Newbie 1361: The Ninja Council (Game Over)

Forum rules
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by mrbungle »

@chkflip

why are you voting for levi? i don't want to hear anything about how you thought i was scum and didn't think it was possible for me to be scum with levi because that actually doesn't tell me anything about why you're voting for levi
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by chkflip »

The buddying smilies (I've never seen levi be so cheeky), the single scum read where it was easy, the push on Nacho as soon as that was easy, et cetera.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Vote Count 2.6

[2] Nachomamma8: gene1991, David Jones,
[2] Leviathan93: Nachomamma8, Chkflip,

Not Voting: BlazeJP, leviathan93, mrbungle,

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-05-15 13:11:28)

BlazeJP is being replaced
Saved by my own stupidity \o/
Sometimes a Psychopath with a notebook wins.
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by gene1991 »

It's really sad that I've stopped caring about this game so much. I think I just cannot stand playing a game that takes 2 weeks for a day. As soon as we lynch someone, I think I will get a renewed interest in the game, but it will probably be short lived unless things move just a little quicker. I think that things moving TOO slowly actually just encourages things to move even more slowly, because people start to lose interest if exciting things aren't going on. Perhaps that's why Blaze bailed on us so quickly after he replaced in.

I'm very pleased to see Nacho contributing quite a lot. It would have been helpful if he did that from the start. Nacho is actually starting to look town for me. Now I actually am starting to agree with whoever it was that said everyone is kind of looking town. Critically thinking back, I think the ones who I most largely suspected of being maf were the ones who were talking less. Maybe it's because when you have less to go on, one wrong post can make you look like maf. but with a lot more posts, idk, everyone is just kind of blending into a townness-ness.

And I am including Nacho in that. I can't believe I'm saying it, but Nacho is starting to look town. I keep thinking, what would it mean if Nacho were town, it would mean, to me, that David and Levi would have to be town. I can't say anything more about David because he's still not posting much. But Levi, interestingly, is starting to look a lot more mafia.

I'll explain.

This is how Nacho defends himself:
In post 673, Nachomamma8 wrote:I started off the game as a bit passive because I've been busy, but I'm up to my normal level of attachment now. I haven't been that aggressive this game, but that doesn't mean I'm scum. I'm not always aggressive, and I'm probably only very rarely as aggressive as the people you're used to playing with.

Meanwhile, I have been scumhunting. I have been pushing. I have been questioning. If you don't see where my questions are leading, we don't push on the same thing. That doesn't mean anything as far as my alignment is concerned.

Yes, it's mostly meta and feels, but your case on me is 90% feeling, so I don't really see why you have a problem with that. Levi was my second strongest scumread, David began dropping down in my scumreads and levi offered to hop on the wagon, time to go for levi. There's not anymore to it than that.
Read it for yourself, some how it just comes off as true town inside to me. It's nothing more than a feeling really. And I hope that, since Nacho is more an experience player, it's not that he's just that good at faking it.
Also, Nacho's post 647 seemed very town to me, because it was so well thought out and logical. It seemed like town trying to get a good gut feeling on a player. And it is possible that Nacho is good enough to fake it and come up with all that, but it seems a little bit less likely.

Leviathan on the other hand....

First off, I feel like I too quickly placed Levi in my town barrel. He made one good list post for me way back in the first few pages, and I didn't give him much thought after that because he didn't really talk much. Now he's talking more, and I'm noticing some things.

So here is how Nacho defends himself:
In post 660, leviathan93 wrote:First of all, nice post nacho. It actually shows effort for once in this game and does have loads of truth. I very much admit that. However, I have reasons for all those things you called me out on.

First how do you figure that i'm not comfortable now? I've been pretty comfortable regarding that my main disappointment is how slow this game is going and that its literally like no one has time for it so how should I care so much when it seems like no one else is. As you stated yourself my contribution came EARLY where I was on topic and posting relevant stuff.

