Newbie 1361: The Ninja Council (Game Over)

Forum rules
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Vote Count 2.4

[1] Nachomamma8: gene1991,
[1] ChkFlip: leviathan93,
[1] David Jones: Nachomamma8,
[1] mrbungle: Chkflip,

Not Voting: David Jones, BlazeJP, mrbungle,

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-05-15 13:11:28)
Saved by my own stupidity \o/
Sometimes a Psychopath with a notebook wins.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

since david hasn't been here, i'm going to give him some motivation.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: davidjones
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by mrbungle »

levi what are your scumreads? i went throught your filter looking for them and the best most recent thing i could come up with was someting about flip being in first place. and i think that's a god awful "main" scumread, so would you mind explaining where you're at?

and i don't want a bunch of town reads used to eliminate possibilites. even if that's how you play the game you should still have something useful to say about your top scumread other than that he's not in your townie group
David Jones
David Jones
Townie
David Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Post by David Jones »

sry i've been busy..... i'll just read through the post and reply
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 2:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 586, chkflip wrote:NACHO WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ME
???
In post 599, mrbungle wrote:weeeaaaaak
The things I said about the townread trifecta were similarly weak because not a whole lot needs to be explained about them.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
David Jones
David Jones
Townie
David Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 am

Post by David Jones »

In post 558, Nachomamma8 wrote:The main reason I don't like David Jones is because of the disconnect between his posting and how sure he is of his scumread on mrbungle. All game, he has tunneled on bungle and hasn't really put forward many reads of his own. He didn't really put too much input into the NicCage lynch, but was fairly sure to throw immediate blame for mislynch on (guess who) bungle after the fact.
In post 165, David Jones wrote:town player dont eagerly go to lynch like random... they observe who they suspect to get more information on possible other scum
also town player try to get others to vote for the same person ....if what i'm saying is true and acceptable then automatically others will follow
only mafia have to push their agenda and try to manipulate the town
Aaand despite this sort of mindset, DJ hasn't really done any looking into anyone else for any scum possibilities, yet have held popular lynch targets near the top of his list for the longest time.
In post 522, David Jones wrote:ok ...@mrbungle i see your point of view too ....so i just have to assume you are hyperactive townie for now
...and then after tunneling bungle the entire fucking game, he just suddenly starts trusting him and calling him hyperactive townie and adopts his scumreads completely?
I don't really think that a flip-flop of that magnitude really shows a town mindset. I think that he opposed bungle early because he thought he was going to get in trouble after egging on the gene quickhammer, but when he saw no one was really pushing his lynch, decided to switch what horse he was backing and started posturing for an inactive lynch.

Hawk's posting is interesting, but there are a few things that I picked up on that make things even more interesting.
In post 82, FLLhawk wrote:mrbungle is either an awful townie or mafia. Either way he's a good vote. He's pushed one of the flimsier cases I've ever seen, switched his strongest scumread to a townread within 11 posts, and contradicted himself. Oh yeah, and gene1991 is town because of his newbie status (according to mrbungle). Outstanding.
The reasoning for his vote here is exactly the same as DJ's reasons for voting bungle in #165, which means that it's not likely that they are scum together. While I can easily see scum picking up on town's reason for a case, I can't really see scum picking up on his buddy's reasoning for a vote and following him on it. DJ also never gives any indication that he's picking up on this from Hawk, which definitely suggests scum more than town.
In post 184, FLLhawk wrote:The reason I looked at mrbungle's gene read is the following. I disagreed with the reasoning for considering gene town at that point in the game because I thought mrbungle had mischaracterized gene. Thus, it looked like he had fabricated a town read (which would fall in line with scum knowing who town are) and I was interested in seeing what he would say if I brought it up. I didn't make a big deal about it (our discussion lasted all of three posts from me) because it looked like a dead end. The only reason I have discussed it since is because others have brought it up.
This theory seems definitely seems like a town frame of mind, and the fact that he didn't follow up on it ever but had a pretty well-hashed out reason for asking the question in the first place. I didn't really like the question because it seemed like he was attacking bungle's townreads because he was afraid of them sticking, but that definitely wasn't the case.
In post 289, FLLhawk wrote:
In post 287, Remembrance wrote:David jones. (Read is slowly changing based on posts and his perspective, was initially in the scummy slot)
What made David Jones look scummy and what brought him up to null?
He also did a good job of questioning multiple people on multiple angles; didn't fall into the tunneling trap like DJ did and felt pretty invested in figuring out people's alignments. Chkflip came in and was town as fuck so I don't really think that the slot is scum.

