Newbie 1361: The Ninja Council (Game Over)

Forum rules
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:53 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Vote Count 2.2

[2] Nachomamma8: gene1991, mrbungle,
[1] ChkFlip: leviathan93,

Not Voting: David Jones, Nachomamma8, Chkflip, BlazeJP,

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-05-15 13:11:28)
Last edited by JasonWazza on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saved by my own stupidity \o/
Sometimes a Psychopath with a notebook wins.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:45 am

Post by mrbungle »

some things I'd like to see:

-david taking some initiative. I've been leaning
slightly
town on him during D2 but I just went through his filter and pretty much all of his posts of late are responses to questions other people ask or things they say about him. He's not being active in the scumhunt, I'm not seeing that he;s trying to figure out who scum are or anything like that. I want some original content from that guy

-nacho knows what I want to see from him and i'll think he'll get around to it, not much to say there

-chkflip WHERE YOU AT MAN?

chkflip...

CHKFLIP!

BRO.....

POST!!!!!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by chkflip »

Nacho stalled hard like this in a game I nailed him as scum in. I'll cross-reference the game and see if there's a connection there. Aside from that, I'm still getting through D1 and catching up while keeping up with recent pages. Nothing really stands out to me so far but I'll keep in touch.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by mrbungle »

sick delurk
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by mrbungle »

yeah sooo.... lets just hammer nacho kk? it's pretty insulting that he's just gonna troll us for 20 days or whatever. i say don't give him the satisfaction and lynch him now. i don't think town can lose. imo lynching nacho, then chkflip, and then david if needed is a guaranteed victory
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by chkflip »

Dat lining up lynches.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by mrbungle »

got something you wanna say?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by chkflip »

You're being pushy in a way that isn't reading like eager town. Who's scum?
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by mrbungle »

my stance on your spot has already been made clear. everyone already knows I think you're scum

you on the other hand have yet to give your read on me so your post comes across as baseless shit-flinging

anyways, you seem to have taken the position that I'm mafia, is that what you were thinking while reading the thread? Or even better, care to talk about anything at all from the thread? If you have the time to engage in this pissing contest then surely you have the time to post your reads
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

I've already stated that I haven't finished reading D1 yet, and it actually reads like you got a scum-then-town-then-scum read on this slot as soon as it became convenient for you to do so.

Have I called you mafia? Because right now it seems like you're extremely paranoid. Jumpy much?

It's only baseless shit-flinging if it's actually baseless, and you're continuing to read like you're pushing for the Day to finish. That's not very town-oriented thinking there.

Cool your tits.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by mrbungle »

In post 534, chkflip wrote:I've already stated that I haven't finished reading D1 yet, and it actually reads like you got a scum-then-town-then-scum read on this slot as soon as it became convenient for you to do so.
Can you define what you mean by this?

define "convenient" in the context of how you're using it
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by mrbungle »

alright here's my probalem with what you're doing
In post 534, chkflip wrote:I've already stated that I haven't finished reading D1 yet, and it actually reads like you got a scum-then-town-then-scum read on this slot
as soon as it became convenient for you to do so.

Have I called you mafia?
Because right now it seems like you're extremely paranoid. Jumpy much?

It's only baseless shit-flinging if it's actually baseless, and you're continuing to read like you're pushing for the Day to finish.
That's not very town-oriented thinking there.

Cool your tits.
all the bolded stuff, as well as your "dat lingin up lynches" comment and then earlier "who's scum" comment are all intended to either give the impression that you think i'm mafia, or at the very least work towards persuading other players that i'm mafia. yet you yourself do not actually have the balls to straight up say you have a scum read on me. you claim to have read enough of the game to know that I've gone from scum to town to a scum read on you. So you are obviously fairly aware of what's gone on so far. And since I know that you have such familiarity with my filter that means that I expect you to have a read on me that is worth talking about. So, let's find that read.

Earlier, in your first real post you say:
In post 527, chkflip wrote:Nacho stalled hard like this in a game I nailed him as scum in. I'll cross-reference the game and see if there's a connection there. Aside from that, I'm still getting through D1 and catching up while keeping up with recent pages.
Nothing really stands out to me so far but I'll keep in touch.
That implies that after reading what you had read, you did NOT have a scumread on mr bungle. Yet here you are, throwing in snarky remarks that suggest that I'm mafia. You already implied that you don't think I'm scummy in the above quote. And you later clarified on this position by saying "Have I called you mafia?"