Second of all, look at every game I have ever been in. You will see that I give reads out randomly in huge lists telling where I am on people. usually periodically throughout the game, until people start pointing fingers at me for doing it and saying its pretty scummy and I usually stop. I stopped that early in this game because I didn't care as much.

Third. I do agree with you that my scum reads are kind of lacking in this game. More so the reason is I'm really not seeing scum in this game. I see TOTALLY OBVIOUS TOWN. specifically bungle and gene. which bumps it down to 4 possible scum for me. thats pretty good odds in my book because 50 percent of you are scum. Its literally like I could hang any one of you rest out to dry and feel pretty confident that the two scum are between y'all. david, nacho, chkflip, blaze. which ones look the scummiest? to me its hard to tell and its almost a random shoot for me.

lynching lurkers has worked for me in the past because they are either scum and anti-town or both which DEFINITELY works for me! currently blaze is up on that list now.

FOurth. I do lack spine in this game, because I really haven't found it yet.
Somehow when I read Levi's posts by filter, it just starts sounding more and more like maf acting like town. I couldn't quote one post, there's a handful of them, where I just start getting that feeling.

I still, with 90% confidence, feel like maf is within Nacho, Levi, and David. I feel like it's a little less likely that Nacho and Levi are mafia together (but not impossible). Which means I still think David is the common denominator. I also feel like I haven't been paying much attention to him. He also has not been talking enough for me to get a confident read on him, so I've pretty much decided he's maf just by process of elimination. which, for my own self, is just as reliable as a read. Still, it could bring something new if he would talk more.

So now I want to lynch people in order of David, Levi, Nacho.

I don't know why people are not talking about David more. I don't know why people haven't voted for him yet, even just a pressure vote. So while a part of me wants to vote David now, another part of me doesn't want to make the same mistake with Levi by writing David off too quickly as maf because he hasn't contributed enough to get a good read. If David is not maf, that would mean, in my mind, that Levi and Nacho would have to be maf partners. which definitely seems unlikely, but not technically impossible.

So I would really like to hear from David before I vote for him, he could say something that changes my mind, but as of now, the last thing he said was:
In post 636, David Jones wrote:if you guys really feel like replacing me ...fine by me
bcos i will be kinda on and off ...rarely on
So now I kind of really want David to get replaced. I don't feel like I can ever get a fair read on him if he doesn't care about the game. He could be maf that doesn't care. Or he could be vanilla town that doesn't care. I find it a little more likely for vanilla town to lack interest in the game, because that's the most boring role. It's basically my same logic when we decided pirate had to be town for wanting to get replaced, we thought maf would have cared a little more. But she also actually posted often enough to care if she wanted to. David hasn't even done that.

So David, if you read this, please do me a favor and request replacement.
You're not making it fun for us by not playing, and I can't imagine you're actually enjoying this game?

Before anyone gets lynched today though, we also definitely need to hear from Blaze's replacement. I still think Pirate, and therefore Blaze, is town. however the replacement could probably offer us some more insight, something we maybe didn't notice before.

Now I realize the real reason why we need 2 weeks to lynch... so all the dozens of replacements have enough time to play catch up. but possibly the reason we have so many replacements is because it's hard to care when a day lasts for weeks. It's a destructive circle.

So pending further word from Blaze's replacement and David/david's replacement I am going to

VOTE: NO ONE
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by gene1991 »

How's that Bungle? I still check this thread everyday, but sometimes I don't have much to say because there's no new content. I checked today, and I actually had a lot of thoughts that came to mind. I'll try to post more, because at least we can bounce ideas off eachother if we post. But I think I am the kind of person that takes a few hours to process something because I have concrete thoughts on it.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 676, chkflip wrote:The buddying smilies (I've never seen levi be so cheeky), the single scum read where it was easy, the push on Nacho as soon as that was easy, et cetera.
I always use smilies. i use them every game. I haven't this game particularly because i'm trying to cut down on them because people always use them against me and say i'm scum because of them.