Leviathan's 132 is a bunch of wishy washy crap that only allows him to call someone town if and only if he discredits them first. Exemplified in his read on bungle. The rest of his reads are generally nothing strong, nothing special, except for the Hawk townread which ended up going into a flip that was also pretty fucking scummy and immediately moving to pressure vote him instead of DJ or I was strange, awkward. I do think that levi would be conscious of his buddy getting replaced, meaning that it's not likely that the two are scum together.
1. Your first accusation is I didn't say anything about Nic's Lynch in DP1 but in Dp2 i blame mrbungle for it

this is a lie or you didn't bother to read my previous posts
i strongly tried to prevent Nic's lynch from the beginning ....i even called out mrbungle for talking Nic to L-1 on DAY1 and explained that mostly those who self vote are town and even voting for inactivity is not a good idea ...i seriously tried to prevent Nic's lynch
then i go away for a weekend and Nic is lynched

2. I accused mrbungle as scum for 2 days and i suddenly changed from him being scum to townie

i didnt convert mrbugle to an absolute townie in my list ....i just accepted the fact he could also be a hyper active townie
it was at a moment where nothing else was up for discussion ....so ya he could be a townie
so i just reduced him from my most scummy category

3.I didnot look for other scum possibilities

iirc i mentioned that i was suspicious of mrbungle,Hawk and you in that order
then i just reduced mrbungle a bit lower there , wanted to see Hawk's replacement post and waiting for your reply

then you conveniently clear Hawk and try to put up a half thought case against Levi
In post 570, mrbungle wrote:ok i'm really liking a david lynch right now

in D1 david completely avoids mentioning anything at all about the nic lynch. imo his tunnel on me was a facade he was using so that he could just let the nic lynch happen and avoid any responsibility for it while still having something to post about
wth i let the lynch happen ....i specifically prevented Nic's lynch one time and Nic was finally lynched when i was not online
In post 576, mrbungle wrote:ok i have finals this weekend so i may not be around as much.
i'd write an essay on why i think david is scum but i'm too demotivated for that right now. about half or so of my reasons are in nacho's post about david. the other half have to do with how he he's making no attempt to generate discussion. he doesn't ty to get information out of people... all his posts are mostly arguments with me or excuses for his low activety. he's making no effort at all to generate discussion. this isn't about his low post count. he remained tunneled hard on me D1 and avoided talking about the nic lynch. that's the biggest tell imo. scum love just letting lynches happen. i cba to look it up but there was a post he made right at the start of D2 where he blames me for the nic lynch but overall the post had no conclusion. i questioned him about why he made such a pointless post, and his response was that it was "intentionally vague" or something..... bleh. i dont really buy that

also his filter is full of soft town claims. normally i dont treat that as a scumtell but i think it might be in a newbie game

and i don't like the phrasing of this:
In post 469, David Jones wrote:forming a little town group among urselves
at this point it almost like i could give up .....
i've just refuted everyone of nacho's points ...that was his desperate attempt to push the blame on someone else scummy

"forming a little town group among urselves" -> this is to mean that almost in every town group who trust eachother there is always a scum who backstabs in the end..... so in the town group of gene and you .....you are most likely to be scum
In post 601, leviathan93 wrote:since david hasn't been here, i'm going to give him some motivation.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: davidjones
since i'm not online voting for me will somehow magically motivate me to come online???