So what I'm looking at, is every time you're talking about your overall impressions of the game, or your specific read on me, you have nothing to say. You "haven't called [me] mafia," and "nothing stood out" to you other than nacho. Yet here you are making all these comments which are designed to discredit me. THAT is what I mean when I say you are 'shit-flinging.' You're making accusations without taking responsibility for them by giving your actual read on my game-long play so far.

tldr version:

1. you've read enough of my filter and/or the game to know how my read on your slot has changed over the course of the game
2. knowing that you're aware of all that stuff, i'd expect you to already have developed a read on me
3. all I can gather from your posts suggests that you do NOT have a scumread on me
4. yet here you are calling me scum in every possible way without actually saying the words "i have a scumread on bungle"

So how about next time you post, you cut the petty shit and give us something worth talking about? Nobody is wanting to watch us in a flame war. Everyone is eager to see you post your reads.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by chkflip »

But you expected me to have a read on you before I said that.

Nice try, though.

And me saying you're not coming off as town =/= scumread. Your increasingly jumpy behavior isn't doing you any favors, however.

I'm not flaming here, you are. I was simply pointing small things out and you're having an absolute shit-fit about it. Quite hilarious, really.

What do people think of this back-and-forth? Let's allow others to discuss what just happened instead of rushing the day and calling for a hammer when we've got over two weeks left.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by mrbungle »

"nothing sticks out to me" or whatever is pretty damn close to you saying that you didn't get a scumread on bungle from what you'd read

and you still haven't done any kind of analysis on anything that's happened before this

you ever plan on doing that?

even now, you don't have the balls to call me mafia while you;re trying to discredit me. you've even called for other people to post their reads based on this conversation before you will even post your own

DONT DODGE THIS:

Do you think I'm mafia?
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by mrbungle »

tldr version of the above exchange:

chkflip is arguing in such a way to try and make himself appear as the "good guy" or in other words, town and me as scum..... yet he ddidn't take responsibility for his accusations by saying he thinks i'm mafia. he's trying to avoid that part of the conversation, he wants OTHER people to say "yeah chkflip, mr bungle was totally out of line." he is not willing to commit to calling me scum.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by chkflip »

When I've finished reading the game (the fact that I even have to mention this again should be a red flag, even to you dude), I'll have more than reads. We have two and a half weeks. There's absolutely no need to rush.

It's actually the opposite. I'm pointing out small things and you're making it out to be more than it is.

You're null-scum from this encounter alone but I won't be basing my reads off one jumpy slot's half-page interaction with me. There's an entire game to read.

hahahaha not willing to commit. I haven't read the game, what is there to commit to? You're trying to push me to commit to something because you want to end the day.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by mrbungle »

Look at chkflip's tone. Look at how he's "laughing off" things I say, pointing out numerous things that i'm doing which he says are scummy.

Here is the best example of what I'm talking about:
In post 537, chkflip wrote:Nice try, though.
"Nice try"

That is something you say to someone whom you have a scumread on when you think they're trying to falsely accuse you of being scum. Him saying that implies a certain amount of conviction on his part in a scumread read on me. Yet what's his read on me? null-scum? Where's the conviction in that? That read doesn't match up with the nature of the things he was saying about me. And that's ONLY after I forced his read. I had to pull teeth to get it out of him

His tone, his accusations, his sarcastic and snarky remarks all would make you think that he REALLY thinks i'm up to no good. But he's null-scum on me! Do yall remember the early game exchange where I had a similarly heated exchange with Pirate? You remember what she did? She completely flipped out, she thought "there is no way that this guy is serious" and developed a scumread on me that lasted throughout most of her game. That is the reaction of a townie. When you think someone is making the shittiest argument ever to call you scum, your first reaction is to pop a raging scumread on them. Chkflip is skirting around that. he's more than willing to try and make me look bad, but not willing at all to take any kind of responsibility by saying he think's i'm mafia.