How was my single scum read easy. I wasn't even on the wagon for the first lynch and the push on nacho wasn't really that easy. but the more he didn't post and the less he talked when he did makes him seem like a likely candidate for scum. his efforts now could show that he is scum trying to put as much effort in to look like he is town because he realized the heated pressure that was on him.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 678, gene1991 wrote: VOTE: NO ONE
Is this supposed to be
UNVOTE:
OR
VOTE: No Lynch

?
Last edited by JasonWazza on Mon May 06, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

Interesting post gene, but i'm pretty sure no one has just dropped the whole "david is scum thing" as you said, thats technically still a possibility. what's ALSO a possibility is the fact that anyone that is left COULD still be possibly town. which does leave you and bungle. I'm not saying you are. I'm believing that i'm incredibly right like I am most of the time that bungle and gene are obviously town.

however, have I been too quick to judge that? Currently i'm looking at a small chance of being correct in who is scum. david, chkflip, blaze, or nacho. that leaves a fifty fifty chance that I can choose one of y'all at random and still get a possibility of lynching mafia and if I am wrong than to me its a sure victory for town, because I will definitely know who the scum are after this lynch.

I find it very doubtful that scum are going to win this game by how things are going.

plus DUH you are 90 percent confident that scum resides in the three names you chose. I'm 100 percent certain that scum reside in nacho, david, chkflip, and blaze. thats not that big of an accomplishment if you ask me.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

Also @ gene. WHY WOULD YOU VOTE NO LYNCH? lynching is our best way to get scum! you don't give them a free bee! you lynch to because it has power!
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by gene1991 »

In post 681, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 678, gene1991 wrote: VOTE: NO ONE
Is this supposed to be
UNVOTE:
OR
VOTE: No Lynch

?
Oh, I'm sorry. that should be a UNVOTE: .
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by gene1991 »

In post 683, leviathan93 wrote:Also @ gene. WHY WOULD YOU VOTE NO LYNCH? lynching is our best way to get scum! you don't give them a free bee! you lynch to because it has power!
Calm down, lol. I didn't mean it like that. It's my first forum mafia game and I just got the terminology wrong.
I assure you, I want to lynch today, and my post clearly reflected that. I definitely want to lynch, either David, Levi, or Nacho. But I want to wait to lynch to hear from David and Blaze replacements. So, I want to unvote my vote.
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by gene1991 »

In post 682, leviathan93 wrote:Interesting post gene, but i'm pretty sure no one has just dropped the whole "david is scum thing" as you said, thats technically still a possibility. what's ALSO a possibility is the fact that anyone that is left COULD still be possibly town. which does leave you and bungle. I'm not saying you are. I'm believing that i'm incredibly right like I am most of the time that bungle and gene are obviously town.

however, have I been too quick to judge that? Currently i'm looking at a small chance of being correct in who is scum. david, chkflip, blaze, or nacho. that leaves a fifty fifty chance that I can choose one of y'all at random and still get a possibility of lynching mafia and if I am wrong than to me its a sure victory for town, because I will definitely know who the scum are after this lynch.

I find it very doubtful that scum are going to win this game by how things are going.

plus DUH you are 90 percent confident that scum resides in the three names you chose. I'm 100 percent certain that scum reside in nacho, david, chkflip, and blaze. thats not that big of an accomplishment if you ask me.
No need to be rude. Are you getting pissed off that I think you're maf? That's kinda the game.

Also, I don't know about for you, but I wasn't quick to judge bungle as town. in fact, during maybe the first half of the first day he went from maf to null for me. and then gradually to town, and I still even now I notice things he says that reaffirm for me that he is town. So bungle was not a quick decision for me, he has a LOT of evidence behind him in my mind supporting him. All I was saying was that I didn't have all that much support when I decided you were town. and that made my decision on your alignment weaker than my decision about bungle's alignment.