so for me possible scum - nacho,mrbugle in that order
VOTE: nacho
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 3:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 605, David Jones wrote:i strongly tried to prevent Nic's lynch from the beginning ....i even called out mrbungle for talking Nic to L-1 on DAY1 and explained that mostly those who self vote are town and even voting for inactivity is not a good idea ...i seriously tried to prevent Nic's lynch
then i go away for a weekend and Nic is lynched
You even called out mrbungle for taking Nic to L-1 on Day 1? That's pretty much all you did in regards to Nic's lynch. You only explained the "those who self-vote are town" bit because someone asked you about it; whenever you talked about Nic, it was mostly you either talking about bungle's vote on him or responding to the questions he asked you. I mean, I don't really think it matters if you defended your townread or not since people have different styles and all, but while the lynch was happening, you pretended like it didn't exist. I was on that train for a long, long time, people went back on the lynch a lot, but it was always there. It's not like we had 5 people jump on the wagon over a weekend.
In post 605, David Jones wrote:i didnt convert mrbugle to an absolute townie in my list ....i just accepted the fact he could also be a hyper active townie
it was at a moment where nothing else was up for discussion ....so ya he could be a townie
so i just reduced him from my most scummy category
Why did you accept the fact that he could be town when you hadn't accepted that fact for so long before?
In post 605, David Jones wrote:iirc i mentioned that i was suspicious of mrbungle,Hawk and you in that order
Mentioned is the key word here. You mentioned me and hawk. You never followed up on either of us ever, just bungle.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 7:40 am

Post by chkflip »

I think DJ is being genuine and Nacho is pushing pretty hard to get the heat off of him.

My gut check on him didn't go as planned.

UNVOTE: mrbungle
VOTE: Nachomamma8
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 7:43 am

Post by mrbungle »

i want to hammer but first i want to hear from blaze/levi
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 7:48 am

Post by chkflip »

UNVOTE: nachomamma8
VOTE: mrbungle

Dat convenient voting. Hammer with two weeks left? No.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 am

Post by mrbungle »

have i hammered yet?
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:06 am

Post by mrbungle »

VOTE: nacho
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:09 am

Post by chkflip »

You didn't say "oh I'll hammer when we're all in agreement" or "I'll hammer if he continues x and y" you said "oh I'll hammer after I hear from blaze/levi" which begs the question: why? What do you need to hear from them? And why did you just put nacho to L-1 is you want to wait for them?

Doesn't. Make. Sense.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:09 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 607, chkflip wrote:I think DJ is being genuine and Nacho is pushing pretty hard to get the heat off of him.

My gut check on him didn't go as planned.

VOTE: Nachomamma8
I'm pushing hard because I'm back in the saddle.

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 am

Post by chkflip »

You genuinely don't see what I mean about bungle, though?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Bungle is the mafia equivalent of a crackhead. His voting is opportunistic as hell, yes, but that fits pretty nicely in line with impulsive voting and his playing is nothing if not impulsive.

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:17 am

Post by chkflip »

So you're saying he's eager town? Any posts in particular that make you feel that way?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 am

Post by chkflip »

I feel like my reads are off. I'm going to read the thread over again.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 609, chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: nachomamma8
VOTE: mrbungle

Dat convenient voting. Hammer with two weeks left? No.
answer me this. what is convenient about my vote, wait no, because I didnt even vote..... my proposed vote for nacho? does this mean you think i'm scum trying to hammer a town nacho? you keep throwing around "convenient voting" and you have yet to explain what is so 'convenient' about it. so far in d3 i've only voted for 3 people. david, nacho, and yourself. and i've voted for nacho like a million times, i've made my intent to lynch him explicitly clear. if you're gonna just vote anyone who states intent to hammer then nothing is ever going to get done because other townies will be scared of your retarded position on voting.

