure on him to actually make a real post. He posts and says he will post later, and doesn't. or maybe I'm being too impatient.
But if he does replace out (perhaps because of pressure from being at L-1), then I would remove my vote also to see how his replacement will act.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by mrbungle »

In post 502, BlazeJP wrote:I absolutely accept my mahoosive naive noob status with this, but is people not posting much generally an indication of mafia?

I only ask because most of the reasoning for scumreads I've seen have been based on people not saying much or not saying things often. Given my lack of experience I can obviously only go on how before playing I had an idea of how people, and myself, may try and play and lurking just didn't seem like a good idea. Probably why my scum read on mrbungle was so strong, because I imagined that's what I would do if I was mat (first time only obviously if we play together again *squinty eyes*).

And both bungles and genes posts made sense and now in my head nacho looks suspicious with the flippancy.

My head hurts.
First, have you played irl mafia or mafia on any other sites?

Also, the problem with nacho isn't just that he barely posts. It's that when he posts, he doesn't share thoughts. He asks a lot of questions and doesn't follow up on them with reads. He didn't even explain his D1 vote for nic
BlazeJP
BlazeJP
Townie
BlazeJP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by BlazeJP »

Unvote

Played on epic, but that's just a shoot out.

Read through a game on a different forum I post in and seemed like fun, they're setting up another game which I'm gonna be a part of so thought I'd get some experience first.

Think I might give the entire thread another read through when I wake up.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Post by mrbungle »

nacho what game are you playing at? you realize you're gonna get lynched right? why don't you care about that?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 503, gene1991 wrote:@Levi,
That sounds fair. However, I think he kinda should be a L-1 already. to put pressure on him to actually make a real post. He posts and says he will post later, and doesn't. or maybe I'm being too impatient.
But if he does replace out (perhaps because of pressure from being at L-1), then I would remove my vote also to see how his replacement will act.
L-1 is risky. L-2 is good enough for me. once its later in the game, THEN L-1 comes into play but things can happen really fast all of a sudden and people are unvoting and then voting again and causing accidental lynches and the person who hammers is town and then people lynch the person who hammered. i've seen it happen many times so i prefer to be more cautious about it until its later in the game.

but I will say that with the way nacho is playing now I probably will set my vote for him as the lynch for today, but I'd rather wait for more information to come into the thread before we just decide to lynch him now. nothing is wrong with more information, to me it only helps town.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 502, BlazeJP wrote:I absolutely accept my mahoosive naive noob status with this, but is people not posting much generally an indication of mafia?

My head hurts.
In this site, I would say there is a leaning toward not posting very much to be the case of scum but I would only rate that as a 60 % of the time. I know many town that are either just lazy, busy, stupid, forgetting, its going to fast for them to read everything, and other reasons why they don't post.

its not a tell tale sign of scum. Lurking IS a thing on this site. lurking is where you are seen reading the thread but never actually post anything. you just play the game to your convenience. to me, THAT'S scummy and thats why there is a Lynch All Lurkers mentality that I do kind of hold to myself. Lurkers are not beneficial to town even if they ARE town. they aren't helpful at all. they don't scum hunt and they don't really look very town. they probably either sheep someone else but never give real opinions with evidence.

nacho is kind of being a lurker, but at the same time I am personally guessing that he is busy. Dave was being a lurker which is why I considered him scummy until he posted all those things on page 19. now I feel Hawk/chkflip is possibly lurking because that position has not posted up to date things at the moment but also he does have to catch up.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by mrbungle »

i think what's happening is what gene said earlier:

"And I think he's dug himself a little too deep by not getting off to a good start, and now it requires even more effort to dig himself out, and I think he perhaps doesn't have the time or energy for that."
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 509, mrbungle wrote:i think what's happening is what gene said earlier:

"And I think he's dug himself a little too deep by not getting off to a good start, and now it requires even more effort to dig himself out, and I think he perhaps doesn't have the time or energy for that."
If this is the case, what would you say we should do about it?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

are you saying we should just lynch him or give him a chance?
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by mrbungle »

well obviously i want to lynch him but that's just me not liking 2 week day cycles. i realize that the correct choice is to use all the time we have available.

lets just put it this way... if i were in a position to hammer nacho i'd do it without second thought. however i realize that'd it'd probably be the "dumb" thing to do so i can't really get mad at other people for not wanting to go along with it

if you're asking what do we do in terms of what can we do to get him to play? nothing apparently, which is why this is so frustrating
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by mrbungle »

i do want to at least see him post reads though in case by some miracle he's town

something i've been considering for awhile now is that he knows he's gonna get lynched so he's just keeping quiet till that happens to avoid saying anything that might out his partner. or he's just keeping quiet hoping that we get distracted by something else
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 426, mrbungle wrote:If nic had flipped town, then I might have been able to say to myself "ok, nacho is town but he's just not interested in this game or doesn't have time to play." but now with nic's flip there nothing townie about nacho's filter. i said earlier that he is mod-confirmed experienced.... so he can't get away with asking random questions all game and then having his "scumread" flip town. i'm gonna need to see some mighty impressive and convincing play from him to get me to not want to lynch him this cycle.
This is unfair, considering quick hammers and my lack of time. My scum hunting is fluid and places a strong emphasis on town reads, meaning that I push people until they towninate and after they towninate, I move onto someone else who can benefit from a little bit of pressure. Quickhammers cut that line of discussion off completely, since you see someone's true alignment best when they are closest to death. I saw reasons Nic could be town skimming through what I've missed, but they are useless if I can't act on them.
In post 431, leviathan93 wrote:
In post 429, mrbungle wrote:did he look like he cared about the d1 lynch? did he ever share reads? did he ever come to conclusions with his endless questions?
wow. i'm actually kind of convinced.