I don't think I could say with any certainty that we will win. Surely I think that now, but it's all depending on how I am assuming the person we lynch will flip. what if we lynch Nacho and he flips town? Then what if maf kills David making him town? I would be literally mindfucked.
I can only go with what I know now, but tomorrow could be totally different.
David Jones
David Jones
Townie
David Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by David Jones »

i request to be replaced
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

OH WHAT THE FUCK
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 687, David Jones wrote:i request to be replaced
Looking for a replacement for David Jones.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:04 am

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 686, gene1991 wrote:
In post 682, leviathan93 wrote:Interesting post gene, but i'm pretty sure no one has just dropped the whole "david is scum thing" as you said, thats technically still a possibility. what's ALSO a possibility is the fact that anyone that is left COULD still be possibly town. which does leave you and bungle. I'm not saying you are. I'm believing that i'm incredibly right like I am most of the time that bungle and gene are obviously town.

No need to be rude. Are you getting pissed off that I think you're maf? That's kinda the game.

Also, I don't know about for you, but I wasn't quick to judge bungle as town. in fact, during maybe the first half of the first day he went from maf to null for me. and then gradually to town, and I still even now I notice things he says that reaffirm for me that he is town. So bungle was not a quick decision for me, he has a LOT of evidence behind him in my mind supporting him. All I was saying was that I didn't have all that much support when I decided you were town. and that made my decision on your alignment weaker than my decision about bungle's alignment.

I don't think I could say with any certainty that we will win. Surely I think that now, but it's all depending on how I am assuming the person we lynch will flip. what if we lynch Nacho and he flips town? Then what if maf kills David making him town? I would be literally mindfucked.
I can only go with what I know now, but tomorrow could be totally different.
lol. pissed isn't what I was going for. =P If I was rude, than I apologize. I probably should have used smilies in that last post to lighten things up like I usually do. I just decided not too. Here. This is the same post that I did with smilies as should have been.

Interesting post gene, but i'm pretty sure no one has just dropped the whole "david is scum thing" as you said, thats technically still a possibility. =P what's ALSO a possibility is the fact that anyone that is left COULD still be possibly town. =/ which does leave you and bungle. I'm not saying you are. =/ I'm believing that i'm incredibly right like I am most of the time that bungle and gene are obviously town. =P

however, have I been too quick to judge that? Currently i'm looking at a small chance of being correct in who is scum. david, chkflip, blaze, or nacho. that leaves a fifty fifty chance that I can choose one of y'all at random and still get a possibility of lynching mafia and if I am wrong than to me its a sure victory for town, because I will definitely know who the scum are after this lynch. =)

I find it very doubtful that scum are going to win this game by how things are going. =)

plus DUH you are 90 percent confident that scum resides in the three names you chose. =P I'm 100 percent certain that scum reside in nacho, david, chkflip, and blaze. thats not that big of an accomplishment if you ask me. =P

Anyway. I WAS quick to judge both you AND bungle as town. It seems incredibly obvious to me from all the games I've played and the different playstyles. To me, both of you are so obvious beginner town. not a bad thing. Its just like a frying pan to the face obvious.

To me the evidence providing that he is town helps, but its still a smack dab in the face to me. =P overall he appears super townie compared to others I have played with.

I can see where you don't have much support on my alignment, I haven't posted as much as I probably could have or been as invested in this game because of how slow its going. It literally seems to me to wait until the deadline is closer and than just talk it up to everyone and see who is the best lynch candidate and then get their claim and then lynch them pretty much indefinitely unless we are all swayed by the claim.

I do have certainty that town will win. If we lynch nacho and he turns out town then all the better for us. One of the most controversial players in the game has been proven town. That leaves three left. at the moment. and then David would NOT be the night kill. Why would he be? he is another controversial player. Scum will want him to stay in the game to get lynched by town (if he is town, if not then he lives as per usual). so honestly I see you have nothing to be worried about. To me I would say that you and bungle are the best scum choices for a night kill because y'all are both so obvious town and they want to leave the more controversial players until the end. that's how things go usually. =P better for scum that is.