and at this point i do not give a damn about how we have 2 weeks left. people aren't posting now and i have no faith that they'll start doing so in the future. and i'd rather lynch someone early than fuck around all cycle and then scramble to throw together a last minute lynch. i do think that there are townies at fault because there are more people not putting effort in than there are possible scum. nacho didn't start playing until just a few days ago. the only way you can make david show his head is to call him scum. levi never really shares reads he just plays politician and "pressure votes." and who the hell knows where blaze went. they can't all be scum so there ARE townies in this town who just do not give a fuck about the scumhunt and I have no faith that they'll start posting a bunch once we reach the end of the cycle
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 70, mrbungle wrote:damn guys. i dont even know why i keep rechecking this thread.

i came here to make a post along the lines of "omg u guys suck u should start posting and im gonna rage and not even open this thread until tomorrow because nobody will bother posting so what's the point blah blah blah"

but i just can't bring myself to do that.... so i'm just gonna sit here talking to myself.

hello mr bungle, are you scum?

no, are you?

no.

glad we worked that out.

do you know who could be scum?

no, because nobody will post...

I see, I've been having the same issue, I'm glad we agree.

......................are you trying to buddy up with me?

NO! HOW DARE YOU

wtf bro ur scum VOTE: mrbungle
yeah, he's overactive and crazy as fuck
but his votes follow his thought process which is also transparent as fuck, so there's not really that much fault to it.

gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 8:35 am

Post by gene1991 »

In post 612, chkflip wrote:You didn't say "oh I'll hammer when we're all in agreement" or "I'll hammer if he continues x and y" you said "oh I'll hammer after I hear from blaze/levi" which begs the question: why? What do you need to hear from them? And why did you just put nacho to L-1 is you want to wait for them?

Doesn't. Make. Sense.
omg, are you for serious? You're trying to find things that aren't there. so instead your just grasping at straws. Maybe I just think that way because I'm biased now towards bungle's townness, and you seem to be biased towards his mafianess.

But anyways, I got super excited for a second there that Nacho might get lynched. just because he's my, by far, strongest scum read. Also it's not that more time will give us more information, it's that more people talking will give us more info. And that can happen in a short amount of time, or a long amount of time if people choose to not post.

I also got really excited when David got prodded and I really thought he might get replaced, by someone hopefully more talkative. but he came in just in time to make a decent post. and now I wonder when he'll post again.

Also, I decided that I really, really don't think that Nacho and Chkflip are partners, by the way they are talking to eachother. Which means I now even more so think Nacho and David are partners.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 10:59 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm definitely tunneling then.

Re-read in process.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 602, mrbungle wrote:levi what are your scumreads? i went throught your filter looking for them and the best most recent thing i could come up with was someting about flip being in first place. and i think that's a god awful "main" scumread, so would you mind explaining where you're at?

and i don't want a bunch of town reads used to eliminate possibilites. even if that's how you play the game you should still have something useful to say about your top scumread other than that he's not in your townie group
Haven't I stated my scum reads already? It IS how I play the game and that MAKES him scum! if he is NOT in my townie group then what group is he in? SCUM of course!

my reads from most town to LEAST TOWN AKA SCUM is this Gene, Blaze, Bungle, followed by Nacho, Chkflip and David. All the last three I currently feel scum reside in. I'm not sure which two yet, but I highly doubt scum reside in the first three. i want to see how the day plays out more before which of the last three I am willing to lynch at the end of the day.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

UNVOTE:

@ david

actually yes, voting people does seem to have a magical affect on whether people come back online or not. They could be active lurkers and when they see their name they jump in and comment only when they see their name.

It got you in even if it wasn't the cause. I come back after voting you and you are magically on. so yeah. it worked.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 608, mrbungle wrote:i want to hammer but first i want to hear from blaze/levi
i don't know what you need to hear from me. you already know my stance on nacho. he's probably third likely to be scum but i honestly don't have much on him. plus I wouldn't decide to lynch him until the end of the day, not when we have so long to decide.

plus remember, we would need a claim anyway.