nacho, your response?
I don't always share reads, as you know. My endless questions did not come to a definite conclusion, no. But they did have a clear path to giving me a definite conclusion.
In post 465, mrbungle wrote:if she were scum there'ed be no reason why she would want to be replaced. there's like nobody who thinks she's scum, and i say that if she were in fact scum then the scumteam is way ahead. there's no reason why she, as mafia, would want to give up.
She would replace out as either alignment. She's town in this scenario, yes, but she would replace out as either alignment. She doesn't quite have my patience.
In post 467, mrbungle wrote:They got nothing to talk about , cuz they be maf.
Or because I am busy and this thread isn't open whenever I'm free.
In post 506, mrbungle wrote:nacho what game are you playing at? you realize you're gonna get lynched right? why don't you care about that?
I do, but I'm juggling mafia and no time at the moment.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by mrbungle »

anything useful to say?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Now for reads. Gene, bungle, mollie replacement are all a solid town core for me. I've played with mollie plenty of times and I know her scum style and I know her town style. As scum, she's tiptoes around me a bit, she likes "muddying the waters" with bullshit, sometimes goes into hard lurking. This isn't what we're seeing here at all, so the replacement is at the top of my town reads. Gene is also town. In particular, the views he has about activity and how he gets reluctant to lynch mrbungle who is a scum read part way through D1 because he is so active is naive but a fairly town mindset. He's not afraid to attack whoever the fuck, which is a good sign, and his sheeping bungle as if he were cop as well as the overactive quick hammer was also sort of townish. He's showing a lot of independent thought in his posts, and keeps a lot of working theories going in tangents that would be pretty hard to keep track of and keep consistent as scum.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I will be back later, have something else to do.

mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by mrbungle »

lol nacho you just stated the most obvious things about the game. i want something juicy!
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by mrbungle »

The only things I really care about are your scumreads.

Also, you mentioned something about 'not liking' hawk during d1. Did you have a scumread on him? If so then what happened to that read adn where do you stand on that spot now?
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by gene1991 »

@ Nacho,
So basically, you think me, Bungle, and mollie's replacement are town. It's day 2, you should be able to provide more information than that. From your POV, that leaves FLLhawk/Chkflip, David, and Levi to be maf. So put them in order by how confident you are they are town. since you don't like to accuse people of being maf.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i know you want the juicy reads
but the juicy reads deserve a certain attention to detail that I absolutely cannot handle when I am drunk, which I am at the moment.
i had a couple midterms this week and destressed with alcohol, but I will talk to you guys in the afternoon after I clean my fucking house
In post 519, mrbungle wrote:The only things I really care about are your scumreads.

Also, you mentioned something about 'not liking' hawk during d1. Did you have a scumread on him? If so then what happened to that read adn where do you stand on that spot now?
I did have a scum read on hawk day 1. But I think the majority of my scum read was based on his weird tone; his scum hunting is actually pretty fucking genuine and it's a strange perspective for scum to have. Meanwhile, you have the posture king leviathan and David Jones who I'm actually surprised I didn't pick up on sooner. Hawk is a read that is too fucking easy because off tone; penguin alien has the same problem if you read through any of her games, but luckily chi is easy as shit to read so I'm going to read the shit out of him when he graces us with his presence which might actually be after i grace you with my presence. see you folks in the morning!

David Jones
David Jones
Townie
David Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by David Jones »

ok ...@mrbungle i see your point of view too ....so i just have to assume you are hyperactive townie for now
and since nacho hasn't made much of an significant explanation my doubt in him increases
but no quick hammers ...there is 17 days i think ...so lets give him more time atleast till wednesday/thursday to see if he come up with a solid response
and this could also be time enough for the replacements to catch up to events

@levi if my inactivity is the only reason you find me scummy then i'm obliged to clarify my situation

my activity level here depends on my real live stuff i have to deal with ....
i'll be more active on weekdays (i.e) mon evening to friday afternoon my timezone that to probably 3-5 hrs a day
in weekends i may not be active at all or very low level of activity max 1 hr

and its a good idea to keep nacho and Hawk/his replacement at L-2 to have some pressure but not at L-1 bcos we dont want an quick hammer
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

oh yeah and quit assuming i'm done when i post a little bit of content at a time
i'm not done yet

you'll know when i'm done because there won't be anyone else left when i'm done with this shit
i say patience, patience
patience is a fucking virtue
virtues will bring you to heaven

do you know where heaven is, bungle
i am heaven
my goddamn reads are heaven

mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 am

Post by mrbungle »

nacho you aint got shit to say so stop frontin' like you's does