Tomorrow will be different because it brings town closer to its win.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 am

Post by mrbungle »

yeah i don't think levi is mafia, 690 convinced me
In post 676, chkflip wrote:The buddying smilies (I've never seen levi be so cheeky), the single scum read where it was easy, the push on Nacho as soon as that was easy, et cetera.
can you give a bit more than that?

oh and

VOTE: nacho

nacho i do not buy your suspicions of me. there are other people in this game who are having no trouble reading my alignment and i do not accept that you, who seem to be a much better player than all of them, could be as confused about it as you'd have everyone believe
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 10:09 am

Post by gene1991 »

In post 688, chkflip wrote:OH WHAT THE FUCK
what does this mean? What is this in regards to?
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 10:12 am

Post by gene1991 »

In post 691, mrbungle wrote:nacho i do not buy your suspicions of me. there are other people in this game who are having no trouble reading my alignment and i do not accept that you, who seem to be a much better player than all of them, could be as confused about it as you'd have everyone believe
That's a really good point. But what about chkflip who also seems suspicious of you? Can that be excused away?
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 am

Post by mrbungle »

probably the mod-post that came right before it
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 10:18 am

Post by mrbungle »

In post 693, gene1991 wrote:
In post 691, mrbungle wrote:nacho i do not buy your suspicions of me. there are other people in this game who are having no trouble reading my alignment and i do not accept that you, who seem to be a much better player than all of them, could be as confused about it as you'd have everyone believe
That's a really good point. But what about chkflip who also seems suspicious of you? Can that be excused away?
i'm still working on my chkflip read. and i think there are different standards for those players so idk if the same logic can apply. 1st, nacho seems more experienced overall and 2nd he's been in the game since the beginning.

right now i'm kinda nullish on flip. i want to believe he's town because there was a time a couple pages back where he was advancing discussion when nobody else seemed to care but I don't like how easily he's hopped onto the leviathan train
gene1991
gene1991
Goon
gene1991
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 am

Post by gene1991 »

@ Levi, Somehow, now you're just coming off as trying to "buddy" up with people. With me in post 690, with Bungle in post 661, with Nacho in post 641.

Sometimes it's subtle, but in the large picture it just looks odd. I'm not sure what buddying up to people means. it certainly looks maf, but it's also too obvious for that.

Levi also just says things that are too obviously just agreeing with everyone else.
In post 634, leviathan93 wrote:At this point in time if it was the end of the day, i'd probably lynch nacho just because how things are going. i'd honestly feel that all the scum are in david, nacho, and chkflip.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 682, leviathan93 wrote:however, have I been too quick to judge that? Currently i'm looking at a small chance of being correct in who is scum. david, chkflip, blaze, or nacho. that leaves a fifty fifty chance that I can choose one of y'all at random and still get a possibility of lynching mafia and if I am wrong than to me its a sure victory for town, because I will definitely know who the scum are after this lynch.

I don't see how you can say something like this when you can't pick one scum out of 4. If you pick the wrong one today and get lynched tomorrow, then it's game over. You're sitting back on this because it's an easy win, but... it's not.
In post 690, leviathan93 wrote:If we lynch nacho and he turns out town then all the better for us. One of the most controversial players in the game has been proven town. That leaves three left. at the moment.
But better if we lynch scum and tomorrow ISN'T LyLo.
Who is your second suspect?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:28 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 692, gene1991 wrote:
In post 688, chkflip wrote:OH WHAT THE FUCK
what does this mean? What is this in regards to?
The post right above it. Fuck this game.
mrbungle
mrbungle
Goon
mrbungle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:39 am

Post by mrbungle »

david