Here's what should be obvious to people reading:

Both myslef and chkflip are having a fairly passionate argument. I've accused him of using certain kinds of aggressive argumentative tactics, and yes it's true that I've been using some and more of the same tactics myself. The difference is that I am flatly accusing him of getting a role pm that said "you're scum, bro." He is dancing around the issue. I think he's paying careful attention to how he comes across in this argument as to make himself look better for it. He is NOT concerned with my alignment. He IS concerned with "winning" the argument and looking good in front of the thread.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

1. I've not gotten passionate in the slightest even for a moment.

2. Town could actually call this TvT or even declare that I'm scum, I'd just like someone else's input because, at this venue, neither of us are getting anywhere.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Post by mrbungle »

well... i've worked out and smoked several cigs since all that so i've calmed down a bit.

if you're town then you should know that right now I sorta have you as scum by process of elimination so i'm already biased as hell against your slot. the best thing you can do is get to finish reading the thread etc. i'd also like for you to follow up on that comment you made about a previous game where a scum nacho was stalling for time.

i'm completely willing to set aside what just happened as soon as you start posting reads. even with that last post it still seems like you're not really interested in my alignment, and more interested in how other people are reading you.

i think i was/am less concerned with what you were actually posting and more annoyed that you were engaging in that argument without giving out your reads first. the time you used arguing with me should have been used reading the thread and playing the game for real. it takes two to argue though.... so i'm gonna shut up about it and let you get to doing more important stuff
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

At least you can admit to having some blinders on during that whole situation. 543 is quite a town post, though I feel it necessary to point out that you a) called me out, b) engaged me in conversation (that got passionate on one end), and c) picked apart any scummy thing/scenario you could possibly work out in the process.

That aside, I should have reads and the meta stuff situated by Monday. RL > Mafia etc etc.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by mrbungle »

In post 522, David Jones wrote:ok ...@mrbungle i see your point of view too ....so i just have to assume you are hyperactive townie for now
so it's cool that you're now saying i'm town and all.... but the way you went about changing your stance feels a little off. you've been arguing with me and calling me scum all game long and you've been pretty forceful about it. can you explain why/how your read changed so suddenly?
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by gene1991 »

@ Chkflip,
I think perhaps a lot of your argument problems with bungle are coming from the fact you haven't finished reading the thread yet.

@ Bungle, I think that's why chkflip doesn't want to outrightly accuse anyway yet, since his scum reads are changing with the more he reads, it would be unfair for him to give official reads without reading the read of the thread yet.
But even the little exchange above was still beneficial, because more talking is always more beneficial for town. However, bungle, I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on his alignment just from the above the exchange.
As much as I hate to say it, I think we need to just wait a few days. I'm going to try to not look at this page until monday. I probably will fail. but it would help the others catch up, I think.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by mrbungle »

gene you might hate this, but in the last few hours i've begun to feel DEEPLY ambivalent about david, and levi to some degree. hell, the thought crossed my mind that pirate might actually be scum and that scared the shit out of me. (kinda joking about that... she is prob town but the replacement's lack of effort is worrying)

since D2 the activity has dropped to like nothing, people just aren't posting and i'm getting paranoid that this might be because people are wrong about either nacho or hawk/flip so the scum don't feel like they need to post anything.

soooo my solution is that I'm going to try my best to refrain from posting so I can see where the conversation goes when I'm not here yelling about nacho

also fuck having so many replacements (nothing against the players who replace, just there are so many of them) 3 replacements before the middle of d2 is just absurd. i feel like we've had to start the game all over again but with two less townies to start out with. SO mafia-favored imo.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

@bungle

If you are not used to two week days then its understandable that you may be getting impatient or feeling your strong reads on people will falter. It happens to be all the time.

Currently I believe the bungle Chkflip argument/back and forth is getting us nowhere and is just fluff and not helpful at all. I don't know what it says about there alignments could be town on town like chkflip said but at the same time I have seen many scum used the emotional and random argument scenario to fake a town v town battle. I fell for it.

Nacho came back for a bit. I was glad to see that. slightly disappointed that it wasn't as much as I wanted but at least he finally put SOME effort into the game I believe. There is still time in the day for me to see what nacho has in store for us before I go about fully advocating his lynch.

@bungle you need to slow down a bit on the impatience. its better to lynch later in the day then earlier in the day. early day lynches usuallly always result in townies being lynched. so relax. enjoy that work out and cigs. you don't need to try to analyze EVERY bit of info here as what will tell an alignment. think about the things that have the most affect or are MOST and LEAST scummy things to do.

@chkflip. Stop arguing with bungle and finish reading so you can post useful content we can all look it over.

@david come back when you can and continue posting reads and thoughts so we can all see what you are thinking and mull it over. That's also a note for everyone.

gene is still town for me. probably will be unless he does something stupid but I doubt that.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

After Isoing david I now push him back to third likely to be scum which then puts Chkflip in first place

VOTE: chkflip

david only has 14 posts but as he said in one of them he is busy and believes in quality over quantity. I believe each of his respect posts are full of quality especially more than pretty much everyone in this game. especially bungle who has the easy majority of posts but to me not as much real content as david.